facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 23, 2008, 08:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell
Default 2008 NHL Entry Drafts-1st round only!

The 2008 NHL entry draft has been concluded in Ottawa. As expected, with their first overall draft pick Tampa Lightenings selected Steven Stampkos. He's a speedy, skilled centre with great defensive awareness who has drawn comparision to the great Steve Yzerman. His puck handling skills are just as great as Spezza and his skills were featured on TSN last season where he showed the kinds of goals we could expect in the NHL's "free style, marked shootout" event. None of the NHL player matched what he was able to do. This guy will be a stud and in Tampa he has a great mentor in V. Lecavalier to lead him through the grinds of a NHL season. Tampa's d is still shakey and the goaltending is still a big concern although the trade with Dallas brought them a decent goalie. At #5, leafs drafted Luke Schenn aka the human eraser. A great stay at home d, smart player, who is NHL ready right now and leafs could use him, IMO. Canucks selected Hodgson, a diminitive offensive centre from the Brampton Batallion who captained the canadian under 18. He has huge upsights and could possibly replace the Sedins if he reaches his full potential. Senators selected the Sweedish Erik Karlsson, who is very light and is probably going to fill in a checking role if he makes the team. It seems unlikely because Sens recently signed Kris Kelly to a long term deal. Flames traded their #17 pick in a 3 way deal acquire Mike Cammalleri, sent Alex Tanguay to the habs in exchange for their #25th pick. Oilers drafted Eberle from the Regina Pats who is a pure goal scorer. He will be a good addition to the oilers' pp if he makes the cut. As I mentioned earlier my beloved habs traded for Tanguay meaning we're finally looking to be a contender again. Detroit picked a goalie with their draft pick, that part is not surprising, but who they picked is. Their choice of McCollum is surprising because his stats are seen by some a product of good team defense. What works in his favour is his maturity and calm demenour however, he's not the most athletic goalie they could have gotten and his stick handling is average. If they were to pick a goalie, they could have went with Chet Pickard or Peter Delmas. But then again, wings have great scouts and often manage to find what evades others. We'll have to wait and see how he turns out.

1. Tampa Bay Lightning - Steven Stamkos, center
(Sarnia, OHL)
2. Los Angeles Kings - Drew Doughty, defenseman
(Guelph, OHL)
3. Atlanta Thrashers - Zach Bogosian, defenseman
(Peterborough, OHL)
4. St. Louis Blues - Alex Pietrangelo, defenseman
(Niagara, OHL)
5. Toronto Maple Leafs (from NY Islanders) - Luke Schenn, defenseman
(Kelowna, WHL)
6. Columbus Blue Jackets - Nikita Filatov, left wing
(Moscow CSKA, Russia Div. 2)
7. Nashville Predators (from NY Islanders/Toronto) - Colin Wilson, center
(Boston Univ, NCAA)
8. Phoenix Coyotes - Mikkel Boedker, left wing
(Kitchener, OHL)
9. New York Islanders (from Nashville/Florida) - Joshua Bailey, center
(Windsor, OHL)
10. Vancouver Canucks - Cody Hodgson, center
(Brampton, OHL)
11. Chicago Blackhawks - Kyle Beach, center
(Everett, WHL)
12. Buffalo Sabres (from Los Angeles/Anaheim/Edmonton) - Tyler Myers, defenseman
(Kelowna, WHL)
13. Los Angeles Kings (from Buffalo) - Colten Teubert, defenseman
(Regina, WHL)
14. Carolina Hurricanes - Zach Boychuk, center
(Lethbridge, WHL)
15. Ottawa Senators (from Nashville) - Erik Karlsson, defenseman
(Frolunda, Sweden Jnr)
16. Boston Bruins - Joe Colborne, left wing
(Camrose, Alberta Jnr)
17. Anaheim Ducks (from Calgary) - Jake Gardiner, defenseman
(Minnetonka, U.S. high school)
18. Nashville Predators (from Ottawa) - Chet Pickard, goaltender
(Tri City, WHL)
19. Philadelphia Flyers (from Columbus/Colorado) - Luca Sbisa, defenseman
(Lethbridge, WHL)
20. NY Rangers - Michael del Zotto, defenseman
(Oshawa, OHL)
21. Washington Capitals (from New Jersey) - Anton Gustafsson, center
(Frolunda, Swe Jr)
22. Edmonton Oilers (from Anaheim) - Jordan Eberle
(Regina, WHL)
23. Minnesota Wild (from New Jersey/Washington) - Tyler Cuma, defenseman
(Ottawa, OHL)
24. New Jersey Devils (from Minnesota) - Mattias Tedenby, left wing
(HV-71, Sweden Jnr)
25. Calgary Flames (from Montreal) - Greg Nemisz, center
(Windsor, OHL)
26. Buffalo (from San Jose) - Tyler Ennis, center
(Medecine Hat, WHL)
27: Washington Capitals (from Philadelphia) - John Carlson, defenseman
(Indiana, USHL)
28: Phoenix Coyotes (from Anaheim) - Viktor Tokhonov, right wing
(Severstal, Russia Superliga)
29. Atlanta Thrashers (from Pittsburgh) - Daulton Leveille, center
(St. Catharines, Ontario Jnr B) 30. Detroit Red Wings - Thomas McCollum, goaltender
(Guelph, OHL)

