facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 22, 2007, 05:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

First playing politics with the floods, and now with people's livelihoods and property. The BAL/BNP/JIB Mafiosi and their allies have really done it this time. I don't think they'll get more than 75 seats combined after the next elections. To all their chamchas everywhere: your malice disgusts me and many others in Bangladesh, I hope never to run into any one of you in person. There was a line to be crossed and you have crossed it.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 20, 2007 at 05:01 AM..

Old August 22, 2007, 06:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
First playing politics with the floods, and now with people's livelihoods and property. The BAL/BNP/JIB Mafiosi and their allies have really done it this time. I don't think they'll get more than 75 seats combined after the next elections. To all their chamchas everywhere: your malice disgusts me and many others in Bangladesh, I hope never to run into any one of you in person. There was a line to be crossed and you have crossed it.
just what i wanted to say... eder ke ekhon rastar majhkhane chhere deya uchit.
Old August 22, 2007, 06:18 AM
Cricket Legend

As much as i criticised the CTG, these students are just rioters and looters. They need to be arresed and punished. CTG ay have made mistakes but these "students" have no right to create anarchy
Old August 22, 2007, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumon77
just what i wanted to say... eder ke ekhon rastar majhkhane chhere deya uchit.
Nangta kore pls.
Old August 22, 2007, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I wonder if the news media will shut down because of curfew
Old August 22, 2007, 06:51 AM
Cricket Legend

I wonder what will happen to our country in the next couple of days
Old August 22, 2007, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

With regards to the umbrella incident which spark all this mayhem, one has to admit that both sides are at fault. Or at least we should assume. Both parties (army and student) will reflect their side of the story with obvious bias.

But with regards to how both side responded, the army did apologise and formed an inquiry comitee to take action, while students go on their usual rampage. It's easy to point the finger of blame towards the army because army record in BD has been poor and bloody (Ershad amol, Zia coup) while student's has been good somewhat (back in 1971 during the civil unrest and during war). But forget the past and look at the present.

It's the army who put law and order and doing things unprecedented and never thought while students (since democracy return permanently after Ershad's rule finished) has been nothing but a pain. Student politics has been major to the disruption to educational environment in the universities and colleges in limelight now, ie, they are good for nothing.

Goverment took heavy handed action against everyone. BAL, BNP. But students are a different breed and and reacted physically and violently which are dealt with in the same manner.

Once again, if they took their issues through appropiate channels than violence and rampage none of this would have happened. Army and cops didn't break and loot the vans and rickshaw, its the students.

What goes around comes around. At least thats how it is and will be in Bangladesh.
Old August 22, 2007, 07:30 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Once again, if they took their issues through appropiate channels than violence and rampage none of this would have happened. Army and cops didn't break and loot the vans and rickshaw, its the students.
I guess you missed the govt. press note today.

Source
Govt urges calm, warns of stern action
Dhaka, August 22 (bdnews24.com)— The government Wednesday afternoon asked people to maintain peace and discipline.

The emergency government issued a statement amid violence that spread to parts of the country.

The government also warned people of stern action if they do not listen to the call for calm and violate law and order.

The statement released by the Press Information Department said some "rowdy non-students" continued to stage protests and damaged private and public property, despite the withdrawal of the army camp from Dhaka University.

"The government would not hesitate to resort to the strictest possible measures in case unlawful acts were perpetrated," the PID handout added.
Old August 22, 2007, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
I guess you missed the govt. press note today.

Source
Govt urges calm, warns of stern action
Dhaka, August 22 (bdnews24.com)— The government Wednesday afternoon asked people to maintain peace and discipline.

The emergency government issued a statement amid violence that spread to parts of the country.

The government also warned people of stern action if they do not listen to the call for calm and violate law and order.

The statement released by the Press Information Department said some "rowdy non-students" continued to stage protests and damaged private and public property, despite the withdrawal of the army camp from Dhaka University.

"The government would not hesitate to resort to the strictest possible measures in case unlawful acts were perpetrated," the PID handout added.
And what did I miss? I already read that.
Old August 22, 2007, 07:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Realtime update-

Latest news, there are gun battles between BAL/BNP/JIB thugs and the police in Dhanmondi and other places. My aunt's apartment complex was just broken into by a band of armed thugs who destroyed cars, burgled homes and assaulted terrified tenants. Several people have been hospitalized. The poorest people on the street and being hit the hardest as always. All mobile networks have been voluntarily shut down by the telecom companies as per previous agreements with elected governments.

A_B, Spitty and others in Dhaka: please post your accounts. Thanks.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 22, 2007, 07:42 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
And what did I miss? I already read that.
quote "Army and cops didn't break and loot the vans and rickshaw, its the students."

so according to CTG it's not the student.
Old August 22, 2007, 07:45 AM
Cricket Savant

This is real life now. Those taking it as a sporting event, please keep your moronisms to yourselves.

Last edited by Sohel; October 20, 2007 at 05:02 AM..
Old August 22, 2007, 08:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
quote "Army and cops didn't break and loot the vans and rickshaw, its the students."

so according to CTG it's not the student.
I think you mistook it. Its a combination of non-students who (taking the chance of rare anarchy) threw their share of tantrum. The whole world knows the students are every bit involved. At least when the incidents involve DU.

