facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 14, 2003, 04:19 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Kapali gone and we won't cross 100 now. Sad.

Old February 14, 2003, 04:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

6/72 c'mon Rafique
Old February 14, 2003, 04:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

There should be a law against speaking too soon.
Old February 14, 2003, 04:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Everyone hit the chat
Old February 14, 2003, 04:44 AM
Club Cricketer

sigh....82 for 7.... wonder how long we have to endure this and yet we cannot switch off the tv...pure torture.
Old February 14, 2003, 05:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well done Mashrafe....he batted a way lot than our stupid batsman...I'm shocked what happen to our batsmans
Old February 14, 2003, 06:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default OUR BOWLERS ARE PRETTY GOOD

I say this because I know the quality of Sri Lankan batsmen. They could have scored a lot more than this if the bowling was of a 2nd class standard. So far Jayasuriya hasn't hit a six.

Repeating, our bowlers are pretty good. And Mashrafe is a 2-in-1. Know what I mean ?
Old February 14, 2003, 06:36 AM
Club Cricketer

just 49 runs required for the match to be turned into another BD defeat...and the pace with which sri lanka is going,it wont be long before we r comforitng each other again...atleast this time we were expecting it.
and yes mashrafe mortaza was like a breath of fresh air.

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by samia]

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by samia]
Old February 14, 2003, 06:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Our bowlers are much better than our batsmen. Contrary was the general feeling. Also, people used to think we cannot play test matches, but I think we cannot even play ODIs. They cannot simply play out 50 overs. I am not kidding, but sometimes I wonder if we would qualify if we had to play the ICC tournament for associates again. Some teams have improved a lot.

However, after the Canada match this looks much better. Unless for non-cricketing reasons, I cannot understand why Sujon was again ignored. He is one of the fighters that we have in the team. We do not need flashy players we need those who can grind their way out, or at least try to do so.
Old February 14, 2003, 07:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default YOU\'RE RIGHT

I agree with you 100%.

Khaled Mahmud. Oh yeah.

Our selectors seem to be very much fond of "NOTUN MUKH".
Old February 14, 2003, 07:15 AM
Cricket Legend

About our top order today, I don't know what to say. They never got in, so its hard to judge. However, what the hell was Hannan doing playing an expansive drive to the first ball of the innings. He just doesn't have ANY brains whatsoever. But the dismissal I was most disappointed with was Rokon's. Having seen 4 wickets go down at the other end in the first over, he should have realized that it called for someone to play a sensible, responsible innings. And he had the perfect partner in Kapali at the other end to build something up. But, he decided not to learn a damn thing from the first over!

As for the bowlers, they are definitely better. However, the one day game is so stacked in favour of batsmen anyway, that even if the bowlers were crap, it wouldn't make much of a difference, it wouldnt be as noticeable. Test teams score 300 against each other in 50 overs, so whats so bad about scoring 350 against us? We can't be humiliated because of our bowling unless the opposition scores 400 or something.

Our batting, that is another matter altogether. Till our batsmen realize that its better to play 50 overs for about 3.5 - 4 an over than play 25 at 5.5 an over, we are going to see many more repeats of today. For Gods sake our opener should know better than to try to hit the first ball for 4. Its probably unfair to pick on one person when they all do so terribly, but I think Hannan must go. He does so much more damage than good. I just cant help feel that had he decided to block that first ball from Vaas, the whole innings could have been a different story. I just don't know what he was thinking!
Old February 14, 2003, 07:22 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

That was a perfect delivery to be blocked. Ball pitching on offstump and coming in a bit. Hannan didn't move the bat for ball's inswing and there was gap in between his feet and bat. Ball went through the gap after he had a wild drive at it. When you are an opener you must see how ball moves in first few deliveries and the adjust for those swings.

I am talking in vain....
Old February 14, 2003, 07:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

We were shouting against Sumon and he has been dropped now. What about Rokon? What good was that 177 against Namibia when he is unable to deliver when it matters the most? I have millions of questions but who will answer them. It is true we should not point fingers but what is more true is: who else do we have to substitute these people. We cried for Ashraful and what did he do! Is it really that we are not in that grade yet? May be we are asking too much of our batsmen. I don't know. All that I know is I am very disturbed.

It cannot be Kapali and Masud all the time. Why cannot at least 2 of the front line batsmen come good?
Old February 14, 2003, 07:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

123 all out, Just an improvement of 3 runs.
Old February 14, 2003, 08:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

PPl I'm really frustrated & feel teribly humiliated there is not poin of even keeping this site....There is no future of Bangladesh Cricket
Old February 14, 2003, 08:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

I totally disagree with that comment. This site should be there. As I said after the defeat against Canada. This is where like minded people - who love Bangladesh cricket - can come and share their pain. It is a place to vent our supressed emotions.

I live in a land where I cannot talk about cricket, let alone Bangladesh cricket. Even a lot of Bangladeshis do not care about cricket. These pages have given me the space to express my anger, frustration and above all deep pain.

That was only my opinion.
Old February 14, 2003, 09:08 AM
Club Cricketer

i agree with cricket46
Old February 14, 2003, 02:59 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Keeping the site

Bhai, I have been doing this for over 3 years now, with the board and everything and hadto endure the same pain you did. Three years back, I used to tell myself, it will be a different story by 2003, we will win 2 matches and give the big ones a little scare. Unfortunately, it has actually gone down. We miss QUALITY openers like Athar and even Opee right now.

I wasn't too impressed with Bulbul's comment about how this players are not as good as the ones rom his time but it looks like the guy did have a point.

Back to the site - gives us a chance to share this frusttration and never ending nightmare. It's like group therapy.

Wonder if we could get the players in here and talk to them - as straightforward as they come.
Old February 14, 2003, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

They will pick it up after the Australian Tour