facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 7, 2012, 10:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Default Do you believe in tabij,pathor,and other stuffs?

Many educated people in BD believe in tabij,one of my relative, she said her husband was tabijed by her mother in law, then she started an anti tabij to orient her husband back, so far didn't work.
Then I had a chachi who was very paji,my chacha was under her control big time,and then some tabijes were found in their house, she is divorced now so all is well.
And then there are rings with pathors or stones attached that can turn your luck the way u want to.
The use of tabij is very common among muslims.
I used to wear tabij as a kid to stay away from shaitan or evil spirits.

So let's discuss about our opinions,would love some witnesses ,
some personal experiences.

Old May 7, 2012, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

I don't believe in those.. never heard any stories from any educated person that those tabij/anti tabij works.... though heard lots of stories from our buas .. could be true or there could be some other explanation to it...don't know.. My brother wears Akik pathar but that's for the Sunnat reason.. My mom carries a Dua written by my Dada and she believes that protects her...

Pathar changing your luck is totally bhua I guess.. In BD sooo many people wears pathar but for how many of them the luck actually changed??

Tobe black magic er kotha Quran e achhe ami jotdur jani.. like anti dua, ulta Quran pora ittadi ittadi.. oigula bhabte bhoi lage.. r oigulo bodhoi shobai pareo na...
Old May 7, 2012, 11:05 AM
MLC World Series I

Nope! I used to wear one, or should I say was forced upon by my parents until Class 8th or so. Then one fine day, I just threw it and told my mom I don't want to wear it. To this date, my parents still believe in them.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

a big fat NO!

God is Great! when i was very young Alhamdulillah my mom strongly urged me to wear tabiz I told her that I rely on Allah Alone, and at that time I wasn't very knowledgeable in Islam accept for basic aqeedah and how to pray. It just goes to show you that Islam is quite natural. It is in our nature, I loved childhood man! those were amongst the best days of my life Alhamdulillah!

Alhamdulillah! I successfully convinced my mom to get rid of them. She listens to Qur'an recitations instead!

I don't believe in Astrology(Fortune Telling) either!
Old May 7, 2012, 11:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Rifat bhai,Astrology or horoscope(rashiphol) are also something I wanted to discuss about. thanks.
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

never used any tabij, pathor or any other stuffs. However, i read that there are some certain Sura if you carry them in any form (may be tabij, or paper) then you will be protected by Allah from all kinds problems, dangers.
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
a big fat NO!

God is Great! when i was very young Alhamdulillah my mom strongly urged me to wear tabiz I told her that I rely on Allah Alone, and at that time I wasn't very knowledgeable in Islam accept for basic aqeedah and how to pray. It just goes to show you that Islam is quite natural. It is in our nature, I loved childhood man! those were amongst the best days of my life Alhamdulillah!

Alhamdulillah! I successfully convinced my mom to get rid of them. She listens to Qur'an recitations instead!

Fortune Telling is Shirk. No one knows the future except Allah. There is strong warning in Hadith about fortune-tellers and also the people who goes there.

I don't believe in Tabij either.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:21 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Well when i was very young, may be in pre-school i used to have one. One of my relatives told my mother that there is an evil power hovering around me as i used to get frightened by ghost in the dark and used to p** at night in the bed, so suggested to put one tabij around my neck . However i don't know whether it worked or not but when i just got little older i just threw it away......
But i do acknowledge that there are some powers or anti powers through this tabij. I heard if you write some specific verses of Quran in a proper way it will work in favor of you and if you write those same verses in random opposite way it can harm the target person. I have seen some people going out of their mind and then lately found those tabijes around them. Though it is true that in most cases it is also a booming business by the hujurs.
However i personally believe if you pray 5 times a day and recite Quran and have a clean heart all these stuffs will get crushed before you. Because you will be protected by millions of Angels around you Inshallah. But whether you are affected or not the person who does these sorts of things will surely get his due reward with interest in this world and hereafter.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:21 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
a big fat NO!

Rifat vai, can you please let us know why our Rasul used to wear Akik? I am just curious..

I don't believe in tabiz or any kind of astrology. But do believe in black magic since it has been mentioned in quran..
Old May 7, 2012, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
never used any tabij, pathor or any other stuffs. However, i read that there are some certain Sura if you carry them in any form (may be tabij, or paper) then you will be protected by Allah from all kinds problems, dangers.
I don't think you actually have to carry them rather you need to recite them.. Like I always use Ayutul Kursi and it helps me a lottt..
Old May 7, 2012, 11:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
I don't think you actually have to carry them rather you need to recite them.. Like I always use Ayutul Kursi and it helps me a lottt..
That's exactly right sister
Old May 7, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Rifat vai, can you please let us know why our Rasul used to wear Akik? I am just curious..

