facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2012, 07:05 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Dhoni < Curator.

Old December 8, 2012, 07:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

[KHONTA]Eyakhon dekhi nijeder desheo jitte parena. Shommanjonok porajoyer dingulo ki phire ashte jachchhe abar?[/KHONTA]
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 8, 2012, 07:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Innings defeat avoided thanks to ashwin. Poor performance for the team that loaded with batsmen we dream to have in our team or many teams
Old December 8, 2012, 07:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

lol India were dreaming of a 4-0 revenge prior lol to the series now look set to be behind 2-1. They have always been an ordinary team even after playing for 100 years. A country of a billion with all that resources and still getting owned by those English boys which Cricket isn't even their most popular sport says something
Old December 8, 2012, 07:25 AM
Banned

Its obvious though that India will become considerably weaker once the likes of Sachin, Khan, Sehweg etc leave just like Laxman, Dravid etc. Won't be surprised if one-day Bangladesh can give them a serious game on a regular bases.
Old December 8, 2012, 07:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Does anyone have any idea of how many match-winning type knocks SRT has played vs the number of times he's choked in clutch situations? Off the top of my head I would guess he has at least a 10:1 choke to clutch ratio

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 8, 2012, 08:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

poor india ....... fav for a home series defeat now
Old December 8, 2012, 08:38 AM
Cricket Savant

is it time for India to invite BD ??? they seem to loose against all others....
Old December 8, 2012, 12:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Can anyone explain to me why Ricky Ponting (ten times the winner Sehwag/ Indian players will ever be) never made comments like Bangladesh are ordinary and compare other opponents in order to belittle Bangladesh but Indian players feel the need to do so? England will destroy these flat track bullies 3-1
Old December 8, 2012, 01:28 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ashwin have test avg of 43
Old December 8, 2012, 02:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
Can anyone explain to me why Ricky Ponting (ten times the winner Sehwag/ Indian players will ever be) never made comments like Bangladesh are ordinary and compare other opponents in order to belittle Bangladesh but Indian players feel the need to do so? England will destroy these flat track bullies 3-1
I believe Ricky Ponting did make such comments during our tour of Australia around 2004-2005. We ended up beating them in an ODI during that series.
Old December 8, 2012, 03:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
I believe Ricky Ponting did make such comments during our tour of Australia around 2004-2005. We ended up beating them in an ODI during that series.
I don't remember anything of that sorts. In fact before 2011 wc he actually said BD is a strong team and can beat any team on their day. And besides in 2004 we were near the level of Namibia/ Netherlands etc. Indians (specially sehwag) go out of their way to comment about Bangladesh even when we are not involved. Recently he said England is not Bangladesh so they have to work hard to take twenty wickets.
Old December 8, 2012, 03:47 PM
Banned

Who cares what that bold man Sehweg says talk is cheap I dare him to say it in front of us Bangladeshi's which he still hasn't done yet then he will start to have some points. He knows that once he and his buddy Sachin, Khan etc leave then the Indian team will become a lot weaker and because of that, will struggle to compete with Bangladesh. He's trying to play mind games but it won't work. As for this current test match, a big lol they're playing worse than us in Test Cricket at the moment. I'm surprised though that Ashwin averages higher than any of our batsman, shows how much we're lacking at the highest level but we will improve on that considering we have a test series with weaklings Zimbabwe next year.
Old December 8, 2012, 04:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I must say, well done to England. After a horrible 1st match, they've bounced back and smashed this Indian side quite easily. Congrats to them. They've been the more deserving team compared to the whining Indians.
Old December 8, 2012, 07:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

After being whitewash overseas 8-0 Indians cried how they will beat others at home and asked for turning pitch.. then got thrashed on turning pitch and all their bravehearts (dhoni, kohli) who blamed so called greentops for their failure failed to score on turners and flat tracks as well. It's not the pitches, India are just too arrogant to accept that they are just a mediocre test team.
Old December 8, 2012, 08:39 PM
Banned

lol panel are labelling Ashwin as a 'proper' and 'genuine' all-rounder. He will be if he performs as an all-rounder in ODIs and T20s. A real all-rounder does well in all formats and very few can do that today.
Old December 8, 2012, 11:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Come on England! Should have won that match by 10 wickets!
Old December 8, 2012, 11:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
After being whitewash overseas 8-0 Indians cried how they will beat others at home and asked for turning pitch.. then got thrashed on turning pitch and all their bravehearts (dhoni, kohli) who blamed so called greentops for their failure failed to score on turners and flat tracks as well. It's not the pitches, India are just too arrogant to accept that they are just a mediocre test team.
That's where the problem lies. As long as they carry on with this attitude, they'll continue to suck until thy start taking a look at themselves and realizing what the problem. I think it's time they drop some of the senior players to shake them up and not take places for granted.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:06 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Were they trying to beat some sort Bangladesh record at the same time too?

