facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 22, 2017, 03:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

A mundane India - Lanka series, an equally aimless thread on a third country's forum, and yet Furqaan/Asad gets his knickers in a twist over it all.

Old November 27, 2017, 05:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Wouldn't mind some changes for the 3rd test.

1 shaw
2 gill
3 Rahul
4 pujara
5 Kohli
6 rahane/nair/vihari/ pandya (pick pandya if you want another bowler)
7 Samson/pant
8 ashwin/jadeja
9 b.kumar
10 kuldeep
11 porel

I think it's a really good time to give some young players pushing for the national team a chance even if they don't go on the next tour and just get this match.

Saha should go regardless and pant or Samson should be the front runners, they need a good young keeper who can also bat.
Old November 27, 2017, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
A mundane India - Lanka series, an equally aimless thread on a third country's forum, and yet Furqaan/Asad gets his knickers in a twist over it all.
Old November 27, 2017, 09:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Unless you're suggesting Al Furq is actually Kusal Mendis in disguise, your post is irrelevant.
Old November 27, 2017, 11:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Wow, what a performance from India. This team will surely go down as one of the greatest of all time. I m feeling sorry for those ppl who were wishing for a miracle to happen, stay strong brothers.
Old December 2, 2017, 05:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Pretty frustrated that Rahul has been dropped.

Hoping manan vohra and Rahul tripathi get picked for the t20s, though they probably won't.

Anyway vijay and Kohli currently dominating, Kohli hitting his 20th test century and nearing his 150, vijay already reached his 150.
Old December 2, 2017, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Wow, what a performance from India. This team will surely go down as one of the greatest of all time. I m feeling sorry for those ppl who were wishing for a miracle to happen, stay strong brothers.
If they can replicate this type of dominance in England, South Africa, Australia and NZ consistently then I would agree. Right now, one of the greatest teams of all times is too strong a statement for me.
Old December 2, 2017, 04:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Damn, Kohli bhai is ruthless asf.

Poor,hapless Sri Lanka, when will you guys learn?

Take a hiatus from playing India... go play somewhere else. Bangladesh, Windies (when was the last time you guys came over here?...

Take some time to reflect on Kohli bhai and his co. Humiliating you guys...come over in the Caribbean. ..relieve some of that stress....
Old December 2, 2017, 11:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Kohli is closing in on another double
Old December 3, 2017, 12:21 AM
Cricket Guru

And there you go he gets his double, his 6th!
Old December 3, 2017, 02:35 AM
Test Cricketer

OMG! Players have to cover their faces with veils...... to play in Delhi..... ridiculous!!
Old December 3, 2017, 08:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
If they can replicate this type of dominance in England, South Africa, Australia and NZ consistently then I would agree. Right now, one of the greatest teams of all times is too strong a statement for me.
don't feed the ?
Old December 3, 2017, 08:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
India were almost forced to declare their innings in bizarre circumstances as Sri Lanka ran out of players healthy enough to field in the polluted Delhi air on day two of the Test. There were two stoppages - 17 minutes and five minutes - before the eventual declaration even as Sri Lanka trainer Nick Lee changed into his whites to step in as the 11th player on the field. The fielding coach Manoj Abeywickrama was also prepared to take the field.
Are these for real?
Old December 4, 2017, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Some sections of Indian public are behind Sri Lanka, full of support, vocal in their criticism of the government for not doing anything to stop the pollution level.

Others going gung ho against Sri Lanka, calling it unprofessional ism to prevent Kohli from reaching a milestone or not allowing India to score a 1000 runs. Sehwag has aggressively gone against the Lankans, commenting on their lack of sportsmanship, pointing to his own example of Suraj Randiv bowling a no ball to him on 99.

Whatever the case, i playing under such conditions may not be fun. Many Delhi-ites are claiming the air is perfectly ok, but then again they are used to it, their system can handle it.
Old December 4, 2017, 05:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I read on tabloids that Sri Lankans are puking due to the bad pollution.

Does Delhi have such high levels of pollution or is there something the tabloids not telling us?

Last edited by adamnsu; December 4, 2017 at 06:14 AM..
Old December 4, 2017, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I read on tabloids that Sri Lankans are puking due to the bad pollution.

