facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 13, 2009, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfreak
.........I personally like your posts.....
Honoured . But I am sure it was your attempt to slow things down so that I do not hit back with a handful of religious lectures.

Quote:
......(the rest).....
Umm, well okay, my arguement wasn't bulletproof. But I didn't say having a belief is a must to be pious or good. But when one is within a full set of rules, and he is seen to attempt to be in those; normally an improvement is seen in a person's characteristics. And that is a more likely case than one with no belief, as he is not bound to do or follow anything. And considering Mehrab's situation, (a cricket player, always here and there, travelling, not likely to be involved in any outrageous activity) I would assume he has gone to the better side. All assumptions, no logic. So alla dhooma-dhaama enda herea.

Old August 13, 2009, 06:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful

I am thiking of opening a drop mehrab thread already for tomorrow when he will bat for 8 runs facing 40+ ballz.what do u think..?
Old August 13, 2009, 06:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
But when one is within a full set of rules, and he is seen to attempt to be in those; normally an improvement is seen in a person's characteristics. And that is a more likely case than one with no belief, as he is not bound to do or follow anything
again, the "Normally an improvement" part of your argument can't be backed up by facts, numbers or past events. and a person with "No belief" doesn't just do or follow anything; we follow our instincts that humans are fundamentally good. religion creates a Mr. Hyde, a monster that is within ourselves and then saves us from that monster. Way to self employ yourself Mr. religion! guess what? I've stepped outside of those rules, and yet to meet Mr. Hyde. The sky is not falling, I'm not eating babies yet...I'll probably still be burnt in hell for not praising my creator 5 times a day or not going to church every sunday. but u know what? I like to believe my creator is not a monster, he wont punish me for not showering him/her/it with flattery. Rather he would reward me for making the best out of the gifts he gave me. But if he's a mosnter indeed and would burn me anyway...bring it on! I refuse to be intimidated by a moster!

I don't deny or accept God...there's no way for us humans to confirm his existance or non existance! But I certainly deny the man made image of God! Religion is a choice, organized religion is a crime! It brings nothing to society but unrest, violence, unjustified arrogance, "I'm the only one right" mentality based on nothing. good people will do good things anyway, bad people will do bad. But for good people to do bad things...that takes organized religion.
Old August 13, 2009, 07:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
That could pose a big technical difficulty, specially in the area of RBW.I agree with you there, just play good cricket for us Mehrab.
Lol funny picture u made me visualize. But if that were indeed the case, I think he could tie it around his waste and create a 100% natural and organic belt for himself .

Getting to the religious topic, I personally believe its a good thing to believe. I think it guides you. A lot of people seem to think that Islam (and I am talking about Islam here since we are talking about Mehrab and not Alok) by default does not allow you to do anything and only when mentioned, you are allowed to do it. It is in fact, just the opposite. By default, you are allowed to be who ever you are unless otherwise stated. By this, what I mean to say is that its not too complicated. It basically allows you to be who ever you want to be, and it bars you from doing wrong things (Most of which are socially frowned upon any ways).

Am I a fan of Mehrab yet? No. But I wish to be one some day through his good cricketing abilities.

Am I convinced that he will keep this look and attitude or that he even has a good change in attitude and not just looks? No. Because I have never met the man and I believe these are not things you learn from media but rather if you get to meet the person and spend time with them.

So basically it is not a very important issue to me either ways.

Peace
-Mahfooz

P.s. I want to add something to this note as well. It is not anything to do with Mehrab though. A lot of people misunderstand and call a lot of things "The Islamic Dress". For men it is often referred to the Arab "Taubs" or the subcontinental "Panjabi/Kurta". There is no such thing as an Islamic dress!!! We are only asked to cover from navel to knee mandatory. What you wear is up to you! ....Again it had nothing to do with the topic, just wanted to get it out there
Old August 13, 2009, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Lol funny picture u made me visualize. But if that were indeed the case, I think he could tie it around his waste and create a 100% natural and organic belt for himself .

