facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 23, 2013, 03:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry C.Gayle has this issue facing bowlers that take's the ball away, He struggled with Mashrafe also in recent WI series, Don't see how this video proves his good, Nazmul Hossain. In fairness, he deserves a full series.

Old April 23, 2013, 03:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Neither I like a wholesale change nor the teenagers in the block. All the players should be selected on the basis of domestic performance. In tests all the batsman should have the ability to play long innings.
For now only name come to my mind is Naeem. He is a person with limited ability who give value to his wicket. Which is necessary to our team.
Old April 23, 2013, 03:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
So Nazmul gets edges and stuff right?
yes, if batsman plays the wrong line he can induce edges, and also if batsman misses the line in an in swinger he can bet bowled and lbw's for his favour.
Old April 23, 2013, 04:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
Sorry C.Gayle has this issue facing bowlers that take's the ball away, He struggled with Mashrafe also in recent WI series, Don't see how this video proves his good, Nazmul Hossain. In fairness, he deserves a full series.
Couldn't find anything else..thought this would give the slightest of ideas to BP.
Old April 23, 2013, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Definitely should have Nazmul in the team then
Old April 23, 2013, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Definitely should have Nazmul in the team then
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
Old April 23, 2013, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
what's so funny? lol
Old April 23, 2013, 08:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
what's so funny? lol
Gayle?
Old April 23, 2013, 11:51 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Does Nazmul get a lot of swing?
He can swing, has variations, but most of all, is our most accurate bowler. But, he does not bowl over 130 kph or so. This is completely unacceptable to our selectors. As a result, he never got an extended run. It is difficult to perform when you know that you could be pulled next match.
Old April 23, 2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
We all know he is accurate. That doesn't answer my question. If he can get swing on Zim wickets and be accurate as well then he might be a real threat to the batsmen.
I believe he has a good outswinger.
Old April 23, 2013, 12:00 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Nazmul er career sesh...don't hope to see him with green an red for at least next 15 months
Old April 23, 2013, 12:02 PM
Cricket Sage

We should always introduce new hungry players. Sometimes it looks like our fat cat superstars are getting too comfy with their position in the team.

I can understand when they get out cheaply and causllay in on einnings, but two innings? That's not accpetable. I would rather see Mominul, Naeem, Marshal, Anamul struggle than these superstars who doesn't looks too serious or thetened by their stupidity.
Old April 23, 2013, 03:04 PM

I want to see Marshall and Mominul in the team if the current players are not cutting it. No player's place in the team should be safe. I don't want knee-jerk reactions, but repeated failures should result in losing a place in the team.
Old April 23, 2013, 05:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i'd still stick with jahurul for a little bit, riyad needs to be replaced right now with mominul and get another pacer in there instead of rubel. ash holds his spot for a bit longer to as the #3 spot has been troublesome and ash has actually done quite decent there recently. shakib is coming back from injury, nasir has just had 2 really good series in a row, mushy got that double but otherwise has been inconsistent. spinners are fine.
Old April 23, 2013, 05:35 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
For me (just my thought and opinion)

Nazmul - Need him urgently. Look at meth, not fast at all but accurate, we desperately need that. Dont know why he was dropped for the final of Asia cup. Seemed like getting the wickets of Dilshan and Sanga was a mistake.

Taskin - Our pace department will depend on his young shoulder. A must for the New Zealand series.

Babu - Has an aggressive action and is quite nippy. Looks good maybe he is matured and ready now. Anything over SRK is good. Can be a pinch hitter too. What did management and selectors see in Abul over him?

Ayub - Why wasn't he given a chance? I mean he has runs under his bag and deserves a shot. Has mentality of building a long innings unlike Riyad.

Anamul - Need him in our XI wouldnt mind him at 4 in test. Could be easier for him when the shine his gone a bit at 4 knowing his footwork is limited.

