facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 24, 2013, 01:45 PM
Cricket Legend

I want to see Mominul in the XI, may be he can bat at Ash's position, if Ash has to play then he should open. Thats it. This Ash guy is just like a moron, nothing else.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ

Old March 24, 2013, 01:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Inshallah we will bounce back in this match.
We usually tend to do well when our back's against the wall.

যদি লক্ষ্য থাকে অটুট, বিশ্বাস হৃদয়ে,
হবেই হবে দেখা, দেখা হবে বিজয়ে।
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 24, 2013, 01:58 PM
Street Cricketer

You guys need to remember that if you wish to bounce back, you need to do the basics right, in ALL departments. Your batting was great because it outlasted our bowling if I'm being honest. We should have bowled you guys out for max 230 cus mathews dropped that dolly.

Our fielding was not good, infact mediocre. Your fielding was ok, but not great. You guys need to bowl just outside offstump to offstump line for a pacie. It's the only way to get wickets and build pressure. If you looked, Dilshan drove sweetly through the offside if the ball was either pitched, full or wide of offstump. Even full on offstump, will let him drive. Bowling straght to him does not help, because he will work you off the pads and hook/pull.

Don't you guys have pacies who can bowl around a good line and length consistently with pace. If not swing? Not bowlers from test squad? If you get a wicket or two early, it will put us on the backfoot.

The only thing positive that came out for you guys is ur batting. Nothing else.

Watch out for opening pair cus they WILL decimate your bowling if u dont get the basics right.

Plus, all of you guys blamed the generator breakdown for your loss. The generator breakbown happens and it's natural. When you play cricket, you do get these things. Now, in the end, SL's batting proved to be the deciding factor in that game.

Good luck. quote me if you wish to reply.
Old March 24, 2013, 02:01 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz

Well, you need to do well, by winning ODIs consistently without being put under pressure. YOU should be putting us against the wall.
Old March 24, 2013, 02:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyLankan
You guys need to remember that if you wish to bounce back, you need to do the basics right, in ALL departments. Your batting was great because it outlasted our bowling if I'm being honest. We should have bowled you guys out for max 230 cus mathews dropped that dolly.

Our fielding was not good, infact mediocre. Your fielding was ok, but not great. You guys need to bowl just outside offstump to offstump line for a pacie. It's the only way to get wickets and build pressure. If you looked, Dilshan drove sweetly through the offside if the ball was either pitched, full or wide of offstump. Even full on offstump, will let him drive. Bowling straght to him does not help, because he will work you off the pads and hook/pull.

Don't you guys have pacies who can bowl around a good line and length consistently with pace. If not swing? Not bowlers from test squad? If you get a wicket or two early, it will put us on the backfoot.

The only thing positive that came out for you guys is ur batting. Nothing else.

Watch out for opening pair cus they WILL decimate your bowling if u dont get the basics right.

Plus, all of you guys blamed the generator breakdown for your loss. The generator breakbown happens and it's natural. When you play cricket, you do get these things. Now, in the end, SL's batting proved to be the deciding factor in that game.

Good luck. quote me if you wish to reply.
good post
I think we are saying the same thing as u said, difference is you are using the second person plural & we are using the 1st person plural.
But I think you are generalizing when u say we blamed the generator breakdown for the loss,
but ya most of us are actually blaming it for taking away some momentum from us, not saying that we would have won it but Sri chasing 260 would make it a lot more interesting for us.
Old March 24, 2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyLankan
Well, you need to do well, by winning ODIs consistently without being put under pressure. YOU should be putting us against the wall.
We surely lack good pacers to put you under pressure. Unfortunately, I do not see how we could push you against the wall unless Razzak and Gazi bowls their best...

Anyway, welcome to BC LeftyLankan. Enjoy your stay.

And just a note for you that we, Bangladeshis and members at BC are fans of your team too.
Old March 24, 2013, 03:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Lets stick to chasing (if Mushy can win the toss). I have a feeling we are more comfortable doing that.
Old March 24, 2013, 03:29 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
We surely lack good pacers to put you under pressure. Unfortunately, I do not see how we could push you against the wall unless Razzak and Gazi bowls their best...

