facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2013, 05:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
First time i have seen him mistime a pull. this pitch is really hard to score on. shows the class of mominul.
Its cuz Mominul has a fairly sound technique. Not as good as Mushy's but perhaps on par with Ashraful. Ash, Mushy, Momin are really the only technically sound batsmen we have produced with mushy leading the way. Too bad, Ash got involved in fixing, I think he had just started to turn the corner and enter into a semi consistent guy. From the little I saw of Marshall, he also seems to have a decent technique. I hope so, cuz if Anamul proves to be useless in Tests, we'll need a solid #3.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old October 11, 2013, 08:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Its cuz Mominul has a fairly sound technique. Not as good as Mushy's but perhaps on par with Ashraful. Ash, Mushy, Momin are really the only technically sound batsmen we have produced with mushy leading the way. Too bad, Ash got involved in fixing, I think he had just started to turn the corner and enter into a semi consistent guy. From the little I saw of Marshall, he also seems to have a decent technique. I hope so, cuz if Anamul proves to be useless in Tests, we'll need a solid #3.
I am just a little worried about Anamul Haque at the moment. No matter how terrible his footwork is,it is true that he has genuine hunger for scoring in the game of cricket. Hunger alone put him in the national team. But hunger alone won't be enough to survive in international cricket. This is I believe is the point where he either can work his *** off with consultants, coaches or whatever resources we have to work on his technique or just see himself slowly fade away from national colors. Now that mominul is performing, ayub has just came into the scene with shamsur knocking at the door, its too much pressure on Anamul. I am in favor of competition but we should also support a player in these times especially someone who has made his debut not too long ago. In summary, the point I want to get across is that I think someone (the coach comes in my mind) should invest extra hours with him getting his technique better or else another talent is about to bite the dust.
Old October 20, 2013, 07:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Nasa & gaye lagey na Shophie & Village gangster.

here is part 1,2,3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhebsnaNjis&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFAv9U23ajA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJPWOjN-NEo

but I have to admit, Rubel is good,Shophi too, Nasa meh
Old October 20, 2013, 08:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Who's the presenter ? Her smile reminds me of Sheena.

Players sung quite well but disappointed with music arrangement. Proti ta gaan er 12 ta bajaye dise musician gula !
Old October 20, 2013, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

This guy makes the rest of the team look like $hit. If I was in the Bd team, I would chill with him all day and night just to observe and get acquainted with what he does to prepare himself mentally, physically and spiritually for every match.
Old October 25, 2013, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Code:
Batting and fielding averages
Mat	Inns	NO	Runs	HS	Ave	BF	SR	100	50	4s	6s	Ct	St
Tests	12	20	1	859	100	45.21	1497	57.38	1	6	93	10	7	0
ODIs	25	22	5	771	100	45.35	957	80.56	1	6	68	9	12	0
Wow Nasir has almost identical stats in his Test and ODI career so far, he averages 45 with 1 century and 6 fifties each in both the formats in similar number of innings, goes to show what a consistent player he has been for us. With all the spotlight taken by Mominul and Gazi in the test series, it might look like he didn't perform that well but his contribution with the bat and ball have been vital in the limited opportunities he got. I hope he gets more chances in ODIs in both batting and bowling and maintains this awesome consistency.
Old October 25, 2013, 10:44 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

after his 1st 12 tests Bashar avged 37.48, nasir's stats makes you really appreciate bashar for how good he was..batting at the top order(with our opening back then he was virtually an opener) in our hay days
Old October 25, 2013, 11:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

I'd like to see Nasir move up the batting order a spot or two in Tests. I think he has sufficient experience and now is a vital cog in the batting. I don't think he'd suit a top order spot so I would keep him in the middle order, coming in after Mominul, in the number 5 slot. I think here he will be able to convert his many starts to hundreds.
This would put Shakib at 6 and Mushfiqur at 7. This may seem a little low in the order for those two, but given the fact that Shakib will probably be bowling till his arms are about to fall off, the extra rest will do him good. Likewise with Mushfiqur's wicket-keeping duties, the rest will should help him too. This would also mean that the number 4, 5 and 6 will go to out most fluent batsmen.
Old October 25, 2013, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

^^ Yeah like the idea but I'll actually have Mushy at 6, he's too good a batsman to bat any lower than this, and Shak at 7 with his current form.
Old October 25, 2013, 11:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I agree Nasir should move up the order. He doesn't bowl much at all, it doesn't make sense to have Shakib and Mushy higher than them considering the fact that they a lot more bowling/keeping load than Nasir. As much as I'd like Shakib higher in the order, I don't think it's possible since he's unfortunately our lead spinner. In order to ensure he doesn't burn out, we'll have to have him down the order.
Old October 25, 2013, 02:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Nasir, khali sharakkhon panku shaija bokhate der moto toi toi koro, oidike dekho Momin koto agaya gesey, tomar ODI ar Test average jog koira shudhu Momin er Test average er shoman, jao khelte bosho!
Old October 25, 2013, 02:49 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Nasir, khali sharakkhon panku shaija bokhate der moto toi toi koro, oidike dekho Momin koto agaya gesey, tomar ODI ar Test average jog koira shudhu Momin er Test average er shoman, jao khelte bosho!
ATMR'sque post this!

