facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Old August 24, 2009, 11:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

guys what happened?? any of you found a new domain name?? any new info??

Quote:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (1 members and 5 guests)
Ashraf-FTP
who are these guests?? some other not BC but FTP members??

Old August 24, 2009, 11:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I think Burgers and Turbz would be able to give us some idea. May be Rifat and Tonoy would be able too.

Any update, our national team managers?
Old August 24, 2009, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

only god knws everything nw
Old August 24, 2009, 12:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

guys,

try it from firefox....does it work?
Old August 24, 2009, 12:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
guys,

try it from firefox....does it work?
It should not.
Old August 24, 2009, 12:20 PM
Cricket Sage

like WArwolf bhai said,

a new domain name should solve the mystery.
Old August 24, 2009, 12:33 PM
Cricket Sage

tried firefox, didn't work..
Old August 24, 2009, 01:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

This thread is dead lets announce and congratulate the winner.

Who had the best team?

Was it parvez,tonoy, Rifat or was it Nadim?
Old August 24, 2009, 01:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
This thread is dead lets announce and congratulate the winner.

Who had the best team?

Was it parvez,tonoy, Rifat or was it Nadim?
Yeah, time to lock this thread
This thread became BK's spam thread anyways, he used to spam every other seconds, his ball by ball updates against bots.

Last edited by Dawah; August 24, 2009 at 01:32 PM..
Old August 24, 2009, 01:20 PM
Test Cricketer

i hope ftp did not get shut down for terrorist activities
Old August 24, 2009, 01:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

The Mentals will crush Dawah's Hawa team as soon as ftp is back!
Old August 24, 2009, 01:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Let's make this thread reach 500 pages at least guys and 20k posts so that no other BC thread can ever reach or cross our achievement!
Old August 24, 2009, 01:32 PM
Cricket Savant

That is 2 more pages and 83 more posts! I will take care of it right now!
Old August 24, 2009, 01:33 PM
Cricket Savant

If it is Ashario's wife that caused this ftp domain failure I will have a serious talk with her!
Old August 24, 2009, 01:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Let's make this thread reach 500 pages at least guys and 20k posts so that no other BC thread can ever reach or cross our achievement!
yeah, keep spamming
Old August 24, 2009, 01:34 PM
Cricket Guru

I am sure FTP will come back inshallah.
Old August 24, 2009, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

this is the worst tragedy of FTP.. no one has any idead of whats going on .. i guess ashario is sleeping atm..
Old August 24, 2009, 01:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Secondaries for Dummies

Read this while the FTP server is still down guys!

The Night Watchman
From the Pavilion news site.
Home » Secondaries for Dummies
Secondaries for Dummies
Posted on April 24th, 2009
Posted by thedon5 under Howzzat!
Right, well for this article, I thought we’d take a break from the transfer market, and take a look at another very important aspect of the game, which I feel is undervalued by too many people in FTP.

So here’s a dummy’s guide to secondaries, including tech. Enjoy .

In FTP, there are many things we categorise as a “secondary”. They are endurance, power, fielding captaincy and experience. These are what I call, “permanent secondaries”. There are also form and fatigue, which I call “temporary secondaries”. Some people would also put technique and keeping into the category of secondaries, and we will put technique into that category for this article. Please note this article is only meant for secondaries on senior players.

First, there is endurance. In the rules this is classified mainly as the energy levels of a player. So a player with higher endurance has a higher amount of energy to use during a match, and the higher the endurance of a player, the faster they recover from fatigue between matches. In version 98, a feature will be implemented which makes older players recover from fatigue slower than younger players.Note that endurance does not have an affect on fatigue gained during a match.

So, now we know what endurance is classified as, we can now look further into endurance.

A good team, getting ratings of 110 K+ currently should have almost all their players on good endurance. Some managers that do not value endurance highly will find that their players will become too fatigued to play three matches a week, a concern for any top side. So the absolute minimum any side should train endurance to on a player of their 1st XI, and possibly even their 1st XV is average. Average endurance is enough for a player to play one game a week, if they don’t play a huge part in the game, two games a week is also possible. But every side should aim to get atleast reasonable endurance on their players in the long term. Reliable would be best for senior Nat players, and capable would be best for openers, fast bowlers, and star players of your team, who must play as many matches as possible for you. For such players as lower order batsmen, spin bowlers and medium pace bowlers, reasonable is a very good level.

When on the transfer market, try and buy only players with ordinary or better endurance, as any lower level will take a lot of effort to repair.

Second, we have power. In the rules, power is classified as a skill which makes your player to be more destructive. It can help seam bowlers to take more wickets, and batsmen to score at a much faster rate, especially in Twenty20’s. However, power is not a valuable skill for spin bowlers.