Anyway, welcome to BC LeftyLankan. Enjoy your stay.

And just a note for you that we, Bangladeshis and members at BC are fans of your team too.
Thanks. Now, to put pressure, a team needs to do the basics right and stick to their guns. When ur batting, conditions might be similar to that off last ODI, if batting first, i would advice you to post 300plus. Our batsman will stand no chance. Sanga is certified ball eater!
Old March 24, 2013, 03:32 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.
Lets stick to chasing (if Mushy can win the toss). I have a feeling we are more comfortable doing that.
Agreed. We struggled to contain you for fewer runs in 1st ODI
Old March 24, 2013, 03:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

all the best boys. play like a winner, Insallah the success will be ours.
Old March 24, 2013, 06:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz

Well said.... Espacially when they know they will lose anyway... reason of not having big guns.... To me moron selectors need to understand that..... Momi should be in the team ... If they hav to drop riad... Thats fine... Ash thats fine too ... But we gota play our best... Whom r nailing there self to play good.... Johi n anam wil open, n momi wil be onedown... Now chose ash or riad between them???
Old March 24, 2013, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

So bhais! The big question is do we have eleven fit players to play this match?
Old March 24, 2013, 08:42 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
good post
I think we are saying the same thing as u said, difference is you are using the second person plural & we are using the 1st person plural.
But I think you are generalizing when u say we blamed the generator breakdown for the loss, but ya most of us are actually blaming it for taking away some momentum from us, not saying that we would have won it but Sri chasing 260 would make it a lot more interesting for us.
It is hard to say who might have been affected more, but Dilshan clearly was not. Would our pacers have bowled better? I doubt. But, both Razzak and Gazi's failure to bowl well was surprising. Unless they bowl well next match, we have no chance.
Old March 24, 2013, 08:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
It is hard to say who might have been affected more, but Dilshan clearly was not. Would our pacers have bowled better? I doubt. But, both Razzak and Gazi's failure to bowl well was surprising. Unless they bowl well next match, we have no chance.
we are doomed...important batters are missing...bowlers bowling crap...spinners losing it...what on earth happened to our team and on top we lost all key players due to injuries!!!! God plz save us
Old March 24, 2013, 09:04 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Toss is becoming a huge factor under the current conditions. I hope Mushy calls it right today
Old March 24, 2013, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

At the moment, all I can feel about this match is "doom and gloom". But in the past also when I had similar feelings, BD won surprisingly from nowhere. I hope this is another similar day and BD will produce a win out of nowhere.
Old March 24, 2013, 09:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCup11
At the moment, all I can feel about this match is "doom and gloom". But in the past also when I had similar feelings, BD won surprisingly from nowhere. I hope this is another similar day and BD will produce a win out of nowhere.
If you are expecting an "out of nowhere" win, then it's not an out of no where win. They just cancel themselves.
Old March 24, 2013, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

"Out of nowhere" means, something appears suddenly (without warning) .

Based on last match defeat and without Tamim, BD is not producing any warning for Srilanka at the moment.
Old March 24, 2013, 10:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

i think bangladesh will win today or will be defeated very badly
Old March 24, 2013, 10:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
They bowled poorly because our pacers gave them no support at all. Can't expect our spinners to do everything. Pacers have to play an important part as well
Old March 24, 2013, 10:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCup11
"Out of nowhere" means, something appears suddenly (without warning) .

Based on last match defeat and without Tamim, BD is not producing any warning for Srilanka at the moment.
But deep inside you think, and you feel Bangladesh has a chance dont you? Don't you? well there goes that win. You jinxed it.
Old March 24, 2013, 10:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Shamsu is the replacement. I wonder if he'll play today.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 24, 2013, 10:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

is our Super H(Z)ero Shah(Rukh)adat Hossain Rajib going to play today.

i heard he has learnt a lot during his short return in BD after being sent back after tests ???
Old March 24, 2013, 11:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
i heard he has learnt a lot during his short return in BD after being sent back after tests ???
Where?
Old March 24, 2013, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Where is Rabiul? He is a better bowler than SH I believe. Why we didn't pick him for ODIs? Anyone knows?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