facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 23, 2013, 01:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Sahih International Translation
Quote:
And do not eat of that upon which the name of Allah has not been mentioned, for indeed, it is grave disobedience. And indeed do the devils inspire their allies [among men] to dispute with you. And if you were to obey them, indeed, you would be associators [of others with Him].
Surah An'am ayah 121 (chapter 6, verse 121)

http://quran.com/6

Old April 4, 2013, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
I have a software that have the whole Quran with English translation.

If you want me to send it to you, you can pm me your email ID.

I also have a software that has informations about most of the known Prophets. Also have two Hadith's softwares.

I think some of you already have it. I've got them from a website like 5/6 years before.
Please via send me all the islamic softwares that you have
Or i have an idea, you can share and upload these in your dropbox and share us the link
So that anyone can download it if they wish to..
Old July 29, 2013, 05:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

أَلَا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ

Ala bizikrillahi tatma-innu alquloobu

“Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do the hearts find rest.” (Quran 13:28)

So Simple, yet so very powerful.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 2, 2013, 08:56 AM

I am providing an elaboration on those who are the "muttaqoon" (people of taqwa). This was the discussion that our Imam did tonight during Tarawe'eh. He gave his translation and explanation, which I found beautiful in how it captures the essence of "taqwa", the essential meaning of which is "Piety". Surah Al-Imran, ayah 134 :-

1. Those who "give/let go" [yunfiqoon] during ease [fis sarra'i] and during difficulties [fid'dwarra'i] - in the cause of Allah, not just money as charity but it also could be their time to help others, or making an effort, or any other action of goodness for the sake of Allah.

2. And who "swallow their anger" (wal kaadhwimeenal ghaydhw); not just hold anger back, but to swallow it and remove it.

3. And who forgive their fellow people out of love (wal afiyina anin naas)

4. For Allah loves those who 'excel' (Wallahu yuhibbul muhsineen) [and also as in 'excel' in everything that we do... even as a janitor sweeping the floor]

We hear so much about Taqwa, and yet this simple ayaat shows us the true beauty of taqwa.

And it follows from the words "afiyina anin'naas" as well that the dua for Lailatul Qadr is "Allahumma innaka Afuwun Tuhibbun Af'wafa Af'wanni - Allah loves to forgive and He is the lover of forgiveness". To be a person of Taqwa, we have to forgive for love - that is one of the criteria.

btw, don't bother reading the interpretation of the meaning given at Quran.com because that is just a horrible translation that does not even bother to literally translate the arabic words used in the ayaat.
Old August 2, 2013, 09:47 AM

I also want to discuss "Taqwa" based on what our Imam has often discussed with us in his Khutbahs. Simplistically we often say Taqwa is "fear", but that is a very shallow translation of the word. You could say "Piety" is a closer meaning. But even that does not seem to encompass what Taqwa in its literal conceptual sense is.

A literal understanding of Taqwa as a concept is as "a covering, for protection" like what your blanket or garment is against the cold. And Allah says many times "Ya Ayyuhallazeena amanu'taqullah" which literally translates as "O you who believe, fear Allah [as he should be feared]" right? But in the sense of the word Taqwa as a covering for protection, Taqwa means "Be mindful of Allah and take heed of His protection and take it as a covering". That is how you have taqwa, not by "fear" alone or by "piety" alone.

And from my above post, Subhan'Allah, the muttaqoon, the people of taqwa are described so beautifully in that Ayat.
Old August 3, 2013, 01:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

^Excellent posts, Ammar!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 3, 2013, 01:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark

btw, don't bother reading the interpretation of the meaning given at Quran.com because that is just a horrible translation that does not even bother to literally translate the arabic words used in the ayaat.
Before Rifat and others take umbrage to the post, I must share that ironically it is a very insensitive way to put it. I'd be instantly deemed as an Islamophobe had I made that comment.