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; June 26, 2008 at 02:19 PM..
Old June 23, 2008, 10:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Thanks for the summary IC.

July 1 is approaching fast. Free Agency starts and personally for me, this time around, I am not looking forward to it. I was so happy when the salary cap was introduced post lock out. Now, not so much..well..
Old June 23, 2008, 10:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Thanks for the summary IC.

July 1 is approaching fast. Free Agency starts and personally for me, this time around, I am not looking forward to it. I was so happy when the salary cap was introduced post lock out. Now, not so much..well..
Old June 23, 2008, 09:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Sundin going to Montreal? I doubt he will sign before he is a free agent. I think the Islanders want him too. Apparently some top Canadiens' officials are going to Sweden to seal the deal. I guess they really want him. If they can get Hossa and Sundin, it will be great for them.
Old June 23, 2008, 10:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Yeah we could definitely use Sundin. I really hope we are able to persuade him (out of retirement) to suit up for the habs.
Old June 26, 2008, 01:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

... Another NHLED and another overhyped cup of depraved longings running over, primarily from loser Canadian teams and their bitter and delusional fans, as the scum continues to rise to the top.

You guys haven't actually won a cup since 1990, and unless you change the way you think, you won't anytime soon. No Erica or Cindy can possibly come to your rescue. Oops, you'll have to get your hands on those mediawhoring, egotistical, disrespectful, cheating bitches who believe in their own lies, first I suppose.

Then again, I don't think you could afford all the therapy they need for that Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I mean getting off on watching yourself **** your own **** is one thing, but wanting the rest of us to join your disturbing little party ? Thanks but NO thanks.

The on and off the ice faggotry can make guys like Cindy and Erica before him, appear as pretty decent hockey players in the hyperbolic world of NHL media, but the truth is -- THEY'RE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY THINK. Consequently, the teams they "lead" have no chance of actually winning anything until they wise up and learn to weed out the viral infection for good. The Flyers let Erica go but that didn't solve the problem with Roberta C, arguably the originator of the faggotry, at the helm. Another story.

(YES, I HATE CINDY CROSBY as most decent Pens fans also would if played for any other team, ponder that.)

Guys like Iginla, LeCavalier, Thorton and now Morrow on the other hand, uphold the finest traditions of the NHL, stay humble and let their game, not the ability to deceive officials, do the talking where and when it counts.

Iginla who went from a big, bruising novelty item to a top of the line, GENUINE leader (not Cindy-esque, "me first" type) and a 50 goal scorer, will actually win the Cup if he smartens up and moves south where the WINNERS go.

NHL is NOT the filthy toilet bowl of the NBA or the NFL but that's tough for some whining supermodels in league to see that. So, no more Cindy's please this year. Class is permanent and she has none.

BTW, Toronto MapleCubs should move to Banjodome in the Lynchville, KY swamps if they want to win the Cup anytime over the NEXT 41 years ...

High draft picks have never been important to us at all. We have the best Western Canadian, US and European scouts in the business and Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Zetterberg, almost discarded by the NHLED pundits from North of the Border yet three of the very best players in the league, are there to rub it in. Before them, Fedorov was another diamond in the same rough. In fact, only Junior, that's Niklas Kronwall to yawl, is the ONLY top draft pick we have in on the roster.

Having said all that, our picks are pretty good this year from what I hear from my cousins in Detroit.

