facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Select Your Next Bangladesh Manager/Coach:
Mark John Greatbatch 2 2.04%
Philip Verant Simmons 8 8.16%
Sourav Chandidas Ganguly 35 35.71%
Brian Charles Lara 11 11.22%
None/Other 42 42.86%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 19, 2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Default Next Bangladesh Manager/Coach (2011) Vote Now!!!

Potential Bangladesh Coach Candidate:

Mark John Greatbatch: Born: December 11, 1963, Auckland: Batting average Test: (30.62)/ ODI: (28.28) Major teams: New Zealand, Auckland, Central District

Philip Verant Simmons: Born: April 18, 1963, Arima, Trinidad: Batting average Test: (22.26)/ ODI: (28.93) Major teams: West Indies, Border, Durham, Easterns, Leicestershire, Trinidad & Tobago, Wales Minor Counties

Sourav Chandidas Ganguly Born: July 8, 1972, Kolkata, Bengal: Batting average Test: (42.17)/ ODI (41.02) Major teams: India, Asia XI, Bengal, East Zone, Glamorgan, India Under-19s, Kolkata Knight Riders, Lancashire, Marylebone Cricket Club, Northamptonshire

Brian Charles Lara, Born: May 2, 1969, Cantaro, Santa Cruz, Trinidad: Batting average Test: (52.88)/ ODI: (40.48)
Major teams: West Indies, ICC World XI, Marylebone Cricket Club, Mumbai Champs, Northern Transvaal, Southern Rocks, Trinidad & Tobago, Warwickshire

1) What do you think of My personal candidates of The Next Bangladesh Manager (Coach)?
2) Who would you have included or removed from the List above and why?

Old March 19, 2011, 02:14 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tiqbal

i know its not going to happen, DAV WHATMORE
Old March 19, 2011, 06:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

jafarullah sharafat-they need to learn to play the "backsmash" and hit the ball "into the corner" and hit "mati kamrano" sixes that go "shimanar baire"
Old March 19, 2011, 06:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I don't think Simmons would give up his comfy little gig with the Irish. For one Irish cricket is a lot more professional and Ireland is a much better place to live, for someone like simmons.

As for ganguly, I think he won't stand to gain financially by being our coach. Plus he has a lot going on outside of cricket. Just look into his family background. They are a very prominent and wealthy kolkata family.

My choice would be someone from Sri Lanka. As we are, in many ways comprable to a pre-1996 Sri Lanka.
Old March 19, 2011, 06:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

on a more serious note they should go for someone from Srilanka or india. But ideally Imran Khan wouldn't be bad for our cornered tigers-I think they need a mental and verbal lashing more than anything
Old March 19, 2011, 06:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

no more foreign coach...sorry
Old March 19, 2011, 07:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

Ganguly was a great player indeed, but his he a successful coach? I will look for someone in SA. Look how Kristen has chnaged the mindset of India.
Old March 19, 2011, 07:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Voted None/Other

After seeing how poor NZ batting side has become, don't see anything to feel enthusiastic about Greatbatch.

Don't think Simmons has much to do with how the Irish team improved, the players developed mainly because of their involved with different English counties (they generally have very little time to train under Simmons).

Lara or Ganguly does not have much of an experience as a coach, they can be at best hired as batting consultants.

As I said in other threads, I want Fountain to take over the team.
Old March 19, 2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar umpire
on a more serious note they should go for someone from Srilanka or india. But ideally Imran Khan wouldn't be bad for our cornered tigers-I think they need a mental and verbal lashing more than anything
Salaam- I am a Pakistani (am new here)

Imran khan will not coach Bangladesh. If you are not aware Imran is head of the biggest cancer hospital in Asia and is very busy with that. Imran khan also has a political party which is gaining support in Pakistan rapidly and many believes that he will be in power in around 5 years. Basically, Imrans life is politics now and he is trying to bring a revolution in Pakistan. Imran Khan was offered to be head of PCB on several occasions but he rightly refused.

