facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 26, 2005, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Default BCCI-BCB Understanding: India wont take Whatmore

Quoting a top BCCI Official, leading South Indian news media NewindPress reported that BCB and BCCI reached understanding over Whatmore issue and thus India will not go for Whatmore.

For now, two things appear certain. One, the next coach will be a foreigner. And two, it wont be Dav Whatmore, who is currently coaching Bangladesh reported NewindPress. According to the report, a BCCI official said, the board has an understanding with the Bangladesh Cricket Board over Whatmore. BCCI is wary of appointing someone ready to end his contract for a better offer halfway through a tour of England. The same thing could happen if he were to be appointed India coach.

This is a good thinking on part of BCCI. If Whatmore is willing to leave Bangladesh in the middle of a tour, he can do the same thing to India in future if a better offer comes to him. Apparently BCB played some diplomatic role to keep Whatmore. Instead to hassling with Whatmore, BCB arranged some coordination with BCCI-creative thinking!! This point never came to my mind that Indian cricket board will never hijack a BCB coach without proper understanding and clearance from BCB.

If this is true, I guess this will be the end of Whatmores India hunt.

Source: NewindPress Report on Whatmore

Edited on, April 26, 2005, 5:22 AM GMT, by babubangla.

Old April 26, 2005, 12:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I never even heard of this news source before...sigh! I hope India choose their new coach soon...and we can move on regardless of the outcome....we have been stuck on these "he says, she says" reports for too long already.

Edited on, April 26, 2005, 5:31 AM GMT, by pompous.
Old April 26, 2005, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

asha korbo aitai hobe ai ghotonar conclusion.
ai prothom mone hoi BCB mathay eto high level ar buddhi niye kaj korlo. good job. big applause for them.
wonderful job. hopefully they will continue to do this kinds of cool stuff for the sake of our good future.
Old April 26, 2005, 12:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

smart move by bcb indeed.
Old April 26, 2005, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
I never even heard of this news source before...sigh! I hope India choose their new coach soon...and we can move on regardless of the outcome....we have been stuck on these "he says, she says" reports for too long already.

Edited on, April 26, 2005, 5:31 AM GMT, by pompous.
Leading Indian Newspaper "The Indian Express" just reported the same news under the headline " NEW CRICKET COACH: BCCI googly: Waugh is in running" .

Source: The Indian Express

Edited on, April 26, 2005, 5:40 AM GMT, by babubangla.
Old April 26, 2005, 01:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

Good decision by BCCI. They are right, If whatmore can talk about leaving BCB`s contact in the middle of a tour, He can do it with India too.

Now, honestly, BCB need to fire this greedy *** right after the tour in England, as he showed ZERO respect towards BCB 2 years extension contact.

He has been pumped by BCB and media. Now, our players obviously wont expect much dedication from him anymore, since money is what matters for him.

"Time to be firm and Professional BCB"

Edited on, April 26, 2005, 6:40 AM GMT, by Mav.
Old April 26, 2005, 01:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

I believe eitherway, even Dean Jones, Whatmore's more illustrated teammate in Victoria has a better shot to make it as coach of India.....

but, it will be great to be reassured that we won't go through any shock..i mean loosing ANY coach in the middle can at least. slow down the momentum ...
Old April 26, 2005, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I guess Whatmore's attitude towards this whole issue is not really enhancing his reputation as a person, as a coach or as a professional for that matter.....
Old April 26, 2005, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Now, honestly, BCB need to fire this greedy bottom right after the tour in England, as he showed ZERO respect towards BCB 2 years extension contact.
Lets wait and see until the end of England tour, and let India and SA decide their coach. Any kind of move from BCB will put him in a crucial situation. Like to see how he react by then. btw, I think he is a good coach and we need him to continue the job with us as usual. But to do that, he should come up with some respect on coaching BD team, and seek some kind of apology for his disrespectful behaviour. Otherwise it will be hard to get same respect/love from the people of BD which he used to get.
Old April 26, 2005, 08:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
Yes... but will it be the end of Whatmores hunt any other job?

Is it that he really like that Indian Job that is creating all these confusion?

Or he want any other coaching job with 'real super power potential' rather than coaching Bangladesh. What happens if there is a vacancy in Pakistan, England, New Zealand or in Australia and they consider him in the selection process?

Therefore the reality is we will have to struggle to keep a good coach in out team and play more to make the job attractive and savvy experienced coaches will leverage that weakness to milk as much as they can.

Unless we can identify and lock a good young coach long term. There is risk involved.... but there is enormous benefit also if they can identify the right person.
Old April 26, 2005, 08:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by babubangla
Yes... but will it be the end of Whatmores hunt for any other job?

Is it , "he really like that Indian Job", that is creating all these confusion? [ which I doubt it.]

Or he want any other coaching job with 'real super power potential' rather than coaching Bangladesh.

What happens if there is a vacancy in Pakistan, England, New Zealand or in Australia and they consider him in the selection process? Do you think he will be as much interested as Indian job? [personally I think so]

Therefore the reality is we will have to struggle to keep a good coach in out team and pay more (in compensation package) to make the job attractive and savvy experienced coaches will leverage that weakness to milk as much as they can.

Unless we can identify and lock a good young coach long term. There is risk involved.... but there is enormous benefit also if they can identify the right person.

Edited on, April 26, 2005, 2:03 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old April 26, 2005, 10:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

I don't care if India chooses Whatmore as their new coach but not before the England tour finishes. Dav should not be our national coach anymore, the team has lost their trust on him.