1. Tommy McCollum from NY is probably the best Goalie in the draft, and he can be developed into the netminder we need to add to our depth in the area. His numbers with the OHL Guelph outfit leave no doubt as to his potential.

Teams with exceptional defensive units like the Red Wings, the Devils and the Stars need the type of a multi-faceted, often puck-handling goaltender who is always focused enough to stop the few quality shots that slip past the guys playing in front of him. That can be a lot more challenging than stopping 30 plus shots a night. Just ask Marty B, Marty T and of course Ozzie. Tommy apparently can be developed to fit the bill.

2. Max Nicastro from CA is a big bruising defenseman with good speed and puck-handling ability. He apparently has a pretty heavy shot to go with those qualities. His former teammates compare him to Rob Blake, and I'm really looking forward to his NHL debut, possibly in 2-3 years with Brett Lebda, also American and Jiri Fischer expected to return next season. Our defensive depth is second to none IMHO even in light of Cheli's expected retirement.

ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE MORE AMERICANS.

3. Gustav Nyquist (C) and Jesper Sameulsson (LW) are both smallish Swedes with excellent offensive potential. No idea when they will debut with Hudler, Filppula, Franzen and Helm pretty much settled in their places, and local boy Justin Abdelkader to make a splash next season. Whenever they may or may not debut, I can assure you that they'll become better defensive players, win faceoffs, and contribute to the PK unit by the time they do. That's Red Wings Hockey with no place for one-dimensional primadonnas like Cindy.

4. Julien Cayer (C) from QC and Steve Johnston (LW) from across the bridge are both good skaters. Cayer is big (6'4") and has the type of solid 2-way game to warrant an early debut. Johnston is definitely a longer term prospect, maybe even a trade-bait like Dandenault after he was developed as a complete player by none other than the Great Bowman himself. Many of us still miss our number 11 and wish him all the best with the Habs. We also miss Fedorov and Shany but that goes without saying. Knuble can screw himself.

Canadian hockey fans- get ready for another season of bitter harvest. BTW, you know what you can do with your loser's eiltism and just where to shove it.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 8, 2008 at 11:45 AM..
Old June 26, 2008, 02:48 PM
Cricket Guru

hmm..you are losing it man..too much hatred.
Old June 26, 2008, 03:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
hmm..you are losing it man..too much hatred.
DAYM bro, you didn't go for it this time. I guess lighting didn't strike twice after all.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 26, 2008, 08:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
DAYM bro, you didn't go for it this time. I guess lighting didn't strike twice after all.
No. I am tone deaf now. Carry on wasting time
Old June 28, 2008, 01:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
No. I am tone deaf now. Carry on wasting time
... Watch out for Tommy, he may be the next Richter.
Old July 2, 2008, 09:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Free Agency has started at Noon yesterday. What are the opinions of your teams guys? Winner or loser? Like to hear from the fans.

My team, as expected is getting crushed. We had 12 UFA's this year right after we became good. Tampa Bay is raiding our team. People here are calling them Pittsburgh South. Malone, Hall, Roberts have joined them. Conklin has gone to Detroit. What a traitor! Hossa and Orpik is still undecided. Have no clue what will happen to them. On a positive note, Malkin has agreed to a long term extension, by giving the team a home town discount. Him and Sid will have identical salary of $8.7 mil per year, much less than their market value. Very happy about that.

So, Habs, lLafs, Wings, Rangers fans..make yourself heard..
Old July 2, 2008, 11:56 AM
Cricket Guru

And..we just lost Hossa to Red Wings for a one yr $7.4 mil. I guess our offer of six years for $7 mil wasn't enough. Well..gotta move on. Thanks for the memorable playoffs. Now, we can concentrate on bringing in others and sign Orpik.
Old July 2, 2008, 01:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
And..we just lost Hossa to Red Wings for a one yr $7.4 mil. I guess our offer of six years for $7 mil wasn't enough. Well..gotta move on. Thanks for the memorable playoffs. Now, we can concentrate on bringing in others and sign Orpik.
BWAHAHAHA ...

Khoncha koyekta marte partam kintu marlam na. Malkin should be paid more than Sid, but this is a good start.

Why should Malkin be paid more? I won't go into that because I already have too many times, and on too many threads. Just call it therapy slash reality-check for Cindy.

We have complete faith in our front office to do the right thing as they have been for the last 17 years IN A ROW. Winning the President's, Norris, Selke and Lady Bing trophies are also things we don't worry too much about, but it's always wonderful when we do, again and again.

