facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 2, 2005, 02:36 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default McInnes speaks out at last

The wait-and-see policy of the Bangladesh Cricket Board forced the Under-19 team coach and BCB High Performance manager Richard McInnes to seek a new job hurriedly before ending his tenure, confessed the coach to New Age.

The coach finished his last mission with the Bangladesh team on May 1 in Australia by the last match of Under-19 team against Tropical North Queensland which his team won by 61 runs. The Bangladesh under-19 team which contains many under-17 players in the squad dominated the Australian opponents during the month-long tour winning 9 matches out of 10. The only match the colts could not win was a tied game against Reg QAS squad. The hard-working MacInnes, who worked 70-80 hours a week and one of the masterminds of the five-year strategic plan of the BCB says he will miss the teenagers in future.

It may be recalled that the Bangladesh Under-19 team beat the defending champions Australia last year in the plate championship of U-19 World Cup under McInnes which perhaps influenced the Australian academy to lure him away from Bangladesh.

‘It is disappointing to leave now with the new team showing so much promise for the 2006 U-19 World Cup in Sri Lanka. I will be watching them very carefully and offering assistance and support whenever I can,’ said McInnes to New Age after completing his contract with Cricket Australia.

‘My contract (with BCB) was due to expire in September of this year and no discussions had taken place in relation to renewing it. September is a bad time of a year to be looking for work in cricket circles in Australia, as the season is about to start and all positions are usually filled, hence the decision to end my contract a little early to accept this new position,’ he said.

‘I have accepted a very good position and offer from Cricket Australia to work within their elite programmes at the Centre of Excellence,’

‘I have received very good support from the BCB allowing me to implement the programmes I wanted to and attain some of the results we have,’ added McInnes.

‘There are still so many things that need to be done in Bangladesh cricket, but I would like to think that I have made a positive contribution and that the structures and systems I have put in place with the HP (squad) and Development programmes can be carried on by my successor and the other local coaches within the programme,’ concluded the successful coach.

NewAge >>

Old May 2, 2005, 02:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Thanks coach.

It would be nice if we could send a couple of our kids to those elite programs with you.
Old May 2, 2005, 02:42 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

If offering a deal in April, instead of September could keep him, then this is a loss for BCB. I wonder if they had any idea about what the coach wanted!
Old May 2, 2005, 02:54 PM
Cricket Legend

I suspect and speculate a bit of tardiness on the part of BCB.?
Old May 2, 2005, 03:34 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
I suspect and speculate a bit of tardiness on the part of BCB.?
Nothin new I am afraid!

Its a shame Mciness has to leave us. He has done a great job with the team on all levels. He is brilliant at his job and respect goes out to him. BD cricket will miss him.

I hope he will leave pointers for the new coach and I also hope whoever succeeds him is as good as him if not better.

Thanks Coach. and good luck!
Old May 2, 2005, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Location: āĻŽā§‡āĻ•ā§āĻ¸āĻŋāĻ•ā§‹'āĻ° āĻ•ā§Ÿā§‡āĻ•āĻļ' āĻŽāĻžāĻ‡āĻ˛ āĻ‰āĻĒāĻ°ā§‡

Very radical but very pleasing to me would have been McInnes got offered Whatmore's position by BCB while Whatmore was dragging his feet on the contract renewal.

Of course this is too bold (and too drastic) to be practical, especially where Whatmore is such a good coach (not to mention high profile).

Dreaming aside, I see a real possibility that McInnes returns to coach the national team in 5 years' time.
Old May 2, 2005, 04:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sauron
Very radical but very pleasing to me would have been McInnes got offered Whatmore's position by BCB while Whatmore was dragging his feet on the contract renewal.

Of course this is too bold (and too drastic) to be practical, especially where Whatmore is such a good coach (not to mention high profile).

