facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 2, 2011, 08:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
Our team has been gracious in wins in general. But then, I have read enough India baiting here. I have been reading stuff like, "I will be happy to see any team other than India win" etc. That being the case, I see absolutely no harm in rubbing it in. The excuse for India baiting is BCCI refused to host BD in test series. That IMO is a very lame excuse, considering, BD has set world record in innings defeat with in a decade. So, it is quite appropriate to remind where BD stands. For the record, BCCI is driven by monetary consideration than promotion of the game. I don't find that terribly wrong per se, though it can be stupid at times(so can promoting the game at the expense of money making many times).
Ganesh,

I would think there are many ways to protest about 'India baiting' and also 'rubbing it in' without doing it in a distasteful manner. Without being specific, your last two posts have been in a poor taste to say he least. You are a better poster than that. Sorry if you find this offensive.

Old April 2, 2011, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Sahastra
Ganesh,

I would think there are many ways to protest about 'India baiting' and also 'rubbing it in' without doing it in a distasteful manner. Without being specific, your last two posts have been in a poor taste to say he least. You are a better poster than that. Sorry if you find this offensive.
You have shown true sportsmanship here. Why bother about what people say when you won!

And to the people questioning this win- you know India didn't win it out of the blue, they were favourites before the tournament started. They worked hard for it. Just give them due credit. Or if you can't appreciate their success just keep it to yourself.
Old April 2, 2011, 09:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Tendu being carried was an awesome memory. Will never forget it.

That and Murali's glory in the semi will be the most memorable things in the wc for me. The best batsman and bowler of the modern era end their wc careers in a final against each other.

Doesn't get any better.
Old April 2, 2011, 09:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Wtf loitta is wearing

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
No kidding. That stood out for me as well. Every1 else is wearing a ****ing suit, and this guy wears a bongo bazar t-shirt. Imbecile.
Old April 2, 2011, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ganesh,

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
You have shown true sportsmanship here. Why bother about what people say when you won!

And to the people questioning this win- you know India didn't win it out of the blue, they were favourites before the tournament started. They worked hard for it. Just give them due credit. Or if you can't appreciate their success just keep it to yourself.
Thumbs up to what these two said. The best team won.

There are always boorish fans who are crass and classless fans of all nationalities who will stoop lower than the other to support their own jingoistic point.
Old April 2, 2011, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
There are always boorish fans who are crass and classless fans of all nationalities who will stoop lower than the other to support their own jingoistic point.
+1

Ganesh, rubbing it in is ok to some extent without attacking the person or his team/country etc. bringing in the ranking of BD is very poor taste.

to idiot dean jones : sucker !
Old April 2, 2011, 11:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Inshallah we will.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
I was just thinking about that right now. Allah amader agami 20 bochorer moddhe jitay dao please!!

The pics taken in this WC are legendary.

Old April 3, 2011, 06:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
+1

Ganesh, rubbing it in is ok to some extent without attacking the person or his team/country etc. bringing in the ranking of BD is very poor taste.
Aha! Haven't people routinely questioned India's #1 ranking out here(and elsewhere as well). What is so wrong in paying it back in kind. Admittedly, India has barely managed to retain it, nevertheless stayed at the top for close to 3 years now.
Old April 3, 2011, 06:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
now what >>>>
She is about to officially lodge a request to BCC-eendia for dressing room.

http://www.priyo.com/modeling/2011/0...f-i-23040.html
Old April 3, 2011, 08:39 AM
Cricket Sage

^ Modi will be kicking himself in the butt.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old April 3, 2011, 09:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

congrats India!
Old April 3, 2011, 11:39 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
Aha! Haven't people routinely questioned India's #1 ranking out here(and elsewhere as well). What is so wrong in paying it back in kind. Admittedly, India has barely managed to retain it, nevertheless stayed at the top for close to 3 years now.
For one thing, if we want to win people over to our side, it is much better idea to be graceful in victory than it is to be arrogant about it.

Secondly, everyone who posted congratulated India. If anyone wants to say "Congrats Spain but I wanted Holland to win", it is their prerogative.
Old April 3, 2011, 11:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Ganesh,

As I have said earlier,
People are openly venting their frustrations at India winning the world cup fair and square. They have routinely questioned India's #1 status in tests. Why is it tasteful to do the above things, but to say BD cricket side is ordinary is very distasteful? When India lost last time, BD fans celebrated(sometimes wildly). At the end of the day, when India didn't perform, fans have no reason to complain about BD fans going overboard or whatever like that. By the same token, you cannot have a fans of a weak side question the strength of #1 side. Point is, good and friendly relationship depends on both sides. May be you think, posts which says "Any side other than India can win" as tasteful or worth ignoring and not worth criticizing. I just think, it requires to be responded back every once a while. At the end of the day, I am only paying back just to make a point that taste of the medicine is just as bitter (and not being abusive etc.).