In Detroit, it's ALL ABOUT winning the Cup, period. That's why our guys tend to stay and finish their careers with the Winged Wheel and the class we have to offer.

More than the Hossa signing, something that may help us with scoring secondary goals, I'm really happy about Brad Stuart staying with us, and Justin Abdelkader's ice time next year. It'd be cool to have Jiri Fischer back, and be pleasantly surprised by some of our draft picks this year I've described before.

Last edited by Sohel; July 2, 2008 at 01:42 PM..
Old July 2, 2008, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Let him be rent a player for life. Hossa is getting paid more than the Captain Nicole. Wings always said that no one will get paid more than the Captain. Thats out the window I guess when a man shows up !

This is Wings last year. They will be destroyed after '09. The salary cap situation will force them to do away with a lot of great players. Hossa is a trade bait for next year, if things don't go well, and it makes sense for Wings to get some value in return if they decide to trade him. Zetterberg will be gone next year, along with many others. That's the reality of CBA, which we are paying for dearly. We will pitch for Zetterberg.

Malkin is a great player. A team player. He plays with team rules. No one gets more than the superstar captain. Wings should practice what they preach.
Old July 2, 2008, 09:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Leafs bought out Tucker. Raycroft, Wellwood gone. A lot of my female friends are heart broken since Wellwood is gone.
We got Hagman from Dallas. Cujo is back in TO.
I dunno why Cliff is going to pay so much to Finger.
Canucks offered Sundin 10 mil a year.
Old July 3, 2008, 04:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Talking LMFAO ... Kothay Moharani, Kothay ******arani !

OK, the gloves are off.

Tragically misplaced loyalty to those narcissists who only care about themselves and be more admired and worshipped than they admire and worship themselves, is almost always the most self-defeating of all false loves, even in Pittsburg, PA.

Delusional “love” has its own peculiar narcotic effect, and can make the incubus of viral plague appear as the proverbial honey pot. I’ve had brothers and close friends defend their decease-infested, Glammazon slut GFs before being inevitably heartbroken, hospitalized, treated with painful shots into the sack, bankrupted by endless therapy, and finally coming to their senses in order to live “one day at a time”.

I pray and expect the same to happen here.

… Dissing Nicklas Lidstrom, the perfect gentleman who exemplifies fair play, not to mention a 4X Cup WINNER, Conn Smythe winner, 6X Norris winner, and the greatest defenseman EVER to play the game –- is not only unbecoming, but also demented moronism at its best from so called hockey fans in Pennsylvania, from both parts of the state.

But since they continue to fart out the wrong end, here's a bit of what that sort of crap deserves.

In cricketing terms, Tushar Imran should have a clear idea about the incoming delivery when the bowler is Dale Steyn, Brett Lee or Fidel Edwards with the new ball on a bouncy track.

Before I start my spell, let me make it clear that we'd never diss great young players with the brightest of future(s) like Malkin and Fleury, or dynamos like Staal or Orpik. The class of Mario will never be mitigated by imbecilic comments. Why? Because they don't DESERVE IT!

Nicklas Lidstrom will have his number retired and in our rafters, and we don’t expect the trailer-park crowd to fathom what that means until they discover the joys of living in an actual house or apartment with a frozen pond in the backyard.

Then again, not much else can be expected from perennial losers fostering yet another cult of personality, an evil one this time, and desperately holding on to past glory, with very little understanding of our glorious sport and its values. Losing too often for wayy to long will do that to you. Just look at the people of Toronto.

It is disappointing but not at all surprising to see chemically dependant rednecks “defending” a diving, cheating, disrespectful, one-dimensional, media whoring, overrated, whining, bitching, moaning, pathologically narcissistic little f***** like Cindy, the way they know best, by flaunting their collective ability talk out of the wrong orifice and consequently, only DEMEANING THEMSELVES in the end.

After being less than 30 seconds away from a 1-4 thrashing in the SCF, the “Pens in 5” crowd ended up losing 2-4. That deserved some respect before such always Cindy-inspired stupidity exposed the real extent of the transmitted infection. There are depraved customers including members of the clueless media, who just don’t realize Cindy’s just doing what she does best to have them by the cojones and have her own way. It’s called “faking it”. No doubt size has something to do with it.

