facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 11, 2003, 09:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Bilkis gone!! yes

Hooray...now we need to show real profesionalism withe their tail

Old February 11, 2003, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

excellent fielding by hannan to get rid of bilcliff before he got his 50. sanwar had some good figures - 26-2

i know what you mean by shamim chowdhury. but as you say, his only redeeming feature seems to be being able to speak english. could he have done some homework before the tournament and used this opportunity to shine? i think so, but he was probably too lazy to prepare for it.

hey, are you watching pakistan. their scoreline is similar to canada's, who will do better?

goodf to see masri come back.
Old February 11, 2003, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Billcliff GONE!

Billcliff run out for 42! 135 for 7 after 37. Hopefully we will bowl them out for below 170!
Old February 11, 2003, 10:14 AM
Cricket Legend

masri bowled 84.2 mph on that last wicket

cn we get them under 150?
Old February 11, 2003, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Bagai GONE!

Masri gets his second, this one bowled as well!
Old February 11, 2003, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Default kapali

for once he is not getting smashed. bowling very well indeed. having these llrounder spinners give bangladesh an edge at least against the weaker teams. how well does kenya play spin?
Old February 11, 2003, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

finally rafiq gets a lbw call
Old February 11, 2003, 10:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Rafiq in on the act

Thurasingam out LBW to Rafiq. 159 for 9!
Old February 11, 2003, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

masri was taken off after getting his wicket. now we have 2 spinners - here goes pilot again.
Old February 11, 2003, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

spectacular catch by tapash off manju in the last over. too many runs for canada for my liking, but at least we got them all out, everyone got wickets. the spinners bowled 30 overs, may be a first?
Old February 11, 2003, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Default pilot\'s interview

what the heck did pilot just say in his interview? wish he would slow down when he speaks in english.
Old February 11, 2003, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Default 180 all out!!

We bowled them out for 180, we should have got them earlier. Anyway, not a bad bowling performance by BD overall. Our three spinner combined bowled 30 overs and took 4 wickets for only 79! That is brilliant, hope they can take this form into the next couple of games. Monju was his usual consistent self. Tapash was very expensive, and Masri got hit for a few boundaries as well, but I am quite happy with our performance on the field. Now, we need to go out there and get these runs with minimum wicket loss.
Old February 11, 2003, 10:58 AM
Banned

In my opinion, they are 20-25 runs in surplus. Looks like our name brand bowlers cannot get minnows out for under 150 or so. How much has really changed ? I hope the batsmen make up for this with no more than 2-3 wics lost.

With this bowling, SL, WI, SA are going to eat us over lunch ! Only consolation is that maybe they lost their inspiration at the end, but its not that we had already posted 300+.

Masri's sundries are too much for comfort.

Hoping for a 85+ score from Rokon.
Old February 11, 2003, 11:15 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I am not happy. We should have restricted them to 160 runs. Bowling was pretty crappy today, with too many wides. Rafique's wides were unbearable. Masri wasn't bowling too fast, put on some sort of straps on knees. Anyway, Canada got some 30+ runs by just being lucky.

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by nasif]
Old February 11, 2003, 11:18 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default 30-40 runs surplus

The spinners did a great job but would someone explain to me why a seasoned campaigner like Rafique bowled those wides when there were NO PRESSURE on our bowlers ? Seriously, what gives ? Masri got hit for a few 4's but most of them were just lucky nicks. I expected more speed but after watching the speed of other "BIG' stars, his 83-87 does not look too bad. He just needs to hit those woodwork or atleast aim for it.

Manju did not look that impressive. case in point, he couldn't even bowl to line against the two tails and almost went for a 6 before Kapali came and rescued us from more embarrasment.

Watching Sattaur (someone called him a threat after looking at Canada's prepraration match scorecard) bat was excruciating. If we kept him till the end, Canada would have been all out for 140-150. Haven't seen such a parar cricketer on international pitches. Even his own tailenders looked more comfortable out there. Also, he looked like he's a motel owner with grown kids.

Kapali - bravo ... Sanwar - all rounder ? Maybe not, but di dbetter then Rafique when it came to line and extras. However, none of them could generate much turn (pitch maybe?), thank god Canada has such bad players. On that note, it's a shame that the match went into the 50th over and their last wicket scored 21 runs. Awful shame. If we batted first and had a good lead, I would have given tapash another chance to redeem himself.

Fielding was very good except for that first run. The fielder got the ball and casually threw the ball back into the 30 yards (not to a teammate) and they scored couple of extra runs. Canada's indecision and our speed got the better of their two promising (not age wise) players. Good to see none scored a 50. Now, all matches till this one had a centurian so it's turn for someone to keep up the tons. This can't be the only match without a century, can it ?
Old February 11, 2003, 11:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Potential centurions

...and scenarios....

1. Al-Shahriyar comes in to bat...and blasts the G8 nation back into stone-age....

2. Habibul Bashar comes out of his shell...and confounds everyone..

3. Ehsanul finishes the 'unfinished ton' after a couple of early hiccups...

4. Kapali is left to pick up the tab with Captain Cool after a familiar top-order collapse...

aahhh...delicious....
Old February 11, 2003, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

It is obvious that a couple of you haven't watched Bangladesh play in a while. Who said we needed to be under pressure to bowl wides? The point is, the SA wickets are brilliant for batting. Just look the first innings scores of the 4 previous games, a couple of 300s and a couple of high 200s. We bowled Canada out for 180, which will probably be good enough to win the match without much of a sweat. Be happy guys. The next five BD games will give you enough to want to tear your hair out for, so enjoy today.
Old February 11, 2003, 12:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default ETO RAAT TATE KI ?????

TIME : 4 AM AT NIGHT
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
BANGLADESH VS CANADA
O YA

Here I come
To show you some
CHAPABAJI AAR KI ?
ETO RAAT TATE KI ?

Being another Bangladeshi player, I am also playing my world cup from this part of the world. Oh yeah!!!

MY GAME IS CHAPABAJI...

My CHAPAs travels long distance, crosses international borders, and goes faster than Concordes.

Win against Canada
Should be EEEZY

Old February 11, 2003, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Default joseph

is bowling faster than masri, around 85. rokon out to a rash shot. bashar looking uncomfortable against pace. again, making the game harder than it should. i would like a win by 7 wickets, but it may be by only 3
Old February 11, 2003, 12:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

well...

there goes one likely centurion...

One person I didn't reckon with was Sarkar...probably, stung by MY indifference, he is out to prove that he can do it oo....

Good luck to him
Old February 11, 2003, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

footwork-less hannan is scoring runs today, while bashar looks very tentative. bashar does not inspire any confidence at the crease, our only test-class batsman?
Old February 11, 2003, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Default bashar gone

and bashar goes for a duck, slashing outside the off. i feel that it's just as well, now maybe we can see some positive batting
Old February 11, 2003, 12:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

may be they should take bashar off for a couple of matches and bring ashraful in instead...ashraful must be itching to prove himself...and bashar will come back with a bang...when recalled...
Old February 11, 2003, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

A duck against Canada! Bashar needs to be dropped. I mean, they keep dropping Ashraful because he keeps slashing and pulling, but by those standards, Sumon is a much bigger culprit, and he should be held to a higher standard because he is a much more experienced batsman than Ash. If they justify dropping Ash because despite of instructions, he plays too many shots, they should ban Sumon from the team.
Old February 11, 2003, 12:41 PM
Club Cricketer

Bangladesh 46-2
Really had hoped for something better.
If this keeps up, the unthinkable may not be so far away...I dare not spell it out.