facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 23, 2015, 01:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Our top - mid order is such a joke, it's unbelievable they still don't know where to put him. Even a 20/30s score is good from him considering Riyad Tamim and Anamul struggle to even get that after 20 or so overs

Old February 23, 2015, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I feel mominul has the potential to be our dravid, but the way he is being juggled around makes me worried. I hope when he is given the opportunity, he will shine brightly.

I am big supporter of Anamul (he is very gritty), but not in Aussie/NZ conditions... his technique is not there yet. Whereas someone like mominul, with superior techniques, can serve us as really well in these foreign conditions. It's a question of how you build the team, i feel that our management made some wrong choices.
Old February 23, 2015, 04:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
He shows no intent of taking singles. All he does is forward defense. That puts pressure on the scoreboard and partner Tamim. Plus on the batsmen coming after them. Not everyday Shakib - Mushi will rescue the team. Then what? All because of forward defense and impressing Ganguly.
True, he is actually hurting the team. More over he is too selfish. By using up that review opportunity, he has reconfirmed that he doesn't at all bother for the team. He knew, he didn't have a bat, then why use up that review?
Old February 23, 2015, 06:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I read on DailyStar that Mominul will continue to bat at 7 and Shabbir at 8. Unlikely that changes will be made
Old February 23, 2015, 07:31 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
I feel mominul has the potential to be our dravid, but the way he is being juggled around makes me worried. I hope when he is given the opportunity, he will shine brightly.

I am big supporter of Anamul (he is very gritty), but not in Aussie/NZ conditions... his technique is not there yet. Whereas someone like mominul, with superior techniques, can serve us as really well in these foreign conditions. It's a question of how you build the team, i feel that our management made some wrong choices.
I agree. Mominul is just not yet confident enough. He will do better as he matures and gets a few inning under his belt. I think he should partner with Mushy/Shakib/Nasir, wherever they come in. Right now he is a middle-order batsman. As he gets better he can be moved up.

Anauml should not open. He seemed awkward, defending easy balls and swinging at good ones. I don't know what his deal is, but I would drop him and bring in Soumay to open, and Nasir late in the order.

Don't get me started on Tamim. I still think he's overrated.
Old February 23, 2015, 07:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

If anamul continues his bad form then muminul should play in that case sarkar has to open the batting with tamim and mumin has to bat one down.. It seemed pointless to see muminul batting so lower down the order when you have a good finisher like Nasir in your squad
Old February 23, 2015, 10:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

I say we give some top 3 batsman who have earned selection (rony, litton) if anamul goes into a long slump and soumya doesn't work out. Mominul is talented and I believe eventually he'll sort himself out in the format but he hasn't really done much to get selected for the format and hasn't performed that well over quite a few chances, meanwhile we have some top 3 batsmen in domestic cricket scoring tons left right and centre and a couple of them dominated the DPL as well.
Old February 23, 2015, 10:53 PM
Club Cricketer

Mominul has good batting technique but he does not have
the strength to hit fours and sixes in the size of the
stadiums that they have in Australia
they need a hard hitter batsman and Mominul does
not fit in the huge stadiums in Australia
I think Nasir Hossain should be brought in to play
instead of Mominul
Old February 24, 2015, 03:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I read on DailyStar that Mominul will continue to bat at 7 and Shabbir at 8. Unlikely that changes will be made
I think that's a practical solution to use Mominul. Coaching staff/Team Management have planned and actually put something into execution, to sustain a collapse at the top and middle ... As we generally do. We could have this extra batsman here, since we have a pretty good bowling option with alrounders.

I'm in with this idea of Mominul @7 this will also help the top order to play without fear.
Old February 24, 2015, 03:33 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I always felt Mominul could open. He certainly has better technique than both Anamul and Soumya and can hit some boundaries with the fielders up.
Old February 24, 2015, 10:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Mominul to bat down the order

Quote:
Coach Chandika Hathurusingha reportedly was not in favour of considering Mominul for top order, and captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza also sided with him.

"I don't think Mominul's confidence will be dented. He is mentally very strong. Soumya [Sarker] looked very good in the number three position and I believe Mominul has got the quality to contribute for the team playing at number seven position. We need Mominul in the team," said Mashrafe.
Old February 24, 2015, 11:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Who is going to open at #4? tuk tuk Riyad?

So same old sequence of "tuk-tuk" coupled with another ""tuk-tuk" followed by some new blood and then back to "tuk-tuk".... boy we have really a anemic top of the batting order.... like Pakistan.
Old February 24, 2015, 12:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Hmm don't see Mominul useful down there.
Old February 24, 2015, 02:05 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

I don't understand the logic. Usually teams opt for batsman who are fast and can score boundaries quickly at number 7 position and here we have Haturi and Mash going with Mominul who is clearly not close to a finisher. I really hope it works out otherwise it will be a waste.
Old February 24, 2015, 03:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

So picking mominul to finish in a World Cup when he's still unproven in ODIs, over nasir who is proven and got form back recently?
Old February 24, 2015, 04:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

A bit weird to put Mominul at #7 wen u have Nasir. But then again i think he is there for a top order collapse where he does a fighting mentality and can stabilise the innings along with Riyad.
Old February 24, 2015, 04:44 PM
Club Cricketer

Mominul did well against Sri Lanka in the tests. Maybe the plan is if we have one of those typical top/middle order collapse, he can come in at #7 and play a test-innings to save face.
Old February 24, 2015, 04:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

all of mominuls test runs came at a high SR .. he needs to open to pierce the infield and mushfiq at 3 or 4.. anamul should keep and bat at 7
Old February 24, 2015, 05:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I think to best use anamul's ability he should bat lower down the order.
Old February 24, 2015, 05:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

there is no way Momin is a number 7 player, 3,4,5 or nowhere
Old February 24, 2015, 06:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

If mash thinks muminul can contribute by coming down the order then why didn't he let him much of the strikes the other day against afg. He even got him run out so he could be on strike for the last over
Old February 25, 2015, 04:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Who is going to open at #4? tuk tuk Riyad?

So same old sequence of "tuk-tuk" coupled with another ""tuk-tuk" followed by some new blood and then back to "tuk-tuk".... boy we have really a anemic top of the batting order.... like Pakistan.
Watching the last game, I thought they were being flexible with batting order, to continuously have LEFT-RIGHT Combination & HITTER-TUKTUK Combination
Old February 25, 2015, 04:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehedi
If mash thinks muminul can contribute by coming down the order then why didn't he let him much of the strikes the other day against afg. He even got him run out so he could be on strike for the last over
Yes, that wasn't sensible from Mash. He should have trusted Mominul .. Mash treated him like a number 11, that wasn't fair...
Old February 25, 2015, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Seems like mini will play n probably late down the order. So no chance fir nasir. Not sure how effective mominul wud be....
Old February 25, 2015, 08:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Seems like mini will play n probably late down the order. So no chance fir nasir. Not sure how effective mominul wud be....
These guys are retards if they repeat the same mistake