It will take winning at least ONE CUP in recent times, as opposed to our FOUR, before these losers come even close to deserving the respect the Devils, Stars, Avs, Ducks, Habs (because of their class, tradition and relationship to the MapleClutz), Bolts, and the genuine leader Iginla’s Flames have in the hearts of all true hockey fans.

Until that happens, these losers better know their place unless the fetish for self-flagellation continues to prevail. Sad, really !

Then again, the downward spiral has already started for the Pens after the one-hit-wonder. Players want to win, and that’s not possible in a hockey club centered around everyone getting off on watching currently the Queen carrier of NBA-style Manginitis Cindy Crosby s*** her own he-c*** as she expects everyone to do watch, until she moves on to a new place, perhaps across the state to Cheesesteakville, to start the cancerous process all over again until Roberta, the Original Mangina gives her the Lindy treatment.

To try and stir-up controversy with regards to our Captain’s salary, and making pronouncements such as ’09 will be our last year of excellence, are more glaring examples of ignorance and idiocy at their best.

To assume that Zetterberg will become just the second HOME GROWN star to leave the club in our recent history after Fedorov under totally different circumstances and influences (Shany wasn’t homegrown), is yet another expression of the disturbing journey towards Moronotopia with Cindy queening over her semi-retarded subjects.

Furthermore, to fantasize that Hank would go to the Pens of all clubs, is the sort of delusion that requires hard therapy and harder meds. BTW, the type of “hard” I have in mind has nothing to do with what Cindy takes-in night after night.

Crackwhoring, NHL-style, is not a way of life in Detroit the way it is in Pittsburgh. We don’t like self-obsessed 20-dollar hookers masquerading as supposedly more desirable top-shelf pRonstars in our midst.

We have developed many low draft pick “no-namers” into legitimate superstars, guys like Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and will continue to do so Inshallah, while others lineup to adulate and blow their “Next Big Dope”.

Our guys, as they have always done in the past, will do their part to stay where they belong, or find their way back if they cannot.

Actually WINNING the Cup FOUR TIMES in the last 11 years, not to mention winning the Cup 11X in our history, can do that players NOT obsessed with themselves or their wallets.

Because of the hockey environment, culture, and the tradition of excellence we offer, our player don’t abandon their family in Hockey Town, USA. Do a bit of research and discover the truth for yourselves.

It takes class to recognize what it truly is and to be deserved of classy treatment. Then again only the letter R separates “class” from what these groupies really are once you replace the L with it. I guess faggotry is indeed contagious!

This is the type of thing that puts a bull’s eye on parasitic weed like Cindy’s back, like his 'cross-state mentor Lindy before him, and prematurely end careers with one too many hits these p****** just can’t wink and wank their way out of.

I see that happening in 8-10 years max, no matter what OTHER team Cindy decides to betray her current Johns and always temporary BFs for, and when it happens, I’ll still have no issues sleeping well.

Cindy, like any other Glammazon slut girlfriend with a poorly concealed transmittable decease, will eat you alive before infecting another team and another city “rediscovering” hockey in fair weather, or paying the most for her "services".

The solution ?

Just stick to football or find yourselves depressed, broke, broken and in pain whenever it’s time to pee before hockey moves to Flamingodome in Jacksonville, FL ... close enough to Tampa ...

I leave you with a few clips of Cindy at her best. Cheating, diving, claiming a false assist by raising her little stick, and diving some more, while NHL officials get fooled by her real ability on ice, the ability to fake it all. (If you want an example of this disrespectful and clueless bimbo’s bitching and moaning, just checkout ANY one of her pre or post match quotes widely available in cyberspace.)

Puke away …

Art: The Road To The Deep End of Aquadome, Beijing ‘08.

The Johns in Stripes.

The Crying Game.

Last edited by Sohel; July 3, 2008 at 12:27 PM..
Old July 3, 2008, 05:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Leafs bought out Tucker. Raycroft, Wellwood gone. A lot of my female friends are heart broken since Wellwood is gone.
We got Hagman from Dallas. Cujo is back in TO.
I dunno why Cliff is going to pay so much to Finger.
Canucks offered Sundin 10 mil a year.
Veuillez agréer mes condoléances plus sincères comme vous recherchez la salle aux 41 années à venir du chagrin ...

Svp permettez-moi, en tant qu'ami, de suggérer humblement que vous commenciez à soutenir Les Habs ou n'importe quelle équipe canadienne occidentale, ou croisiez le pont et veniez à la ville d'hockey, les Etats-Unis, comme le plus intelligent de vos compatriotes avaient fait.

