facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 9, 2015, 07:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

like I said at the beginning of this tournament, we're gonna get england and we're gonna teach them a lesson! and we did!! the world will now believe in us!

Old March 9, 2015, 11:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Congrats Bangladesh Cricket Team
Thank you for the win.
Thank you for your hard work.
Thank you for the team-effort.
#JobWellDone #WeAreProudOfYou
#NextStopSemi-Final
Old March 10, 2015, 03:57 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Special shoutout to the commentators, (except Raza with his no input, kept bringing in freaking Pak into this. Different day, different game, different teams, different group!) for making this game even more memorable. Top class commentary, the best I've heard in any sports, in a long time. And the fact that 4 out of 6 of those commentators were English says how fair and professional they were. It helps that we were playing well but I'm not talking about whether they were being nice to us or not. They were able to capture the game nicely with their voice. Love hearing Hussain's voice during those 2 last outs and Tamim's drop on highlights.

Hussain/Bumble - great as usual during crunch time.
Atherton - had the most knowledge about our players.
Knight/Moody - during those middle overs were very soothing.
Old March 10, 2015, 04:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
like I said at the beginning of this tournament, we're gonna get england and we're gonna teach them a lesson! and we did!! the world will now believe in us!
Not Yet I'm afraid. You lose the next match poorly, this win will be framed with the upset wins.

And it's not because, they should respect us, if we win, we will respect ourselves. Honestly do you rate ourselves with one win, as respectfully as other TetNations barring Zim? The day you will do that, they will follow...so we actually don't need to crave for others respect, we need to be able to respect ourselves first.

We need to win/Make them sweat to win...more against established teams, for that. Well as a fan we expect, we are almost there, but we haven't proven that infield by doing. So let's wait for consistency before we demand respect... With every win we shouldn't start crying for respect, this is becoming too funny. We are begging around respect everywhere..
Old March 10, 2015, 04:34 AM
Test Cricketer

English commentators who commented during this match were top notch.
Old March 10, 2015, 05:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
Dear future kids, your mummy was there when all this happened. :')
Lucky you, sis.
Old March 10, 2015, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Congratulations Razi

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Congrats Tiger Razi!
Thanks dear Obayed bhai and Simon, hopefully this is just the beginning of many good things to come for the Tigers InshaAllah!
Old March 10, 2015, 06:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

No one giving shakib credit fod the run out
Old March 10, 2015, 06:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I think its because they lost to Bangladesh in the final match that decided their fate, the media+press+fans are being so hard on them. If the last game was Australia/New ZeaLand I think the media might have notched down on the extrem bashing.

England/Aus/NZ have this mentatlity that we are still dood bhaat. Indian media used to do the same until BD team started playing competitive with them.
Old March 10, 2015, 09:37 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Or the running catch, right at the edge of the boundary. That was not as easy as he made it look. I've always thought that Shakib is quick in the field - when he wants to be. However, I've noticed that he tends to amble when the pressure is not on.
Old March 10, 2015, 01:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I saw a pic of Tamim and Mash looking furious probably after a wicket fell, did something happen ?
Any words exchanged between English play rs and us when we were bowling?
Old March 10, 2015, 01:22 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
I saw a pic of Tamim and Mash looking furious probably after a wicket fell, did something happen ?
Are you talking about this?

Old March 10, 2015, 01:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Amar shonar bangla
ami tomai bhalo bashi
Old March 10, 2015, 01:34 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
yeah, it was J. Root.

Still pissed after getting a punch in the face by D. Warner on a night out during the Ashes last year
Old March 10, 2015, 01:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Or the running catch, right at the edge of the boundary. That was not as easy as he made it look. I've always thought that Shakib is quick in the field - when he wants to be. However, I've noticed that he tends to amble when the pressure is not on.
Or For Keeping the bowling pretty tight from his end, although he didn't get any wicket, that was vital ...

But there were so many huge performances from others to talk about .. His contribution is being covered under team work.
Old March 10, 2015, 01:55 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
He didn't show up with the bat. He was avg with the ball. But his fielding made the difference. That catch and the run out were two turning points of the game.
Old March 10, 2015, 02:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight
Are you talking about this?

no, that pic was more violent :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
yeah, it was J. Root.

Still pissed after getting a punch in the face by D. Warner on a night out during the Ashes last year
why, what was Root's problem ?
Old March 10, 2015, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
why, what was Root's problem ?
Root's problem was they were about to get upRooted from the WC!
Old March 10, 2015, 05:24 PM
Cricket Savant

^hehe,that makes sens ,
and look at Tamim, he volunteers everytime there is a jhogra jhati, same as Koheli & Warner.
Old March 10, 2015, 06:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
How are you my friend. Thanks for logging in. yes, we did perform today!!
Sure, thanks man. i just log in now and then. you guys catching up to your potential atlast . So we are meeting in the QF huh !. You know a lot of us talk about BD cricket team and inside scoop 3 players are feared the most. Mushfiq the little monster, Shakib of obvious reasons and Masrafe .. i think he is kind of like the Kapil Dev of 83 or Imran khan of 92. So whats the deal with him ? he is soooooooo patched up and his leg the other day looked like a mummy's. Fix him up good boys .. too many injuries huh ?

How are the other old timers ? you know way back from 2007/08 period

Cheers and may the best team that day win !
Old March 10, 2015, 06:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padosan
Mushfiq the little monster,
I know of another littler monster who is just as chirpy as Mushy: Tyrion Lannister.
Old March 10, 2015, 07:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

England has very quality players: Bell, Root, James Taylor, Jos Buttler these are quality batsmen.

Their biggest disappointment/tactical blunder this world cup: picking Gary Ballance and that too at #3 who clearly doesn't wasn't ready for this challenge, Morgan off-form(BIG_TIME) at #5. Apart from the New Zealand game(I can't say they played poorly that match because Southee had a once in a lifetime type spell and McCullum not much you can do), and leaving aside the Bangladesh game, England screwed up big time against Sri Lanka and Australia....

Moeen Ali impressed in patches, but there were a couple of times where better judgement(including the Bangladesh game where his needless run out helped Bangladesh) would have helped his cause to a substantial score rather than the quickfire odd 20s. Bell was looking good, solid. England has quality bowlers too, but nothing exceptional. Stuart Broad needs to be dropped. Steven Finn impressed but unluckily dropped. Woakes is ok. I mean their bowling has serious limitations(very one-dimensional)...If the pitch does not assist seamers, then England Bowling lineup is not that scary anymore despite playing with four promising seamers.

What impressed me most about Bangladesh is that the guys showed a lot of heart and a lot of character. I LOVED how Mortaza and team management planned for every single batsmen, we did our homework, this was a totally professional display of cricket. Taskin got a little nervous at the end, but he is still very young. The seamers bowled in the right areas especially in the middle overs. Ma Man Arafat Sunny impressed except the last two overs. overall, the most impressive aspect of Bangladesh's game was even though they were 10/2, they showed enough patience, application and grit to hold on and push England at the back foot. I loved how Mortaza rotates bowlers and I personally do not mind the over rate because this was such a clutch game that you can see Mortaza advising our pacers and you see guys like Shakib and Sabbir constantly engaging and supporting the bowlers. One of the best aspects of Mortaza'a captaincy is how is constantly aware of the match situation and how he is very proactive. It makes sense that as a captain, you constantly have to create new plans and constantly have to move guys around the field, which was really encouraging to see. Shakib took a brilliant catch to dismiss Morgan. You can clearly see that the guys did their Homework which largely contributed towards defending an okish total on a completely placid track.