facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 29, 2015, 12:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Ireland and Scotland can host qualifiers have done it before.
You are forgetting usa and canada as well.
Its just bang bang t20 qualfier,one day qualifier and world youth cup qualifier in bangladesh,you have to see the conspiracy.
Remember al spinning wkts benefit bangladesh.
I do agree people will come,and you will will get the crowds in bangladesh.I guess icc qant to televise the qualifier too and full crwods.
Just think ireland/scotland is a good location,and you throw in some holland crowds,you have a 3 way holding of a qualifier.Whether crowds would get out there i dunno.
Yes on a scale it looks like zimbabwe and west indies are screwed for the future,zimbabwe now selling off its assets and cars.They won't have to cover Brendon Taylor's salray now,apparently the top 4 players we're paid well why the rest we're paid pittance.

I dunno what will happen with williams he is always falling out with the board,a bit like taibu they are quite immature i think.
We have the U19 world cup. We dont have to qualify for it. The only tournament we are hosting is the 2018 world cup qualifier. ICC didn't give it to us...BCB asked for it since we were relegated to qualifiers.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old March 29, 2015, 01:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Al ICC don't like to be embarressed.

I am assuming they went phew when ireland did not qualify for the 8,and went damn when england lost 2 bangladesh.
ICC don't like it when test nations don't qualify for events or are beaten by sides like ireland.It means that those sides who lose get questioned and the icc get questioned.
Ireland has done enough to play the 2019 world cup,they have done enough to get test status,but with the cut to 10 nations they just want ireland to go away they are a problem child who embarress the icc.
By giving events to bangladesh it usually ensures bangladesh get through,zimbabwe however continues 2 be an embarressment.
I really think the icc dislike ireland and the bcci don't like ireland cause they lose a vote,because the 4 asian sides vote the same way,plus zimbabwe,and in the past the west indies,but bcci hates them now and want them gone.
Old March 29, 2015, 01:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

If the ICC wants to ensure Bangladesh make it to the world cup why make them qualify with Associates? It doesn't make sense!

In truth the BCB said, OK fine but let us host the first one. ICC made a small concession in the battle to win the war. So who cares if BD gets knocked by Ireland PR Afghanistan? ICC does not.

Yes England losing is embarrassing because they are one of the big 3. If Ireland knocked WI or PAK out ICC should be embarrassed, but they won't be cuz they are shameless.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 29, 2015, 10:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

আজ যারা ১০ দলের বিশ্বকাপের কথা বলেন তারা কি এই তথ্য-উপাত্তের কথা ভুলে গেলেন:

- ২০০৩ বিশ্বকাপে সেমি-ফাইনাল খেলা চারটা দলের একটার নাম ছিলো কেনিয়া
- ২০০৭ বিশ্বকাপের সুপা্র এইট এর একটা দলের নাম ছিলো আয়ারল্যান্ড যে বিশ্বকাপে ভারতের মতো প্রতাপশালী দল প্রথম পর্ব পার হতে পারে নি
- ২০১১ তে বিশ্পকাপের ইতিহাসে সবচেয়ে বেশীরান তাড়া করে জেতা দলটা একটা এসোসিয়েট দল, তারা জিতেছিলো টেস্ট খেলুড়ে সবচেয়ে আদি দলটার সাথে
- ২০১৫ তে সমান ৬ পয়েন্ট পেয়েও রান রেটে পিছিয়ে পড়ে কোয়ার্ট-ফাইনাল খেলতে না পারা দলটার নাম আয়ারল্যান্ড, যারা দুইটা টেস্ট খেলুড়ে দেশকে হারিয়েছে
- ২০১৫ তে দ্বিতীয় হওয়া দলকে ১৪৩ পুজি নিয়েই কাপিয়ে দিয়েছিলো যে দল তার নাম স্কটল্যান্ড
- ২০১৫ তে এক ঘেয়ে একপেশে সব খেলার মাঝে সবচেয়ে উত্তেজনাপূর্ণ যে ৫টি খেলা হয়েছে তার ২টিতে খেলেছে এসোসিয়েটরা

দেড় মাস ক্রিকেট বিশ্বকাপ চলাটা যদি বেশী লম্বা মনে হয়, তো তার তো প্রয়োজন নাই,
১৬টা দল নিয়ে বিশ্বকাপ হলে এবং ৪টা করে দল ৪ গ্রুপে ভাগ হয়ে খেলে কোয়ার্ট-ফাইনাল-সেমি এবং ফাইনাল হলে মোট খেলা হয় ৩১টা যা ১ মাসের মধ্যেই বিশ্বকাপকে সীমাবদ্ধ রাখবে ।

আইসিসি যদি প্রকৃত অর্থে বিশ্ব ক্রিকেট সংস্হা হয় তো তাদের কাজ হচ্ছে খেলাটাকে বিশ্বজুড়ে জনপ্রিয় করা,
এবং এইটা যে কোন নূন্যতম সাধারনজ্ঞান সম্পন্ন মানুষই জানে যে বাছাই আর মূল বিশ্বকাপে খেলা এক কথা নয়, দুইটার পার্থক্য অনেক ।

আইসিসি এর পক্ষ নিয়ে কোন কোন পন্ডিত ফুটবলের অনেক স্তরের বাছাই পর্বের কথা বলে থাকে,
অথচ ক্রিকেট সম্পর্কে নূন্যতম জ্ঞান যার আছে সেও জানে এসোসিয়েটরা কঠিন বাছাই পর্ব পার হয়েই মূল বিশ্বকাপ খেলে চলেছে এযাবত পর্যন্ত ।

