facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 11, 2009, 02:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib
Default adding insult to injury

I was so hoping today I was going to go work late after watching Mash getting a crack at his KKR captain B. McCullum. Ah, but instead a short handed Kiwi side crushed the Irish today with both bat and ball. No Vettori, no Ryder, no Taylor.

Shows that the Irish came fully prepared with their eyes purely set on Bangladesh. Kudos to them as they accomplished their mission with very little resistance.

While we were dreaming big about the semis and showing calculations how we were more likely to make the SF over the Indians and mocking those who wanted to remind that the Irish beat us in 2007 and shouldn't be taken lightly, the Irish came to the WC prepared.

Had they done anything of note today it would be easier to swallow and say they are now a better team than us. But the ease with which the Kiwis slayed them it disheartens me to know that we repeatedly don't show up for matches when it counts, hoping to catch the odd wins by catching our opponents by surprise.

So far, the ONLY win that we have under our belt of note (where the opponent was under pressure to win) in a significant match is the IND game in 2007. Even that has an asterisk, because all India had to do to overcome that defeat was to defeat SL in their game and then their would be no 2nd round and no win against SA and no loss to Ireland.

Ah...if only.....

Old June 11, 2009, 10:01 PM

Ha! Ha!! Love the "if..." stuffs!!!
Swopner moddhe swopno dekhar moto er ki...!
Old June 12, 2009, 01:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Yes we lost a great chance...no doubt Irish team is the worst side in the super 8...
Old June 12, 2009, 03:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

irish have been poor excepy that BD match so far.

we were roaring to much of beating india.....................

and the irish were determined to beat us
Old June 12, 2009, 04:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Those Irish wannabe's are creepy specially Johnston, Rankin and K OBrien.
Old June 12, 2009, 04:30 AM
Banned

crap if only Ash has deployed the spinners instead of Rubel and Mash we would had a chance to win....if only....
Old June 12, 2009, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Too late to think about the what ifs. BD should have focused on beating Ireland to proceed to the super eight. Instead, they and the fans had this dream of beating India and focused on this, whereas, Ireland did the maths. They knew that they will be beaten by India, and India will also beat BD.,so focus on BD. BD focused on India. and it fell apart. They were under pressure to win the match against Ireland. I feel that if they had played Ireland first, they would have won.

Now, if they had progressed, they might have won at least one game. Ireland will get smashed in all the games and will play worse cricket than BD against the bigger teams.
Old June 12, 2009, 06:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Too late to think about the what ifs. BD should have focused on beating Ireland to proceed to the super eight. Instead, they and the fans had this dream of beating India and focused on this, whereas, Ireland did the maths. They knew that they will be beaten by India, and India will also beat BD.,so focus on BD. BD focused on India. and it fell apart. They were under pressure to win the match against Ireland. I feel that if they had played Ireland first, they would have won.

Now, if they had progressed, they might have won at least one game. Ireland will get smashed in all the games and will play worse cricket than BD against the bigger teams.
Spot on sis.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 12, 2009, 03:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickey
crap if only Ash has deployed the spinners instead of Rubel and Mash we would had a chance to win....if only....
sakib or razzak could have been used easily and he could have tried to get kevin o'brian...
Old June 12, 2009, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
sakib or razzak could have been used easily and he could have tried to get kevin o'brian...
yes we could do that. but our ramgopal captain massed up everything. i cant still belive, bd lose to ireland. as like as a loser in the feild. o brien hit 3 sixes against mash...come on. and ash, saqib didnt took the resposible of the team.
Old June 12, 2009, 03:23 PM
Banned

i just want a new captain. instat of ash gopalvhar. but i belive, bd will fight back when aftab,alok,and rafiq will be back in the team. and we need to change musfiq too. he is worst kepper i ever seen in bd team.
Old June 12, 2009, 08:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohalBD
i just want a new captain. instat of ash gopalvhar. but i belive, bd will fight back when aftab,alok,and rafiq will be back in the team. and we need to change musfiq too. he is worst kepper i ever seen in bd team.
Definitely brilliant! gopalvhar's craaazzy!

Last edited by bujhee kom; June 12, 2009 at 08:13 PM..
Old June 12, 2009, 08:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

When you try to solve harder problems first instead of focusing on the easier ones this is precisely what happens. Shame on Ashfool and his gang.
Old June 12, 2009, 09:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

Guys Check this out-
http://prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.det...wMDg0&mid=OA==

This is not looking good.
Old June 12, 2009, 10:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, (was) Aftab

All your thoughts bring me to the very point that next time BD goes to play a minnow team should not forget to pick the minnow basher "Shahriar Nafees". I know he was banned for this WC20-20 but this was another if ...only...but.

We poor fans are trying our butts off to raise BD's game. I really feel sorry for us.
Old June 12, 2009, 11:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashie
All your thoughts bring me to the very point that next time BD goes to play a minnow team should not forget to pick the minnow basher "Shahriar Nafees". I know he was banned for this WC20-20 but this was another if ...only...but.

We poor fans are trying our butts off to raise BD's game. I really feel sorry for us.
SN - The Minnow Basher LOL, we do really need him for the minnow haha
Old June 13, 2009, 12:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Shakib in his press conference confessed that it was his fault. He could not reach double figures in the group matches but he was trying to defend about returning early in the hotel before the Irish match. Whatever he says now I find it difficult for someone like Shakib to take all the burden on his shoulder.

There were other players who made bigger mistakes. He did not mention his bowling which was above average. Its turning more and more precarious.

http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2009/06/13/news0198.htm
Old June 13, 2009, 02:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Kichu Bujhlam Na.
Old June 14, 2009, 04:19 PM
Banned

HOLLY CRAP! today SRilanka were in deep pile of ****, there were almost all out ajantha mendis hit 4 which kevin o brien dropped!...... they were set until they deployed... spinners murali and ajantha...... they are bad in spinners but play pace comparatively well........ SL was in **** but they salvaged the game and won by meagre 9 runs.
Old June 14, 2009, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

I think that SL underestimated the Irish just like BD. I hope that Pak. is not complacent against them. It is amazing how NZ crushed them, but were hapless against Pakistan,
Old June 14, 2009, 08:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I think that SL underestimated the Irish just like BD. I hope that Pak. is not complacent against them. It is amazing how NZ crushed them, but were hapless against Pakistan,
If you dont take IRE seriously they WILL beat ya. SRL could loose semi birth for their poor showing against IRE.
Old June 15, 2009, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Poor captaincy once again by SL, they will have to put up a great showing against SA to keep their place.
Old June 15, 2009, 08:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Who knew we'd be foolish enuf to completely underestimate Irland and not take them seriously, us being bangladesh. Otherwise I wouldn't have said we could have gone to semis. If we really were serious, I still think we'd have had a chance. But since its our team, I look like a complete moron in expecting this.

And India has been kicked out Raynman. Even without Australia. I was never expecting win against them 1st game, but did expect the boys to turn up with their brains for the next one. Too much to ask?!!
Old June 15, 2009, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Nahaz, my dig was not directed at you specifically. It was in response to those who were sure we would beat India purely on the fact that we beat them in 2007 and thought it was laughable when it was reminded that IRE also beat us in 2007 and we shouldn't look past them.

I also mentioned in many other posts that winning two out of NZ, PAK, SL was not beyond reason and I thought our chances of Semis were more realistic than in any other time before.

But I guess we're destined to mediocrity, at least until Ashraful retires another 15 years from now.