A good team, getting ratings of 110 K+ currently should have almost all their batsmen and seam bowlers on decent power. Powerful seam bowlers, whether they’re medium pacers, fast-medium bowlers, or fast bowlers, will all take much more wickets when they have a high power skill. On pitches for seamers, such as sticky, green, or mainly uneven, these high-power seamers have the ability to really rip through your opponents, as long as they also have a similair level of bowling and tech to the opponent’s batsmen. On spinning pitches as well, such as crumbling or dry, high-power seamers are very useful to partner with your spinners to take wickets at regular intervals, while also keeping the run-rates down. Even on batting pitches such as flat or hard, high power seamers will go for alot of runs just like your other bowlers, but they will still do their job in whatever way they can, taking wickets to try and limit the score that the opposition can make.

For batsmen, power can be very helpful to get your batsmen to score extremely quickly. On bowler friendly wickets, such as uneven, sticky, crumbling or slow, a manager cannot expect his batsman to survive very long at all. But with power, players can score faster than they would normally, so that in the balls they face, they make more runs. On wickets that slightly favour bowlers, such as dry or green, again, power helps your players to make runs faster. On this type of wicket, if all your top six batsmen had good power, and no one player made a huge amount of runs, you can expect that with only the high power, your players managed to score 250+, or even 300+. On pitches that favour batsmen, such as flat or hard, power combined with good levels of batting and technique make a player totally destructive, and with good power against even teams of similair ability to yours, you can expect 350+. For batsmen with talents such as finisher, or boundary hitter, power can really help to make your batsmen use their talent to the best of their ability, while also score fast naturally.

For spinners, the deal on power is simple enough. It’s next to useless, so the clue is, don’t train it, and don’t rely on it . That is, only if your player is not an all-rounder…

Other than for your spinners, it is good to try and train all your players to atleast ordinary power. Any higher than reasonable is considered a very good level of power.

Thirdly, we have fielding. Fielding has no affect on anything other than the way in which your team fields. Remember, they always say, catches win matches! In the rules, fielding is stated as the skill that has an affect on the way your team catches, takes run-out opportunities, and saves runs in the field. Fielding also helps keepers though, for them to concede less byes, and to take more of their catches.

Great fielding, along with a good bowling line-up can be a sensational pairing. Just think, if the batsman has to continually face good balls, it can be a headache to deal with, and if the opposing team has a good fielding unit also, scoring runs, or protecting their wicket can be a very tough ask.

It is good to have all your players at atleast ordinary fielding. Even for keepers, ordinary is a good level to train your keepers’ fielding to, with average fielding and reasonable fielding being great levels to train your keepers’ fielding to. For outfield players, it is good to have some over ordinary as well. Reasonable or capable are considered very good levels of fielding, and average is considered fairly good.

A good team getting ratings of 110 K+ currently, should try to have half of their first XI on ordinary fielding, and the other half on reasonable or better.

When buying someone on the TM, try and buy the player only if he has atleast dreadful fielding. Atrocious is only acceptable if the player is miles ahead of your other players, as it will need to be repaired to ordinary fielding.

The next secondary we will talk about, is captaincy. Unsurprisingly, captaincy is mainly only important for your captain. A high captaincy skill for your captains can help them to do things like leading their team better when morale is low, or to make intelligent field placements. Captaincy is also slightly important for the other members of your squad, and has an affect in run-outs and other minor things.

Unlike most other secondaries, captaincy is not something that you can train, and you have to take what you get or buy. There are no strict guidelines for captaincy, it depends how highly you rate having a captain with high captaincy, but most people like to pick their XI, and then pick a captain with the best captaincy in the team, also taking into account experience.

A good team should try to have one great captain with accomplished+ captaincy, and good experience as well.

While on the TM, don’t regard the player’s captaincy level too much.

One of the most important secondaries, that contributes to every single thing a player does, is experience.

Again, this isn’t something that you can train, but it can help to make your players more consistent, and it basically just enhances your player’s abilities. For captains, as shown when we discussed captaincy, it helps to further increase their ability to lead a team. If you want your players to gain experience, you have to play them in matches. The higher the division of the matches they play, the more experience they earn. One Day matches give more experience than Twenty20 matches.

In your squad, you should try and have some players with high experience (capable or better), and some guys with very high experience (accomplished or better). Remember that whatever your player lacks in experience, they should make up with primaries or technique!

On top of all these, we have form and fatigue. They are both temporary factors, especially fatigue. A player with less fatigue, or higher form will obviously perform better than if he had more fatigue, or less form. Fatigue recovery is determined slightly by age, and your player’s endurance level. Form is totally random though! There’s not really much else to explain on form or fatigue.

Any team should hope to have their players on low fatigue, and high form.

Don’t regard form or fatigue highly at all when buying a player, although when you buy a player, you can expect their form to be a similair level to what it is at for the rest of that season.

The last secondary that we will discuss, isn’t always categorised as a secondary, but I feel that this is an important topic to address as well. Yep, it’s technique. In the rules, technique is described as the skill which has the main affect on your player’s consistency. For example, a batsman with a high batting skill, but a lower technique skill will not bat to his potential, and a bowler with a high bowling skill, but a low technique skills will take wickets, but leak alot of runs as well, making them wayward bowlers. Although technique is great, there is such a thing as “surplus technique”, which is when your player’s technique is higher than your player’s primary. If a player has surplus technique, it means that the extra technique they have is of very little help to their abilities as batsmen or bowlers.