Perhaps "insincere" would be a suitable replacement than a brazen "horrible". Although I know quite nothing of Qurandotcom or it's translation. :-]

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 3, 2013, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Perhaps "insincere" would be a suitable replacement than a brazen "horrible". Although I know quite nothing of Qurandotcom or it's translation. :-]
Interesting point. When I saw the translation at Quran.com it annoyed me, that's probably why I said it's "horrible". I dont want to judge sincerity of their purpose, I think they are probably quite sincere in their own way, but their one line translation does not even begin to convey the spiritual depth of the ayat. Nor do they provide the literal translations of the words used, but they try to give you their interpretation of it. I can forgive them for it, but I wouldn't want others to take just mine or their (Quran.com) interpretation for it, when there's much to be discussed and understood about it. I actually have similar reservations about the green copies of the Holy Quran that the Saudi government foundation distributes for free everywhere. Their interpretations are intensely offensive and shallow many times.

The mystique of the Qur'an is much like how Lesley Hazelton describes her study of the Quran to be, The tourist in the Qur'an is not just her, but all of us who try to comprehend it.

----
Also note how that one ayat I discussed above doesnt mention "taqwa" directly, its the preceding verses in Surah Al-Imran that talks about Taqwa and the Muttaqoon, and its in that context that this ayat explains who are the Muttaqoon.
Old August 3, 2013, 10:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
The mystique of the Qur'an is much like how Lesley Hazelton describes her study of the Quran to be, The tourist in the Qur'an is not just her, but all of us who try to comprehend it.

That really is a beautiful way to put it. I watched the video before and bookmarked for later.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 3, 2013, 11:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Very good explanation Ammar bhai. I always thought of the literal meaning of 'taqwa' as 'fear'. But now through your point I see where 'piety' is coming from. That is why it is very important to read the Tafsir of the verses rather than word by word explanation.

Recently, I was listening to the tafsir of Surah-Asr. One of the shortest surah in the Quran, with only 3 ayahs, and the tafsir is 3 hours long.

Allah opens the surah saying, "Wal 'Asr", which literally translates to "By time" (from quran.com). But the word Asr has more meaning than time in Arabic. It is used for the time that is running out. The word "'Asira" means the last drop of juice when someone squishes a fruit. It is the final drops of water when someone squeezes a wet cloth. So Asr means that almost end part of the day, and when Allah is swearing by that it captures the urgency of the word and the entire Surah.

I think quranexplorer.com does a better job in translating.
Old August 4, 2013, 06:32 PM

^^ Mufi, Sura al-Asr is my favourite surah. It is concise, but it lays open a lot to be hopeful about

~~ Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim ~~

1. Wal Asr, - Allah swears by this vanishing final hour

2. Innal Insaana La Fi Khusr - Surely mankind is at a great loss! This is the most compelling statement...

3. Illal Lazeena amanu, - Except for those who Believe (in not just Allah, but the Final Hour as well leading to the Day of Qiyamah, of belief and acceptance of the whole 6 articles of Iman)

4. wa amilus swalihaati - They who Persevere

5. Wa ta waw saw bil Haqqi - for the Truth! Subhan'Allah this one word 'Haqqi' includes so many things. a. Allah is al-Haqq. b. We look to the previous phrase regarding Iman, and thus the Believer acknowledges the Tawhid of Allah, and that Allah is al Haqq, the Quran and the other scriptures are haqqi (true), the prophets and the messengers are haqqi, the angels are haqqi, the afterlife - the day of reckoning, heaven and hell are haqqi, and we have Qadr (predestination) in our lives - that is also haqqi. c. Being true and living with truth

6. Wa ta waw saw bis'Sabr - And those who persevere in Patience. Subhan'Allah - Patience is of equal importance to the Truth. The Patience to persevere, the patience to withstand hardship, trials and calamities, the patience to seek and succeed, the patience to hope and to reject doubt, the patience for justice. the patience for certainty, the patience for sincerity, the patience for mercy and to be merciful, the patience to hold back anger.... the list is endless!
Old August 10, 2013, 02:55 PM
Cricket Sage