I don't believe in tabiz or any kind of astrology. But do believe in black magic since it has been mentioned in quran..
JazakAllah khairan Roman bhai for your post,

I am unaware of the fact that Rasulullah(SalAllahu A"laihe wasallam) used to wear akik. I believe in black magic too and there is indeed a cure for it(Qur'an recitation...in particular: surah bakarah + surah ali imran + surah nas + surah falaq + ayatul kursi)!

I do not know but I can ask my shiekh who is studying at UCONN(he is an imam in a masjid in Makkah) for furthur verification.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:37 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I don't believe in these. Only the Almighty can cure anyone. However, you need to get treated first.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

About the stones i feel have a scientific reasoning. Though i am not sure. Some say that each specific stones when gets heated up (or warms) by the surface of our body or through sunlight emits photons of energy having different wavelength. These energies with shorter but unique wavelength enters our body and interacts with the neurons and cells. As we know everything is in a motion. So these energies creates positive vibrations or constructive waves. That helps our body to function well, get rid of physical or mental stress and so on.
But i don't know the relation of these stones with the planets. Maybe the stones attributes each plant when comes closer to earth creates more magnetic field and in return the electrons are in higher energy state.... don't know But i enjoy when those people speak about the rashifoll. Never i have heard anyone saying anything specific yet people listen to them so intensely.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I would like to disagree here..My understanding is that Quran has been revealed for recitation and to gain knowledge from it..So, I dont believe in hanging Aytul Qursi in my house hoping that it will protect me from Shoitani Jaadu or writing few verses from Quran and wear them in the form of a Tabiz. I have a Quran in my house and it will not protect me from anything unless I gain knowledge from it and make Du'a asking for protection and mercy from Allah..
Old May 7, 2012, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:

haha!! I, on other hand, had a hard time explaining to my mom the futileness of these + going to mazar ziyarats, going to shahjalal dargah's imam shaheb for some ''dua pori fuu dewa'' etc, when I was young. Even though my dad is quite practical about these things, even he used to telle me to shut up.

Then two years ago during my only visit to BD since I had moved to the UK, I had a hard time explaining to my aunt and elder cousin sister that believing/disbelieving in baba ShahJalal's ''uronto madur'' journey has nothing to do with Islam. They were furious, and were citing me Mashik Modina's imams' articles to be in support of their belief.

Later that day, my dad was explaining to me why he refrains from getting involved in these things, because he knows no matter what he says, nothing is not gonna change the belief of the people about stuff they've been believing all their lives. Though I didn't agree with him about not getting involved, he did have a point.

Good thing: my mom has now started to realise the truth and slowly getting away from these things.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang
About the stones i feel have a scientific reasoning. Though i am not sure. Some say that each specific stones when gets heated up (or warms) by the surface of our body or through sunlight emits photons of energy having different wavelength. These energies with shorter but unique wavelength enters our body and interacts with the neurons and cells. As we know everything is in a motion. So these energies creates positive vibrations or constructive waves. That helps our body to function well, get rid of physical or mental stress and so on.
Now that's interesting, requesting more BC scientists to put their grey cells across this one.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

About Black Magic...when we used to live in Mirpur...there was a pretty famous guy(not naming him) in our neighbourhood......he was famous(infamous) for his black magic works and also that he was pretty good at it....heard a lot of stories...not only from the buas but also the neighbours...everyone especially the women were so scared that they never used to allow the kids to walk past the building he used to stay....ohh the house was quite "famous"
Old May 7, 2012, 12:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
JazakAllah khairan Roman bhai for your post,
I am unaware of the fact that Rasulullah(SalAllahu A"laihe wasallam) used to wear akik. I believe in black magic too and there is indeed a cure for it(Qur'an recitation...in particular: surah bakarah + surah ali imran + surah nas + surah falaq + ayatul kursi)!
I do not know but I can ask my shiekh who is studying at UCONN(he is an imam in a masjid in Makkah) for furthur verification.

some people confuse magic and black magic. magic like something trick but not real. but black magic is powerful like real.

Also tabij, sometime you believe sometime you do not believe, like traffic light sometime red and green sometime. but many people saw tabij power.
it is same like when you study you read and write for memory. so you read surah and alswo write and put it in like a tablet, so some people get double help.

also you like say something arabic powerful and drink water in glass or maybe jom jom water will cure lots of disease modern mdeical can not cure.
So many things.