P.s. I want to add something to this note as well. It is not anything to do with Mehrab though. A lot of people misunderstand and call a lot of things "The Islamic Dress". For men it is often referred to the Arab "Taubs" or the subcontinental "Panjabi/Kurta". There is no such thing as an Islamic dress!!! We are only asked to cover from navel to knee mandatory. What you wear is up to you! ....Again it had nothing to do with the topic, just wanted to get it out there
Mahfooz: Your P.S. caught my attention. Here's a little nugget to illustrate a point being discussed here:

During the Hajj, in Mecca, there is this আঙ্গুল-ভাঙা পাট্টি, that patrols around (not authorized by the local authorities, of course). The Madhab they follow, says, during the salaat, at the sitting position (attahiyaatu), you must not lift your index fingure at any time. If they catch you do it, their volunteers grab and break your index fingure.

Considering the above, the Islamic-dress is a much larger, way-more-sensitive issue. Zealots can really make mountains out of moehills. There is really no limit to their rationalizations.

( I sincerely hope I'm not starting something here).
Old August 13, 2009, 07:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz_ca
I am thiking of opening a drop mehrab thread already for tomorrow when he will bat for 8 runs facing 40+ ballz.what do u think..?
paye pori vai...

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 13, 2009, 07:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Mahfooz: Your P.S. caught my attention. Here's a little nugget to illustrate a point being discussed here:

During the Hajj, in Mecca, there is this আঙ্গুল-ভাঙা পাট্টি, that patrols around (not authorized by the local authorities, of course). The Madhab they follow, says, during the salaat, at the sitting position (attahiyaatu), you must not lift your index fingure at any time. If they catch you do it, their volunteers grab and break your index fingure.

Considering the above, the Islamic-dress is a much larger, way-more-sensitive issue. Zealots can really make mountains out of moehills. There is really no limit to their rationalizations.

( I sincerely hope I'm not starting something here).
Haha, I have actually heard of this before. But I personally lived in Saudi Arabia for 17 years. Went for both Hajj and Umrah as well. *(whispers) I do raise my finger while sitting and so does everyone in my family. Nothing happened though. And now I'm safer in Canada I guess lol.

...Is that for real though billah bhai? I actually ended up believing that it was just a myth because I did personally raise my finger in all mosques that I attended and as far as I remember, most people around me did it too (including Saudis). Have you heard of any real stories? I am very interested. Please PM me if you are not comfortable posting anything here.

...And is this religious group the "Muttawa"? They are actually appointed by the government, but I don't believe they break fingers, only force you to pray :S: (which also I think is wrong btw)

-Mahfooz
Old August 13, 2009, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Screw Zealots.
Old August 13, 2009, 08:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Screw Zealots.
Correct.. Short & Sweet.. Thank you.. My thoughts exactly about all of this..
Old August 13, 2009, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
Haha, I have actually heard of this before. But I personally lived in Saudi Arabia for 17 years. Went for both Hajj and Umrah as well. *(whispers) I do raise my finger while sitting and so does everyone in my family. Nothing happened though. And now I'm safer in Canada I guess lol.

...Is that for real though billah bhai? I actually ended up believing that it was just a myth because I did personally raise my finger in all mosques that I attended and as far as I remember, most people around me did it too (including Saudis). Have you heard of any real stories? I am very interested. Please PM me if you are not comfortable posting anything here.

...And is this religious group the "Muttawa"? They are actually appointed by the government, but I don't believe they break fingers, only force you to pray :S: (which also I think is wrong btw)

-Mahfooz
I don't think it's the Muttawa. One of my siblings has been monitoring Hajj for a few years, appointed by the government of BD. The story came from that source, in the context of the discussion on degrees of fanaticism. I can always ask him for authentication...I suppose.
Old August 13, 2009, 08:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I am really afraid how this thread might turn out after today's match...

after all I_did_remember_celebration_thread...

Allah knows Best...

regardless of what happens I Love Mehrab jr...and I want him to utilize and fulfill the immense potential the man has in himself...
Old August 13, 2009, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Screw Zealots.
"Screw Zealots". Hmm....

"Clearly Confused"
"Larger Half"
"Deafening silence"

Y'know, doc...this could be filed under the....
Old August 13, 2009, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
"Screw Zealots". Hmm....