JazakAllah khairan Brother Ammar for the explanations, I agree with you totally. Translations more times than not do not do justice to the real meaning of the qur'an.
Old October 21, 2013, 07:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Say, "None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allah , and they do not perceive when they will be resurrected."
Sahih International

Surah 27(An-naml/ant), Ayah 65
Old November 17, 2014, 10:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life. And know that Allah intervenes between a man and his heart and that to Him you will be gathered.
Sahih International

surah anfal, ayah 24, chapter 8, verse 24
Old November 18, 2014, 12:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat

Sahih International

Now would elaborate this ayah please..
Old June 10, 2017, 01:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

https://quran.com/25/77?translations=20
Say, "What would my Lord care for you if not for your supplication?" For you [disbelievers] have denied, so your denial is going to be adherent.
surah Furqaan, ayah 77 (25:77)
Old June 10, 2017, 01:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life. And know that Allah intervenes between a man and his heart and that to Him you will be gathered.

Sahih International

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
We as human beings are not perfect. Many people fail or struggle with most of the tests and trials that we go through. There are many many many instances of many good believing people straying off the straight path at times. There are many who at times does not offer their 5 daily prayers/fasting in ramadan although in the past they used to. Allah's signs are all around us, within us. creation of the heavens and the earth is enough for us to reflect and ponder over. Allah created us to worship him. that is our purpose. Think of these signs as a "wake-up call". it can be in the form of a death of a family member or in the form of anything else in any way shape or form it's the sudden realization for a human being that he is here on this earth, this life, everything it serves a purpose. This is what I understand to be the meaning of "O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life".

When the human beings commit sin(disobedience to the orders of Allah), stains are accumulated in the heart and over time the sin upon sin upon sin makes the heart go hard to the point when you don't feel anything, you are deprived of goodness. the words of Allah(Qur'an recitation) does not move you to tears. Listen to your inner voice. The true source of happiness and success both in this life and the hereafter is in the firm obedience to Allah subs wa ta'la. This is what I understand to be the meaning of "O you who have believed, respond to Allah and to the Messenger when he calls you to that which gives you life".

I believe this ayah is specifically calling those people to return to Allah so that the dead hearts can be revived. True Belief lies in the heart.

Allah knows best!
Old June 10, 2017, 03:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Rifat I know you are very religious and fairly moderate,have you thought about being an Imam.
Old June 10, 2017, 02:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Rifat I know you are very religious and fairly moderate,have you thought about being an Imam.
Thanks brockley . Yes I have. Imam's have to deal with a lot of stuff besides leading the 5 daily prayers and giving sermons and teaching community. Imam in the United States and also to some extent in UK, Australia are counselors, marriage experts, legal experts. there is such a massive need in our communities for Imams to get certified in many many things to serve the needs of community. The whole burden of your community is on your shoulders and you can't afford to mess up. You represent the religion of Islam, you represent your community. Once I am ready, God willing i can go that route. For now, I am very happy churning out software code . Being an Imam can be very stressful at times though it has its nice perks but at this stage in my life I still think I have tons more to learn and grow before i take upon such responsibility.

If i do become an Imam, I would also like to continue with some form of programming/coding/self-sustainable income. All the work I want to do is for God, nothing else.
Old June 11, 2017, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Good stuff Rifat.
I started theology at Charles University,struggled and pulled out.
I know Imams are trained through Charles Sturt University in Canberra if you interested.
You know your stuff,and you seem balanced in your views,why not give it a shot.
I know the Imams here have a rep of putting their foot in their mouth,you could do better than some of these Imams here.
Old June 11, 2017, 10:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Thanks brockley . Yes I have. Imam's have to deal with a lot of stuff besides leading the 5 daily prayers and giving sermons and teaching community. Imam in the United States and also to some extent in UK, Australia are counselors, marriage experts, legal experts. there is such a massive need in our communities for Imams to get certified in many many things to serve the needs of community. The whole burden of your community is on your shoulders and you can't afford to mess up. You represent the religion of Islam, you represent your community. Once I am ready, God willing i can go that route. For now, I am very happy churning out software code . Being an Imam can be very stressful at times though it has its nice perks but at this stage in my life I still think I have tons more to learn and grow before i take upon such responsibility.