You can always choose to root for the new Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Hossa line with Nicks Senior and Junior taking care of business in front of the Wizard of Oz, and do it full-time. Larry Murphy's still doing it, and so can you my brother.

Note: Get IC to translate if you have difficulties. His absurd and laughable statements comparing Iginla to Owen Nolan, his constant and ignorant dissing of European and American hockey and Americans to make himself feel good about himself and his own brand of, and always oxymoronic, Canadian Fascism , have nothing to do with his admirable command over the language ...

Last edited by Sohel; July 3, 2008 at 05:38 AM..
Old July 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Veuillez agréer mes condoléances plus sincères comme vous recherchez la salle aux 41 années à venir du chagrin ...

Svp permettez-moi, en tant qu'ami, de suggérer humblement que vous commenciez à soutenir Les Habs ou n'importe quelle équipe canadienne occidentale, ou croisiez le pont et veniez à Na ville d'hockey, les Etats-Unis, comme le plus intelligent de vos compatriotes avaient fait.
No, i got it.
41 years of sorrow? Honestly no matter how many years it takes, I am a Leafs supporter for life.
Old July 3, 2008, 12:07 PM
Cricket Guru

I am not sure all these deserve any response. But, I will respond, though won't take a whole page to do so, since 'time' is at a premium for me. In one brush of the paint, I and million other Pens fans are morons, losers, dwellers of trailer-park, and what not, for supporting our team and the Captain! If I recall correctly, the demeaning barb regarding Sid started from the other end in all manner of form, including calling him Cindy and many other disgusting adjectives labeled against him by a fan who claim to follow the classiest organization in the league. No class at all. I started calling their captain Nicole only afterwards in response and obviously as a matter of joke. Never, I questioned his ability as a player, nor all the accolades he has won over the last twenty years. Facts are facts. However, the obsessive nature of hatred associated with Sid continue to cloud the judgment and recognize the fact that at a ripe old age of 21, he is a phenomenal player, the Captain of a reviving franchise who won the Art Ross and Hart at the age of 20 with likes of Colby Armstrong as his linemate. But, that bit of info is for real hockey fans, and not pretenders who claim to know a lot about hockey. Maybe spending too much time trolling around in hockey forums has its own lingering effects.

I know Arsenic poisoning is a serious matter in the South Western part of our country, including Bagerhat, and a lot need to be done to find out about any 'side effects' associated with this curse. Derangement, obsessive but dangerous compulsive nature of attraction towards teenage boys, conspicuous self promotion of 'know it all', viral bickering etc etc.. could be a starting point to tackle this menace. They have my compassion.
Old July 3, 2008, 02:15 PM
Cricket Guru

http://nhlscap.com/salarynumbers/detroit.htm

Assuming people drinking brackish water can count and reason , here is the cap situation for that cities swindling Swedish chicks and rednecks . UFA- Zett, khochhor, Samuelsson and RFA's - Hudler. Look at their salary for this year and what they will command from next year, it is reasonable to assume that they will lose at least two, if not one from that list. Gotta take into account the Hossa salary too if they want to re-sign. These are cold fact numbers, based on the projected ceiling of $56.7 mil for next year. If you are detached from reality, don't read. Teams will peel away their players and they would have to shed salaries of some of their old players. This is their last chance and nobody repeats in NHL. So, bye bye from '09 and watch Chicago zoom you bye. Pens..will be competing every year while Nicole reaches menopause, which is only a few years away..
Old July 4, 2008, 01:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Tsk, tsk ... "Arsenic poisoning" (the Atlanta Braves of hockey) and "exposure" of false prophethood (Pens in 5) notwithstanding, I expected more than just carelessly projected homoerotic fantasies and random invention of the e-truth from genuine Gurus in all of their infallible glory (Aging, slow Red Wings defensemen, "skilled" Swedish Mules from, and non-factors Pav and Hank).

Then again, invention is the fool's last resort when the truth cannot be handled, or the heat it tends bring for that matter ...

The water in remote parts Bagerhat is harmful yet easily treatable, but acquired Manginitis from a common Charlatan man-whore can be deadly. I guess forbidden love is blinder than I cared to imagine.

Being 21 is hardly jailbait, good for all of her Johns and BFs. I see all of the fetish coming from Pittsburg, PA BTW. What passion for the cheating little mangina who'll leave them for "reassignment" the first chance she gets! Do certain "specialized" hospitals in Thailand have hockey teams for M2F P****** too?

