facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 17, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Excuse me, but what was that video supposed to prove? Lara's dad wanted him to play test cricket, so what? Am I supposed to shed a tear?

But again, let me reiterate for the umpteenth time. I have no problems with people loving test cricket. It's just their stubbornness to accept the format's of relevance in light of the world's fast pace and economy.

Old December 17, 2012, 11:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

But we have problem if someone is not getting the value and relevance of it and hogging up net space against it. We will continue our journey till we make every negative thinkers who are under the same umbrella with Ray(i)nman, to realize, the beauty that makes the beast immortal.

Old December 18, 2012, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
But we have problem if someone is not getting the value and relevance of it and hogging up net space against it. We will continue our journey till we make every negative thinkers who are under the same umbrella with Ray(i)nman, to realize, the beauty that makes the beast immortal.

Given your lack of understanding and grasp on reality and inability to understand the topic or comprehend the point being tried to be made, typically I would let this comment slide. However, since you have called me out by name...

It is the right wing extremist conservatives that believe that their interpretation is right and the ONLY one and tend to try to bring everyone not like them under an umbrella so that they can address/change them. If thats your version of positivity, count me out.

Good luck on your journey. Obviously you have plenty of time on your hand being able to watch 40 hours of cricket in a week as well as continue on a journey to impose your view on others in addition to (i'll give you the benefit here) living a healthy, meaningful life.

The point here is the future of cricket and more importantly what is BEST for Bangladesh. I grew up loving Test cricket and still enjoy the beauty of it. But vociferous fans like you make it embarassing to admit that as the last thing I would want is someone to think I am under the same umbrella as you.
Old December 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Given your lack of understanding and grasp on reality and inability to understand the topic or comprehend the point being tried to be made, typically I would let this comment slide. However, since you have called me out by name...
My personal goal is much different than yours. Be it real or unreal has nothing to do with whether I like a certain form of particular version of a sport or not. I may like Kabadi and that does not mean that I am unable to understand reality that Kabadi is not going to be the most popular sport ever. You missed the word "stubbornness" in Roey's post I think.

Quote:
It is the right wing extremist conservatives that believe that their interpretation is right and the ONLY one and tend to try to bring everyone not like them under an umbrella so that they can address/change them. If thats your version of positivity, count me out.
Wow. You really had to bring in fundamentalism as an analogy in here. You sound like old fanatic club soccer supporters that I met from Old Dhaka. I appreciate your speech and counting you out with pleasure.

Quote:
Good luck on your journey. Obviously you have plenty of time on your hand being able to watch 40 hours of cricket in a week as well as continue on a journey to impose your view on others in addition to (i'll give you the benefit here) living a healthy, meaningful life.
If you look at the old pictures when cricket was played in GB and its colonies you will find that most spectators were old and ladies with sheds. Even now except sub-continent, the percentage of very adult viewers are high enough. Nobody is getting scared running a test series in the 21st century in a country like Australia. How do you reason that?

Quote:
The point here is the future of cricket and more importantly what is BEST for Bangladesh. I grew up loving Test cricket and still enjoy the beauty of it. But vociferous fans like you make it embarassing to admit that as the last thing I would want is someone to think I am under the same umbrella as you.
Definitely your love for cricket whether Test or not is limited to watching but never really grasping the truth behind it. All these talks about a good first class infrastructure become so stale when anybody read this part. Do you or anybody can think that you can start a career with 200+ strike rate from the get-go? As a leisure time guitarist I still envy the swiftness of some pro's and I know because of my other duties I will never be as fast as close to Van Hallen or Paul Gilbert in this particular hobby, but we all guitar players have one thing in common. We started playing slow, learning to hold different chords for hours, playing rhythm patterns unless hands got bruised, played sargam zillion times unless felt fingers got really freed.

So, you are welcome not to join my umbrella but that does not mean that this umbrella does not shed some light. BTW, your use of word embarrassment really embarrassed me. All I see degradation of quality and nothing else.

First time, .
Old December 18, 2012, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

at OW, Your yawning and facepalming only makes your comments come across more condescending.

You chose to make some generalizations and pulled my name into it so now be man enough to own up to it. I've stated my point of view a few times on this thread and if you choose to bypass them and keep focusing on items I have not stated my opinion with there really is no point of discussing this with you.

In closing, if you feel the future of test cricket is secure the way it is and in particular that of Bangladesh then there really isn't any reason for you to get riled up as what you want is happening already.
Old December 18, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Generalization was done from both sides, and when attacked the OP needed to clarify out further with few more posts but definitely the opening post was hazy. I agree using your nick was a cheap shot that I should not have done in the first place.

Cheers!
Old December 18, 2012, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Generalization was done from both sides, and when attacked the OP needed to clarify out further with few more posts but definitely the opening post was hazy. I agree using your nick was a cheap shot that I should not have done in the first place.

Cheers!
Thanks for owning up. No hard feelings.
Old December 19, 2012, 11:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Red balls have a hard feelings, white ball looks soft (neevr played with whire ball in my life).

How about Pink ball? Is it a compremize between red and white?

Red ball looks aguner gola, white ball looks baseball. Pink ball looks ...thank aar bollam na.
Old December 19, 2012, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

and so it begins....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafr...ry/597770.html
Old December 19, 2012, 10:54 PM
Street Cricketer

i dont know about test i want bd play more and more t20 even odi's are bored me.
Old December 20, 2012, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
and so it begins....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafr...ry/597770.html

Exactly. Other networks will soon follow suit.

My post was entirely practical and one geared towards making a strategical move.
I was surprised only you and Godzilla got my point.
Old December 20, 2012, 10:40 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Big Bash is faltering in second dig

Second-year syndrome hits BBL for six

Big Bash needs big bucks to survive

Old December 21, 2012, 12:22 AM
Cricket Legend

I was for ODI, not T20.
But fine, I will still give a reply to your posted links as I pick T20 over tests as well.

Your links all try to back up the the demise of Big Bash with figures this year around. But stilll one can deduce that the companies involved went ahead with their plans because they thought that the figures wouldn't be in the sorry state as they are now. So the market research had suggested that there was a possibility of success provided the promotional campaigns worked plus some other factors as well.

Now compare this with the link Raynman posted. A South African network deciding to pull all coverage of live tests matches in the future. They didn't even deem it important enough to have a checking measure in place, where figures would tell them something. They just did their market research and said No to any more tests.

Now which one paints a bleaker picture of the respective markets involved? Yeah, I thought so too.
Old December 21, 2012, 01:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Does not the same happen with US free to air networks where a large part of the Sports are relegated to Cable channels such as ESPN? Even world cup soccer games are relegated to ESPN channels - and once in a while ABC will pick up the slack when USA plays on a Sunday Afternoon. Does that mean Soccer is not important as a sport? That conclusion by itself does not follow.