The government didn't specifically point finger at any particular group.
Old August 22, 2007, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Realtime update-

Latest news, there are gun battles between BAL/BNP/JIB thugs and the police in Dhanmondi and other places. My aunt's apartment complex was just broken into by a band of armed thugs who destroyed cars, burgled homes and assaulted terrified tenants. Several people have been hospitalized. The poorest people on the street and being hit the hardest as always. All mobile networks have been voluntarily shut down by the telecom companies as per previous agreements with elected governments.

A_B, Spitty and others in Dhaka: please post your accounts. Thanks.
Sohel Bhai, is it true. I am trying to call to my brother but can't reach.
Old August 22, 2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
Yes its seems true, I have been trying for hours now, but in vain.
Old August 22, 2007, 09:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
ya... you cant reach now. try T&T if possible. I just talked to home to T&T, all mobile are shut down till 8:30 pm BD time.
Old August 22, 2007, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

PoorFan and Sumon77
Thank you for infos.
Old August 22, 2007, 09:13 AM
Retired BC Admin

For once, I strongly denounce the actions by the students of Dhaka University.

The students of DU and other Universities know very well that this not a good time to break the ice. They know very well that any attempt to derail the current government will perilously threaten to destabilize the country. Moreover they know very well that any movement initiated by them would inevitebly be mobilized further by the associates of the corrupt leaders, businessmen, teachers and the likes.

So, an moron decided to take on a student and abuse his power in the excitement of a game. Big deal! Anyway, they got the appology, the government even started an investigation into the matter. The student should have calm down before being used and abused by the crime rings. Now whether they like it or not, the students become alies to those criminals. Somebody should have done the math in the TSC area.

Grand crimes, mighty flood, pouring diarrhea and now nation wide street fighting over some bad words (as if nobody ever heard those from anyone else). What a mess!
Old August 22, 2007, 09:42 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I just managed to talk with my wife and Kids. They reached Bangladesh today for a one month holiday.

T&T is working and mobile network is suspended until further notice.
Old August 22, 2007, 09:44 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Fully agree with chinaman bhai.

The merit of the movement is insufficient and after the apology and withdrawal of army camp, it further lost credibility.

Really sorry to see students are being abused by some organized thugs.
Old August 22, 2007, 10:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
For once, I strongly denounce the actions by the students of Dhaka University.

The students of DU and other Universities know very well that this not a good time to break the ice. They know very well that any attempt to derail the current government will perilously threaten to destabilize the country. Moreover they know very well that any movement initiated by them would inevitebly be mobilized further by the associates of the corrupt leaders, businessmen, teachers and the likes.

So, an moron decided to take on a student and abuse his power in the excitement of a game. Big deal! Anyway, they got the appology, the government even started an investigation into the matter. The student should have calm down before being used and abused by the crime rings. Now whether they like it or not, the students become alies to those criminals. Somebody should have done the math in the TSC area.

Grand crimes, mighty flood, pouring diarrhea and now nation wide street fighting over some bad words (as if nobody ever heard those from anyone else). What a mess!
Its more than that fight. Its a stance against army's bullying. For the past months the army opened up a camp in DU gym,denying students the use of their gym. They also needed permission to play in soccerfields that belong to them for no apparent reasons. That fight was just an uchila.
However, the main damage was not done by the army, it was the police, they escalated the whole thing by beating up students and firing tear gas into every friggin part of the university. One thing led to another and thus the mess.

And our law advisor is a blatant liar. He sed on TV that all the student demands were met, and when asked about the specific demand on lifitng emergency situation by the TV reporter, he sed that it was not a demand of the students. Which is a blatent lie. The government should have asked the police to be less agressive from day 1 and this would have not happened. And they should stop blaming others for their mistakes.
Old August 22, 2007, 11:00 AM
Retired BC Admin

Not a big surprise that those with vested interest will support such worthless actions. In fact, those people will support any action directed against this government, regardless of its origin or merit. To those people, party is always bigger than the country and person is always bigger than the party.
Old August 22, 2007, 11:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

just saw BBC s coverage of the event. Interesting points raised.
Old August 22, 2007, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

No safe passage: journalists arrested, beaten during curfew
Scores of journalists have been arrested or beaten by the army during the first few hours of the curfew. Army officers arrested three journalists of bdnews24.com—Liton Haider, Biplob Rahman and Asif Ahmed Rommo—as they were heading home after work. They were stopped at a checkpoint, 200 metres from the bdnews24.com office in Dhanmondi. After the arrest, the driver of the autorickshaw they were travelling in returned to break the news that the three were taken away by uniformed officers even after they showed their press ID cards.Earlier, a group of army personnel beat two bdnews24.com journalists as they were standing outside their office with colleagues.The army also severely beat Sanaul Haque, a New Age photographer, the newspaper's acting chief reporter Shahiduzzaman told bdnews24.com.

I am worried about the assault on journalists...
Old August 22, 2007, 05:43 PM

From BBC World The curfew has been heavily enforced and has made the situation calm for the night. The two "students" that were shown protesting and criticising the CTG in BBC's video feed are each DU's Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal and DU's Chhatra League leaders.... who have featured prominently in NTV and Channel I coverage of DU protests before.

To watch: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/c...&bbram=1&asb=1