facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 26, 2018, 12:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Not AL fan but this thread looks like an anti AL thread.

There are more important things in life than cricket. If someone prioritize helping his country in a more significant way than by playing cricket, I think we should encourage that person.
haha haha ... say what ? So you run for politics if you want to help your country ? You can also help your country by winning the world cup . That would be more than anything he can as some puppet montri. And many other ways

He didn't want to wait for the next election . The guy is only 33 or something like that . Has the whole life ahead of him to help his country . This is strategic for him . Shakib pulled out realizing he probably has another 6 years left for him but this is end of mash cricketing career .

This is selfish and strategic move. Nothing wrong with it but as a cricket fan I think he should focus on winning the wc or give up playing now before running . (That would obviously back fire too ) ..

Mash has power hunger . I would re evaluate someone who writes crap like what he wrote on fb. Too much me me me talk ...

Old November 26, 2018, 01:13 AM
Cricket Legend

When Mash will come to bowl, announcement will be like:

Bangladesh captain ahem Honorable Member of Parliament of Narail to start from this end!
Old November 26, 2018, 05:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

So who is going to be the hero that translate the comments.
Old November 26, 2018, 05:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

You know what I think

**** Awami League and BNP, two political leagues that are both full of ****.
Old November 26, 2018, 09:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair

Bangladesh captain ahem Honorable Member of Parliament of Narail to start from this end!
Being a MP is not a full time job. Almost all MP's have jobs, business that they focus beside politics.
Dr Kamal Hossain is not closing down his Law Chambers or taking an early retirement because he joined politics.
Old November 26, 2018, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Being a MP is not a full time job. Almost all MP's have jobs, business that they focus beside politics.
Dr Kamal Hossain is not closing down his Law Chambers or taking an early retirement because he joined politics.
Sometimes a post has to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old November 26, 2018, 12:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Sometimes a post has to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Sorry what is your point?

You are clearly incapable to understand the fact that being a MP is not a full time job. Why are you so against it?

If you watch cricket than you would know that Mash contributes the most to the team with his leadership skill. His bowling and batting skill can be easily replaced but his leadership and ability is inspire is second to none.
Old November 26, 2018, 12:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Sorry what is your point?

You are clearly incapable to understand the fact that being a MP is not a full time job. Why are you so against it?

If you watch cricket than you would know that Mash contributes the most to the team with his leadership skill. His bowling and batting skill can be easily replaced but his leadership and ability is inspire is second to none.
Baisab, I was asking you to take my post with a pinch of salt, ie the following post

Quote:

Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old November 26, 2018, 12:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Wow! This has to be the thread of the year.
Old November 26, 2018, 01:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Baisab, I was asking you to take my post with a pinch of salt, ie the following post
Unless you suffer from Amnesia, You also wrote the followin.. (see below)

Quote:
Suddenly prioritizing has become very important and cricket became total meaningless when we are about to play a world cup with probably our best team in decades.

If there are more important things than cricket, he could have been a politician from the very beginning. And priority is relative, in the same vein it can be said that there are far more important things than politics.

It looks anti Amlig because Mash joined Amlig. Had he joined Bimpi, it would have been anti Bimpi.
so again
Being a MP is not a full time job. Almost all MP's have jobs, business that they focus beside politics. So Why are you so against it?
Old November 26, 2018, 02:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

just my personal opinion --

Mash's timing was not ideal. Irregardless of how much work a MP does or need to do, he is still the captain of the cricket team and will lead the team in the WC. Thus it is very odd being an MP and captaining the side.

I understand the election timing creates this unique situation but he is still very young and could have easily contested in the next election in 5 years.

Now on his political ambitions, I am absolutely thrilled about it. He is not only a down to earth, humble, and honest person but he is the epitome and definition of a true leader. Our society (and politics) needs a visionary like him. Most importantly, he is not corruptible. He had multiple opportunities to make serious money (ICL saga, BPL fixing etc.) when his career seemed all but very short. He served the team with integrity and naturally I believe he will serve his constituent similarly.