Sometime tabij and ring together help cut black magic. also if you read a sura like opposite maybe one way to create black magic but not 100% sure.

Some people get caught in black magic and they go to powerful pir fokir they get cure. but i also read its is not good because evil vs evil is bad like you kill evil vs good.
like you play video game you take good hero to kill bad but not bad..

to help this is one solution i find in internet http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/11290.
many times you can send quesstion here also

Among the treatments prescribed in sharee’ah is the treatment of sihr with recitation of the Qur’aan.

so if you open your mind and pray maybe you do not need tabij, but sometime your eye is like not 100% because less iman so maybe you wear like stone and put tabij so you stay in straight line path but if you already in right direction you do not need it
Old May 7, 2012, 12:58 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
haha!! I, on other hand,....
Then two years ago during my only visit to BD since I had moved to the UK, I had a hard time explaining to my aunt and elder cousin sister that believing/disbelieving in baba ShahJalal's ''uronto madur'' journey has nothing to do with Islam.
really you do not know.maybe it is real but it look fake like shab e miraj seem fake to sme people who do not know. its not 100% but ONE big SECRET but no one talks is....
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
you think its coincident???? not really airport to plane from flying carpet you see the name and you tell me..

they are like o i do not believe that pir fokir has power but they still afraid to go. and Shah jalal is also famous so many people already know his power.
maybe you also do not know how he fight in war like crumble king building with ajan.

also you do not see it because it was long time ago and u think its not real but story..hahahaa. same people say like i do not beleive profet sallallah power like he made moon like 2 pieces, but when people like go there they see like crack but it is secret so you can not proof.
Old May 7, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
I would like to disagree here..My understanding is that Quran has been revealed for recitation and to gain knowledge from it..So, I dont believe in hanging Aytul Qursi in my house hoping that it will protect me from Shoitani Jaadu or writing few verses from Quran and wear them in the form of a Tabiz. I have a Quran in my house and it will not protect me from anything unless I gain knowledge from it and make Du'a asking for protection and mercy from Allah..
Perfectly said. Read, Understand and Follow.....a Quran cannot protect you from anything, Only Allah can.
Old May 7, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09hotmail
really you do not know.maybe it is real but it look fake like shab e miraj seem fake to sme people who do not know. its not 100% but ONE big SECRET but no one talks is....
you think its coincident???? not really airport to plane from flying carpet you see the name and you tell me..

they are like o i do not believe that pir fokir has power but they still afraid to go. and Shah jalal is also famous so many people already know his power.
maybe you also do not know how he fight in war like crumble king building with ajan.

also you do not see it because it was long time ago and u think its not real but story..hahahaa. same people say like i do not beleive profet sallallah power like he made moon like 2 pieces, but when people like go there they see like crack but it is secret so you can not proof.
Vai, apnar post ami thik bujhte parlam na. Eta amar okkhomota. Please jodi amake ektu bujhiye bolen I would really appreciate:-)
Old May 7, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09hotmail

Allah can give whoever whatever power he wills to, I do believe in that. But if I don't have strong evidence, I don't believe that someone has actually received such powers. I don't reject it obviously, as I wouldn't have evidence for that either in most cases, but I don't accept it. I say, Allah maloom.

And lol.. I hadn't realised before you said that the saint Shahjalal's story of uronto madur and the airport being named after him can be related like that. That's amusing!
Old May 7, 2012, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Good on ya bro, mashaAllah. Even though I do in my house have a few Arabic verses hanging on the walls, but that's only coz the calligraphy looks beautiful, no other reason.
Old May 7, 2012, 02:51 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Vai, apnar post ami thik bujhte parlam na. Eta amar okkhomota. Please jodi amake ektu bujhiye bolen I would really appreciate:-)
please tell me kon part ta bujhen nai ? If you tell me ami clear likbo.

my point is I said like people they only want proof. Like you don't see hazrat Shahjalal flying carpet so you want proof again. But not everything in the world is proof because some poeple are very powerful because allah can give you power money anytime all the time if he wants and take it away in one second or also half second.

Also the airport in dhaka is Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport like you know plane fly, its also like flying carpet of like old day when there was no science to especial way people fly in a carpet like alaudin magic carpet you know. Also if you read like Shab Meraj story of Profet Sallallalah, not like people believe its fake, but same thing maybe space ship or time machine like who knows but no proof but it is belief real damn right.