সবার জন্য সমান সুযোগ এর কথা চিন্তা করলে সেই বাছাই পর্বে প্রতিটা দলেরই খেলা উচিৎ,
কেউ টেস্ট খেলে বলে তাকে বাছাই পর্ব খেলতে হবে না এই আইন সমান অধিকারের পরিপন্হি ।

আইসিসি এর খেলার প্রসার না ঘটিয়ে একে সংকুচিত করার এই প্রয়াসের মূল কারণটার কথা কেউ মুখফুটে বলতে চায় না হয়তো ।
শুনতে খারাপ লাগলেও বাস্তবতা হচ্ছে ভারতীয়রা জাতিগত ভাবেই খেলাধূলায় অতি-দূর্বল,
যার প্রমাণ ১২৫ কোটি মানুষের দেশ অলিম্পিকে ২০১২তে একটাও সোনা জিতে নাই, ২০০৮ এ জিতেছিলো মাত্র ১টা সোনা ।

কেনিয়া বিশ্বকাপের সেমি-ফাইনাল খেলার পরও তাদের টেস্ট মর্যাদা দেওয়া হয় নাই,
আয়ারল্যান্ড পর পর তিন বিশ্বকাপ জুড়ে এতো ভালো খেলার পরও তাদের টেস্ট মর্যাদা দেয়া হচ্ছে না...
অথচ শ্রীলংকা, জিম্বাবুয়ে বা বাংলাদেশ এর চাইতে অনেক কম যোগ্যতার প্রমাণ দিয়েও টেস্ট মর্যাদা পেয়েছে ।
কেউ কি বলতে পারে একটা এসোসিয়েট দেশ কি করলে পরে টেস্ট মর্যাদা পেতে পারে ??!!

আমি মনেকরি সমান অধিকার থাকা উচিৎ সব ক্রিকেট খেলুড়ে দেশের একদিন এবং টি২০ বিশ্বকাপের অংশগ্রহনের ক্ষেত্রে ।
ফুটবল বিশ্বকাপে যেমন অঞ্চল ভিত্তিক কোটা দিয়ে সবাই ( চাম্পিয়ন সহ) বাছাই পর্বে প্রতিদ্বন্দ্বীতা করে এখানেও তাই হওয়া উচিৎ ।

আর একদিন এর বিশ্বকাপের আয়োজন ১৬টা দেশ নিয়েই হওয়া উচিৎ,
টি২০ ২৪টা দেশ নিয়ে হতে পারে ।

আর টেস্ট খেলুড়ে মর্যাদা কি করলে পাওয়া যাবে তার স্পষ্ট নির্দেশনা আইসিসি এর করা উচিৎ ।

ভারতকে বুঝতে হবে সত্যিকার শক্তিধর প্রতিযোগিতাকে কখনও ভয় পায় না,
আর অসাধারন এই খেলাটার প্রসার কেবল মাত্র একটা দেশের স্বার্থে সংকুচিত করে ফেলাটা খেলাটার প্রতি চরম অবিচারের কাজ হবে ।

যারা খেলাটাকে প্রচন্ড ভালোবাসে এবং এর বিশ্বময় প্রসার দেখতে চায় তাদের সবার এক হয়ে এসোসিয়েটদের পাশে দাড়ানোটা একান্ত দরকার.....

Last edited by boka; March 30, 2015 at 09:27 AM..
Old March 30, 2015, 12:34 AM

^ Whoever wrote it has no idea of hockey at least.
Old March 30, 2015, 09:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
^ Whoever wrote it has no idea of hockey at least.

কথাটা এক্কেবারে খাটি কইছেন, ভুলটা ধইরা দেওয়ার জন্য ধন্যবাদ...
অলসতা জিনিসটা বড়ই খারাপ......
Old March 31, 2015, 06:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AC Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Today Richardson confimed it will be a 10 man comp for the 2019 world cup.
Ireland and Afghanistan have special one day status,but no one will play them not even bangladesh.

Zimbabwe is the only weak link 1 may get through.
They will play intercontinetal cup,but are not likely to get one dayers,unless they play themselves.
The future is bleak,and icc cutting tapp funding for nations outside the 6 one day nations that qualified for one day status is cut so bcci can have a bigger cut.

Would think now their is no pathway for world cup and t20 we will hear little of them and these nations will go from semi professional to amateurs again.
I'd say this is now the final straw that breaks the camels back.

I guess pretty much icc gone backwards now,cricket will die outside the top 10 nations and the sport will go backwards.
I guess there is always rugby union.
It's pretty sad given the competition will last even longer apparently with less teams because they will play each other twice as often. It is important to avoid mismatches, but more important is to address the root causes behind those mismatches.
Old April 2, 2015, 10:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Complete utter rubbish. Destruction of the Associates...destruction of a sport...Humanity has failed...ICC is a spineless creature that is raping the game of cricket like humans have been systematically, day after day, raping and violating the planet, the Earth I mean. ICC, it's International Criminals Council...their way of thinking disgusts me...I pity this fool of a council.

P.s. Bunch of crooks....int'l Clowns!
Old April 3, 2015, 02:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Agree Buhjee i like the international rugby board better,they are expanding nations for the world cup,they have just given japan the world cup even tho its a minor player despite the amazing popularity in japan,money talks for their domestic league lo t of foreigners playing and big crowds too.They have rugby 7's a year long tournament with newer nations like kenya playing it.Rugby 7's is in olympics and commonwealth games.Then you have the tri series downunder which now includes a 4th argentina,and then the europe championships which include a new side italy.Plus super 15's which have 5 kiwi,5 aussie and 5 saffie sides.They are really building a international brand,with growth.