Now being on AL ticket. It is just circumstantial. BNP is crippled with no leadership. Whether we like or not, AL is the dominant party on the country now and will most likely be in power again. He could have become MP with BNP ticket but he will struggle to improve the condition of his constituency from an opposition party in the parliament. Yes, he could have ran as an independent too but he won't achieve much from that as well. Running with AL ensures he can be most efficient and productive.

Finally, the people of Narail will decide if he wins or not. We can bicker and fight all we want but it his people that knows him best and knows what he is capable of. If they think he should be their leader, then they will elect him democratically.
Old November 26, 2018, 02:42 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

As a cricket fan, i could care less what he does in his personal life. As long as he plays all the matches he is suppose to play, we should not complain.

From a Bangladeshi point of view, I am thrilled to see someone like Mash has decided to join the politics. I would totally vote for him. Our country needs more visionary politicians like Sohel Taj. Hope things got better in AL and Mash wont quit like Sohel Taj did.

And to those who are saying that Mash could have opened up a third party and join politics in that way...Have you guys seen what they have done to Prof Yunus? Prof Yunus with so much influence in world politics, could not do anything, he was being ridiculed and harassed. Mash is no one compared to Prof Yunus
Old November 26, 2018, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Mash is no one compared to Prof Yunus
Yes maybe in terms of world fame, prestige and book "intelligence" but i am gonna take a leap and say Mash is a better leader than Yunus. I can't see hard core youth rallying behind yunus but put mash there - he is gonna make a patriot out of you.

He will only get better. Corruptible is subjective. He will have to do questionable things if he needs to survive Bangladehi politics .
this becomes a moral question - is it ok to do some bad for greater good. Maybe.

Awami league ticket is the right ticket for him too in my opinion whether or not he shares their vision whatever the hell that is. Incumbent can only help.

I don't mind seeing him as the chairperson in a decade and a half if possible.
Old November 26, 2018, 03:04 PM
Cricket Sage

^The Dr. Yunus love/hate pendulum actually swivels around a BD youth (and his/her family) either making it to a job under Grameen or anything related to it, project, bank, NGO, school etc. or not.
Old November 26, 2018, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

^Yunus always sounded to me like a snake oil salesman. There is something wrong when you get a peace prize for your "economic theory". He had good backing from his university days - the CLINTON pull.
Old November 26, 2018, 03:25 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

@iDumb bro, When I said Mash is no one compared to Yunus, I meant world wide recognition and admiration. Having friends like Clinton, Obama is no joke. Also Yunus is highly respected around the world. Now is his work a real game changer or not is a different story. With that much world recognition, Yunus could not successfully open up a 3rd party, How would Mash open up one? He would be crushed like an ant by the government and his dream of leading BD into WC would have been over.So joining Al was the smartest move
Old November 26, 2018, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

He can do as he likes. Won't get any special treatment. And yes, I am happy he is becoming an MP. Most MPs in Bd are crooks before they become MPs. Mash ain't. So automatically the chances of him becoming a crook is reduced.

But I also understand the feelings of people. Not just in Bd, in no country does this fly well, people come to watch sports and hype up their favorite sports heroes, it hurts them deeply when they voice opinions on politics, let alone run for office.

Btw, since we are talking about Yunus. Do you think AL would file those cases against him if he decided to run on a AL ticket? Yep, exactly. That is why people cannot digest a man of Mash's stature joining the all mighty AL. People of that stature normally start their own parties, like Yunus wanted to do.
Old November 26, 2018, 10:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
How would Mash open up one? He would be crushed like an ant by the government and his dream of leading BD into WC would have been over.So joining Al was the smartest move
I agree 100%. Not only in BD. Even in US where the election supposed to be fair (seems like it's not lol) - not aligning yourself with a major party put you in a very bad position. trump would have never won without republican ticket despite being a very independent voice. Instead he kind of reshaped image of the republican party. Maybe mash can do that in future. It's not a bad path.
Old November 26, 2018, 11:54 PM
Cricket Sage

