facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 16, 2007, 04:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
Please feel free to share with us if you have a better plan, rest assured I'll be the first one to support it.

You are right, there is no 'gurantee' for the future. Hopefully the prospect of punishment will be compelling enough for the future leaders to stay clear of corruption. A better system of catching those corruptions at an early stage as well as to ensure appropriate justice will be of assistance too.

And yes, people should decide. However, people has the power to vote but the corrupt leaders have the power to decide who will be on the list for the voters to vote for. With a candidate list full of criminals how far the people can go with that so called almighty voting power?
I at this point do not have a better plan.

Well the way they are going about catching these corrupt leaders is wrong, its unconstitutional and simply gayer joreh korah. They should make proper investigations and proper charges rather then foreign currency hold kora, mod hold kora, 10 lakh taka tax faki dawa. Seriously they have done tonnes of wrong things.

Well, isnt the CTG deciding the same list using their army muscle. A lot of the CTG people actively took part in the Ghus lenden process. How are they any better?
Its simply frustrating and not as rosy as a lot of people say.

Old July 16, 2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
...You are right, there is no 'gurantee' for the future. Hopefully the prospect of punishment will be compelling enough for the future leaders to stay clear of corruption. A better system of catching those corruptions at an early stage as well as to ensure appropriate justice will be of assistance too.

And yes, people should decide. However, people has the power to vote but the corrupt leaders have the power to decide who will be on the list for the voters to vote for. With a candidate list full of criminals how far the people can go with that so called almighty voting power?
Is it just a coincidence then, that on 16 July 2007 the headlines were:

EC Unveils Election Roadmap
Voter list by Oct '08, poll by Dec
Parties to register by June, reform dialogue Sept-Nov this year
Shakhawat Liton

...DIALOGUES WITH POLITICAL PARTIES
"We want to hold dialogues with political parties on electoral reforms and other issues between September and November this year. Before that the political parties will have to complete their own reforms as we want to see a result," CEC Huda said....

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/07/16/d7071601011.htm

and: Upazila polls in Nov-Dec '08
City corporation, municipal, UP elections from January

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/07/16/d7071601022.htm
Old July 16, 2007, 04:04 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

That's a cool gantt chart.
Old July 16, 2007, 04:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

From bdnews, Hasina er nij haate lekha chithi...
http://www.bdnews24.com/upfile/hasina-letter-01.jpg
Old July 16, 2007, 06:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by omio
Kar sey odrisso haat?
I saw Fakruddin Ahmed on TV today. He looks very tired, pressurised and chokher nichey kali.

Mainul is running the Show. The Road to Power is being laid out.
Old July 16, 2007, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

I heard many people in BD are accusing the CTG of double standards. They claim Hasina was arrested, while Khaleda's court summon was postponed.

Furthermore, it has been reported that a large crowd was protesting Hasina's arrest in Dhaka, and the police had to take disciplinary measures to control them. They cited that as per the state of emergency, public gatherings are not allowed. Yet, when anothe plethora of people were handing out mishti to mark Hasina's arrest, the police failed to respond. It was reported on Channel-i, I believe.
Old July 16, 2007, 08:34 PM
Test Cricketer

How many years should Hasina get in Jail.

1-10 years..
11-15 years..
15 to life...???
Old July 16, 2007, 09:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Good question. Any legal experts here? What does extorting 3 crore, if proven in court, fetch you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
How many years should Hasina get in Jail.

1-10 years..
11-15 years..
15 to life...???
Old July 16, 2007, 09:30 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Yet, when anothe plethora of people were handing out mishti to mark Hasina's arrest, the police failed to respond. It was reported on Channel-i, I believe.
Free mishti? I wish I was there.
Old July 16, 2007, 09:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Also, why is she not being kept in a regular jail? In the deputy speaker's house? Most hard-working honest people who never committed a crime don't get to live in such luxury (in freedom) in our country.
Old July 16, 2007, 09:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I'm just worried about the repercussions of this arrest. Any high profile arrest is followed by some bloodshed, and some political unrest. I am also worried how Khaleda Zia's arrest will be accepted, if she's arrested anytime. You don't know how much political propaganda these politicians can buy, and how much unrest they can create with just a signal of their eyes.
Old July 16, 2007, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Time could be a great healer......as time goes by we may see normalcy coming back. So all these agitation, 'ita-iti' should be forgotten as we enter into a new chapter in BD politics. Who knows!
Old July 16, 2007, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
Also, why is she not being kept in a regular jail? In the deputy speaker's house? Most hard-working honest people who never committed a crime don't get to live in such luxury (in freedom) in our country.
isnt it still clear? Thats how our country is!
Old July 17, 2007, 12:00 AM
Cricket Legend