But Nasir e panku haircut /dari style kintu kharap na. purai

dole dui ekjon panku lage oppo ke voy dekhaite. sobai jodi Mushy/Mominul er moto chupchap hoy taile to r hoy na
Old October 25, 2013, 03:28 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Nasir has been doing his job quietly this series. I am sure that he will explode into form in the ODI...
Old October 25, 2013, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
I'd like to see Nasir move up the batting order a spot or two in Tests. I think he has sufficient experience and now is a vital cog in the batting. I don't think he'd suit a top order spot so I would keep him in the middle order, coming in after Mominul, in the number 5 slot. I think here he will be able to convert his many starts to hundreds.
This would put Shakib at 6 and Mushfiqur at 7. This may seem a little low in the order for those two, but given the fact that Shakib will probably be bowling till his arms are about to fall off, the extra rest will do him good. Likewise with Mushfiqur's wicket-keeping duties, the rest will should help him too. This would also mean that the number 4, 5 and 6 will go to out most fluent batsmen.
if they were to push nasir up and shakib/mushy down i'd probably put mushy ahead of shakib (so shakib at 7) because as you say shakib will do a lot of bowling and mushy, well that 200 says something, says he can bat long innings which hasn't been shown that often by BD batsmen doing better lately). even though i think 7 is to low for shakib the middle order is getting crowded atm (which is a good thing) and like i said mushy has that 200, we need batsmen that can play long innings and score good runs and at 7 that's unlikely (that's the reason we want nasir higher up so he can be utilised more).
Old October 25, 2013, 03:52 PM
Cricket Guru

i don't know about tests, but with our #3 issues i can see nasir filling the #3 role in ODIs, the only thing is he's been so good at finishing the innings it really would be a gamble because even if he does well at #3 (or wherever he fits in higher up) his replacement down the order needs to contribute well and likely they won't be as good as nasir, is it worth it? will we get that much more out of nasir if we move him up the order? because if not then it's probably better to leave him where he is.
Old October 25, 2013, 03:53 PM

If i was the coach, i would ask Mushy to bat at 3. Ayub/or someone else to open and find a keeper to bat at 7(Bijoy/Sohan).

Mushy is wasting alot of runs by batting at 6/7 in test. He can easily avg 50+ with the skills/tech/footwork he have right now.

but he is brainless and won't do that
Old October 25, 2013, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

You have to think about workload too, batting at #3 (virtually opening because Anamul will score a duck every time) after keeping wickets for 150 overs isn't easy on the body. Could be recipe for paralysis.
Old October 25, 2013, 04:35 PM
Cricket Guru

my fear about pushing anamul down that low in the order, even if it is to keep is that he'll focus so much on that he'll forget how to open so even if he works on his footwork etc then he'll have trouble opening because he mindset would have shifted. i see it as a gamble because anamul has had a hunger for tons like no other, don't want him to lose that and also he's done it in the top order which is our weak point.

whether mushy will do well at #3 or not is an up in the air thing imo, it's quite a gamble to take the gloves off you keeper batsman and make him bat at #3, it hasn't worked for mccullum and everyone expected it to. i think if mushy can handle keeping and batting at 4-6 then we keep him doing that while it's working, if marshall really has looked that good then we need to give him a couple more series to adjust to test level. jahurul can be recalled to open if anamul continues to fail.
Old October 25, 2013, 08:16 PM
Cricket Guru

7 more test runs and nasir overtakes riyad in the test runs rankings.
Old October 25, 2013, 10:40 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
ATMR'sque post this!

But Nasir e panku haircut /dari style kintu kharap na. purai

dole dui ekjon panku lage oppo ke voy dekhaite. sobai jodi Mushy/Mominul er moto chupchap hoy taile to r hoy na
tumi age koisila mia dole akta gangsta dorkar, tomar gangsta re parle akhon ami police e dhoray dai
Old October 26, 2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
tumi age koisila mia dole akta gangsta dorkar, tomar gangsta re parle akhon ami police e dhoray dai
Dile run korbe ke, breakthrough dibe ke?

Public er gonodolai khawar icche ache naki
Old October 26, 2013, 01:37 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Dile run korbe ke, breakthrough dibe ke?

Public er gonodolai khawar icche ache naki
oy to opposition team re run day r no ball e breakthrough day..ore dhoray dile amare public mathay tule nachbe gonodholai to durer bisoy
Old October 26, 2013, 07:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

He should be given the ball more often in tests
Old October 26, 2013, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

At first when I saw him I thought he looked like a very innocent kid.

Well, not until I got to know the significance of the number 69 - pun intended

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 26, 2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
oy to opposition team re run day r no ball e breakthrough day..ore dhoray dile amare public mathay tule nachbe gonodholai to durer bisoy
Miah koyjone pare Virat Kholi re gali dite? Rubel kintu dekhaia diche.