facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2018, 10:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Is Kenya a country?

Old July 12, 2018, 10:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Desi fans are way to reactive and emotional. Bangladesh are not minnows but they're not a powerhouse either. Good at home, sub par away. Not too hard to understand, no need for the emotional highs and lows that follow a good and poor run of form.
Old July 12, 2018, 02:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Is Kenya a country?
Yes and it's a pretty cool one.
Old July 12, 2018, 02:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Old July 12, 2018, 02:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Ah the SS Minnow. Gilligan’s Island was a great show. Used to be shown on btv
Old July 12, 2018, 05:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Ah the SS Minnow. Gilligan’s Island was a great show. Used to be shown on btv
A freaking 3-hour tour.
Old July 12, 2018, 05:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
A freaking 3-hour tour.
Sorry didn’t get what you meant
Old July 12, 2018, 05:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Sorry didn’t get what you meant
The theme song. Listen to it. This is the most important thing.
Old July 13, 2018, 07:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
All teams struggle in the first couple tests on tour. India only win the 3rd Test in SA and that was due to a minefield pitch where Pandya becomes as lethal as Rabada. And that’s given how frequently India tours overseas at senior and A team level.
As evidenced by his earth shaking 0 wickets across both innings, versus Rabada's half a dozen.
Old July 13, 2018, 08:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
All teams struggle in the first couple tests on tour. India only win the 3rd Test in SA and that was due to a minefield pitch where Pandya becomes as lethal as Rabada. And that’s given how frequently India tours overseas at senior and A team level.
We shouldn't even mention Team India when we r talking about a team of Bangladesh's caliber. Its like bringing the quality of Audi into discussion when we r talking about the local tempos.

India has performed brilliantly in their recently finished SA tour. They would've easily won the series if kohli had selected a better team. Second test was there for the taking but unfortunately they failed to do so due to bad luck.

But we all saw how they hammered and humiliated SA in the ODIs, didn't we? Oh one more thing, i don't think the number of tests we have played in last couple of years have played any role in our overall development as a cricket playing nation. We played quite a number of tests at both home and away in last couple of years and it's needless to say, we have been humiliated in most of them. Only a uber low level minnow team can get thrashed the way we got thrashed in SA and NZ. We couldn't even compete in a single session leave alone winning a test or series. It was so damn embarrassing.
Old July 13, 2018, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
As evidenced by his earth shaking 0 wickets across both innings, versus Rabada's half a dozen.
India performed really well in SA. Those who followed that series closely would agree with me.
Old July 13, 2018, 08:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
We shouldn't even mention Team India when we r talking about a team of Bangladesh's caliber. Its like bringing the quality of Audi into discussion when we r talking about the of local tempos.

India has performed brilliantly in their recently finished SA tour. They would've easily won the series if kohli had selected a better team. Second test was there for the taking but unfortunately they failed to do so due to bad luck.

But we all saw how they hammered and humiliated SA in the ODIs, didn't we? Oh one more thing, i don't think the number of tests we have played in last couple of years have played any role in our overall development as a cricket playing nation. We played quite a number of tests at both home and away in last couple of years and it's needless to say, we have been humiliated in most of them. Only a uber low level minnow team can get thrashed the way we got thrashed in SA and NZ. We couldn't even compete in a single session leave alone winning a test or series. It was so damn embarrassing.
Are you from India posing as a BD fan ?
Old July 13, 2018, 08:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
We shouldn't even mention Team India when we r talking about a team of Bangladesh's caliber. Its like bringing the quality of Audi into discussion when we r talking about the local tempos.

So true. India fought really hard in the first two tests and could have easily won had Kohli were a little smarter about team selection.

There is a difference between losing the first test while fighting hard and a complete disgraceful surrender like BD did in WI. The first type can be attributed to getting acclimatized whereas the second type is nature of minnows.
Old July 13, 2018, 08:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Thats quite rich coming from a person whose quality of comments are as toxic as greenhouse gas emissions
Old July 13, 2018, 08:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Is it me or am I detecting two closet trolls? Both seem to be cut from the same Indian deshi cloth
Old July 13, 2018, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I have a question for you Adamnsu, no one in this forum probably is as merciless as me when comes to using words to be critical of Bd. And yet, you never call me a troll. So why are you calling these folks trolls? Did they do something in the past that I am unaware of?
Old July 13, 2018, 09:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I have a question for you Adamnsu, no one in this forum probably is as merciless as me when comes to using words to be critical of Bd. And yet, you never call me a troll. So why are you calling these folks trolls? Did they do something in the past that I am unaware of?
Coping technique.
Old July 13, 2018, 09:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I have stopped actually to say anything to you after the day you stoopped so low when you changed the name of Bangladesh to show your frustration. That IMO is worse than being a troll.
Old July 13, 2018, 09:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Coping technique.
Not really. Its more to give back a pinch of their own medicine.
Old July 13, 2018, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
I have stopped actually to say anything to you after the day you stoopped so low when you changed the name of Bangladesh to show your frustration. That IMO is worse than being a troll.
Hahaha,ok! Good to know.
Old July 13, 2018, 09:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
India performed really well in SA. Those who followed that series closely would agree with me.
Yep, it was a decent performance across the tests and ODIs, but I fail to see why it was even brought up in the first place in the context of this thread.
Old July 13, 2018, 10:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I don't like the term "minnows" but if it needs to be used then I will say we are minnows in Test and T20s. In ODIs, we are mediocre.

Beside Zim/Ireland, we don't start any game with any of those nine oppositions as the favorite to win.

and not everyone who criticizes our poor performance is a troll.
Old July 13, 2018, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Are you from India posing as a BD fan ?
Nope dude. I m a Bangladeshi from Bangladesh who's a die hard fan of Bangladesh cricket team.
Old July 13, 2018, 12:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
They also got favorable pitches in 2 of the 3 Tests.

In fact the minefield of the 3rd Test evened things out as well because it made a Bumrah as lethal as a Rabada.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 13, 2018, 12:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
YOU shouldn't mention it. Once India starts to win 70% of the ICC trophies to reflect their power, influence, and financial standing we'll have a reasonable base for discussion.

You can't even compare SL to BD. SL didn't win till the 3rd Test on tour. And that too was on a minefield where a Lakmal or Ranjith becomes as unplayable as a Gabriel or Roach. Its like a Dhaka turner where both Miraz, Ashwin, or Lyon can all turn the ball a yard.

#OneTeam1Dream