facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 25, 2020, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

man palantir(pltr) became one of the best stock i bought recently. It kinda went a bit to much up too fast for my liking.. i like slow steady rise.. but nonetheless what a winner.

Old November 25, 2020, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

testing, what happend to my post? wrote about pltr.
Old November 25, 2020, 02:06 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Forum is so broken
Old November 25, 2020, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

What is the alternative solution to this forum breaking down?

Like do you guys have any online group? Where the hardcore members can join to see members views on investing? I mean it’s kind of ridiculous that post don’t get posted!
Old November 28, 2020, 05:53 AM
Cricket Legend

So whats' the game plan for next week? what you all buying or shorting. 2021 will be a good year - atleast first half i think. But EV market and the ipo market is in bubble. While it's good to be able to see a future where all vehicles on the road are electric, one should nonetheless be ready to lockin profits.

For example, I bought palantir with a long term view but it has already gained 300%. I already sold some and will most likely close all into strength.

Airbnb will IPO soon. I would buy.
Old December 8, 2020, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Mortgage rate 2.625%. When was the last time it was so low?
Old December 18, 2020, 11:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I'm pretty sure, I've said it before but biggest regret is not taking advantage when I was younger. Not understanding 401k (not enrolling), company matching, employee stock purchasing program at a discount. Only now, that I work for the gov't where they automatically enroll you and educate you is when I took it a little more seriously.

I'm still young but I only have 13K in the govt TSP plan, when in reality I should have 75k in it had I been more aware in my early 20s.

I'm looking QQQG etf it could be like ARKK, also thinking along the lines of having a 70/30 portfolio. Stable Dividends (70%) and a small portion for growth stocks (30%).
Old December 20, 2020, 01:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
I'm pretty sure, I've said it before but biggest regret is not taking advantage when I was younger. Not understanding 401k (not enrolling), company matching, employee stock purchasing program at a discount. Only now, that I work for the gov't where they automatically enroll you and educate you is when I took it a little more seriously.

I'm still young but I only have 13K in the govt TSP plan, when in reality I should have 75k in it had I been more aware in my early 20s.
Better late than never. You are still good but I would try to aggressively catch up if you aren't maxing out. As long as you learn from your mistakes.

this is precisely the reason why I harp so much here - that maybe some of you would take note and actually change the way you approach things.

I am so ahead when it comes to 401k compared to regular ppl in my age group yet i feel so behind. i am also projected to be in good shape. Part of that disappointing feeling has to do with me not keeping my individual stocks outside retirement .

FOr 401k, even if i don't contribute any more money ever , i would STILL have more moneyt that most in my age group given avg return of 7% up next 30 years... yes that's right i still have 30 more working years left
Old December 20, 2020, 01:59 AM
Cricket Legend

btw cricman i just did your math - that is potentially a 600K+ missed money for you. But if you go aggressive guns blazing from here on - you can still salvage some...

I would max 401k and do roth if i were you and then figure out what i got left and budget my life that way.
Old December 22, 2020, 08:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Old December 26, 2020, 08:12 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

If a novice like me want to start some basic trading, what’s the best platform to use?
Old December 27, 2020, 01:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Bitcoin is at stunning closing in on 28K. I am so glad I held my holdings but I am getting ready to unload ... Itching .. this might end up going close to 50k who knows ... But the lighting fast in which it goes up concerns me greatly and thus itching ..
Old December 27, 2020, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Bitcoin is at stunning closing in on 28K. I am so glad I held my holdings but I am getting ready to unload ... Itching .. this might end up going close to 50k who knows ... But the lighting fast in which it goes up concerns me greatly and thus itching ..
Do you have any ideas on how to reduce taxes on your crypto gains? My accountant doesn't seem to know much. I did majority of my buying between March - May. My concern is the ridiculous amount of taxes I'll have to pay. Ideally I'd hold for another 3-4 months so I can pay long term capital gains taxes instead of short term. But I agree with you, it may be the right time to start unloading.
Old December 27, 2020, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Do you have any ideas on how to reduce taxes on your crypto gains? My accountant doesn't seem to know much. I did majority of my buying between March - May. My concern is the ridiculous amount of taxes I'll have to pay. Ideally I'd hold for another 3-4 months so I can pay long term capital gains taxes instead of short term. But I agree with you, it may be the right time to start unloading.
Btc is at uncharted territory. At what level to unload is anyone's guess. Because there are institutional involvement now the "crash" I don't think will be as severe as last time . You can always hold it to long term (which may end up being the smartest choice). Most of the predictuons are positive for next year ..