If i do become an Imam, I would also like to continue with some form of programming/coding/self-sustainable income. All the work I want to do is for God, nothing else.
Good luck Rifat. You will be a very good Imam. You have a very good knowledge of the Deen and I always learn something new whenever I meet you.

I don't agree with your every political stance but I do admire you as a person. One of the most honest and simple person I ever met. BK bhai is another.
Old June 12, 2017, 03:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:

Sahih International

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Bold part:
We will be living two lives. One here in this world and the other in the hereafter. This worldly life is a deception. This is a testing ground where one's work is being recorded. The hereafter is a permanent one. One finite and one infinite. The finite one is now you can feel (this world). The infinite one is in rain-check which is a promise by our Lord, Owner of All Worlds. If you work for finite and not work for infinite one, then you will be ending up trying to get the pleasure of finite life only. 70-90+ years vs infinite. No comparison actually. Better living in the hereafter is TRUE LIVING. There is only two places we can end up in the hereafter. Intense punishment or our Lord is satisfied with us. Intense punishment for eternity wouldn't equate to any sort of living. It would be infinite death sentence. So, the only other way to have a life in the hereafter is to make our Lord satisfied of what we do in this world. That is living. That gives true life to our soul.

How to get a better living in the here after? "Respond" to Allah Subhana watala and his Messenger. Well, Allah don't talk to us directly and Messenger (PBUH) is not present to guide us. So how would we know when to respond, what to respond to?

You respond to injustice when it occurs. You respond to poor who is in need (Money, time, speech, effort). You respond to saving animals, so brutality doesn't occur against them. You respond to defend Allah's religion when there is a need. You respond to calamities to help others. These responses are rightly recorded on how to execute, in the Quran. Leave the disbelievers to your Lord. Your duty is to only convey the message.

This is what I understand. The back ground of these verses were when the Prophet (PBUH) was calling people to defend against the imminent Quraish Attack. The then Muslims were suppose to give money to prepare for the conflict, and when the time comes join the troops. The reward was a better life, true living in the hereafter.

Allahu Alim.
Old November 15, 2017, 12:45 AM
Cricket Sage

طه - 20:1

مَا أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْقُرْآنَ لِتَشْقَىٰ - 20:2

Quote:
Ta, Ha.

We have not sent down to you the Qur'an that you be distressed
https://quran.com/20/1?translations=20

Surah Tua-Ha, ayahs 1-2, Chapter 20, verses 1-2
Old November 19, 2017, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Surah Al-Alaq (96)

(The Clot)

1. Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists),
  2. Has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood).
  3. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous,
  4. Who has taught (the writing) by the pen [the first person to write was Prophet Idrees (Enoch)],
  5. Has taught man that which he knew not.
  6. Nay! Verily, man does transgress all bounds (in disbelief and evil deed, etc.).
  7. Because he considers himself self-sufficient.
  8. Surely! Unto your Lord is the return.
  9. Have you (O Muhammad) seen him (i.e. Abu Jahl) who prevents,
  10. A slave (Muhammad) when he prays?
  11. Tell me, if he (Muhammad) is on the guidance (of Allah)?
  12. Or enjoins piety?
  13. Tell me if he (the disbeliever, Abu Jahl) denies (the truth, i.e. this Qur'an), and turns away?
  14. Knows he not that Allah does see (what he does)?
  15. Nay! If he (Abu Jahl) ceases not, We will catch him by the forelock,
  16. A lying, sinful forelock!
  17. Then, let him call upon his council (of helpers),
  18. We will call the guards of Hell (to deal with him)!
  19. Nay! (O Muhammad)! Do not obey him (Abu Jahl). Fall prostrate and draw near to Allah!
full tafsir can be found here: https://www.quran411.com/surah-alaq.asp
Go at the bottom and click on Tafsir.