facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 17, 2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
IMO, Ireland winning against BD and Zim is indeed no fluke. They produce some quality players and on pace friendly wickets they are quite good. On the other hand,I consider Afghanistan winning against us a fluke.
Disagree, Ireland didn't beat BD in BD. Afghanistan did. So it's no fluke.

Old March 17, 2014, 02:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
Disagree, Ireland didn't beat BD in BD. Afghanistan did. So it's no fluke.
There's a reason I consider it a fluke. Afghan batsmen are rubbish at playing spin, and yet thanks to our captain's lack of killer instinct, they had put up 250 after being 90 for 5 and we choked. The gulf between the two sides were exposed in the last match. In my view, Ireland is a much better team than Afghanistan both in terms of skill and professional mentality. Too bad they keep losing players to England.
Afghan players have got spirit for sure, but so does Nepal. In the long run you need more than that.
Old March 17, 2014, 04:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Some people think Ireland are on BD level? 'LOL'
Ireland only beaten BDtwice in 7years, get real, will ya, haters will hate no matter what. Even the Prohets had hatters during their time even now. So, will we... Just ignore em blind unfair sad people's comments
Old March 17, 2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
There's a reason I consider it a fluke. Afghan batsmen are rubbish at playing spin, and yet thanks to our captain's lack of killer instinct, they had put up 250 after being 90 for 5 and we choked. The gulf between the two sides were exposed in the last match. In my view, Ireland is a much better team than Afghanistan both in terms of skill and professional mentality. Too bad they keep losing players to England.
Afghan players have got spirit for sure, but so does Nepal. In the long run you need more than that.
If the pitch has turn and bounce as it had in last match, I am sure that Ireland would look helpless too. Afghans put up 250+ on a much better pitch that has less turn and less bounce and no Shakib al Hasan was in Bangladesh attack.
Old March 17, 2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
Some people think Ireland are on BD level? 'LOL'
Ireland only beaten BDtwice in 7years, get real, will ya, haters will hate no matter what. Even the Prohets had hatters during their time even now. So, will we... Just ignore em blind unfair sad people's comments
I can put this figure in a different way. Outside of matches played in Bangladesh, Ireland has a 2-1 record against them. And on neutral grounds, it's 1-0 in favor of Ireland. If you want to compare teams, why don't you separate out home-away and neutral matches?
Old March 17, 2014, 05:35 PM
Banned

Just realized, this me first international match thread on BC. And, had to be the match thread of the first ever International match played in the Sylhet International stadium

M C Brother sorry if you wanted to opened it, u can open the first ever international Bangladesh match at Sylhet in the future

good game, thrilling finnish.
Well done Ireland. Bad luck to Zimbabwe
Old March 17, 2014, 06:03 PM
Cricket Guru

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket...ver-Bangladesh

lol
Old March 17, 2014, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
I can put this figure in a different way. Outside of matches played in Bangladesh, Ireland has a 2-1 record against them. And on neutral grounds, it's 1-0 in favor of Ireland. If you want to compare teams, why don't you separate out home-away and neutral matches?
Bangladesh beat Ireland 3-0 in the Irish own backyard. Head to head since 2007 where it started from is 8-2 to BD.
And In that 7years BD has beaten: India twice, SA once, banglawashed
WI away at ODI and beaten them 8times, England 2times home and away, banglawashed
NZ twice, SL 3times. So thats 20 LOI (both odi and t20) wins against top 8 ranked, that is. If I'm not wrong.
Whereas, Ireland since 2007 won 2times against Pakistan and once again Windies, against the Top 8 ranked teams. If am not wrong.

I dont see Ireland being on BD's level. Bd isnt top 5 but BD is more than ready competitive LOI side now, and haters got to accept that we struggled our way to this we are as dangerious as any top8 side at LOIS especially at home.
Old March 17, 2014, 10:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Inspirational stuff.
They want the Irish to do what their boys couldn't in the last 7 matches. Dream on guys :P
Old March 17, 2014, 11:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Beautiful Stadium too bad the Mens won't play in it until 2016
Old March 18, 2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
Bangladesh beat Ireland 3-0 in the Irish own backyard. Head to head since 2007 where it started from is 8-2 to BD.
And In that 7years BD has beaten: India twice, SA once, banglawashed
WI away at ODI and beaten them 8times, England 2times home and away, banglawashed
NZ twice, SL 3times. So thats 20 LOI (both odi and t20) wins against top 8 ranked, that is. If I'm not wrong.
Whereas, Ireland since 2007 won 2times against Pakistan and once again Windies, against the Top 8 ranked teams. If am not wrong.

I dont see Ireland being on BD's level. Bd isnt top 5 but BD is more than ready competitive LOI side now, and haters got to accept that we struggled our way to this we are as dangerious as any top8 side at LOIS especially at home.
Are you mixing up stats of T20I and ODIs? BTW, how many matches do Ireland play at home?
Old March 19, 2014, 07:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dale Steyn

We should have more match threads involving other teams. This would bring posters from different countries to join BC forum. Also the layout of BC lacks good usability. It should be more like pakpassion where all the threads are in one list encouraging everyone to join in all the discussions.
Old March 19, 2014, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Another game down to the wire.