"Clearly Confused"
"Larger Half"
"Deafening silence"

Y'know, doc...this could be filed under the....
Should be. My fault. Back on topic. Should we give Mehrab a chance? Or continue with Zunaed and let's hope he does not get run out?
Old August 13, 2009, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Should be. My fault. Back on topic. Should we give Mehrab a chance? Or continue with Zunaed and let's hope he does not get run out?
2 reasons, why I think Zunaed might be dropped today.....

1. The pace scenario looks bleak, so, boost the varied spin.
2. Mehrab can bat a bit also.

Looking at the team performances so far, batting is not the worry spot, largely due to the flat deck and to inept fielding to some degree. I'll confess: I am worried about today's match. I am thinking we might even lose.

First, The Vermulen-S.Williams-Taylor-Chigumbura batting - They don't seem to see any demons in our spin. As a matter of fact, 3 of the 4 belted us pretty good in the last match.

Second, they are talking about including another quickie to help Rainsford. If these guys can direct just a few snorters towards the green helmets - big problem. Once these guys start bending their backs, anything can happen.

Statistical reality is, if Shakib had scored his famous century with even twice the number of deliveries in the last match- we would have still called it a "fantastic knock". Although, that would have meant we would have lost the match. One express train from Magura made all the difference.

The same statistical reality says, can't count on Shakib or Tamim to come good today, once again.

Hmm...may be a Mehrab-Mushfiq type late, face-saving partnership will come in handy...
Old August 13, 2009, 08:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful

Quote:
I think itz lready decide that a faltu batsman and bhua bowler will replace zunaid 2morw.
Old August 13, 2009, 08:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Billah bhai, who will open with Tamim then?
Old August 13, 2009, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Billah bhai, who will open with Tamim then?
Takla miyare jigao giya bhai, ami chintito.....
Shubida lagtase na....
Old August 13, 2009, 08:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:

I don't deny or accept God...there's no way for us humans to confirm his existance or non existance! But I certainly deny the man made image of God! Religion is a choice, organized religion is a crime! It brings nothing to society but unrest, violence, unjustified arrogance, "I'm the only one right" mentality based on nothing. good people will do good things anyway, bad people will do bad. But for good people to do bad things...that takes organized religion.
Good to know I'm not the only one on this site with similar views. I find it hard to believe that God would create man and make him the most superior creation by giving him the mental abilities we have and then demand it be supressed in blind faith to worship God.
Old August 13, 2009, 09:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Takla miyare jigao giya bhai, ami chintito.....
Shubida lagtase na....
I remember Mahmudullah opening once in OZ tour last year around the same time...

Due to Adam Gilchrist effect, WicketKeeper Opening is very attractive expecially in ODI's but too bad Mushfiq not really good with the new ball...(at least yet )

no worries...More Experience => in future!!
Old August 13, 2009, 09:07 PM
Cricket Sage

off topic: about those people beating you up for lifting your finger during hajj:

"You are one of the reasons why MANY do "thuthu থুথু to Islam these days...I want the golden super pious tolerant Muslim era back..."
Old August 13, 2009, 09:10 PM
Test Cricketer

This thread is way out of it's intended purpose. Just because Mehrab Jr. has beard......is that how we ended here?
Old August 13, 2009, 09:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
...I can always ask him for authentication...I suppose.
That would be really great billah bhai
Old August 13, 2009, 09:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Yes the thread did kind of have a side branch I guess.

But I got a feeling that the whole Mehrab replacing Z saga is just gossip
Old August 13, 2009, 09:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahadat, Zunaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
This thread is way out of it's intended purpose. Just because Mehrab Jr. has beard......is that how we ended here?
what was the intended purpose of this thread? Only Ash and Shakib has similar threads on this forum and they are by far the two most discussed cricketer on here. Mehrab doesn't even make the top 20 in terms of performance and/or fan attention. This thread was opened to stir up a religious discussion. That's what it's getting!

If the mods think any of this is inappropriate, they should edit the first post...take out the non-cricket stuff and delete all posts (Including mine) that went "Off topic".
Old August 13, 2009, 09:36 PM
Administrator

I think Mehrab sr is a better talent. Once detoxed.