facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 11, 2012, 10:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEz
i feel sorry for our boys!!!! like really! this is probably the first coach thats gonna scream at the mand whoop them.....im pretty sure we gonna see ashraful crying in the future.
In that case Im happy

Old May 11, 2012, 11:36 PM
Cricket Legend

A tough-guy approach sounds fairly appropriate for our sissy team.

Hope this guy is as brutal as you're all making him out to be.
Old May 12, 2012, 01:28 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Exactly. And if any of the players complains that he's working them too hard, then *whip* his sorry buttocks until he grows a pair, or boot his sorry buttocks out of the team. We're #9, not # freakin' 1 and getting there will require crazy amounts of hard work.
Problem is... it's not beyond the senior players to run complaining to the President if it's too tough a regime. Then if the Pres overrules then we have a 'situation'. So this isn't about the coach being strict. It's whether or not the board actually back his methods.

This will be an interesting appointment if it happens

It does seem odd to announce "All aboard the Pybus" is favourite in public, when the other candidates haven't even been interviewed. Logically, he would be favourite if the's the only one who's been interviewed.
Old May 12, 2012, 01:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Problem is... it's not beyond the senior players to run complaining to the President if it's too tough a regime. Then the Pres will likely overrule and we have a 'situation'.

This will be an interesting appointment if it happens
Getting my ring side seat and popcorn ready. Let the games begin.
Old May 12, 2012, 01:35 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Guys like Shakib, Mash, Rahim probably even Nasir won't have any trouble dealing with the "toughness." Guys like Razzak, Siddique, Imrul will. Tamim is most likely to be the one to complain to his chacchu. "Coach told me to lose our family symbol, the belly!"

That's right, I worked on the yearbook committee in high school. Don't question me.
Old May 12, 2012, 01:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Damnright

You are remembering it correctly. I guess, be careful whatcha wish for huh?

Law made a very iffy first impression. I was happy to have waited and see what he did out there in the middle. Not everyone makes a good first impression, but he left with a good one. Pybus made a great first impression, and hopefully it's not a reverse-Law-effect.

And looking at his preparation, I hope he won't take as long as Law to settle in. I'm tired of seeing premature polls "this and this must go"
Dear Mr. Dilscoop,

A strong positive first impression goes a long way. It covers and makes-up for whatever shortcoming(s) an international coach will inevitably show.

However a weak first impression will overshadow the best of what happens afterwards.

Law was a clever guy he seized the Asia Cup moment to leave with a good legacy and make himself more attractive to other employers. The 'family reasons' for quitting the job was just diplomacy from Law. Law was never the BD coach.
Old May 12, 2012, 01:48 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
Law was a clever guy he seized the Asia Cup moment to leave with a good legacy and make himself more attractive to other employers. The 'family reasons' for quitting the job was just diplomacy from Law. Law was never the BD coach.
Dear Mr. Shartaz,

There is no way you can prove any of that. You are basically saying he quit in worry of failures. I highly doubt any of the INT coaches are quitters. And for more attractive employers? As far as I know, he left an INT job for a job at home to coach at the age. If he was trying to fish for better employers, I'm sorry, but jokes on him. Again, you can't prove whether he was or wasn't the coach for BD.

Dilscooped.
Old May 12, 2012, 02:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop

There is no way you can prove any of that. You are basically saying he quit in worry of failures. I highly doubt any of the INT coaches are quitters. And for more attractive employers? As far as I know, he left an INT job for a job at home to coach at the age. If he was trying to fish for better employers.
I did not say he quit 'in a worry of failures' to come.

He got a job as the assistant coach at Australia's Center of Excellence in Brisbane. Now I don't know the types of Australians that you have met. But the ones I've meet would hands down live in Brisbane and work in the Australian cricket setup than in Bangladesh, any day of the week.

Yes you are correct that I cannot conclusively prove what I said. But I am sure that he had the consent of his family when he agreed to take the job. When you cite family reasons there is no rebuttal.

I rest my case.
Old May 12, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Getting my ring side seat and popcorn ready. Let the games begin.
I've never felt so excited about coaches/staffs as much as I'm right now. 12 hours ago when I logged into BC I knew nothing about this guy. All happened pretty fast. But reading through things got me very excited.

I was excited when couple of coaches were added to Syndrome's staff. I was more excited about them after the NZ series but I wasn't this excited right away.

I'm noob w/ coaches and staff and background guys But being an old and knowledgeable man that you are, tell me about it Z.
Old May 12, 2012, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Dear Mr. Dilscoop,

A strong positive first impression goes a long way. It covers and makes-up for whatever shortcoming(s) an international coach will inevitably show.

However a weak first impression will overshadow the best of what happens afterwards.

This is always an interesting point.

The facts are the team won just a single ODI and lost every series. Then they won 2 ODIs in the Asia Cup. It is widely felt that the BPL was the catalyst for those two wins.

But Stuart is a fine coach and he deserves to have those wins on his record during what was a tough time for him. I suspected he was never fully happy in Dhaka. Plus there were various reported incidents around the dressing room and with the upheaval of Shakib and Tamim losing their positions, team selection and interference. In the BPL itself, Sylhet Royals had a dreadful time, changing captain midway and having player issues. I think this would have been tough on Stuart.

Legacy is a difficult thing to quantify. Sometimes you get lucky and leave with a great record. Sometimes you don't. However, it is rarely controllable in such a short time at the helm. I would imagine that after difficult Sri Lanka and BD experiences, Stuart will be happy to go back to Australia to work locally in the academy and I imagine that decision was made well ahead of The Asia Cup.... the wins didn't help him to be "more attractive" therefore.
Old May 12, 2012, 02:27 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
I did not say he quit 'in a worry of failures' to come.