What is his academic background? Trump can be an eyesoar and still reshape cause he is an ivy-leaguer
Old November 27, 2018, 03:26 AM
Cricket Sage

imran ahmed
লম্বা ফেইসবুক স্ট্যাটাস দিয়ে মাশরাফি রাজনীতিতে এসেছে। কিন্তু তার নিজের কর্মক্ষেত্রে এই পাপন সাহেবের অধীনে এতো অপকর্ম হচ্ছে সে তো তার প্রতিবাদ করেনি উল্টো চোরাদের দলে ভিড়েছে! আর সে করবে নড়াইলের সেবা, দেশের সেবা! রাজনৈতিক দলে না থাকার সময় কিছু বলতে পারেনি, এখন একই দলে থেকে পা চাটা ছাড়া কিছুই করতে পারবে না। তবে মাশরাফি "অগণিপথ" সিনেমার মত মনে কিছু পুষে রেখেছে কিনা, সেটা সময়ই বলে দিবে।

Old November 28, 2018, 03:30 AM
Cricket Legend

From today's opinion piece at Prothom Alo

মাশরাফি তাঁর ফেসবুক পেজে রাজনীতিতে আসার যৌক্তিকতা তুলে ধরেছেন। বলেছেন, দুটি ভালো বল করে বা মানুষকে জড়িয়ে ধরে ভালো মানুষ হওয়ার ইচ্ছা কোনোকালেই ছিল না। এটা মাশরাফির সীমিত অনুধাবনক্ষমতার পরিচায়ক। মাশরাফি জানেন না যে তাঁর ‘দুটি ভালো বল’ দেশকে ও তাঁকে কোন উচ্চতায় নিয়ে যায় বিশ্ব ক্রিকেট দরবারে।

মাশরাফি বলেছেন, রাজনীতি না করে দেশে উন্নয়ন জোরালোভাবে কিছু করা সম্ভব নয়। এ কথার মাধ্যমে চেতনে-অবচেতনে তিনি অন্য পেশাজীবীদের অবদানকে খাটো করেছেন। অন্যভাবে, রাজনীতি না করে দেশের উন্নয়নে সম্পৃক্ত হওয়া যাবে না—এটা যথার্থ ধারণা নয়। ১৬ কোটি মানুষের সবাই রাজনীতিতে না নেমেও দেশের উন্নয়নে নানাভাবে ভূমিকা রাখছেন। বিদেশ থেকে লাখ লাখ প্রবাসী মাথার ঘাম পায়ে ফেলে হাজার কোটি টাকার রেমিট্যান্স পাঠান, পোশাকশিল্পের শ্রমিকেরা রাত-দিন পরিশ্রম করে বৈদেশিক অর্থ উপার্জনে ভূমিকা রাখছেন—এঁদের কি দেশের উন্নয়নে ভূমিকা নেই?

মাশরাফি মানসিক দেয়াল ভাঙার কথা বলেছেন। আরও অনেক দেয়াল ভাঙার কাজও শুরু করতে হবে। যেকোনো দুর্নীতিবাজ, ব্যাংক লুটেরা, হাজার কোটি টাকা পাচারকারী, বাংলাদেশ ব্যাংকে সোনাকে তামা বানিয়ে ফেলা, গডফাদার ও সন্ত্রাসীদের বিরুদ্ধে লড়াই শুরু করতে হবে। নির্বাচনী প্রচারে গিয়ে তিনি এসবের বিরুদ্ধে তাঁর নিজের অবস্থান পরিষ্কার করবেন আশা করি। মাশরাফিকে হাতুড়ি বাহিনী, চাপাতি বাহিনীর বিরুদ্ধে কথা বলতে হবে। আগুন-সন্ত্রাসের বিরুদ্ধে রুখে দাঁড়াতে হবে, হেলমেট বাহিনীর বিরুদ্ধে মাঠে নামতে হবে। গুম, অপহরণ বন্ধের জন্য পথে নামতে হবে। মাশরাফি ভ্রাতৃত্ববোধে সহনশীল ও সহযোগিতাপূর্ণ রাজনৈতিক সংস্কৃতির কথা বলেছেন। কিন্তু তাঁকে তো নিজেরই অসম প্রতিযোগিতার সুবিধা নিতে হতে পারে। তিনি যেখানে নির্বিঘ্নে প্রচারের সুযোগ পাবেন, সেখানে তাঁর বিপক্ষের লোকজন হয়তো দাঁড়াতেই পারবেন না। এসব নিয়ে মাশরাফি কিছু বলেছেন বলে দেখিনি। এসব বিষয়ে তাঁর অবস্থান পরিষ্কার হওয়া দরকার।