Nonetheless, congrats. Win the next one and take the damn series! Burry BCCI.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:26 AM
Cricket Savant

now when did india last lost a series at home ???

it shows how important dravid and laxman were.

india should stop IPL and grow some real cricketers. the IPL has ruined the indian cricket to be honest. they are producing some decent t20 cricketers but not the real good cricketers anymore. stop IPL and save cricket
Old December 9, 2012, 12:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
lol India were dreaming of a 4-0 revenge prior lol to the series now look set to be behind 2-1. They have always been an ordinary team even after playing for 100 years. A country of a billion with all that resources and still getting owned by those English boys which Cricket isn't even their most popular sport says something
If indian has always been ordinary, then I guess we can call Bangladesh crap. Indian team is not playing well ATM but it doesn't mean we were always ordinary. India is the only team in world cricket which has won a world cup, t20 champoinship and achieved number 1 test ranking in Tests since ranking system started.. Name me another team and I would say India were always ordinary.

And playing cricket for 100 years?? Weren't Bdesh part of India and Pakistan At that time?? So Bdesh is also playing cricket for 100 years. More shame for your country. That you still are considered minnows.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
now when did india last lost a series at home ???

it shows how important dravid and laxman were.

india should stop IPL and grow some real cricketers. the IPL has ruined the indian cricket to be honest. they are producing some decent t20 cricketers but not the real good cricketers anymore. stop IPL and save cricket
We are not even producing decent T20 players. Its not about IPL. Its the attitude of the team where they think there is not a problem. This team needs changes. Deserving players are not being given opportunities at the right time.
Old December 9, 2012, 12:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Good to see you back World Champs. What's your take on the series so far? What were your expectations of this team and do you agree that you guys made the right team selection?
Old December 9, 2012, 01:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Champs
We are not even producing decent T20 players. Its not about IPL. Its the attitude of the team where they think there is not a problem. This team needs changes. Deserving players are not being given opportunities at the right time.
Commiserations on your loss, bro. I've never been an India fan but have always admired many of your players, and have and will always support your team against Pakistan. I like to see the high and mighty fall especially when that height and might is generated more by the commercial marketplace than actual performance in a variety of transcontinental conditions. Something about rooting for the underdog rather than envy, I suppose. The point is, I'm not an India hater by any stretch of the imagination.

India is a good side abroad and nothing less than formidable at home. So this test series has been a major surprise for me. I have a few questions:

1. Do you think the high degree of commercial hype is creating complacency and delusions of grandeur amongst many of your National players?

2. If deserving players are not being given opportunities as you've posted, what would you suggest as the better, more reasonable and transparent way of making sure that they will be?

3. Who are some of these players you're talking about and why do you think they can be successful and then sustain success in International Cricket?

Looking forward to your kind response. Thank you
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; December 9, 2012 at 03:38 AM..
Old December 9, 2012, 03:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Champs
If indian has always been ordinary, then I guess we can call Bangladesh crap. Indian team is not playing well ATM but it doesn't mean we were always ordinary. India is the only team in world cricket which has won a world cup, t20 champoinship and achieved number 1 test ranking in Tests since ranking system started.. Name me another team and I would say India were always ordinary.

And playing cricket for 100 years?? Weren't Bdesh part of India and Pakistan At that time?? So Bdesh is also playing cricket for 100 years. More shame for your country. That you still are considered minnows.
Bdesh was not really a part of India and Pakistan in anything apart from a political sense. Bangladesh has always been a bit culturally aloof, and although cricket has been played in Bangladesh just as long as it has in India and Pakistan...it has only really been played since the mid 90s. Unlike and India and Pakistan where cricket have been popular for nearly a century, in Bangladesh its only been 15 years or so.

I wouldn't say Bangladesh are minnows...if SL and India aren't considered minnows and they've been strong and home and poor abroad for decades, Bangladesh is almost there!

#OneTeam1Dream