He got a job as the assistant coach at Australia's Center of Excellence in Brisbane. Now I don't know the types of Australians that you have met. But the ones I've meet would hands down live in Brisbane and work in the Australian cricket setup than in Bangladesh, any day of the week.

Yes you are correct that I cannot conclusively prove what I said. But I am sure that he had the consent of his family when he agreed to take the job. When you cite family reasons there is no rebuttal.

I rest my case.
So lets say, Bangladesh had failed in the Asia Cup. What would you say then? Would he still be "a clever guy, he seized the Asia Cup moment to leave with a good legacy." How can you just dismiss the "family reason?" Can't one have change in heart? What if he actually missed his family? Also, He was a Sri Lankan coach too, so you can't say he doesn't want to live in Bangladesh/Subcon condition.

I'm not a Law-fan, nor was I a hater, I wasn't ready to jump on a bandwagon yet. It was way too soon. But it seems to me you are in a wagon. LBW or JS? Both? You people are dangerous...
Old May 12, 2012, 02:30 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
This is always an interesting point.

The facts are the team won just a single ODI and lost every series. Then they won 2 ODIs in the Asia Cup. It is widely felt that the BPL was the catalyst for those two wins.

But Stuart is a fine coach and he deserves to have those wins on his record during what was a tough time for him. I suspected he was never fully happy in Dhaka. Plus there were various reported incidents around the dressing room and with the upheaval of Shakib and Tamim losing their positions, team selection and interference. In the BPL itself, Sylhet Royals had a dreadful time, changing captain midway and having player issues. I think this would have been tough on Stuart.

Legacy is a difficult thing to quantify. Sometimes you get lucky and leave with a great record. Sometimes you don't. However, it is rarely controllable in such a short time at the helm. I would imagine that after difficult Sri Lanka and BD experiences, Stuart will be happy to go back to Australia to work locally in the academy and I imagine that decision was made well ahead of The Asia Cup.... the wins didn't help him to be "more attractive" therefore.
Agreed. Well put, as always.
Old May 12, 2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
A tough-guy approach sounds fairly appropriate for our sissy team.

Hope this guy is as brutal as you're all making him out to be.
Sissy team?
I thought, we fans often act the same rather our team!

And I hope our new coach won't be as "brutal" as Dean Jones was for CTG ...
Old May 12, 2012, 05:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

To be honest, we shouldnt have a coach who lets the players do whatever they want or someone who really is brutal as DJones. We need a coach who is somewhere in between. Someone our players will enjoy training under
Old May 12, 2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
To be honest, we shouldnt have a coach who lets the players do whatever they want or someone who really is brutal as DJones. We need a coach who is somewhere in between. Someone our players will enjoy training under
Then Mick Newell is your standout candidate.
Old May 12, 2012, 07:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am sure within few months, RP would have run ins with media/selectors/board members/someone for sure. He is a loose canon and do not hold back his tongue and that is great concern of not having enough patience and "my way or the highway attitude". That is what I am worried about Dillu.

As long as performance over beauty contest wins on his book I am in for the time being. He is not staying here for long.
Old May 12, 2012, 07:12 AM
Administrator

We are about as dysfunctional a board as the PCB. At least under the Lotus regime. Pybus was fired by the PCB thrice. The redeeming part was that he was rehired thrice.
Old May 12, 2012, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

so question for you guys... Is Pybus more of a batting coach or bowling coach? I mean we all knew Siddons/Law was more of a batting coach... can anyone please answer this?
Old May 12, 2012, 06:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
so question for you guys... Is Pybus more of a batting coach or bowling coach? I mean we all knew Siddons/Law was more of a batting coach... can anyone please answer this?
Alrounder's coach. Ntini, De Villiers, Boucher. You need more?
Old May 12, 2012, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I don't know why but Newell seems more of a proper candidate for Bangladesh. Besides the fact that his got a strong resume, his connection with English county is very attractive to me. Few of our players may score some contracts with the EC teams which could result in individual improvement benefitting the national team. What say you?
Old May 13, 2012, 02:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I don't know why but Newell seems more of a proper candidate for Bangladesh. Besides the fact that his got a strong resume, his connection with English county is very attractive to me. Few of our players may score some contracts with the EC teams which could result in individual improvement benefitting the national team. What say you?
He did an awesome job in domestic cricket but he doesn't have any experience in international level. This is a negative point for him for considering as a coach for any country. My 2 cent.
Old May 13, 2012, 08:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I am sure within few months, RP would have run ins with media/selectors/board members/someone for sure. He is a loose canon and do not hold back his tongue and that is great concern of not having enough patience and "my way or the highway attitude". That is what I am worried about Dillu.

As long as performance over beauty contest wins on his book I am in for the time being. He is not staying here for long.
This is what i am worried about too! Cricket is a team sport just like any other sport.
I guess as long as he delivers results and he stays(or other people) stay out of trouble, i won't complain
Old May 13, 2012, 08:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

There is a difference between strong work ethic and attitude, you can be the friendliest guy in the world and still make you and your team work really hard. You don't have to be a jerk to make your players be the best that they can be and motivate them. They can still work hard and be inspired. Things don't necessarily have to be that way. all it takes is dedication.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:58 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
He did an awesome job in domestic cricket but he doesn't have any experience in international level. This is a negative point for him for considering as a coach for any country. My 2 cent.
in my view his hunger to do well in international level will benefit us more then his lack of experience
Old May 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Yeah I would prefer Newell over Bypass who would be more patient to teach the basics to our international players .. As quite a few times we have seen that our team is not doing their basics right !!