Any team should keep all their players’ technique at the same level of their primary, or one level lower.

When buying players on the TM, only buy players with a primary/tech gap as big as two levels, with three really pushing it.

So, there you have it, an extensive guide to secondaries.

Please comment.

By thedon5- The guy who regards secondaries very highly.
Link: http://www.thenightwatchman.info/archives/287
Old August 24, 2009, 01:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Default How to get rich - without using the TM too much

The Night Watchman
Home » How to get rich - without using the TM too much
How to get rich - without using the TM too much
Posted on April 21st, 2009
Posted by triplelite under Howzzat!
This is based on my personal experience, I’m sure others have found their own ways but this is mine.

At the beginning, I was poorish, with 70-100k and it was only boosted by abit. All my competition were on the low ends of divisions.

I generally keep my players, and especially the ones that perform for my club. And I actually find this is rather important. I know a club that continuously buys and sells players, which has earned him a profit. We now have around the same match ratings, but the difference is that his team continues to fail him and he’s stuck at SOD Div 5 (Actually, that league is actually relatively competitive). So please, have a goal to aim for the top flight by not selling priceless players that would really help your squad promote higher.

———————————————— ———————————————— ———————————————— –

So ofcourse, after one or two seasons, there was really one thing that has boosted my finances and that was prizemoney. I raked up to about 600k and it was only after season 2 (about 6 months) that I bought my first player off the market. Nowadays, you can buy decent players much better and younger than your starter team from the market for cheap prices, so being market-aware can help you. For further reading, visit the other nice articles in The Night Watchmen =). So back to my life story, after all these months and weeks, my squad started developing too with the usual trainings. My younger players popped in skills fast and on the long term, they would be the best players later on. I had a few good youth pulls and sold some and attributed to my 600k in my bank.

When the 3rd season started, I decided to use that 600k in addition to my already-current spendings on academies over the 15 weeks, which added up to about 45k a week on youth academy and 30k on senior. I was losing enough money that at the rate I was going, I would have zilch in my bank account - but thats where I would expect my prizemoney for the season plus maybe a few sales of my players to help me with it.

By the end of season 3, I had 3 Keepers all around the same skills. I sold my crappiest performing one for 500k and adding that to prize money, I ended up somewhere about 800k. Now, despite the excesses with youth academy investment, I was actually getting good returns with the youths I was getting. I was still stuck in Div 5 SOD, but from season 2, I kept promoting all the way to where I am now: top flight T20 you beauty XD (no idea how i win them, I just do O_O)

Season 4 was where my Senior team was full of players without one that did not perform from what was expected (I sold the useless kids off) and at the end of the season, I won 14 senior games in a row, and now I’m continously promoting every division I’m heading off to. I’ve also got plenty of fringe players that some that won’t have a future in my 2nd XI, and I sold them off for more money. I produced about 4 U/19 Bermudan youths naths by now and 1 U/19 USA with a superior youth academy. In 2 seasons time, I’d have produced 8 more U/19 Bermudan youth Nat-stadnard (I sold a few off) and now I have 2 million in the bank, spending 93k on youth and 67k on senior academies with a total expenditure including other things, to about 270k a week. Sponsorship and gate receipts (disincluding Pavilion Cups) would earn me 150k.

So to cap it up, I’m losing 120k a week - but with Pavilion Cup gate receipts (depending how far I go) and selling fringe players I don’t need, plus with a very improved squad made out of results-driven players - you can make big profits. I’ve sold a total of $6.6million and bought $2.3mil worth of players on the TM. I’m generally not active on the market. Most clubs would have about even amount of buy/sold but going by my way of earning money, you’d be selling more than bought (in terms of $$)

To summarize:

- Get your team to the top divisions - gives you more exp for your players, more sponsorship money, more prizemoney and gate receipts too.

- Rely on your youth academy (pull general…generally better) for your input of players…can still rely on TM but I didn’t and you don’t have to if you want…unless you want a good starter team if you’re a newbie

- Prizemoney is the way to kick-start up your financial earnings

Cheers.

Any comments would be appreciated =)
Link: http://www.thenightwatchman.info/archives/265
Old August 24, 2009, 01:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Transfer Market- How to Value a Player

The Night Watchman
Home » Transfer Market- How to Value a Player
Transfer Market- How to Value a Player
Posted on April 18th, 2009
An important aspect of the transfer market is being able to value players effectively, so that each time you list someone you don’t need to run over to the Player Valuations board. The aim of this article is to help you to value most of your players by yourself, even though there will be the odd player that you need to post in the player valuations thread. Note this is in reference to valuing players in the current FTP economic situation, so it may not be useful at all parts of the season.