Does Delhi have such high levels of pollution or is their something the tabloids not telling us?
Ahhh. Yes!

I can export my canned australian air to India, for the elitist and middle class to inhale.
Old December 4, 2017, 07:24 AM
Cricket Legend

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/12/o...dia-delhi.html

This was published just a few days back. 4000 schools told to close because kids were puking, because smog was 30 times worse than safe level.
Old December 4, 2017, 08:00 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Yea naach te na jaanle uthan baka. Next the Lankans will complain about the sun being too hot. Ajaira.
Old December 4, 2017, 08:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/12/o...dia-delhi.html

This was published just a few days back. 4000 schools told to close because kids were puking, because smog was 30 times worse than safe level.
You are missing the point. Not sure if you have followed the game live but on television it was pretty apparent that Lankan's were deliberately wasting time. First of all no one denies Delhi has severe smog issues. But that link you posted is 1 month old...and according to reports the air pollution level has decreased since. There was an IHL game in Jawaharlal Nehru stadium last night without any issues.

Now coming to SriLankans, If they had issues about air quality why decided to whine when India were grinding them into the ground at 500/4? Why not before? They were in Delhi from past 5 days, did net practice there...why not complain to referee before the game if they were concerned about smog? They played in same smog for entire 1st day, played in the same smog for entire 1st session of 2nd day and then suddenly in lunch break they found out that Kohli is too good for them to get out. To stop any further embarrassment lets do this drama.

There were foreign Umpires, thousands of people of in the stadium, Indian players, match referees...no one except Lankan players felt the air pollution. When SriLanka halted the game 2nd time, doctors came onto the ground to inspect and declared there were no dangers to continue with the game. Umpires kept asking them lets carry on with the game but they kept interfering. Gamage was vomiting yet he was given the next over by Chandimal. Why? If someone is genuinely sick why would captain continue to bowl him? Having got pissed, when Kohli finally declared, their young players couldn't act anymore and started laughing holding their mouth. SHAMEFUL!

The funniest part is within 10 mins they came to bat and no one wore mask, all looked healthy as hell. Even weirder fact is the bowler who was struggling on field opened the innings.

I know you guys dint like India much but if you still cant see Srilanka's bluff here, I don't have anything to say.

Also, SriLanka is no angel team. They denied Sehwag a century when Sanga deliberately asked Randiv to bowl a no ball. They cheated again in 2011 WC final toss. Even in this series 1st game, they kept on sending their physio to delay the game and ensured it get timed out draw. Srilankans have habit of whinning/cheating when they cant beat the team on field. But the issue is...they are such an inferior team that people don't have time or effort to call their bluff.

India just whitewashed them in Srilanka and now thrashing them all round the park in India. Hence the whining. Perhaps BCCI should ban Kohli from playing against Lankans just for their mental health sake
Old December 4, 2017, 08:52 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Yea naach te na jaanle uthan baka. Next the Lankans will complain about the sun being too hot. Ajaira.
I have to agree to this. and I reluctantly will have to agree with shewag here, lankans are known for these. shewags point on his 99 not out incident is a good example here
Old December 4, 2017, 09:05 AM
Cricket Savant

As Athar would say, " Cricket is a game of glorious uncertainities".
Old December 4, 2017, 09:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I remember Alec Stewart (England wicket keeper) giving an interview after they were whitewashed in a tour to India and lost all test matches.

With a grumpy attitude he blamed England's poor performance due to the high pollution levels and poor food quality in India.
Old December 4, 2017, 01:13 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Even Bangladeshi players get upset stomach in India, can't fault the Pommies here.
Old December 4, 2017, 06:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Congrats Chandimal on the ton
Old December 5, 2017, 04:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I remember Alec Stewart (England wicket keeper) giving an interview after they were whitewashed in a tour to India and lost all test matches.

With a grumpy attitude he blamed England's poor performance due to the high pollution levels and poor food quality in India.
Disgraceful comments. But u can always expect to hear these sort of nonsense from English players. They aren't manly enough to accept defeat like a real sportsman and move on. This isn't the first time I m hearing this type of rubbish from English players, I'm pretty sure I've heard these silly excuses from English players quite a number of times.