I am no tax expert but the only way is to pair with the selling with the selling of any stocks where u have losses.

Couple of years ago ppl never reported but IRS is now cracking down on it and cryptogains are now easily trackable specially if u use well known exchanges where they are required to report . I wouldn't take this route lol
Old December 27, 2020, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
If a novice like me want to start some basic trading, what’s the best platform to use?
I have no clue for uk market. I used to love Scottrade but that got bought out and is now td ameritrade. Tdameritrade has their trading platform thinkorswim.com

Most ppl I know use them . It's not bad but I was so used to Scottrade platform I still miss it ...
Old December 27, 2020, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Btc is at uncharted territory. At what level to unload is anyone's guess. Because there are institutional involvement now the "crash" I don't think will be as severe as last time . You can always hold it to long term (which may end up being the smartest choice). Most of the predictuons are positive for next year ..

I am no tax expert but the only way is to pair with the selling with the selling of any stocks where u have losses.

Couple of years ago ppl never reported but IRS is now cracking down on it and cryptogains are now easily trackable specially if u use well known exchanges where they are required to report . I wouldn't take this route lol
I started trading crypto in 2016 and stopped after the 2017 market crash. Reporting gains wasn't required at the time but I was prepared to report my gains just incase. I found the following tool most user friendly for tracking your crypto gains - https://cointracking.info/

This time around I was better prepared. After the market crash I bought bitcoin before I bought any stocks. I took more of a medium to long term approach. I'm a believer in bitcoin. For now I plan to sell only enough to take my principal out with some profit, and let most of it ride.

As I've said I don't like discussing crypto, derivatives or my speculative investments on this thread given the audience. However, I'll make an exception and mention one speculative blockchain stock that you guys may find interesting.
Old December 27, 2020, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Ticker is HVBTF. It's a Canadian crypto mining company that specializes in ETH staking. Back in 2017 I used to call them a lot and bug the hell out of them to get the latest info on what they've been up to .

After the March crash it was reduced to a penny stock trading around $0.10 - $0.20. It's been one of the few 10 baggers for me since March-April. Went from $0.20 to $2.50 recently before pulling back to $1.70. I expect it hit $4-5 in 2021.

The company specializes in Ethereum mining but added bitcoin into the mix recently. They use clean energy for mining and staking. They reported profit in the last quarter which is unheard of for mining companies. I would've given it a price target of $15-20 if they didn't have a history of issuing new stocks and diluting its value after substantial gains. However what's interesting about the price range where its trading now, the company has ambitions of getting enlisted into Nasdaq and a pre-requisite for that is to have an avg stock price above $1. So it's reasonable to conclude they won't mess with its price at these levels. I expect extreme volatility on its way to reaching $4-5 in a few months. So don't buy if you can't stomach 20-30% price swings.
Old December 27, 2020, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
thinking along the lines of having a 70/30 portfolio. Stable Dividends (70%) and a small portion for growth stocks (30%).
Cricman I just glanced through some previous posts and read this again ..didn't catch this first time ... If this thread is for education, alt thinking purpose ..I think u should look into ur asset allocation.

When ppl wrote 70/30 they usually mean 70 stocks ..30 bonds ..but your 70/30 is all stocks which I super like . That's my style.

But given ur young age (I am assuming late 20s to early 30s) , personally I do not think a stable dividend yielding etf will outperform market over decade. My opinion.

Personally I would try to pick more aggressive funds . Maybe other ppl can chime in also..proper asset allocation is always a struggle and it's a personal taste.

I think ajfar does mostly dividend stocks .. u can study how they performed over the years compared to market ..

The way I think is .. if u solely put money to yield income u will miss stocks like amzn netflix tesla that never pay dividends ..u are always buying very mature companies .

Age 20s to 40s go super aggressive ... The worst thing that will happen is u will be at zero when 40 (which is very unlikely) and be in line with general population LOL
Old December 27, 2020, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Ticker is HVBTF. It's a Canadian crypto mining company that specializes in ETH staking. Back in 2017 I used to call them a lot and bug the hell out of them to get the latest info on what they've been up to .