Who says the Lords of sobriety and reason aren't romantic?

I guess you great extrapolators of THE truth must like Wrestling also. Big, sweaty men in tights, all over one another ...

Lindy won those trophies too, without the same number of false assists, and striped and journo Johns on his little black book BTW. He just couldn't win the one that really counts. History repeats itself, especially in the state of P****lvania.

PS: On the salary cap issue, Cup WINNERS have different dynamics working for them, as we have seen before in Detroit and we'll see again in '09 Inshallah. Then again, Cup LOSERS won't know anything about that, and no one should expect them to get much beyond cleaning septic tanks in their respective trailer parks.

Last edited by Sohel; July 4, 2008 at 04:12 PM..
Old July 6, 2008, 10:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Oh Boy..Somebody is either in midlife crisis or drinking too much lal pani. Get him an AARP card ! Ge it soon. Half the DeadWings are about to join him too, leading the way is the queen-bee, the Swedish whore..
Old July 7, 2008, 07:10 AM
Cricket Savant

... Yeah, great comeback and sooo unexpected! Looks like something ran dry up in PA. The Cindy experience can be draining in more ways than one.

Having said that, it's always heartwarming to see Cindy's little John-Johns making such good use of the emotional projector from the CLOSET full of Swedish mangina pr0n from her private collection ...

Here's a bit of reality-check since Cindy took all the therapy money for new toys and BDSM lingerie.

Smart man, with emphasis on the word MAN. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Quote:
Hossa to Hockeytown: Superstar signs one-year deal with Stanley Cup champions
Bill Roose Detroit Red Wings Jul 2, 2008, 1:11 PM EDT

DETROIT – Ken Holland often talks about success requiring hard work and how it never comes easy.

Unrestricted free agent Marian Hossa seemingly bought into that philosophy on Wednesday when he signed a one-year contract, thus securing the Red Wings’ chances of repeating as Stanley Cup champions next spring.

“Obviously, we’re thrilled,” Holland told DetroitRedWings.com. “He’s a premiere power forward. Heading into the off-season, he was on our wish list, but to think in reality that we would get a shot at him given our commitments heading into the ’08-09 season -- we really wanted to keep a lot of our team together -- but in the end Marian made it happen by agreeing to come on a one-year deal.”

Still the decision to turndown a bigger pay day elsewhere was difficult, Hossa said, but after 10 seasons in the league, his priorities have changed.

“I wanted the best chance to win the Stanley Cup and I feel like Detroit is the team,” Hossa said during a teleconference Wednesday afternoon. “I know I could get more money somewhere else, but the thing that I was looking for for myself was to win the Stanley Cup.

“It wasn’t easy to throw that much money away, but I know I made the right decision. I truly believe that I made the right decision.”

It’s extremely difficult, especially in the new cap world, to win back-to-back Stanley Cups. The last team to do so was Detroit in 1997 and ’98. But Holland believes Hossa’s desire and hunger to win can be a driving force, similar to what the team witnessed with veteran forward Dallas Drake.

“I really think that Dallas Drake was a major factor in us winning the Stanley Cup,” Holland said. “Obviously, with his play on the ice, but for Dallas, he made a lot of sacrifices to want to come here to give himself an opportunity. When we got close, I thought a lot of our players played for Dallas.

“Certainly when you bring in a guy like Marian Hossa, who again has tremendous financial opportunities, and securing elsewhere and really has picked our team as the team that gives him the best chance to win a Stanley Cup, I think it will be tremendous motivation for our team heading into the year.”

Over the years, Holland has built a pretty solid relationship with Hossa’s agent Ritch Winter, of Edmonton, who also represents Dominik Hasek. But Holland was still shocked by the call he got Wednesday morning.

“I was at the Mobil station to get gas when the phone rang and it was Rich,” Holland said. “I was caught way off guard. Shocked obviously was my initial reaction.

“Over the course of yesterday, Rich and Marian fielded a lot of offers that were substantial in relation to what we could offer. I got a call this morning from Rich telling me that Marian was very, very interested in being a Red Wing.”

Hossa’s signing should squelch the past scrutinizing in the media that the Wings received during the regular-season for a lack of secondary scoring. That issue was basically put to rest with the Stanley Cup last month, but making a big splash in the free agency pool for a top-notch power forward is huge.

