facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 19, 2011, 08:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Who can answer me these 4 questions??

Can anyone from anybody from this forum give me the answer of these 4 qustions. Many may say that these are meaningless now but no , this may happen in future also!!

1.Why was Nafees chosen over Jaharul. What have Nafees done to make a plce for him in the team? why all these politics?
2. Why was Mashrafe Mortaza not included in the 15 men team. I am asking this because even the best team in the world ( Kangaroos ) kept Hussey in the 15 men team even when he was not fully fit. Wy could not we do that?
3.Why does shakib bat at no 5/6 even when he is the ebst bangladeshi batsmen in ODI ( now many may say Tamim is the best..no he isnt!!) . So, in every team the best batsman comes one down ..why not us?? now u ppl may say he does 10 over bowling,captaincy and all. But that doesn't matter...when you are a player and getting paid, you must do all these.
4.why do they tell so many things before the match when such are not important to say like W.indies match not a must win match, you will see a 100 run partnership when they know that they cannot fulfill those?

Old March 19, 2011, 08:21 PM

Mr. Kamal has all the answers
Old March 19, 2011, 08:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1. Jaharul is a WK, SN is a top order batsman where we are very thin. The question should be asked why Jaharul was not included and Ashraful was included in Zim series and in the WC squad? With the limited opportunity Jaharul was given he is proven to be a better batsman and a better WK than Mushi. So as a backup he should have been there. Not that one man could change the whole outcome of the game but these mistakes will continue if not addressed.

2. Mash was unfit. That should be the end of discussion. You don't play 10.5 against 11.

3. You must expedite cloning and get bunch of Shakibs. He can't juggle all the balls at one time. I think he needs to come even down the order as like 6/7.

4. Gag order should have been placed way before the Tourney. Inexperienced management.
Old March 19, 2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
1. Jaharul is a WK, SN is a top order batsman where we are very thin. The question should be asked why Jaharul was not included and Ashraful was included in Zim series and in the WC squad? With the limited opportunity Jaharul was given he is proven to be a better batsman and a better WK than Mushi. So as a backup he should have been there. Not that one man could change the whole outcome of the game but these mistakes will continue if not addressed.

2. Mash was unfit. That should be the end of discussion. You don't play 10.5 against 11.

3. You must expedite cloning and get bunch of Shakibs. He can't juggle all the balls at one time. I think he needs to come even down the order as like 6/7.

4. Gag order should have been placed way before the Tourney. Inexperienced management.
Top post Mijan bhai
Eto din kuthay chhilen? Missed you a lot!
Old March 19, 2011, 09:22 PM
Street Cricketer

you may add another sentence in point 3. Why does shakib bowl at no 6 even when he is our best bowler and opponents are 70/0.
Old March 19, 2011, 09:31 PM
Banned

1. SN has a high average
2.He's too fragile and just got well after months. He needs rest to get 10% fit.
3.Our coach and captain can't 'adapt to change' as in when there's a domino effect, you send a taileneder as a night guard to see off the new ball or whatever. Our batting line up stays static!
4. No comments.
Old March 19, 2011, 10:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:

well i loved ur answers but Jahurul is also a TOP order batsmen. he has always opened the batting in domestics.
and he does keeping occasionally. only after getting a call in national team he started to do it more regularly as he realized adding an extra dimension can boost his selection chance. i am still not sure about his keeping qualities
Old March 19, 2011, 10:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Team politics of sakib n siddon

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 19, 2011, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Jahurul averages 39 against G8 teams. Though early days, but enough said.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 19, 2011, 11:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
1. SN has a high average
2.He's too fragile and just got well after months. He needs rest to get 10% fit.
3.Our coach and captain can't 'adapt to change' as in when there's a domino effect, you send a taileneder as a night guard to see off the new ball or whatever. Our batting line up stays static!
4. No comments.
better averages against whom ? Zimbabwe,ireland??
Old March 19, 2011, 11:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

Nafees a top order? ya may b against Zim but that too when he is at his best!!
about Mortaza he said he was ready to play...I would not ask this question If Hussey would not be called to play!!
Old March 19, 2011, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

No excuses for giving idiots like Ashrafool multiple chances and not giving Jahurul a shot.
Old March 20, 2011, 12:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

1. They probably thought he could reproduce his form from his Zimbabwe days :P. But his career is definitely over. Jaharul needs to get more chances now, we need new players.
2. I'd rather see Mashrafe play for us in the future than risk his career by making him play in the WC.
3. If the entire team s*** themselves after Tamim is out for 0, what do you will happen if Tamim and Shakib are out early? We need to develop new Shakibs and move them up to #3 or 4
4. Defeating Zimbabwe, Kenya, and a weakened West Indies has gotten to their head and they think that things will just happen by themselves.
Old March 20, 2011, 12:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

You could ask another question what is very valid for WC.