মাশরাফি গতানুগতিক কিছু উন্নয়নের স্বপ্ন দেখিয়েছেন। স্বাস্থ্য ও শিক্ষা খাতের কথা বলেছেন। এই প্রথাগত উন্নয়নের ধারণা থেকে তাঁকে বের হয়ে আসতে হবে। বরং স্বাস্থ্য ও শিক্ষা খাতে কেন উন্নয়ন হচ্ছে না, তা খুঁজে বের করতে হবে। অবকাঠামোগত উন্নয়নের কথা বলে বাহবা নেওয়ার দিন আর নেই, বরং নির্বাচিত হলে এটাই হবে তাঁর দায়িত্ব। তিনি দেশের মানবাধিকার পরিস্থিতি নিয়ে কোনো কথা বলেননি। তাঁকে সবার স্বাভাবিক মৃত্যুর নিশ্চয়তা নিয়ে কথা বলতে হবে। বাক্স্বাধীনতা নিয়ে কথা বলতে হবে। যশোরের আবু বক্করের হত্যাকাণ্ড কি মাশরাফিকে স্পর্শ করে? আবু বক্করও তাঁর মতোই মনোনয়নপ্রত্যাশী ছিলেন। তবে ভিন্ন দল থেকে বা একরামের মেয়ের বলা সেই কথা কি মাশরাফির মনে আছে—আব্বু, তুমি কান্না করতেছ যে? তিনি কি নারায়ণগঞ্জের ত্বকী হত্যা নিয়ে কিছু বলবেন। কারণ, এই আবু বক্কর, একরামের মেয়ে বা ত্বকীরাও যে তাঁর ভক্ত।

মাশরাফি ২০১৯ সালে বিশ্বকাপ খেলার প্রত্যয় ব্যক্ত করেছেন। জাতীয় দলে তাঁর উপস্থিতি আমাদের সাহস দেয়। তাঁকে অবশ্যই প্রয়োজন। কিন্তু একই সঙ্গে অধিনায়কত্বের পদ ও নির্বাচনী প্রচার; ঠিক যায় না। এখানে আইনগত কোনো বাধা নেই। তবে মনে রাখতে হবে, মাশরাফি বিসিবির বেতনভুক্ত খেলোয়াড়। আর বিসিবি বাংলাদেশ নামক প্রজাতন্ত্রের একটি প্রতিষ্ঠান। প্রজাতন্ত্রের একটি প্রতিষ্ঠানের বেতনভুক্ত হয়ে কোনো রাজনৈতিক দলের পক্ষে নির্বাচন করা কতটা নৈতিক? অনেকেই বলতে পারেন, বিসিবি একটি স্বায়ত্তশাসিত প্রতিষ্ঠান। এই প্রতিষ্ঠানের অর্থ সরাসরি জনগণের পকেট থেকে আসে না। কিন্তু বিসিবি বাংলাদেশ নামক একটি রাষ্ট্রের প্রতিষ্ঠান। মাশরাফি যে জার্সি গায়ে চাপিয়ে বল করার জন্য ২২ গজের পিচের দিকে দৌড়ে যান বা যে পতাকার প্রতিনিধিত্ব করেন, এসবের মালিক কিন্তু বাংলাদেশের জনগণ। এটাও মাশরাফিকে ভাবতে হবে। মাশরাফির উচিত জাতীয় দল থেকে পদত্যাগ করা। না হলে এটা বাজে উদাহরণ হয়ে থাকবে। সাবেক অধিনায়ক নাঈমুর রহমান দুর্জয় বা আরিফ খান জয় নির্বাচন করেছেন। নির্বাচিত হওয়ার পর জয় ব্যক্তিগত পিস্তল নিয়ে মাঠে প্রবেশ করেছেন। এসব নিয়ে কারও মনে কোনো ভাবান্তর হয়নি। কারণ, ওনারা খেলা থেকে অবসর নিয়ে রাজনীতিতে এসেছেন। দুজনই সাবেক সংসদ সদস্যের ছেলে। অনেকেই জানতেন, তাঁরা রাজনীতিতে আসতে পারেন। আশরাফ উদ্দিন আহমেদ চুন্নু ১৯৯১ সালে আওয়ামী লীগ থেকে নির্বাচন করেছেন। সালাম মুর্শেদী উপনির্বাচনে জিতেছেন। এখনো চুন্নু, মুর্শেদী, দুর্জয়, জয় দলমত-নির্বিশেষে সবার প্রিয় খেলোয়াড়। কারণ, খেলা ও রাজনীতিকে তাঁরা গুলিয়ে ফেলেননি।