First, look at the player. What are his skills? Let’s say our example player has an accomplished primary. Let’s say he is this player:

Relegation from Sigiriya Material >> Ash Qadir >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) Relegation from Sigirya Material Talents Safe Hands
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Wrist spin
Wage $3,978 Rating 29,508
Nationality Australia Age 21
Form reasonable Fatigue energetic
Experience ordinary Captaincy dreadful
Endurance average
Batting accomplished Bowling dreadful
Technique reliable Power ordinary
Keeping poor Fielding ordinary

We can see that this player has decent secondaries. Ordinary power and fielding, and average endurance are fairly good, so that the buyer knows that they can successfully train up the secondaries as high as they want without it taking an eternity. The experience is at a level seen commonly nowadays in players of this skill, accomplished/reliable. He has a fairly good talent, nothing that can boost his price up though, and his wage is fairly good, telling us he is around halfway through accomplished batting and tech, or close to popping in either batting or tech, and that he recently popped in either.

From here, we can deduce that this player is the type of player you can very commonly find on the TM. This should mean that you can easily value this player yourself.

So here are the steps to valuing a common player like this.

1.Look at the player, and study him as we have already done. This should mean that we can complete the following steps much easier.
2.Make a transfer search looking for similair players. In this case, let’s search for minimum and maximum accomplished batting and reliable tech.
3.Bam, we get about 2 results of similair players, with decent secondaries and a slightly helpful talent. We see that they are similair, by seeing that
4.Look at these new players, think of the ways in which you can compare them with your player, think of what differences these players may have. TIP- When comparing the players, you may find it easier opening more than one window/tab.
In the search we made, we found these players:

German Dictators >> Adolf Hitler >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) German Dictators Talents Skilled (Batting)
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $3,871 Rating 35,508
Nationality Australia Age 21
Form reasonable Fatigue revived
Experience dreadful Captaincy average
Endurance ordinary
Batting accomplished Bowling atrocious
Technique reliable Power poor
Keeping poor Fielding ordinary

Johnny’s Englishmen >> Johnny English >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) Johnny’s Englishmen Talents Gifted (Keeping)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Left arm Fast
Wage $3,934 Rating 30,203
Nationality English Age 22
Form reasonable Fatigue rested
Experience poor Captaincy dreadful
Endurance reasonable
Batting accomplished Bowling dreadful
Technique reliable Power average
Keeping poor Fielding poor

Both are very similair to our player, Ash Qadir. Both were listed at 0, and both of these prices are not neccesarily what someone would go for on the transfer market, it is just an example.

We can see that Adolf Hitler does have a relevant talent, that should drive his price up, but lower experience, endurance and power that should slightly lower his price. Thus, he should go for slightly more than Ash Qadir. When a person is buying a player, when they see a guy with a level lower power, experience or endurance, that shouldn’t make then bid too much less for the player. Adolf Hitler is on the market right now, and ends in six hours. He is currently selling at approximately $314,000.

We can see that the other player, Johnny English, is even more similair to our player Ash Qadir. He has a level lower fielding, a level high power (slightly increases wages), a level higher endurance and a level lower experience. You could say he is close to being a copycat to our player Ash Qadir’s skills. Johnny English is on the market right now, and ends in eleven hours. He is currently selling at approximately $266,000.

Now, we are going to estimate a price for Ash Qadir using these other examples. We know that Adolf Hitler may not get many as many bids as Johnny English, since he ends five hours earlier than Johnny English. So in our example we can slightly increase the prices of both players, so that Adolf Hitler is at $350,000, and Johnny English is at $300,000. So we can approximate that our player Ash Qadir will go for something similair to these figures. TIP- Only use players at prices such as $374,317, instead of $400,00, as exact figures such as the latter can be slightly more than what the player is worth, and thus not suitable to compare with your player.

So we have approxiamted that the value of our player, Ash Qadir is $320,000.

Now, we have a few choices.

List at slightly more than what he is worth, and hope for a bid. In this case we can try $350,000-$400,000.
List at exactly what he is worth, and look for a bid. We can try around $300,000-$330,000.
List at below what he is worth, and look for a bidding war in the last day. So for this we can try $0 or $150,000-$250,000.
So now, we have valued our player ourselves in only a few minutes, as opposed to waiting days, or not getting a valuation at all on the player valuations board!

Of course, this guide will not work for players with primaries around outstanding, players with high secondaries or very young players. It may also be hard to use for keepers or all-rounders. In these cases, you are encouraged to use the Player Valuations forum.

Helpful Links-

The Player Valuations Forum - http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forum...forum.php?f=22

The Newbie Guide’s Glossary (For terminology you are uncertain on) - http://fromthepavilion.webs.com/index.htm

The Transfer Market - http://www.fromthepavilion.org/transfer.htm

Please Comment.

By thedon5- The Master of the Transfer Market.
Link: http://www.thenightwatchman.info/archives/250
Old August 24, 2009, 01:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Transfer Market- How to Choose the “Right” Player

The Night Watchman
Home » Transfer Market- How to Choose the “Right” Player
Transfer Market- How to Choose the “Right” Player
Posted on April 18th, 2009
Hello all,

Here’s a little help you could use when you are on the transfer market.

