facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 31, 2012, 04:13 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default Appraisal of Bangladesh’s performance in the U19 World Cup

Quite non existing middle order is the foremost contributing factor behind Bangladesh’s inability to trounce the quarter final hurdle in the recently concluded U19 World Cup. Bangladesh batting was a top heavy one as top four scored most of the runs of the team total. Unfortunately there was no proper middle order batsman in the Bangladesh team. The team was loaded with a number of mini allrounders who failed to deliver with the bat. Spinners didn’t get enough support from Australian wickets which was pretty expected. Still the team management made the terrible decision of depending too much on the spinners as we have seen against South Africa in the group stage.

http://banglacric.com/appraisal-of-b...orld-cup-2012/

Old August 31, 2012, 04:16 PM
Cricket Sage

If you are thinking about using BC to advertise your blog/ site I'm telling you now it's a terrible idea. You want to share your work with us for people to read, I'm sure no one will have problem with that. Find the appropriate thread regarding the topic your article is about and post it there. But opening up a new threads for every article you wrote is going to get you banned in a matter of hours.
Old August 31, 2012, 04:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
If you are thinking about using BC to advertise your blog/ site I'm telling you now it's a terrible idea. You want to share your work with us for people to read, I'm sure no one will have problem with that. Find the appropriate thread regarding the topic your article is about and post it there. But opening up a new threads for every article you wrote is going to get you banned in a matter of hours.
I just want to share my ideas with others; i don't want to advertise anything. Ok, no more thread then. Thank you for your advice as I was not aware of that.
Old August 31, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasim Ahmed
I just want to share my ideas with others;
You can. The ideas you want to discuss are already being discussed in other threads, so you opening new thread for this one article is redundant. That's why I said find threads that are relevant to what ideas you want to share. For example you opened up Anamul: Best of the best thread. If you look at the first page I can tell you right now there is at least 2 Anamul thread already going on discussing the same kind of ideas that you want to share. So just share your idea there.
Old August 31, 2012, 04:27 PM
Cricket Savant

@op

be a hippopotamus bro

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 31, 2012, 05:21 PM
Banned

So, U19 team batting & balling order = National team batting & balling order ???
Old August 31, 2012, 05:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Dolon bhai gaan-bajna koi? ajkal artikel er sathey gun bajna na hole jome na. modern jug, roey bhai ke dekhen na?

btw warm welcome to bc!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 31, 2012, 06:17 PM
Street Cricketer

Thanks, Zeeshan bhai. I'll be very happy if anyone likes any of my article.
Old September 1, 2012, 06:40 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Wasim, don't worry whether people like your article or not. If you write your honest opinion within the Forum Rules, you would contribute to the discussion. Ajfar's advice is good. Check to see if there are other similar threads before opening a new thread. That will keep the forums uncluttered.
Old September 1, 2012, 07:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

@Wasim: While nothing unusual here in BC, your ideas are interesting and passion much appreciated. I don't have a problem with the relentless self-promotion either. But the quality of your writing in terms of syntax and grammar needs work. I humbly suggest you read and write more thoughtfully. My two cents.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 1, 2012, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

This was really awesome from our U-19 that top order clicked.Really top order played very well.Our national team is in reverse condition. I think middle order will not be a problem.Asif did not click in Australia,that was a pain for us.
Old September 1, 2012, 05:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
@Wasim: While nothing unusual here in BC, your ideas are interesting and passion much appreciated. I don't have a problem with the relentless self-promotion either. But the quality of your writing in terms of syntax and grammar needs work. I humbly suggest you read and write more thoughtfully. My two cents.
Thanks a lot Sohel bhai. Yes I know I need lot of improvements. But we all have to do a full-time job to survive and after that we barely have much time to do other things. Still I am doing this because of my passion for Bangladesh cricket, nothing else. I am the sole contributor to that website and try to cover every event in Bangladesh cricket. That's why quality is not that great all the time. Cheers.
Old September 1, 2012, 05:25 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
This was really awesome from our U-19 that top order clicked.Really top order played very well.Our national team is in reverse condition. I think middle order will not be a problem.Asif did not click in Australia,that was a pain for us.
Top order was not that good either. Soumya flopped in all matches except against Australia. Asif also clicked only against Sri Lanka. Only Anam and Litton did well consistently. Still Litton needs to pace his innings better. Too many dot balls right from the start creates pressure on other batsmen
Old September 1, 2012, 05:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasim Ahmed
Top order was not that good either. Soumya flopped in all matches except against Australia. Asif also clicked only against Sri Lanka. Only Anam and Litton did well consistently. Still Litton needs to pace his innings better. Too many dot balls right from the start creates pressure on other batsmen
Agree with you. The batting wasn't good apart from Anamul and Liton. Even then Liton was a bit slow but he is young and has time to improve on his batting. Sarkar and Asif, apart from their 1 off innings were a big disappointment. The middle order was nonexisistent but I also see they're all young as well. We'll see how they improve in the next WC but for now, only Anamul seems ready for the national team now.
Old September 1, 2012, 05:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Agree with you. The batting wasn't good apart from Anamul and Liton. Even then Liton was a bit slow but he is young and has time to improve on his batting. Sarkar and Asif, apart from their 1 off innings were a big disappointment. The middle order was nonexisistent but I also see they're all young as well. We'll see how they improve in the next WC but for now, only Anamul seems ready for the national team now.
yes only anamul is near ready, if asif had a good tournament i reckon a few would be calling him to the national team to and if sarkar had a good one he'd have been close, but for sure they need more nuturing, but anamul is ready for bigger things.
Old September 1, 2012, 06:05 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I have seen couple of matches in this tournament. My realization was that most of them don't know how to pace an innings. Initially they failed to rotate the strike and by doing so created unnecessary pressure on themselves. As you said they are so young and hopefully will learn qucikly. By the way, I forgot to mention Al Amin. This chap is also very potential though his stats doesn't suggest that. But I have seen flame in him, hope it was not a pseudo indication.
Old September 1, 2012, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

We have to take all the positives from the U19 World Cup and i guess we are doing that. Anamul is ahead of his peer group in terms of skill level, mind set, temperament etc. We seriously need to consider fast tracking him into the national team due to the small amount of top order batsmen that BD have. Who else is competing for the #3 position? S. Nafees, Jahurul & Junaid. We have to forget the have beens and work with the newbies. Anamul is a proven performer and we need to give him ample before dropping him unnecessarily.

ODI's
1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Anamul
4. Shakib
5. Nasir
6. Mushfiq
7. Riyad

Tests
1. Tamim
2. Nazimuddin
3. Anamul
4. Riyad
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiq
7. Nasir
Old September 1, 2012, 07:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i think one of the most important question to ask when considering anamul for national team selection is whether he is better than the other options? yes he is young, yes fast tracking in the past hasn't always worked out but there are soo many reasons why anamul should be selected ahead of others. we've tried all of the older players, none of them were really that great, on top of that anamul has topped u19 run charts and also performed very well domestically especially in the FC format, he scores tons a lot more consistently than other BD players and and often performs in important/crucial/pressure matches. these are all positives and all signs he's ready and better than the others.