মাশরাফি যদি রাজনীতি ও খেলা একই সঙ্গে চালিয়ে যান, তবে তা ভালো নজির হয়ে থাকবে না। রাষ্ট্রীয় দায়িত্বে থেকে অনেকেই রাজনীতিতে আসার সুযোগ খুঁজবে। রাষ্ট্রীয় অনেক কাঠামোর মধ্যে এটা ঢুকে গেছে। কিন্তু খেলাতেও যদি এসব ঢুকে পড়ে, তা হবে দুঃখজনক।
মাশরাফি ক্যারিয়ারের সায়াহ্নে আছেন। এবার নির্বাচনে অংশ না নিলে তাঁকে আরও চার-পাঁচ বছর অপেক্ষা করতে হতো। তিনি মনে হয় অপেক্ষা করতে চাননি। তাই খেলা শেষ করার আগেই রাজনীতিতে চলে এলেন। আবার বিশ্বকাপে খেলার সুযোগও হারাতে চাইছেন না। খেলা না রাজনীতি—মাশরাফি যেকোনো একটি বেছে নিলেই পারতেন।

https://m.prothomalo.com/opinion/art...াফি-��িক-করলেন
Old November 28, 2018, 09:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
From today's opinion piece at Prothom Alo

মাশরাফি তাঁর ফেসবুক পেজে রাজনীতিতে আসার যৌক্তিকতা তুলে ধরেছেন। বলেছেন, দুটি ভালো বল করে বা মানুষকে জড়িয়ে ধরে ভালো মানুষ হওয়ার ইচ্ছা কোনোকালেই ছিল না। এটা মাশরাফির সীমিত অনুধাবনক্ষমতার পরিচায়ক। মাশরাফি জানেন না যে তাঁর ‘দুটি ভালো বল’ দেশকে ও তাঁকে কোন উচ্চতায় নিয়ে যায় বিশ্ব ক্রিকেট দরবারে।

মাশরাফি বলেছেন, রাজনীতি না করে দেশে উন্নয়ন জোরালোভাবে কিছু করা সম্ভব নয়। এ কথার মাধ্যমে চেতনে-অবচেতনে তিনি অন্য পেশাজীবীদের অবদানকে খাটো করেছেন। অন্যভাবে, রাজনীতি না করে দেশের উন্নয়নে সম্পৃক্ত হওয়া যাবে না—এটা যথার্থ ধারণা নয়। ১৬ কোটি মানুষের সবাই রাজনীতিতে না নেমেও দেশের উন্নয়নে নানাভাবে ভূমিকা রাখছেন। বিদেশ থেকে লাখ লাখ প্রবাসী মাথার ঘাম পায়ে ফেলে হাজার কোটি টাকার রেমিট্যান্স পাঠান, পোশাকশিল্পের শ্রমিকেরা রাত-দিন পরিশ্রম করে বৈদেশিক অর্থ উপার্জনে ভূমিকা রাখছেন—এঁদের কি দেশের উন্নয়নে ভূমিকা নেই?