First off, a fact about the transfer market is that you can only buy players with the money you have currently in your bank account. For example, if you have only 300 K in your back account, you can’t buy someone for 3 million.

Throughout this article, we will use a hypothetical situation where you are after a bowler with outstanding bowling, but at some points, like when explaining the secondaries, we will show the importance of all the secondaries.

First, search for the player using the transfer search. In this case, since we want a player with outstanding bowling, we’ll search for all players with atleast expert bowling. If you are not happy with the search, and find too many players that aren’t good enough at first sight, narrow the search down to only include players with outstanding bowling. If you find too less players with expert bowling, search for all players with atleast accomplished bowling. If you would like only seamers, then define that in your search. If you would like players under a specific age, then define that in your search. This is a fairly basic part of transfer searching. Note that if you are searching for players around capable or reliable primaries at 20+ only, narrow your search down by adding a maximum price you would like to pay, or a maximum skill you are looking for.

Once you feel like you’ve found the right amount of players in your search, and want to find the best player on that list, order the stats of the players first by batting, and then technique. Then, analyse the players on the primaries of the player, the bowling and the tech. If you see some players who aren’t good enough, then make a mental note out of it and remove them from contention for you to buy.

Then, there are the all important secondaries. Here are important factors for all players, note that some are more important than others:

1.Endurance- Important for any player to recover fatigue, or to play in matches.
2.Fielding- Important for every player playing matches. Also helpful for wicket-keepers.
3.Power- Especially important for Twenty20’s, but also important for other forms of the game to ensure fast scoring, or wickets. Not too much important for spinners.
4.Experience- A vital factor for every player, experience is one of the most important factors for every player. Also very useful for captains. Hover your mouse over the player’s name, and the pop-up will show their experience.
5.Talents- Not really a secondary, but you can’t see these on your search page without hovering your mouse of the players’ names. Some people consider talents more useful than some.
6.Batting- Only a secondary for bowlers. Not as important as any of the other secondaries, but it’s nice to have a long tail .
7.Captaincy- Only important for a potential captain of your team. This is a small factor for a batsman during run-outs. It is good to have several back-up captains on your side.
8.Keeping- The most important skill for keepers. Not useful for any other players.
Using these attributes, order the players using these secondaries, to find in which secondaries they are strong in. In our case, we are searching for an outstanding bowler, so all secondaries barring keeping are important, and depending on the type of player we want, power, batting or captaincy may not be useful either, they will just be bonuses. So generally, we want players to be useful in atleast 3 out of 4 of the secondaries they need, or 4 out of 5, etc. A player with all his secondaries at good levels is a great player to buy, but even if one of his secondaries are weak, it can easily be trained to the desired level, so if a player is missing in one or two of his secondaries, don’t panic, and still consider them if their other skills are good.

Keep in mind also that there are different levels which we classify as good secondaries for each skill. Here is a brief outline-

1.Endurance- Average or better is considered good and reliable or better is considered great.
2.Fielding- Ordinary or better is considered good reasonable or better is considered great. The same applies for keepers.
3.Power- Ordinary or better is considered good reasonable or better is considered great. For spinners however, power is of little use, and thus atrocious or better is considered good and great if you find a spinner with great primary and technique.
4.Experience- Average or better is considered alright, capable or better is considered good and accomplished or better is considered great.
5.Talents- One good relevant talent (e.g. Yorker) or two OK relevant talents (e.g. Gifted (Fielding), Sturdy) are considered good and two good relevant talents (e.g. Skilled (Bowling) and Swing) are considered great.
6.Batting- For bowlers, dreadful or better is considered good and ordinary or better is considered great.
7.Captaincy- For captains, capable or better is considered good and accomplished or better is considered great.
8.Keeping- For keepers, capable or better is considered OK, accomplished or better is considered good and expert or better is considered great.
By now, you should have a fairly good idea of the skills available on your transfer search page, without going to the players’ pages for further info. But your search still isn’t finished yet, you must also click on the player pages of the players you have considered the best so far. Here you will find some other information also-

1.Wages- A good way of vaguely determining the sub-levels of the primaries of the player.
2.Summaries- These summarise the basic abilities of your players in the four skills, batting, bowling, keeping and all-rounder. These can also vaguely help to show the sub-levels of the primaries of the player.
3.Ratings- A number. Nothing more.
4.Fatigue- Not important in the long term.
5.Form- Only important for the current season (e.g. a player on poor form will generally stay around poor form for the rest of the season, whereas someone on accomplished form will generally stay around accomplished form for the rest of the season.
6.Nationality- Also available on the transfer search pages, these determine the name of your player (if he hasn’t been re-named) and which country they could play for if they are good enough. Some people consider these more important than others.
7.Age- Also available on the transfer search pages, a very important stat, which determines training times.
8.Batting Hand- The hand in which is at the bottom of the bat when your batsman is batting. Some people consider these more important than others.
9.Bowling Type and Hand- Also available on the transfer search pages, these are very important, as you will need several spinners and several seamers. Some people consider the bowling hand more important than others.
On the player’s page, you should check all of the things listed above.

