facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 17, 2005, 09:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Mani dismisses two-tier Test cricket

This is good news for Cricket as a whole and for Bangladesh

Old February 17, 2005, 09:57 AM
Club Cricketer

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS NEWS , CAN YOU PROVIDE US THE MAIN SOURCE PLS...
Old February 17, 2005, 10:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by CTazim
This is good news for Cricket as a whole and for Bangladesh
I think Mani did not do something with it.....we did what ever possible in a definite right time. Go BD Go.
Old February 17, 2005, 10:13 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

CricInfo - Mani dismisses two-tier Test cricket
Old February 17, 2005, 11:46 AM
Club Cricketer

We're not out of the woods yet. In the meeting next month they'll talk about scheduling. They may just hand us a schedule which would essentially be what a lot of the naysayers originally advocated in their 'two-tier' proposal. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Old February 17, 2005, 11:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

"To talk about a two-tier system, I think, is wrong," Mani told the Indo-Asian News Service during a visit to India earlier this week. Rather than segregate the two countries, he argued that the ICC should "actually find positive ways of helping them".

"We have Australia on top and then you have seven other countries that are quite close. There is not much difference in Test or one-day cricket between the No. 2 and the No. 8 countries ... and, yes, then there is a big drop [to Bangladesh and Zimbabwe]. What is important for us is to help these countries and not marginalise them." - Cricinfo.

My salute to Ehasan Mani. He definitely earned my respect.
Old February 17, 2005, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Ehsan Mani: \'To talk about a two-tier system is wrong\'

Less than a week after the ICC seemed to suggest that it was prepared to consider reducing the number of matches involving Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, Ehsan Mani, the ICC's president, has said that weaker countries need exposure if they are to develop.

An ICC spokesman had indicated to Cricinfo that Bangladesh and Zimbabwe might be limited to home appearances only across a six-year cycle, as part of a two-tier system to combat the twin problems of fixture overload and uncompetitive matches.

"To talk about a two-tier system, I think, is wrong," Mani told the Indo-Asian News Service during a visit to India earlier this week. Rather than segregate the two countries, he argued that the ICC should "actually find positive ways of helping them".

"We have Australia on top and then you have seven other countries that are quite close. There is not much difference in Test or one-day cricket between the No. 2 and the No. 8 countries ... and, yes, then there is a big drop [to Bangladesh and Zimbabwe]. What is important for us is to help these countries and not marginalise them."

The ICC is thought to be coming under pressure from some of the top eight countries who see often one-sided series against the weakest teams as an unnecessary burden on their players as well as being commercially unattractive. But Mani made clear his view was that once a member, always a member. "If weaker teams have a problem," he argued, "it's the problem of the international cricket community, and we have to find the ways of helping them."

But Mani did agree that there were issues over international scheduling, which would be addressed when the ICC meet in New Delhi next month. "We are looking at the whole way we are running world cricket, whether the ten-year plan is the right programme, or whether is should be eight years or twelve years."

One possible way of easing the situation could be playing more games in traditional off-seasons. "If we could play in June or July in some countries - in Zimbabwe, you can, actually - maybe we should be looking from that point of view."

Source: Cricinfo
Old February 17, 2005, 02:33 PM
Club Cricketer

Default End to all the 2-tier controversies

Well, I guess thats history then.

Mani dismisses two-tier Test cricket
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/C...17FEB2005.html

So thats that

What next?

Edited on, February 17, 2005, 7:35 PM GMT, by pinch_hitter.
Old February 17, 2005, 02:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by offcutter
We're not out of the woods yet. In the meeting next month they'll talk about scheduling. They may just hand us a schedule which would essentially be what a lot of the naysayers originally advocated in their 'two-tier' proposal. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Mmm.....good point. Yes, lets keep our fingers crossed.
Old February 18, 2005, 08:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Old February 18, 2005, 09:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Infact... Mani has always been strongly against this 2-tier from the beginning. But that doesn't seem to do much about the issue... and the whole preparation to justify or create some sort of tiering is going on just right under his nose by the stronger member countries of ICC! I think these sort of issues are decided by voting... and I wonder how much Mani can do about it if majority of the ICC panel decides for it.

One more thing said by Mani caught my eyes....(In the Telegraph report on this..): The report said.. this issue is out of question, atleast untill Ehsan Mani completes his term as the ICC president in June, 2005.

What is going to happen after that?
Old February 18, 2005, 12:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
Infact... Mani has always been strongly against this 2-tier from the beginning. But that doesn't seem to do much about the issue... and the whole preparation to justify or create some sort of tiering is going on just right under his nose by the stronger member countries of ICC! I think these sort of issues are decided by voting... and I wonder how much Mani can do about it if majority of the ICC panel decides for it.

One more thing said by Mani caught my eyes....(In the Telegraph report on this..): The report said.. this issue is out of question, atleast untill Ehsan Mani completes his term as the ICC president in June, 2005.

What is going to happen after that?

I guess it will be a two tier after that. Australlia on the first and rest of the test countries on the second tier.