After the March crash it was reduced to a penny stock trading around $0.10 - $0.20. It's been one of the few 10 baggers for me since March-April. Went from $0.20 to $2.50 recently before pulling back to $1.70. I expect it hit $4-5 in 2021.

The company specializes in Ethereum mining but added bitcoin into the mix recently. They use clean energy for mining and staking. They reported profit in the last quarter which is unheard of for mining companies. I would've given it a price target of $15-20 if they didn't have a history of issuing new stocks and diluting its value after substantial gains. However what's interesting about the price range where its trading now, the company has ambitions of getting enlisted into Nasdaq and a pre-requisite for that is to have an avg stock price above $1. So it's reasonable to conclude they won't mess with its price at these levels. I expect extreme volatility on its way to reaching $4-5 in a few months. So don't buy if you can't stomach 20-30% price swings.
10 bagger .. wow nice. Congrats . I feel jealous .

I think u should write about things when u buy or when u research . This is a well educated forum (doesn't have to be market educated )..ppl can make their own call.

Ppl should be aware of alternate investments also . Atleast learn .

I still don't believe in bitcoin. It just doesn't make sense to me still but like I said I will listen to u if u got money and I don't and u believe in it LOL
Old December 27, 2020, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Don't! I have mates who have been trading on various apps for years. It's like betting, you win a little, you lose a little. In the end, you waste a lot of time for a tiny profit.
Stick to your day job, there's no alternative to it.
Old December 27, 2020, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
10 bagger .. wow nice. Congrats . I feel jealous .

I think u should write about things when u buy or when u research . This is a well educated forum (doesn't have to be market educated )..ppl can make their own call.

Ppl should be aware of alternate investments also . Atleast learn .

I still don't believe in bitcoin. It just doesn't make sense to me still but like I said I will listen to u if u got money and I don't and u believe in it LOL
I have only 2 Canadian companies in my spec portfolio and both have been very good to me. I've referenced the other one in at least 10 posts since 2017 - it's the cannabis stock Aphria (APHA). The cannabis industry has been going through a price discovery phase since 2017 and Canada has been the clear leader. Since the 2017 bubble burst the sector has been undervalued - even until recently they were priced like value stocks in a relatively new growth sector. The obvious challenge is separating the good from the bad as many of these companies won't even survive. Why my choice was APHA? I've felt they're the best of breed. Their product is high quality - my friends tried it , they have a very efficient supply chain and the lowest production cost.

I started buying at near bottom and ended up with avg buy price of $2.50. Based on my calculations I thought it should be valued $6+. Every time it hit $4-6 I'd sell and buy back at $3-4. After the recent bull run I finally sold most of my holding at $8. It probably has another 10-20% upside left but I'm ok with leaving that on the table as my focus has shifted elsewhere.

I also don't believe that BTC will take over the world or anything I just think they may have a large enough user base to make the supply demand equation to work in their favor. Anyway enough spec talk for one day - don't want to wake up folks from their beauty sleep
Old December 27, 2020, 11:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Don't! I have mates who have been trading on various apps for years. It's like betting, you win a little, you lose a little. In the end, you waste a lot of time for a tiny profit.
Stick to your day job, there's no alternative to it.
He is not gonna quit his job he will do this on addition. But I agree trading is not a good idea. However don't discourage investing. In month of November ..one of my account gained 43k usd in a month. U go earn that !!!
Old December 28, 2020, 05:37 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
He is not gonna quit his job he will do this on addition. But I agree trading is not a good idea. However don't discourage investing. In month of November ..one of my account gained 43k usd in a month. U go earn that !!!
Yes, that’s correct. I am not going to quit my job to take on something I have little idea.

You seem to have mastered the art. Any suggestions for apps?
Old December 28, 2020, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yes, that’s correct. I am not going to quit my job to take on something I have little idea.

You seem to have mastered the art. Any suggestions for apps?
I mastered nothing. All I did is accumulate over the years and now positive market movement gives me decent gain and negative gives losses - with occasional trading here and there.

Trading itself is easy but constantly winning is extremely difficult. Not my cup of tea. I prefer buy, hold and constantly re-evaluate the position.

Good luck.
Old December 28, 2020, 06:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Guess who will be wearin' a 600$$$ cologne soon. Yup. Yup.