Shabbir (T20s and ODI) - Why was Zia picked and not him? Has a technique that is easy on the eye and plays best at 6/7 with a stiff rr. Just what we need in shorter formats.

Your thoughts??
Agree...
Old April 23, 2013, 05:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricbook
Agree...
yeah they are all good picks. also look at the kamrul's and keep sajidul around for the pace unit. shuvagata should be developed for the batting as should soumya and asif. but certainly would be good to see nazmul, taskin and babu, though robiul has to be there and sajidul should play the next test to decide his spot for that series.
Old April 23, 2013, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

It's annoying how our pacers keep getting injured
Old October 6, 2013, 08:36 PM
Cricket Guru

ASIF AHMED

they need to give this kid more exposure, get him into the A team. he's 20 years old, a top order batsman (where we are struggling atm), he's played 23 FC matches and has still managed to keep his FC average a bit above 39, 4 tons, 6 half tons, strike rate of 71. he has been poor in the shorter formats, record doesn't lie but let's give him some A team chances. we don't get that many who average close to 40, this young and for this long (4 FC seasons). we're pushing guys like anamul, mominul etc, why not asif? he actually had (still does) a better FC record than mominul before mominul jumped up to the test team and mominul was getting quite a few A team chances before that so why doesn't someone like asif ahmed who has been performing since he was 16, in a position that we are struggling to find competent players in, get a chance in the A team?

he's useful with the ball as well by the look of it.

i'm not saying he's the 2nd coming or anything but surely he's done enough to see some A team action, at least in longer format matches?
Old October 9, 2013, 07:11 AM
Banned

Naeem Islam jr and Taizul one of them will replace Razzak in few years time.
Old October 12, 2013, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Asif Ahmed has been such a massive disappointment in my books. Absolutely woeful fall from a very good start to his career.
Mossadek Hossain looks promising. Nazmul Hossain Shanto, too early to tell anything. But as for now, why the hell is Rubel getting picked, I'll never know.
Old October 12, 2013, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Asif Ahmed has been such a massive disappointment in my books.
Asif Ahmed, Aftab Ahmed, Ashraful Ahmed, Anamul Ahmed - shob bhai bhai. Members of the same Clemon Indoor Cricket team, led by Jahirul and SN and coached by Mohsin Kamal. Given this superstar filled batting line up, Riyad is having a hard time finding an opening in the XI, now that his international career is over. He's good at carrying drinks and extending a dry towel though.
Old October 12, 2013, 05:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Asif Ahmed has been such a massive disappointment in my books. Absolutely woeful fall from a very good start to his career.
Mossadek Hossain looks promising. Nazmul Hossain Shanto, too early to tell anything. But as for now, why the hell is Rubel getting picked, I'll never know.
he's still averaging almost 40 in FC cricket, very disappointing in shorter formats that''s for sure.

mossadek looks very promising and like you say to early to tell with nazmul hossain shanto.

rubel is the new shahadat, i reckon he's getting picked based on his pace and his previous performances/skills he's shown. however rubel actually has a very good list A record, so still useful for ODIs maybe but his FC record has always been poor.
Old October 12, 2013, 11:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Its tough to make comment about players whom I haven't seen. So I am making comment about whom I have seen.
1.I have faith on Naeem and Omi. Both have very limited ability but they are hard working.
2.I am hopeful on Anamul for his good reflex.
3. Riyad is a talented batsman but his mental setup is poor. He will be out of scenario unless he improves his responsibility.
4. I like Elias Sunny for his loop and nagging line and length. May be he will come back in test cricket.
5. Robiul will cement his place in test cricket.
6. I loved Al Amin on the very first day when I saw him in BPL. He will be good in short format. Never seen him on long format. So can't comment about tests as he is not an express bowler.
Old October 12, 2013, 11:16 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Next test e Anamul and Tamim ke bad deowa hok. and maybe for ODI series too. Both r useless

Lets bring back Nazimuddin and SN.
Old October 12, 2013, 02:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Exactly my question!