By now, you should’ve found one, or two players that match the requirements of exactly what you were looking for. If you haven’t, check each day until someone useful to buy with your money comes up. It is ideal to memorise some sort of guidelines like this, so you know the steps to finding a player on the transfer market each time you are looking to buy a new player. Even in our case, by using this guide we found exactly what we were looking for, if not better (dedicated to our two new mods!):

Les Miserable Kobras >> Deepak Rabisultan >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) Les Miserable Kobras, India Talents Swing, Skilled (Bowling)
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Left arm Fast
Wage $9,752 Rating 42,379
Nationality India Age 20
Form accomplished Fatigue rested
Experience expert Captaincy outstanding
Endurance accomplished
Batting ordinary Bowling outstanding
Technique outstanding Power capable
Keeping ordinary Fielding capable

Usually it is best to bid on a player closer to the deadline, but early bids are not considered bad either. For non-members, early bids are good so that even if you get outbid on the player, he remains in your “current transfers” which can help to track the player easier.

N.B. If you are unsure on some of the terminology used in this article, please go to: http://fromthepavilion.webs.com/glossary.htm. This should help you on most of the terminology you will are unfamiliar with.

Also, if you feel I have missed anything about the basics of finding a player on the transfer market, message me in game and I will attempt to include further information in future articles.

By thedon5- The first person to reach the revolutionary $40 million barrier in transfer turnover 8-).
Link: http://www.thenightwatchman.info/archives/233
Old August 24, 2009, 01:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Recruiting Youths

The Night Watchman
Home » Recruiting Youths
Recruiting Youths
Posted on April 7th, 2009
Posted by Asterius under Howzzat!
Just a few points to consider when recruiting or “pulling” a youth every youth academy training update.

-Pulling general usually leads to players having good overall skills but they are useless especially when they are skilled at bowling and keeping. You should not be choosing this option.

-Looking to have a nat player? Probably pull from the weaker nat teams such as America and Bermuda. Or if you want to have a national player from your country, contact the nat manager and enquire as to whether the squad has a lack of a certain type of player. If you think you have a good prospect, either mail the respective nat manager or post it in the off-site.

-Consider what weaknesses are in your own team, look at the ages of the players whether all your good batsmen are 19, therefore you should pull a batsmen so that next season you don’t have a weak batting team.

-Look for a transfer market prospect, basically train the player in one specific skill (if they have a talent this makes things easier), often managers will jump and see a youth with a high primary and buy it.

-Probably best not to go for an allrounder, it’s better having a bowler who can bat then a batsmen who can bowl. You can always train a bowler to bat but trying to get an allrounder from scratch is very hard.

Asterius
Link: http://www.thenightwatchman.info/archives/217
Old August 24, 2009, 01:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Default How to ‘read’ a player

The Night Watchman
Home » How to ‘read’ a player
How to ‘read’ a player
Posted on October 16th, 2008
Posted by Asterius under Howzzat!
As a new user to the game or even an old one, one of the most valued and vital skills to have will be to ‘read’ a player. In other words assess your options with them, what you should train them in, where they should be placed in the XI or whether your buying a player on the transfer market. I’m going to outline the ways on how to ‘read’ a player.

Firstly you should take into consideration, the scenario you are in. An example of this could be, your team is full of old player starting to plop in skills and you are browsing through the transfer market. Would it be wise to buy another old player? Or would it be better to plan for the future and go for a youth. So on that point you would have to take into account the players age.

I’ll explain a little more about age. As we know a player will start to decrease in skills (plop) once they hit the age of 30. As well as this, as a player ages, his ability to increase his skills through training generally decreases and on top of that generally the older the player the slower they will recover from fatigue. Older players are also sold a lot cheaper on the markets which means it could be a temptation for you to get a bargain.

Now this brings me into the next topic which is wage and rating. Wage and rating are a rough indication of the ability of the player, though generally wage is more accurate. Being a wage as such it means the wage is how much the player will earn a week, thus meaning the amount of money your club will lose every week. I can’t say how much, especially for a new team having high wage players can be a burden. The wage is calculated from the overall skills of the player, but this does not necessarily mean value..

The biggest mistake and problem new and even older teams will get is buying players with a particularly high skill in one area but has not been trained well in others. What do I mean by this? I mean the players with say world class power or ridiculously high endurance or fielding are going to be a burden for your club because of their huge wage and they are practically useless. So get rid of players with a huge amount of power and low primary and low technique. Let me give you a real example.

When selecting players for your XI or buying players, the most important skill after their primary (batting, bowling or keeping) is technique. With the new rules in place as of version 84 your technique should not be higher than your primary but can be equal which would probably be a good idea. Endurance as a minimum for all teams should be at least poor. The technique should be no more than two levels below the primary and the fielding or batting (if a specialist bowler) should be taken into serious consideration. But even as important as the secondaries are the talents. So often forgotten by teams are the importance of talents. Here’s my little guide to the talents.