I personally support the CTG over Hasina/Khaleda any day. However , I am a bit skeptical because past experiences in Bangladesh and other 3rd World countries, have shown that military govts' who come to power pledging to remove corruption often become corrupt themselves. And that is not all, once these military govts' become corrupt, they refuse to admit their faults, label anyone against the govt as traitors, and cannot be removed from power except through brute force. Mainul Hossain in particular, seems like a big headed egoistic individual who craves authority and power ............

Lets give the current CTG the benefit of the doubt but lets also not focus our entire attention on solely whether Hasina is punished or not. Bangladesh's well being depends on a lot of things, such as its economy, security etc.
If these things are not taken care of, Hasina's arrest is inconsequential.

I did notice that the biggest cheerleaders of the CTG are expat Bangladeshis. People living in Bangladesh seem to support this govt not because of arresting Hasina, but because they gave some peace to the country.
The current govts. attitude towards AL/BNP politicians is " We dont care if you are corrupt, all we care is whether you are against Hasina/ Khaleda or not". If you are against those 2, we will overlook all your faults just as we are overlooking all faults of our advisors.
Old July 17, 2007, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
isnt it still clear? Thats how our country is!
I think the level of agitation that could be ignited because of this arrest is what made CTG think about sub jail. Also the regular jail might not give the inquiry team to have desired privacy as this is a very high profile case.
Old July 17, 2007, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Free mishti? I wish I was there.
free mishti kina janina but there were 'ananda mishil'
Old July 17, 2007, 03:35 AM

Just saw on NTV, it isnt a sub-jail but a "temporary jail", in fact the same apartment A-2 that Ershad was jailed in when he was arrested once upon a time.

My mother called from DU and said that DU arts buillding side was fine, classes were going on fine, no ganjums. All cadres are polatok from yesterday, and a heavy police presence so the chhatroleague dhormoghot isnt having much effect.

Earlier in the morning they showed Mainul clarify that as she was to be chargesheeted, according to Procedures Hasina could only be shown as either arrested, or absconding. Since clearly she wasnt absconding, thus due to technicality she had to be arrested. (For those who love to argue the Constitution of BD and the illegality of this and that with proceduralism, I'm sure you'd love this little bit)

AL New York, and AL Washington DC led by their neta Sajib Wazed Joy is carrying on a protest campaign to provide disinformation about the Caretaker Government and its Democracy Repressionary measures. Measures include writing to Congressmen, protesting outside UN HQ on June 22, and Boycott, Black Flag/Armbands of visiting Bangladeshi government officials and VIPs, VVIPs in the US.

Sajib Wajed Joy this morning on BBC was quite toned down... appearing more concerned with battling within the law and getting his mother released, and doing a concerted action to spread awareness. On the other hand NTV reports that Joy has said this Caretaker Government's Action is on a mission to repress democratic means and measures

British High Commissioner has stated that they laud and are encouraged by The CEC and CTG's announcement on 15 July of Election Process. Thus they are concerned only that, especially as Sheikh Hasina is a former PM, that due process of law with conformity with high international standards is pursued.

AL interim chairman Zillur Rahman, and fellow presidium members keep repeating how this is all a conspiracy ad nauseum. Shahjalal Uni of Science and Tech was affected by ChhatraLeague dharmaghot, and small mobs in Gopalganj (Mujib's Home District) have destroyed 3 buses in protest.
Old July 17, 2007, 04:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Did you guys see how Hasina had a "tazbi" in her hand? .........these ppl try to seek cheap mercy from the public........we wont' buy those anymore....
Old July 17, 2007, 05:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The facts have clearly demonstrated that the democratic farce of the last 15 years was nothing other than a way for internally anti-democratic parties to assume power, and exercise that power for personal gain at the expense of our people while undermining the law of the land.

Independent and active Judiciary, Election Commission, Anti-Corruption Commission and press can create a better foundation for real democracy. Genuine empowerment of local governments can consolidate the process further. The current CTG is demonstrably committed to that process.