মাশরাফি মানসিক দেয়াল ভাঙার কথা বলেছেন। আরও অনেক দেয়াল ভাঙার কাজও শুরু করতে হবে। যেকোনো দুর্নীতিবাজ, ব্যাংক লুটেরা, হাজার কোটি টাকা পাচারকারী, বাংলাদেশ ব্যাংকে সোনাকে তামা বানিয়ে ফেলা, গডফাদার ও সন্ত্রাসীদের বিরুদ্ধে লড়াই শুরু করতে হবে। নির্বাচনী প্রচারে গিয়ে তিনি এসবের বিরুদ্ধে তাঁর নিজের অবস্থান পরিষ্কার করবেন আশা করি। মাশরাফিকে হাতুড়ি বাহিনী, চাপাতি বাহিনীর বিরুদ্ধে কথা বলতে হবে। আগুন-সন্ত্রাসের বিরুদ্ধে রুখে দাঁড়াতে হবে, হেলমেট বাহিনীর বিরুদ্ধে মাঠে নামতে হবে। গুম, অপহরণ বন্ধের জন্য পথে নামতে হবে। মাশরাফি ভ্রাতৃত্ববোধে সহনশীল ও সহযোগিতাপূর্ণ রাজনৈতিক সংস্কৃতির কথা বলেছেন। কিন্তু তাঁকে তো নিজেরই অসম প্রতিযোগিতার সুবিধা নিতে হতে পারে। তিনি যেখানে নির্বিঘ্নে প্রচারের সুযোগ পাবেন, সেখানে তাঁর বিপক্ষের লোকজন হয়তো দাঁড়াতেই পারবেন না। এসব নিয়ে মাশরাফি কিছু বলেছেন বলে দেখিনি। এসব বিষয়ে তাঁর অবস্থান পরিষ্কার হওয়া দরকার।

মাশরাফি গতানুগতিক কিছু উন্নয়নের স্বপ্ন দেখিয়েছেন। স্বাস্থ্য ও শিক্ষা খাতের কথা বলেছেন। এই প্রথাগত উন্নয়নের ধারণা থেকে তাঁকে বের হয়ে আসতে হবে। বরং স্বাস্থ্য ও শিক্ষা খাতে কেন উন্নয়ন হচ্ছে না, তা খুঁজে বের করতে হবে। অবকাঠামোগত উন্নয়নের কথা বলে বাহবা নেওয়ার দিন আর নেই, বরং নির্বাচিত হলে এটাই হবে তাঁর দায়িত্ব। তিনি দেশের মানবাধিকার পরিস্থিতি নিয়ে কোনো কথা বলেননি। তাঁকে সবার স্বাভাবিক মৃত্যুর নিশ্চয়তা নিয়ে কথা বলতে হবে। বাক্স্বাধীনতা নিয়ে কথা বলতে হবে। যশোরের আবু বক্করের হত্যাকাণ্ড কি মাশরাফিকে স্পর্শ করে? আবু বক্করও তাঁর মতোই মনোনয়নপ্রত্যাশী ছিলেন। তবে ভিন্ন দল থেকে বা একরামের মেয়ের বলা সেই কথা কি মাশরাফির মনে আছে—আব্বু, তুমি কান্না করতেছ যে? তিনি কি নারায়ণগঞ্জের ত্বকী হত্যা নিয়ে কিছু বলবেন। কারণ, এই আবু বক্কর, একরামের মেয়ে বা ত্বকীরাও যে তাঁর ভক্ত।