Skilled (Bowling) Skilled (Keeping) Skilled (Technique) Skilled (Power) Skilled (Batting)
Basically will mean whatever the players skill is, say ordinary you can assume will be almost one level higher, so it would be average.

Gifted (Batting) Will train faster in batting, unless the player is atrocious or has an extremely high bowling skill, if the player is young you should look to train them in batting. They will train faster through out their whole playing careers.

Gifted (Endurance) A bit helpful when you want to get their endurance up a bit.

Gifted (Technique) Quite a useful talent to have and will mean you can spend more time training on their primary instead of technique.

Gifted (Bowling) Only useful if the player is already a bowler or is a youth who needs to start specializing in a skill.

Gifted (Power) I don’t rate this much at all, I suppose if you want a twenty20 specialist this would be handy but even then i’ve never seen proof that power helps.

Gifted (Keeping) Only for keepers!

Gifted (Fielding) Make good use of this talent and make sure your players fielding is up to scratch (average at least)

Prodigy Arguably the best talent to have in the game, but only take this into account with youths. Remember this only means players will train faster in the youth squad.

Natural Leader The most useless talent of all, just means the player will be a level higher or so in captaincy.

Sturdy Quite good to have if you need this player to play in many matches.

Opener Is a highly valuable talent, do not forget this when choosing your XI!

Finisher People might ask what position to put a player with finisher? I would say from 5 onwards. Unless you have a rock solid top order who are only going to get out late in the innings 5 would be the place.

Spin Specialist Again with finisher this talent would usually only work towards the end of the innings when the spin bowlers come on. With this talent I would say 4 is the lowest but I suppose you could push it and put a spin specialist at 3.

Seam Specialist Think of it as an opener position, unless a bot opens with spinners, seam bowlers always open the bowling. A player like this will get the runs flowing early on.

New Ball Bowler Not to much to say

Old Ball Bowler I would say for bowling orders set your bowler with old ball bowler talent to bowl in overs 7 onwards though you could start them bowling at 6 if you were desperate.

Safe Hands A mediocre talent, you wouldn’t be placing extra bids on players because of this talent though.

Wrongun, Flipper Well if you’re lucky enough to have a wrist spinner in the first place and then get these talents you should be very happy!

Bouncer ,Yorker, Slower Ball I have a player with slower ball and I find when this talent is triggered it’s more often hit for 4 then getting a wicket. I would put this on a par with bouncer and yorker in terms of value

Swing, Good to have as an opening bowler, bowlers who bowl in the death with this can often be punished.

Doosra, Arm Ball Don’t know to much about these but I would assume it’s of equal value to yorker, bouncer and slower ball

Accumulator A fantastic talent especially as an opener, this talent is often triggered and if the player has high technique they can really stay in and provide solid consistent scores.

Boundary Hitter Exactly that, this talent can put on an extra hundred runs in the season for a player with this talent, I would suggest using players with this as a no.5 batsmen In OD and openers in twenty20s but it doesn’t really matter.

Well that’s all for this article but I’ll be back with more,

Asterius
Link: http://www.thenightwatchman.info/archives/87
Old August 24, 2009, 01:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Default BD Interviews: National Manager Jamillar Sept 8, 08

The Night Watchman
Home » Bangladesh Interviews - National Manager Jamillar
Bangladesh Interviews - National Manager Jamillar
Posted on September 8th, 2008

Posted by rabisultan under International Competitions -Nats, The 12th Man
I turn up to an aged, bar and clubrooms, in the middle of Bangladesh, the U16s are playing and I have joined the senior national manager Jamillar for an interview, who is scouting for talent. We sit down in some seats in the pavilion, a small crowd of parents and the boys, some with pads watching intently others frustrated and bored. It’s cricket and it’s Bangladesh and I’m here to talk buisiness.

So Jamillar, in the time that you’ve been nat manager, what do you think of it?

It’s been heaps of fun so far. It’s been interesting to see the different players available, I’ve mailed a lot of managers I probably wouldn’t have spoken to otherwise and the challenge of competing against some of the best FTP International teams has been a ton of fun.

What have been the major highlights of your time as manager?

From a personal perspective the highlights have been chatting to other managers and having access to the most talented Deshi’s out there. Seeing how other manager’s train their players has been interesting too.

From a team perspective the highlights would be beating India once and the South Africans twice. They’re the biggest scalps we’ve claimed so far, so they’ve been the most enjoyable.

And the dissapointments?
None on a personal level - I’ve had heaps of fun.

From the team perspective the loss to Zimbabwe was a bit of a blow, but we have a shot at redemption against them this weekend.

The 100+ run losses to Australia and India were disappointing, as was the ten wicket loss to the West Indies. The loss to the Windies was the worst in my opinion - we failed to fire in any department that day.

As a manager how would you rate your own managing performance?

That’s hard to say. I am probably happy enough managing the side and letting others judge the overall performance.