Often during the regular-season, the Wings were criticized for relying too much on their top line of Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg and Tomas Holmstrom to score. Landing Hossa, who has scored 299 goals and 349 assists with a plus-85 rating in 701 career games, should silence that issue.

The Penguins acquired Hossa and Pascal Dupuis at the February trade deadline from Atlanta for three young stars -- Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen and Angelo Esposito, and a 2008 first-round pick (Daultan Leveille, 29th overall).

Dupuis signed a three-year contract worth more than $4 million to stay in Pittsburgh.

In the Pens’ march to the Cup finals, Hossa put to rest the notion that he’s a better regular-season performer, whose productivity falls off once the playoffs roll around. He led the Pens in scoring with 12 goals, and was second to Sidney Crosby in assists with 14.

In Atlanta’s 5-1 win over the Red Wings on Jan. 15, Hossa wrecked havoc, recording his seventh career hat trick before the game was half old.

A first-round draft pick by the Ottawa Senators in 1997, Hossa said he’s harbored the opportunity to play for the Red Wings for some time.

“When you look at hockey on the TV it’s always the Red Wings or Pittsburgh playing,” he said. “You’re always going to pay attention because it’s attractive hockey, it’s a lot of offense and a lot of great players. I want to play that way. I liked playing like that in Pittsburgh, and when I look at Detroit, it’s a similar style. But it’s all about winning and that’s what I’m looking for.”

Besides seeing the organization from afar as an opponent, Hossa received some insight from his friend, Red Wings forward Tomas Kopecky.

“I’ve heard a lot about things there from my friend,” Hossa said. “I was in contact with him during the year, so we talked, and it’s an exciting time and I’m looking forward to it.”

Hossa’s deal with the Red Wings continues a free agency exodus from the Penguins, who also lost forwards Gary Roberts, Ryan Malone, Adam Hall, and back-up goalie Ty Conklin, who on Tuesday also signed a one-year deal with the Red Wings.

LINK
Eventually others will also get tired of Cindy's disorder and disorderly advances, and leave years before she does too.

Last edited by Sohel; July 7, 2008 at 07:20 AM..
Old May 4, 2013, 01:25 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
... Yeah, great comeback and sooo unexpected! Looks like something ran dry up in PA. The Cindy experience can be draining in more ways than one.

Having said that, it's always heartwarming to see Cindy's little John-Johns making such good use of the emotional projector from the CLOSET full of Swedish mangina pr0n from her private collection ...

Here's a bit of reality-check since Cindy took all the therapy money for new toys and BDSM
cheap lingerie.

Smart man, with emphasis on the word MAN. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Eventually others will also get tired of Cindy's disorder and disorderly advances, and leave years before she does too.
Wonder to know about Cindy. I was out of touch for many years and finally got some information about Cindy. Thanks for sharing it and yes it was unexpected

Last edited by EarnestRow; May 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM..
Old July 7, 2008, 10:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Those free agents left, not because of Sid, but, we just couldn't fit everybody under the cap. Once again, you show your lack of knowledge on how the new NHL works. Don't blame you. You have probably jumped on hockey bandwagon this year. Malone was a loss. But, they offered ( TB ) too much money, and we have 12 free agents in one year, a very unusual happening. We have replaced Ruttu with Cooke. Hossa's service of one month ( assume you know he came on the trade deadline ) is gone. Satan ( nice name ) and Fedotenko are on board from day 1 coming season. Plus, we have a lot of good players coming up from WBS/baby Pens. Jeffries and Caputi will soon join the senior Pens. Jordan Staal will be signed up next year to a long term. He will move up to the second line playing left wing. You don't know anything about Pens or about hockey for that matter. You probably saw a octupus on the rink, and jumped, " oh cool , I am rooting for that team " . Anybody and everybody can 'copy-paste' NHL.com articles. Its not that hard.

Our priority was to lock up the young core for long term. We have done that. They all have signed long term deal to stay and they did that for less than market value. Look up and you will see. Sid-Malkin- Fleury, Whitney-Orpik : all signed. Defensively we are solid and signed. With a surplus of defenders, I won't be surprised if we trade one sometime this year to get the coveted left winger. Gaborik is a hot rumor.

Gary Roberts, Adam Hall, Conklin- easily replaced.

Deadwings will face similar adversity from next year. You probably won't be around then. You will jump off the wagon and start rooting for someone else.