facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 26, 2011, 01:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
it's serious if it is true. depression is the easiest thing to fake, no one from ICC is going to get a shrink to check you up for fear of hurting your feelings.

of course, you have infinite trust in ECB and co's truthfulness, I don't.
You cannot accuse someone of lying without proof. But you are free to believe whatever you want. Personally I believe Sachin Tendulkar is a drug cheat and a ball temperer. But my belief has exactly as much validity as yours.

Old March 26, 2011, 01:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^ya and i believe BCCI is running this wc..and will make Ind win it as a gift for sachin!..Beliefs have no validity without proof..but i'm free to believe what i want
Old March 26, 2011, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

^^ I hope they do get the trophy.

ah jonas, isn't 'accusing of lying' a rather heavy way of putting it ? I didn't say they were lying btw but they might have used a loophole to change a player. a very important distinction but I doubt you are one for subtleties. the world is black and white for you, isn't it ?
Old March 26, 2011, 09:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Can we all stop being so emo and get over it? Yardy emo or not, they simply just wasted money on a fat worthless fool to bring him all the way down here for a day. Now they'll have to pay for his flight back home. As if they actually had a chance to make the Semis. pfft..
Old March 27, 2011, 02:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Freddie Flintoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Can we all stop being so emo and get over it? Yardy emo or not, they simply just wasted money on a fat worthless fool to bring him all the way down here for a day. Now they'll have to pay for his flight back home. As if they actually had a chance to make the Semis. pfft..
Yardy is a useful Twenty20 cricketer. He played a big part in England Twenty20 World Cup truimph.
Old March 27, 2011, 04:03 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Yardy is a useful Twenty20 cricketer. He played a big part in England Twenty20 World Cup truimph.
By fat worthless fool I was referring to Yardy's replacement, Rashid. I had the word "Indian" there, but removed it before hitting "reply".

But since you bring that up, I don't think Yardy is that good in ODI. ESPNCI article summed it up pretty well.
Old March 27, 2011, 03:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Its pretty depressing to see you guys are fighting over a depressing matter of a depressed cricketer couldn't take it any longer and took an even more depressing long flight back home only to see a even greater depressing loss in the hands of the Lankans.

Had he waited couple of more days, he could have flown back to his country with 15 of his buddies, making his depressing long flight less depressive. But the most depressing part is that some bloke had to fly all the way to Colombo, only to take the next flight back home.

Now, thats really depressing.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old March 27, 2011, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Adil Rashid has not played against SriLanka. Baseless accusition.
Old March 27, 2011, 07:37 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Its pretty depressing to see you guys are fighting over a depressing matter of a depressed cricketer couldn't take it any longer and took an even more depressing long flight back home only to see a even greater depressing loss in the hands of the Lankans.

Had he waited couple of more days, he could have flown back to his country with 15 of his buddies, making his depressing long flight less depressive. But the most depressing part is that some bloke had to fly all the way to Colombo, only to take the next flight back home.

Now, thats really depressing.
what a depressingly cheering post!
Old March 28, 2011, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
I find most of your posts witty and funny...but this one was in poor taste. I know what you meant. White man implies rich people in general and it's a disease of rich people. But it's a very wrong impression. Or else there would be no mentally depressed people in Bangladesh.

And Neel please do your research before surmising falsely.
Zee, sorry I have to pull this thread from the dead as I have been gone for a couple of days only to find out today that I got a warning from BC for being uncivilized.

Yes, you are right, I meant exactly how you stated and in fact I was going to write that only to be interjected by my coworker; so I didn’t bother to write the rest or even check how I spelled “disease” and see what has happened since then. You thought it was of poor taste, some thought I was being a smartass and what not…..but I was just being sarcastic.

Going back to your point why it was a wrong impression that depression is only rich people’s disease: yes, it’s a bit of generalization but when people in Bangladesh say that Blood pressure is a rich-man’s disease they or the saying in Bangladeshi context don’t really mean people who are rich only has blood pressure. What it actually means is in a poor country like Bangladesh only rich people can afford to find out that they have a simple issue as blood pressure (though it’s not the case anymore as healthcare is more accessible now days but the saying or the witty meaning of the saying lives on). But by no means high blood pressure is simple and people can have strokes, as my mom did (who is not rich), but would that saying be demeaning to my mom? No, it’s just a saying and one would hope that people who lived in Bangladesh or had Bangladeshi cultural influence should understand that if they didn’t then one cannot blame them, but since it’s Banglacricket, I thought it would be appropriate to say something funny in Bangladeshi context…..especially with the way English team is going back and forth with their fatigue issue based on their performance after each match.

But I do know we Bangladeshi are sorta emotional and take things too seriously. I know my personality often clash with that as I tend to joke around a bit and I could also come across too direct. Anyways, the fault is mine since I am in a public forum full of Bangladeshis…peace.

Old March 28, 2011, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Honestly some of you are pure idiots. Having seen first hand what depression did to my mom, those who call it white mans disease can go **** yourself. Ignorant smartasses.
Bancan, I would like to apologize if my post, which came out before my knowledge of your mom suffering from it, had hurt you in anyway. As I said in my reply to ZeeshanM, it was supposed to be humorous because of English team’s attitude toward this whole Worldcup debacle where they weren’t quite sure whether it’s their lack of ability or the effect of too much cricket was the reason for their lackluster performance. I thought it was the whole English team that looked depressed and depressing throughout the WC….so the news of Yardy packing his bag before the rest of the team was a bit funny.
My statement was taking a poke at the English team not their race, though it may have sounded that way, and in no way I was making fun of the disease depression it self. Sincerely sorry for whatever you had to go through in your life.
Old March 28, 2011, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I am sorry I snapped. The way you worded it made it seem like you are making fun of depression. Lets move on.