As a manager it’s easy to get little things out of matches like a tactical ploy that worked, or seeing a player perform well when over-matched or finding a lineup that seems to click. For me it’s not always about the actual result, as much as trying out different things and finding out what works and what doesn’t. Now it’s a matter of applying all that information and hopefully getting some positive results on our tour of England.

Zimbabwe is the only team to have beaten us when we had better ratings, so I guess if you put stock in ratings we’ve done pretty well.

Jaglrumndi’s epic 167 and B. Emankum’s 3-14 are just a few statistical standout performance’s from the players. But what do you think have been some of the major match turning individual feats?

There’s been plenty, Niradhara’s ton in the first match against South Africa, Ranjani’s three wickets and good economy against the UAE, Jagarlamudi’s 80-odd and Raza’s 5 fa in the second match against South Africa and Chawla and Ghorpade’s awesome spell against India in our first match, to name just a few.

South Africa… We have a great record against them and they would be close to our biggest rivals, or would that be Zimbabwe?

Hard to say. Probably Zimbabwe because we have unfinished business there for now, but heaps of other teams have given us cracking matches including South Africa and India.

How is it that Bangladesh has performed so well against them and where do you see Bangladesh against the other big nations?

I think in both our matches against South Africa the tactics we had came together really well. And a nod has to go to lady luck as well.

In our first match our bowlers did a great job of keeping the runs down on a Hard pitch, and our bats all made good work in the run chase. No batsman fell cheaply and that allowed us to to chase the total down.

In the second match Saluja and Jagarlamudi took the match away from South Africa with an inspired 150-run partnership when we were in trouble and our bowlers took us to victory.

The Banga side will likely struggle against the majority of the major nations, but not through lack of trying. We don’t have the depth and high-end talent of the stronger nations (yet), but hopefully as time passes the talent gap will shrink. With that in mind please get completely behind Banga!

What would you say are the Bangladesh national teams strengths and weaknesses?

We’re a very well-balanced side which I’d consider a strength. Our two weakest links are probably seam-bowling and fielding.

Some have called the club cosy, is there competition for selection and how many good players are there waiting for their chance outside and inside the squad?

Every single player in the 30-man squad is worthy of their spot and would play in certain specific conditions so the competition for positions is fierce indeed. The competition will only increase as every year new talent becomes available from the under-19’s.

I’ve probably developed a comfort level with ten or so players, and each of them is very likely to tour England. The final few spots in the touring party are up for grabs.

What can we expect from the side for the tours and rest of the season?

Hopefully a few victories. It’s not going to be easy because we play England, India and New Zealand, all of whom are high quality sides. We’re not going to be able to win every game, but if we could win one match in each of the tours I would be well happy with our performance.

The rest of the season should see us play some of our biggest rivals again, as well as playing any teams we haven’t played yet.

And the world cup?

Good question. I am not even 100% sure there is going to be a senior World Cup before the next senior election…

Now onto other issues, how do you think the communication between Bangladesh managers is going?

It’s hard for me to say - manager’s of Banga players would be able to give you a better answer. I can say that I’ve been able to get the information I need from the manager’s, and I have tried to be proactive in my communication.

The new mail system where I can contact all managers at the one time will be really handy though, especially with the touring squad to be announced soon. That will save me a ton of time, rather than typing up fifteen different messages.

Labrooy Leb Lions, Blazers and a couple of other teams all make up the national squad, what do you think of this and is it a case of Bangladesh relying on these big teams to provide talent? How would we be with out them?

It’s not ideal, but whilst there are a few teams with many players in the squad we do have very similar players available for selection from other clubs. I imagine the dominance of those few clubs will diminish as time passes and other clubs get lucky with their youths.

Academy Investments, what can you say, and how will that affect the youths from poorer teams to Bangladesh, most rich teams in Bangladesh aren’t pulling delshi but lifting up the average?

I can’t control it so I don’t worry about it. I also think that we, as one of the lower rated International teams, will start getting more and more youths produced for us. It makes sense really - for example it’s very very hard to crack the Australia U-19 and National teams, whereas our smaller pool theoretically make it easier for a youth to make it to the International level. That will attract more users to make produce Deshi’s which will help us in the long run.

In the meantime, support Deshi!

The U19s, who have you got your eye on for a future Bangaldesh national star?

Not at this stage - I have plenty of players to look after and think about. James will fill me in when some genuine quality is heading my way, and hopefully any manager who thinks I have overlooked a star player will contact me and let me know.

Finnaly, it’s anavoidable the cup, could you be Bangladesh’s first winner, or Labrooy?

The Pavilion Cup? There’s plenty of other teams out there in Banga that will go further than my blokes. Rift has an awesome team, the Salcette Sharks are apparently the new nuber ones here in the ‘Desh, labrooy is a tactical superstar, lcynic, xremist, EARLOBE, bobisback and plenty of others are all in the mix too.

I’d love to win it one day, but I don’t see it happening any time in the near future.

Thanks for your time Asterius and the readers, yep all two of you!
Link: http://www.thenightwatchman.info/archives/27
Old August 24, 2009, 01:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Javed bhai its over......FTP is dead....