Sitting on a fence, away from the action is easy. Nobody's above the law.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 20, 2007 at 03:53 AM..
Old July 17, 2007, 05:44 AM

Well, those rotten politicians should realize you cant just ask every time an interim govt. and few good people to clean up the mess you made all the years. You cant just ask them to fix every institution which you deliberately paralyzed all these years. Cant just ask in the name of neutrality to punish few thugs and criminal, but leave you untouched without holding you accountable and responsible. You cant just ask them to work hard every day and night to make your way to power, only to see you taking whole nation as hostage very next day. I can add many more but isnt it enough?

I hail and praise those people who stood up against those shameless repeated 'mamar barir abdar'. These people shows me hope that BD still has some people who can stand up against all odds, and trying to bring much needed change and reform, Its up to us people which way we look at it, how we analyze.
Old July 17, 2007, 06:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
I guess your post sums up the midset of a lot of the people in this board.
A few pain for the greater gain. However, there is this other possibility. A few pain just in vain taking the country down the drain (haha ). But seriously, what guarantee is there that the new leadership will be better than what existed. And on a more serious note, shouldnt it be the people who decides rather than a few army officers a few intellectual and a few expats.
Its very easy to pick out one issue and fix it, but in the grand scheme of things everything becomes fuzzy. I have a feeling the CTG has lost its plot. it has to realise it is here for two years and should fix its priorities accordingly. They have to realise that they have no accountability and they cannot falter.
Special apa, if you don't have a clear solution then what's the point in arguing? Don't we have enough problem? We need solutions and lot of us are trying to suggest solutions to problems but you seem to look at the the problems without suggesting the alternatives.

I have some questions for you and I hope you can answer those:

1) Ok whatever the CTG did, do you suggest Hasina should remain at large and be freed (along with Khaleda Zia may I add) and be allowed to remain in the country?

If barring them is so unconstitutional and undemocratic then I guess we should just forget what they did in the past and turn a blind eye to what they will do in the future. And since you are so critical of Hasina's arrest so the only possible alternative is that you don't support their arrest.

2) If Army does not intervene who do you think will intervene?

Please don't say the public. The public is like a little kid and when it comes to election is like offering them what kind of cereal they want when they all are from the same corrupt brand.

3) If the army is so evil then why don't we just disband them and get rid of them?

Obviously the job of the military is to help in the defence of our country. But given how we are surrounded by regional superpowers and nuclear powers then I guess they can't defend our country for anything more than 5 minutes in case the war does break out near future. So what's their use anyway other than cause occasional coup and give you insecurity?

For once I hope you will post solutions not the problem with what each of them are.
Old July 17, 2007, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobair
That's the only factor (if any) I am critical off. If no one is above the law then everyone should be treated equally. This is no equal treatment.
Old July 17, 2007, 07:14 AM
Club Cricketer

একটি ভাংগা(ব্রেকিং) খবর

বিষপ্রয়গে এইমাএ পাগলার পয়োনিস্কাসন লেগুনের সবচেয়ে বড় মাছটির মৃত্য ঘটিয়াছে(ইন্নালি...... িউন)। বিশেষগ্যদের মতে বিষাক্ত পরিবেশে বড় হওয়া এই মাছ সেবনের ফলে নানা ধরনের রোগসহ মৃত্যও ঘটিতে পারে। পয়োনিস্কাসন লেগুনের ছোট বড় সবধরনের বিষাক্ত মাছই দৃত নিধন করা হইবে বলিয়া ওয়াসা আশাবাদী।

এদিকে বিষাক্ত এই মাছটি মৃত্যর ফলে সারাদেশে মিশৃ পৃতিকৃয়া লক্ষ্য করা গিয়াছে। একদল বোধহীন ক্ষুধার্থ মানুষ মাছটির পক্ষ্য লইয়া সংঘর্সে লিপ্ত হইয়াছে। অপরদিকে, শান্তিপ্রিয় বেশীরভাগ মানুষই মাছটির মৃত্যর খবর পাইয়া একপ্রকার স্বস্তি প্রকাশ করিতেছেন। একদল অতিউৎসাহী যুবক আবার মিস্তি চালাচালিও শুরু করিয়া দিয়াছে।

সুজন আহমেদের রিপোর্ট পাগলা থেকে
Old July 17, 2007, 07:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Nazmul huda's(cng chor) daughter sigma's blog.
http://sigmahuda.blogspot.com/
Old July 17, 2007, 07:36 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
Nazmul huda's(cng chor) daughter sigma's blog.
http://sigmahuda.blogspot.com/
Isn't Sigma Huda wife of Nazmul Huda?