I will leave this topic here with a note that, when India wins, it is possible to rub back at those who say "anything other than India". Of course same holds for Indian, Pakistani or Aussie fans as well.
Old April 3, 2011, 11:54 AM
Cricket Legend

any supporter of any team has the right to question the ranking of any other team, whether their own team is No1 or not. (if you were correct then none of us who haven't played international cricket should criticize any cricketer. but that's not what we do right ?)
the question itself may be dumb and inspired by hate or jealousy but he or she still has a right to ask it. if you think the questioning is dumb, you point out to the fellow why it is so but do not bring the performance of his team into question, it is irrelevant.
just because someone acts like a prick doesn't mean you should act like one as well and insult his team or country (who have done nothing wrong to you)

Quote:
I will leave this topic here with a note that, when India wins, it is possible to rub back at those who say "anything other than India".
rub it in for all it's worth but do not go overboard. what you are doing is the equivalent of replying to one who questioned your ability to get a graduate degree with a comeback line "so what, your father is a beggar". it's not done man. think about it. think of yourself in the other person's shoes.
Old April 3, 2011, 12:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I say Ganesh read the Chopra article, this is a charity, trust me.
Old April 3, 2011, 01:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dravid

Why do Indian Fans need to be apologetic about India's win and be careful about criticism of people who were abusive about Indian cricket.
Someone in the media gives an off white analogy about the BD team performance and we have a BD star batsman calling him a retard and this whole forum going berserk in congratulating him for that.
India wins and every other person feels pitch is fixed by bcci,if bcci was that powerful we would have never been out in the first round of the 2007 WC.
India is not evil guys!!!!
Old April 3, 2011, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why do Indian Fans need to be apologetic about India's win and be careful about criticism of people who were abusive about Indian cricket.
wrong and wrong.
a) no one asked fans to be apologetic, far from it.
b) criticise the people and their comments all you want but not their team or country.
understand the difference.

Quote:
Someone in the media gives an off white analogy about the BD team performance and we have a BD star batsman calling him a retard and this whole forum going berserk in congratulating him for that.
India wins and every other person feels pitch is fixed by bcci,if bcci was that powerful we would have never been out in the first round of the 2007 WC.
how is the solution to act exactly like the people who were reacting in retarded ways to India's win ?
Old April 3, 2011, 01:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
any supporter of any team has the right to question the

rub it in for all it's worth but do not go overboard.
Here in this forum, BD cricket fans routinely do rub it in when India loses to some other side. Any side beating India is welcome out here. People have openly made such statements out here. You don't consider that going overboard? There is no yard stick on what is overboard and what is not, I see. Many times, I have resisted the temptation to tell that BD cricket sucks so much, that they should not comment on India. This one time, I am using India's status today to drive a point here.
Old April 3, 2011, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

yeah, that IS going overboard and I routinely challenge them. (check my posting history) you are welcome to do this as well. please don't forget that when you are posting on another team's fan forum you are in some small way representing India.
Quote:
BD cricket sucks so much, that they should not comment on India
BD cricket sucking or pwning has nothing to do with India. this is where you are wrong. they have a right to comment on India even if they didn't at all have a team. argue with the person on his comments, not on his identity. what you are doing is a variation of ad hominem attack.
Old April 4, 2011, 12:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

What a match! Congrats to team India the world champs! Big salute to skipper Dhoni, Tendulkar and the whole complete team! Big salute to team Srilanka too, very well played!

My dream is to see Inshallah, our team, team Bangladesh to win something this big some day, I know it is way too much to wish for, something I may never live to see. but it would be such a thrill to see that, with all our otherwise endless struggle, misery and life's pain and deficiencies, what a good feeling, joy filled that day might have been for me...aaahhh!
Old April 4, 2011, 01:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean williams

we are world champions.

good revenge of 2007 group stage defeat.

Last edited by sir john; April 5, 2011 at 01:33 AM..
Old April 4, 2011, 01:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

yuvi and zak are legends

yuvi gets man of series.

what a allround performance by yuvi

zak takes most wickets,

he is joint highest wicket taker with afridi.both takes 21 wicket each.

Last edited by sir john; April 5, 2011 at 01:35 AM..
Old April 4, 2011, 01:50 AM
Administrator

Sir John - You are allowed to put more than one sentence in a post. In fact, you are encouraged to.
Old April 4, 2011, 04:54 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Went to LA on Thus night with my boies to catch the Giants open their season and do some "Beat-LA" stuff. Was there till last night. So missed the WC final. But while going to Game 2 on Sat in the morning I figured out who won without checking the score. Saw many groups of Indians dancing around the streets with their flags, looking awkward and stuff

Congrats India and Gary C. Probably the only team that showed up to win the whole thing.

And now Sachin has everythinggg. This would be a good time for him to sign off from ODIs, but he is still capable of playing a little longer. IMO that would be pointless, what better way to retire than this? He can still play test and get his 100th 100, or shot for a 300 score.

Anywho, congrats to team India, and all the Indians in this forum and around the globe.
Old April 5, 2011, 01:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Sir John - You are allowed to put more than one sentence in a post. In fact, you are encouraged to.
i talk less always,

ok here is a small para.

indian played like true champions in world cup,beats former world champons ozz is good revenge of 2003 final.beating pak is movement of joy.i felt vey nervous when sachin and shewag falls to maling salinga,but now we are batting powerhouse,
enjoy lot this movement