facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 30, 2006, 06:27 PM
Street Cricketer

see the mentality of this writer Siddhartha Vaidyanathan @cricinfo.com

========================

The official reason put forward by PCB was that Karachi would have enough sunshine till late in the evening for 90 overs to go through in a day's play.

The rumour mills, though, began working over-time and there were some suggestions that the move was prompted to delay the start by as much time as possible so that the fast bowlers would be denied early help. The green look of the pitch, some apparently felt, besides the cool winds blowing from across the sea, could be of great assistance to quicker men early in the day.

What foresight! Had Irfan Pathan bowled his first delivery of the Test at 9:45am who knows what a mess he might have created. With all the skullduggery, he still managed to snaffle three wickets in the first six minutes.

With 900 extra seconds, more millimeters of dew on the pitch, and a faster wind speed he could have easily sliced through the whole line-up, maybe even twice. Surely then one could have had a chance to see the first-ever first over double hat-trick in Tests.

And the match would have undoubtably finished around noon on the first day, well before the fading light caused any problems.
===============

that funny. and guess who is making fun of Irfan's abilities!! - Its Siddhartha Vaidyanathan @ ind.cricinfo. And people here talk about pakistanies. For me such stupids are stupids. I dont weigh them on basis of nationalities

cheers

Old January 30, 2006, 06:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by Devils_Advocate
For me such stupids are stupids. I dont weigh them on basis of nationalities
ah! excellently put. I whole-heartedly support your statement.
Old January 30, 2006, 06:41 PM
Cricket Sage

A bunch of could have - should have, ifs and butts which translate to looser mentality. The start time was decided before the toss long time ago. With the same logic, someone can say if India loose the toss, things could be much worse for India than what happened to Pakistan. But what’s the point?

Without discounting Pathan's heroic performance, I would like to mention that even Indian coach agreed that what India needs is more speed in the their fast bowlers to be more effective. . They have enough to wound the opponent, but not enough to end the job i.e. kill the wounded opponents.

Siddhartha Vaidyanathan should do more forward thinking than back ward thinking. He should concentrate on what they have in their control instead of not could-have should-have stuff based on rumors without producing any fact.