facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 13, 2020, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
You did not understand this company at all. So I don’t wish to continue.

At 12/13 times multiples: this company was cheap. It’s simple logic if you understood what you are talking about. 25 times multiples currently: its expensive.

I don’t need your silly analysis where you don’t even know how to look for value.

The guy who wants to buy 1 or 2 stock to make it big spends time researching stocks in a sector that is showing decreasing demand for sugary drinks, govt regulations to restrict sugary content and by volume is projected to grow 0.9% annually in terms of volume consumption.

You are absolutely right, I do not see value in the sector. I think one of the crucial aspect of "value investing" is understanding the underlying reason why a stock is down in the first place and can those reasons be easily rectified. Otherwise that multiple will rise pretty fast with decreasing sales.

It's a good thing we don't agree on most things. It only means one of us is making money. And it's not you.

*repasting - this site is terrible, so buggy.

Old October 13, 2020, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
what's your annualised return over 10 years? be honest.
What do you think? Do you think I am losing money or underperforming the market by a lot over the years?

It's not so simple to give you a number. I have multiple different accounts on multiple different platforms. Every single platform have different user experience and not all provide similar kind of data. I have money going out every pay check to various accounts. For example let's say I buy into a mutual fund that gained 15% over one year but my gain wouldn't be 15% - it could be less or more depending what the fund was priced when my paycheck got distributed.

Then another scenario - if you have 5K in an account but you invested only 2K in apple share. The share appreciated 2x and now ur apples share is worth 6k and u have a cash of 3k still. Is your return 200% on that account or 80%??. Potentially any cash you have in a bank is also investable - would u count that?

It's much easier to calculate when you simply do a lum sum investing and then that's it.

anyways i will give u details on my Roth account because it wasn't automated, i did active trading there as there are no tax consequences.

I started with 17K in that account less than 2 years ago.. some months into 2019. In 2020 there was another 6k contribution (it will become clear why i am mentnioning the timing). The account currently has 41K but here is the kicker.. I always had some amount held in cash north of 5K in that account...(currently it is the lowest i have at 1.3k).

So i will ask what is my annualized return on that account in less than 2 years?

If i calcuate (35 - 17)/17 = 105% total
or (41-23)/23 = 78% <-- this wouldn't be really accurate over 2 years because the 6 k was there only since jan 2020 - which is less than a year and importantly not even invested.

And here is the thing.. it was not one stock one stock in that account. I had in total traded approximately about 12 stocks there. In fact my return would have been more higher had i not traded as much. S&P is no where near my return in that time period.

Now that u got some info - how does this really help you?
Old October 13, 2020, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

I am gonna sell my bitcoin position if it reaches 12k again.. and then try to buy it again if it falls below 10..
Old October 13, 2020, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

You ask one question: you get a complete opposite answer.

It clearly said 10 years annualised return.

But let me be smart and just give the last 2 years (where the stock market has been booming for everyone: even retail investors)

Imagine a retail investor comes along and says my annualised return for last 2 years have been over 100%.
Old October 13, 2020, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You ask one question: you get a complete opposite answer.

But let me be smart and just give the last 2 years (where the stock market has been booming for everyone: even retail investors)

Imagine a retail investor comes along and says my annualised return for last 2 years have been over 100%.
This is where you have a comprehension problem. I have multiple accounts that it would take an accountant days to figure out exact rate of return. And I explained to you why an anualized rate of return is not a simple thing to calculate with examples i laid out to you. But I can assure you they aren't below market returns because majority of them area in market index.

I really don't know what your point is? The sp500 over that same period (2 years) yielding 32% (probalby less as i think my first purcahse was in march or something). That same period also included a covid 19 market crash. Despite all that I doubled the invested money.

I didn't have roth 10 years ago. I started with 17K..in one year i poured two years of contribution and i had another year of contribution there lying around in cash... 5.5 (contributed in 2018)+ 5.5+6 (both contributed in 2019) and then i started purchasing stocks.

U are just silly. I hope it's clear now. Why is it so hard for u to believe that I am making money in market. LOL. Or u think i am like u who just likes posting, sometimes live as I trade? and ppl can't go back and look the performance?
Old October 13, 2020, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Anyone who is able to double their money year over year even for 2 years need to be appreciated. What would be wrong with a retail investor coming and saying he had 100% return year over year for 2 years??

Your hindsight dismissiveness about other ppl's rate of return over market returns show that you really don't have any experience. Can you get a 100% return in next two years? No rules. You can buy one or 100 stocks . You can do margin. you can do options. wahtever u like. I would like to see u get that return. I will be the first one to applaud you if you can achieve that. And i will tell you that you are not gonna achieve that with your value investment in your sugary soda company.

I will give you another account info for you to calculate my rate of return. this account had around 30K contributed over the span of 2008 to 2012 and nothing afterward. It is currently valued at 158K. This account also went through the 2008 crash.. After losing 90% of that portfolio at the onset, I still poured money in.
Old October 13, 2020, 09:43 PM
Cricket Legend

^I still hold my citibank stocks from that 2008 crash. that was brutal. I rode citibank stock from my purchase price of 23 dollars all the way to 1 dollars in matter of months. I will never forget the pain that crash inflicted in me.
Old October 14, 2020, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Anyone who is able to double their money year over year even for 2 years need to be appreciated. What would be wrong with a retail investor coming and saying he had 100% return year over year for 2 years??

Your hindsight dismissiveness about other ppl's rate of return over market returns show that you really don't have any experience. Can you get a 100% return in next two years? No rules. You can buy one or 100 stocks . You can do margin. you can do options. wahtever u like. I would like to see u get that return. I will be the first one to applaud you if you can achieve that. And i will tell you that you are not gonna achieve that with your value investment in your sugary soda company.

I will give you another account info for you to calculate my rate of return. this account had around 30K contributed over the span of 2008 to 2012 and nothing afterward. It is currently valued at 158K. This account also went through the 2008 crash.. After losing 90% of that portfolio at the onset, I still poured money in.
That’s not a bad return.

2008-2020 = 13.6% return in the same period S&P 11%.

Those numbers sound legit.

Share us some of your experience.
What are those that went wrong and why: so people like me can avoid.
Old October 20, 2020, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I am gonna sell my bitcoin position if it reaches 12k again.. and then try to buy it again if it falls below 10..
well it didn't take that long to reach 12K. hmmm
in other news, SNAP crushing.