মাশরাফি ২০১৯ সালে বিশ্বকাপ খেলার প্রত্যয় ব্যক্ত করেছেন। জাতীয় দলে তাঁর উপস্থিতি আমাদের সাহস দেয়। তাঁকে অবশ্যই প্রয়োজন। কিন্তু একই সঙ্গে অধিনায়কত্বের পদ ও নির্বাচনী প্রচার; ঠিক যায় না। এখানে আইনগত কোনো বাধা নেই। তবে মনে রাখতে হবে, মাশরাফি বিসিবির বেতনভুক্ত খেলোয়াড়। আর বিসিবি বাংলাদেশ নামক প্রজাতন্ত্রের একটি প্রতিষ্ঠান। প্রজাতন্ত্রের একটি প্রতিষ্ঠানের বেতনভুক্ত হয়ে কোনো রাজনৈতিক দলের পক্ষে নির্বাচন করা কতটা নৈতিক? অনেকেই বলতে পারেন, বিসিবি একটি স্বায়ত্তশাসিত প্রতিষ্ঠান। এই প্রতিষ্ঠানের অর্থ সরাসরি জনগণের পকেট থেকে আসে না। কিন্তু বিসিবি বাংলাদেশ নামক একটি রাষ্ট্রের প্রতিষ্ঠান। মাশরাফি যে জার্সি গায়ে চাপিয়ে বল করার জন্য ২২ গজের পিচের দিকে দৌড়ে যান বা যে পতাকার প্রতিনিধিত্ব করেন, এসবের মালিক কিন্তু বাংলাদেশের জনগণ। এটাও মাশরাফিকে ভাবতে হবে। মাশরাফির উচিত জাতীয় দল থেকে পদত্যাগ করা। না হলে এটা বাজে উদাহরণ হয়ে থাকবে। সাবেক অধিনায়ক নাঈমুর রহমান দুর্জয় বা আরিফ খান জয় নির্বাচন করেছেন। নির্বাচিত হওয়ার পর জয় ব্যক্তিগত পিস্তল নিয়ে মাঠে প্রবেশ করেছেন। এসব নিয়ে কারও মনে কোনো ভাবান্তর হয়নি। কারণ, ওনারা খেলা থেকে অবসর নিয়ে রাজনীতিতে এসেছেন। দুজনই সাবেক সংসদ সদস্যের ছেলে। অনেকেই জানতেন, তাঁরা রাজনীতিতে আসতে পারেন। আশরাফ উদ্দিন আহমেদ চুন্নু ১৯৯১ সালে আওয়ামী লীগ থেকে নির্বাচন করেছেন। সালাম মুর্শেদী উপনির্বাচনে জিতেছেন। এখনো চুন্নু, মুর্শেদী, দুর্জয়, জয় দলমত-নির্বিশেষে সবার প্রিয় খেলোয়াড়। কারণ, খেলা ও রাজনীতিকে তাঁরা গুলিয়ে ফেলেননি।

মাশরাফি যদি রাজনীতি ও খেলা একই সঙ্গে চালিয়ে যান, তবে তা ভালো নজির হয়ে থাকবে না। রাষ্ট্রীয় দায়িত্বে থেকে অনেকেই রাজনীতিতে আসার সুযোগ খুঁজবে। রাষ্ট্রীয় অনেক কাঠামোর মধ্যে এটা ঢুকে গেছে। কিন্তু খেলাতেও যদি এসব ঢুকে পড়ে, তা হবে দুঃখজনক।
মাশরাফি ক্যারিয়ারের সায়াহ্নে আছেন। এবার নির্বাচনে অংশ না নিলে তাঁকে আরও চার-পাঁচ বছর অপেক্ষা করতে হতো। তিনি মনে হয় অপেক্ষা করতে চাননি। তাই খেলা শেষ করার আগেই রাজনীতিতে চলে এলেন। আবার বিশ্বকাপে খেলার সুযোগও হারাতে চাইছেন না। খেলা না রাজনীতি—মাশরাফি যেকোনো একটি বেছে নিলেই পারতেন।

https://m.prothomalo.com/opinion/art...াফি-��িক-করলেন

How hard it is to understand the role of a "member of parliament".

He is NOT running to be the prime-minster... Once you understand this simple concept, this post is a joke.
Old November 28, 2018, 09:56 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

^ And also he will be retiring after 7-8 months. So whats the big deal?
Old November 28, 2018, 10:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^ And also he will be retiring after 7-8 months. So whats the big deal?
It would be nice to look up rules governing the members of parliament. I know that for a simple Government employee in Bangladesh it is difficult to get prolonged period of absence in non work related capacity. Travelling outside of a country without permission also is a cause for termination.

He will be out of the country for 2 months for world cup. He will be drawing two paychecks. I think there is a conflict. It's also almost a year of lack of proper service.

Whether or not he has the time to tackle both is not the issue here as most of the argument is he is only playing ODI.

I wouldn't vote for someone like that to represent my district who will be negligent and absent. Would you? A guy who promises great things and great changes but already will be absent in his first year of service should not have his words taken seriously. Action matters. Not words.
Old November 28, 2018, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

He is not even gonna miss West Indies series to campaign per Papon. Not gonna go door to door to show he is serious. Writing a facebook post from your practice session is not a quality of a good politician. Go talk to the people who will vote for you. I am happy he is not gonna miss cricket but if I was in Norail and he shows this kind of behavior and the semi garbage post he wrote in FB, he would lose my vote. It already feels like he is detached.

Even billionaire President trump leaves everything and goes to areas where he wants votes.