Why JS is so defensive about including newbies or players who were not too long in the national team during his tenure? This question arises from the fact that every team did experiment with different players specially in the bowling department and the result was ominous. Sometimes just to make change they used slight injury as an excuse. The best example is Rassel for West Indies.
Old March 20, 2011, 12:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricgenius
Can anyone from anybody from this forum give me the answer of these 4 qustions. Many may say that these are meaningless now but no , this may happen in future also!!

2. Why was Mashrafe Mortaza not included in the 15 men team. I am asking this because even the best team in the world ( Kangaroos ) kept Hussey in the 15 men team even when he was not fully fit. Wy could not we do that?
Hussey was not in the squad...once Bollinger got 'injured' they got special dispensation for him to join the squad. Not to mention Hussey proved his fitness by playing domestic cricket.

Mashrafe proved his by shedding a few tears.

Bangladesh could have done the same thing to get Mashrafe into the team, but I've heard that it is difficult trying to bowl with a dodgy knee, I'm not a bowler...so feel free to correct me.
Old March 20, 2011, 12:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Nafees a top order? ya may b against Zim but that too when he is at his best!!
about Mortaza he said he was ready to play...I would not ask this question If Hussey would not be called to play!!
My bad, Nafees is not a top order. Nafees is an opener. Heck Nafis is also an opener.

Who is Mortaza? Is he the physio? What type of doctorate degree he has to claim his fitness level? Did he bowl with his full runup to pass the fitness test? Kono bap'er beta nai jey FULLY fit Mash'rey boshabey. At least in BD context. He has the BCB backing.
Old March 20, 2011, 12:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

My Question is, why we didn't show considerable improvement in Batting, even after having the best batting coach of the world? Now we know 58 all out wasn't one bad day.
Old March 20, 2011, 01:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Mash was not wanted in the team, his so-called injury came as an excuse. He was definitely fit enough to take part in the world cup. He played an important league match for Abahoni two weeks before the start of the world cup. He bowled his full quota with full run up, took two very good catches and fielded for the whole time. He was pretty honest about his own eveluation of his fitness that he needed some time to get the right rythm. Practice matches against Canada and Pakistan could have given that.

Another fact also indicates that Mash was not wanted in the team. Clearly the team management took Nazmul just as a puppet player, he did not fare in the plan of playing actual matches. In that case, they should have kept Mash in the squad in the first place. If he were not fit, they could easily replace him. This was the case with Hussey.

Mashrafe's past history of injury was also used against him. I have seen many people in terming him as 'pongu' without even thinking about the correct status of his injury. Pace bowling is no easy deal and you can not fake fitness. Mash was fit enough to bowl his full quota in the Abahoni-Mohameddan match.

Mash's presence could improve the bowling department; but the way our batsmen performed, the overall result would not probably have big difference. The team management expected us to proceed to the QF without him and Mash could find it really hard to get into the team even after the world cup, especially if Siddons were staying. Sadly, WI losing to England did not let it happen.
Old March 20, 2011, 01:22 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

To sum up everything in one sentence "WE ARE SIMPLY NOT AS GOOD AS WE WOULD LIKE TO THINK WE ARE, PERIOD!"
Old March 20, 2011, 01:52 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
My bad, Nafees is not a top order. Nafees is an opener. Heck Nafis is also an opener.

Who is Mortaza? Is he the physio? What type of doctorate degree he has to claim his fitness level? Did he bowl with his full runup to pass the fitness test? Kono bap'er beta nai jey FULLY fit Mash'rey boshabey. At least in BD context. He has the BCB backing.
u thought I dint know the definition of top order..look I am also watching cricket for 12 years now....calling Bd's first 4 batsmen top order is an insult to top order actually. I meant it that way, if you cant pick it up , then next time I don't care to explain what I mean.

I was going by Masharfee's statement in a newspaper and not by a member of a forum like you ( and few others obsessed with an Icl played cricket) who I doubt knows little about Mashrafee's fitness just by sitting in front of his computer. You may not know how bad the politics in bd is and its everywhere for your information. They almost kicked out Shakib ( that Lotus Kamal incident I am referring to) ..so they can do it with Mortaza also.