Edited on, April 26, 2005, 3:16 PM GMT, by Logen.
Old April 26, 2005, 10:26 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Guys!!!

if anyone of you are around whatmore make sure there is no sleeping pill/ratom around him.

whatmore moner duk-khay suicide khaitay paray

for those who dont know ratom is a brand name of rat killing poison.
Old April 26, 2005, 10:32 AM
Street Cricketer

Was there any indication on Whatmore's part that he would be leaving in the middle of England tour?

I think we are talking a little too far. In fact, all the stages are set to make him a scapegoat in case we have a terrible performance in England.

Let us wish we have a successfull tour in England!
Old April 26, 2005, 11:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

I'm sorry but i find this Whatmore issue has been taken too far by some of the passionate bd fans!! If BCB and the players r fine with him, why create issues? Let him do his job!
Old April 26, 2005, 11:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

our fans are being emotional as usual...i sometimes try and kid myself into thinking that our fans are different from some of the other subcontinental fans...they are more reasoned, restrained and tolerant...the reality it seems is...we are as fickle-minded...takes only this much for us to "worship" our coach and players...and just a little bit less to make us hate their guts and trash them completely...just ask McInnes!
Old April 26, 2005, 11:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
our fans are being emotional as usual...i sometimes try and kid myself into thinking that our fans are different from some of the other subcontinental fans...they are more reasoned, restrained and tolerant...the reality it seems is...we are as fickle-minded...takes only this much for us to "worship" our coach and players...and just a little bit less to make us hate their guts and trash them completely...just ask McInnes!
I agree with u 100% pompous.
Old April 26, 2005, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

I would like to humbly disagree with Pompous and Rubayed.

Like Dav displayed one of his "emotions" i.e. greed, some fans expressed other emotions e.g. anger, disappointment etc.

I do not agree with some of the rancid comments against Dav. But I can totally see how most of the fans reacted the way they did. Dav tried to play his apparent "chance to get an offer from BCCI" to notch up his salary and in the process degraded his credibility with the fans, BCB and ironically - BCCI. No one in their right mind can say that he was ethical in what he did. May be waaaay too professional (too much for anyone's good). But not ethical for sure.

But amongst all these, I find two things very positive -

#1. For the first time, we are PO'd at a coach for any reason other than losing games.
#2. BCB has come of age. The way they have dealt with the situation by hooking up with BCCI - is extremely commendable.

Edited on, April 26, 2005, 8:01 PM GMT, by Sauron.
Old April 26, 2005, 03:03 PM
Club Cricketer

One article about Dean Jones sent his resume to BCCI and "Steve Waugh" it's all in cricinfo and rest of the others in Indian Newspapers . Hindustan Times or Indian Express ......Watch How many of them on the run to Become Indian Coach .. So , whatmore has no chance .... lol .......
http://www.expressindia.com/cricket/...ntent_id=28817
http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/conte...ry/207398.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/low/cri...ia/4473281.stm
http://www.indianexpress.com/full_st...ntent_id=35609
http://www.chennaionline.com/cricket...005/news96.asp
Moody, who had also been linked to the England and South Africa jobs in recent months, is regarded as a strong candidate.
Former Australia captain Chappell was also in the reckoning five years ago when the board chose Wright as the first foreign coach.
However, Chappell, who was in Bombay earlier this week to launch his coaching clinic, said he had not been approached by the Indian board this time.
Source : One Sports

So now who do ya think ? It's not Dav Whatmore for sure . Anyone likes to be Indian Coach ...........
Old April 26, 2005, 03:11 PM
Banned

As always, we are too keen on indulging in the blame game. If its not Whatmore, its the BCB, if not, its the BCCI, if not ,its Dalmiya, and if not that, its Alok Kapali.....

This is just the way of life. Coaches move on. They are all too human. Also, other teams will want "proven" coaches. That's a fact too.

Maybe DW was just interested in a sub-continental team. And maybe the BCB reckons that running the risk of a buy out clause with DW is far more acceptable than needing to look for a new coach.

And its not easy to find a good coach. We all know that. We also know that our inexperience is to be blamed for our lack of success, more than our coaches' abilities..barring that Moh Khan and Chappel guy.
Old April 26, 2005, 03:14 PM
Club Cricketer

I think it's not "Alok Kapali" it's may be kapali's gf so , that's why he is not performing ....... lol .......... maiya ghotito problem he should get married soon ....... to make him to national team ......also the stats says after getting married everyone's avg gone up a lot . eg : Tendulkar ........

Edited on, April 26, 2005, 8:16 PM GMT, by Desh Bangla.
Old April 26, 2005, 05:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I totally agree with pompous and Rubayed. We are being a little too emotional. I say we should wait til the end of the England tour and see how our team is doing. Only then should we decide if Whatmore should leave.
Old April 27, 2005, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by aka
I totally agree with pompous and Rubayed. We are being a little too emotional. I say we should wait til the end of the England tour and see how our team is doing. Only then should we decide if Whatmore should leave.

well whatmore just signed a contract with BBC where he is going to be the commentator when bangladesh will be playing. so now please tell me why shouldnt be emotional? dont you think this is going to far. i dont think this is professional and i also do not think this is ethical too.
Old April 27, 2005, 01:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Why r people often talking about being "ethical"? We dont even know what exactly he'll be doing for BBC, they called it Match Summariser, so let's c what he does and then react accordingly, but for now please stop all these talks and let us put all those energy into discussing something constructive about our first ever England tour.