Dreaming aside, I see a real possibility that McInnes returns to coach the national team in 5 years' time.
yes, i fully agree. mcinnes should be targeted as the new national league coach after whatmore. with whatmore we should make more progress, which should lead to increased revenues. part of that revenue should be spent to get mciines back. i think he is one of the few guys that is worth any amount of money he demands.
Old May 2, 2005, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

yeh thanks and congrats for what you have done for bangladesh cricket and best of luck for the future!
Old May 2, 2005, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Location: āĻŽā§‡āĻ•ā§āĻ¸āĻŋāĻ•ā§‹'āĻ° āĻ•ā§Ÿā§‡āĻ•āĻļ' āĻŽāĻžāĻ‡āĻ˛ āĻ‰āĻĒāĻ°ā§‡

Also, I know this is a very subjective comparison and may draw some pointed comments ... ... I really really really wish that some of McInnes' obvious love of the team would rub off on Whatmore.
Old May 2, 2005, 06:26 PM
Test Cricketer

i want to thank coach mcinnes. he has done a wonderful job with the boys. enamul haque jf, shariar nafees, shahadat hussein, nazmul, nafis, aftab, rana all were coached by him. it is shame that BCB didnt take any action to keep him. as a fan of bangladesh cricket i am very dissapointed on our cricket board. because he is a professional and he needs to feed his family. when a coach does a good job as he has been doing we need to extend his contract to try our best to keep him. we cannot renew a contract when the old contract is over. i believe this was a big mistake. but i wish mcinnes best of luck in his coach career. hope someday to see him coach a senior cricket team.
Old May 2, 2005, 07:58 PM
Club Cricketer

We should all consider ourselves lucky to have gotten two of the very best coaches during one of the most crucial periods of Bd cricket history. Coach Mcinnes has really done a lot for the future go-getters of our national team and I wish him the very best for any other job that he may go for...
Old May 2, 2005, 08:51 PM
Test Cricketer

coach,
I'm angry that the BCCB didn't try to keep you. But wish u all the best. Please don't coach the aussies too hard, because their team is already good enough.
Old May 2, 2005, 09:28 PM
Cricket Legend

well,
i would have loved to write this post in bangla. but as this is an international post i think i should write it in english.

thank you very much coach. it was nice to have you with us. hope you enjoyed your stay in bangladesh and hope you had a great time with our booming youngsters who are now blossoming because of the great care you have taken. wish you all the best for your future activities.
Old May 2, 2005, 10:27 PM
Test Cricketer

McInnes has my vote for our national team coach. He not only coached cricket he implemented a vision which worked for our HP team. When high profile coaches are casting doubt on our ability, McInnes showed us that we can do it. He has gone extra mile to arrange fund for our boys to go abroad and play. Who else has done so much for Bangladesh cricket?
Old May 2, 2005, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

good point added by shujan. actually most of us missed this important point of raising fund so that boys can go to play abroad. this is a really good initiative. even any bangladeshi coach has never done something similar to this for our cricket i think. i may be wrong though.
Old May 2, 2005, 10:53 PM
Test Cricketer

He was trying to raise money in this web site. That was really impressive.
Old May 3, 2005, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

It was a typical example of miscommunication. This time it's between BCB and MI. If BCB was not knowing about MI's worry, then we cannot blame them. But it could have been excellent, if BCB could guess MI's worriness and take immediate action. But, it's too late now.
I want to thank our Coach MI and request him to be with us in this forum regularly and share his views with us.
Old May 3, 2005, 10:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

I don't think it is too late. At least I hope it isn't coach!.
I hope BCB learns its mistake (if there is any) and reopen any closed communication channel.

I think McInnes is our key for next generation of cricketers. He is only in his early thirties and I think he has a lot of potential for the next 20 to 30 years.

BCB needs to think in that range!!!

Azim
Old May 3, 2005, 11:16 AM
Street Cricketer

We must thank Mr. McInnes for his contribution to our cricket. However, I want to mention one point:

We know that coach McInnes is leaving us, as far as I remember, from early april. Which imply that he started talking with the other party at least from february. Which is almost 8 months from the termination of his contract with BCB. It is a long time. I don't blame BCB. I think McInnes did not give BCB enough time to reconsider his contract.
Old May 3, 2005, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

yes we should think about about MI being our permanent coach for the next 10-15 years. that post should be like a permanent post for him. he has done an impressive job. and as he already knows a lot about our cricket structure and about our under 19, 15 teams like that he is going to be the best coach for bangladesh within a couple of years when dave will leave us.
Old May 3, 2005, 02:09 PM
Test Cricketer

A great job McInnes. Well done! Thats what I call a commited coach. Hope you reap more success in your future assignments.