Back to the point..... Prove me how Nafees got a place..now dont bring ashraful here..ashraful we all know has something with BCB ( again I would say another political game).If you can prove what Nafees has done to be in the team, then its worth arguing.
Old March 20, 2011, 01:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
u thought I dint know the definition of top order..look I am also watching cricket for 12 years now....calling Bd's first 4 batsmen top order is an insult to top order. I meant it that way, if you cant pick it up , then I don't care to explain what I mean next time.

I was going by Masharfee's statement in a newspaper and not by a member of a forum like you who I doubt knows little about Mashrafee's fitness just by sitting in front of his computer. You may not know how bad the politics in bd is and its everywhere for your information. They almost kicked out Shakib ( that Lotus Kamal incident I am referring to) ..so they can do it with Mortaza also.

Back to the point..... Prove me how Nafees got a place..now dont bring ashraful here..ashraful we all know has something with BCB ( again I would say another political game).If you can prove what Nafees has done to be in the team, then its worth arguing.
But we had tons of people complaining, Nafees was not getting into the team because of politics, now that he is in, you're saying, he made it because of politics?

So which is it?
Old March 20, 2011, 02:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
But we had tons of people complaining, Nafees was not getting into the team because of politics, now that he is in, you're saying, he made it because of politics?

So which is it?
Ok..let me be clear.. Personally I have a grudge against all Icl players ( except Rafique because he retired that time I think).

But that does not mean that I will not be glad if these players can make a comeback on their merit and win matches for us. But Nafees,,come on its a big joke..what has he done? even in the past except against Zimb...what has he done? Except that 100 against Aust ..what has he done??
Old March 20, 2011, 02:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ok..let me be clear.. Personally I have a grudge against all Icl players ( except Rafique because he retired that time I think).

But that does not mean that I will not be glad if these players can make a comeback on their merit and win matches for us. But Nafees,,come on its a big joke..what has he done? even in the past except against Zimb...what has he done? Except that 100 against Aust ..what has he done??
Ok so who would you have liked in the team? I see you've mentioned Jahurul(as a batsman, not a wicketkeeping all rounder), anyone else?
Old March 20, 2011, 02:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Ok so who would you have liked in the team? I see you've mentioned Jahurul(as a batsman, not a wicketkeeping all rounder), anyone else?
Yes..Jaharul was in a decent form and was getting runs against G8 team....!
Old March 20, 2011, 03:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

1.Why was Nafees chosen over Jaharul. What have Nafees done to make a plce for him in the team? why all these politics?
3.Why does shakib bat at no 5/6 even when he is the ebst bangladeshi batsmen in ODI ( now many may say Tamim is the best..no he isnt!!) . So, in every team the best batsman comes one down ..why not us?? now u ppl may say he does 10 over bowling,captaincy and all. But that doesn't matter...when you are a player and getting paid, you must do all these.
4.why do they tell so many things before the match when such are not important to say like W.indies match not a must win match, you will see a 100 run partnership when they know that they cannot fulfill those?
Ans 1. Nafees was choseen as backup of our opener's (tamim, Imrul)as siddons was very much definite that Junaid will play the vital position at # 3 but he has a chance to play as middle order when raqibul and ashraful failed.
Ans 2. Even Dr. from australia whom Mash conducted in Srilanka before the final 15 selection did not give gurantee that Mash will be fit for WC. If we take one injured player (mash) in our squad and again he got injured and we want his replacment how could u manage ICC if they raise the question why did u take a player when he is already injured ??
Ans 3. Sakib always batted at # 4,5,6 if u want to play him in the top order, who will play in his position ? Tamim/Imrul/Junaid ??
Ans 4. Remeber that day, Sakib said we have no plans, everybody was saying what kind of captain is he ? no plans. Of course there is a plan. Its strategay not to say many things about your team plan to others. So players must have to say its a must win match,we want a 100 run partnership etc. etc. what eles they could say ? "Its just another game or we are not thining about any partnership " How that will be defined then ?

Think man think, before questioning anything. Think the logic, anti logic. Players of BD team tried their best to perform. We did not left any speacialist for our WC team. Many names will come and go by, but the think is we don't have any Tendulker, any Mecgra, Shane warne or ever Virat Kohali left aside for the WC team.