In my opinion, a person like Wasim Akram would be a great coach for Bangladesh because he has coaching experience and he's a genius. But am not sure if hes into full time coaching. Akram is also a winner and a team like Bangladesh needs someone like him for motivational purposes.
Old March 19, 2011, 09:32 PM
Street Cricketer

Bangladesh must choose someone with coaching experience...not someone with great career!! Don't make Bangladesh cricket a 'guinea pig' for someone new.
Old March 20, 2011, 07:47 AM
Banned

Guys... Brian Lara Has experience of Being a Coach, According to this source:
http://www.criclounge.com/news/.../B...ting-coach-of- Zimbabwe.html - India -
He was/Is The batting Coach Of Zimbabwe. And we have to agree that Zimbabwe Battling Lineup is more reliable than us.
Old March 20, 2011, 07:57 AM
Banned

The Fact I like Ganguly being the coach of Bangladesh is becuase of His leadership Skills, This guy is a great leader...And He will Utilise Imrul Kayes More as he is a defensive player also. And he will always speak up, this is great, he will defenitately have a go at the players if they make mistakes. This guy will teach the top order how to play the game and how to be defensive and play untill the 35th or 40th over. this is what we need.
Old March 20, 2011, 08:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib 420
The Fact I like Ganguly being the coach of Bangladesh is becuase of His leadership Skills, This guy is a great leader...And He will Utilise Imrul Kayes More as he is a defensive player also. And he will always speak up, this is great, he will defenitately have a go at the players if they make mistakes. This guy will teach the top order how to play the game and how to be defensive and play untill the 35th or 40th over. this is what we need.
u sure?
Old March 20, 2011, 08:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

How about Momtaj...she can produce some agun er gola for sure
Old March 20, 2011, 08:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
u sure?
Am i wrong to say he is a defensive player?
If i am please correct me.
Old March 20, 2011, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

basically we need someone je amader playerder dourer upor rakte parbe
Old March 20, 2011, 10:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

are these potential candidates ur choice or are they based on some source? voted other. i say we get someone who has experience with the sri lankan team. for the same reasons described before.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old March 20, 2011, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avik-e-mam
are these potential candidates ur choice or are they based on some source? voted other. i say we get someone who has experience with the sri lankan team. for the same reasons described before.
Personal selection but done research and they seem to be the likely candidates.
Old March 20, 2011, 12:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Bulbul or Nannu.
Old March 20, 2011, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananna
Bulbul or Nannu.
Yes, They can be the Coach of Bangladesh A team but Not The national Team.

Reasons:
They will Favour Some Players and Disfavour Other Players.
Bulbul or Nannu Will always stick with Ashraful even in His downfall.
They will favour those that are near them and those that will benefit them financially.

But foreign Manager/ Coach Advantage:
Every player will be given chance due to his performance....
No relationship will come into factor.
There will be less baised with players like Ashraful...
and more
Old March 20, 2011, 01:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

None on the list.
I'd want to have Steve Waugh as the Head Coach of Bangladesh.
Ian Pont, Julien Fountain and the rest of the coaching staff can stay.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 20, 2011, 01:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

I dont think Ganguly will be interested to be coach of Bangladesh South african coach will be useful . Brian lara can be batting coach but not head coach Maybe we can ask Ian pont to be head coach and Brian lara can work as a batting coach .
Old March 20, 2011, 06:47 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ganguly, Lance Klusener

Ganguly has been open to taking a coaching position with Bangladesh in the past. He was also shunned by the IPL recently, so that won't be a distraction.

Barring a few failures (with the match against India being the chief one), Bangladesh's bowling was its strong point. It seems like the BCB might continue with Ian Pont, so the bowling department isn't the biggest concern. The batting order desperately needs help after being bundled out for two sub-100 totals. Ganguly could help in that regard, whether as a batting consultant or the team coach.

Quote:
"I keenly follow Bangladesh cricket and watched all the matches against New Zealand. The 4-0 scoreline was amazing. I think their performance has significantly improved in the last one year. There are young players like Shakib [Al Hasan] and Tamim [Iqbal] who are showing their characters," he added.

"The good sign is that the players are performing but there are still a lot of areas they must improve on. I believe they will become a much better side soon if they continue their improvement. The improvement in the longer-version might not be satisfactory but you can't expect everything overnight," he said.

"I never got any concrete offer from Bangladesh about a coaching job. I think the team is doing well under Jamie [Siddons], so there is no need to involve more people. But I'm always interested in Bangladesh cricket," said Ganguly.

He however suggested that Bangladesh must go for long-term planning. "World Cup is important but they must think beyond the mega event. The important thing is that they must perform abroad. It's nice to watch Tamim hitting a hundred at Lord's. Some other players also performed in different conditions," he observed.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=162172
Old March 21, 2011, 08:11 AM
Banned

Above article shows some light of Ganguly the Next Bangladesh Manager/Coach!!!
Old March 21, 2011, 08:16 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib 420
+1. and plus the language is same easy for the players to understand and get it.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)