facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 17, 2011, 08:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Default PCB backs Loitta for ICC Presidency / BCB agrees tour to Pak in April 2012

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=142536
LK: “It is a matter of pride and a privilege to receive PCB’s support on my nomination. I will try to live up to the expectations of not only the people of Bangladesh but for Pakistan as well and also the entire cricketing fraternity. The support that PCB has given me demonstrates the close relations our two Boards enjoy and it is not the first time that PCB has come forward to support us. Who could forget that it was Pakistan that proposed Bangladesh’s entry into Test Cricket.We are indebted to them. Pakistani players have played in Bangladesh and have helped our cricketers a lot. We will also try to support Pakistan in any way we can.

“I am also encouraged with the steps that we agreed today which will help in developing and making Bangladesh cricket more stronger. Since the last one year, I have been discussing with some of the Cricket Boards on how to bring back international cricket in Pakistan and to demonstrate that we are genuinely taking steps in this direction my Board today agreed to form a security committee to visit Pakistan in January 2012 to review their security measures so as to ensure proper security arrangements are in place prior to arrival of Bangladesh team in Pakistan. My Board further agreed that Bangladesh cricket team will visit Pakistan in April 2012 as per ICC’s Future Tours Programme”.

Concluding, President BCB said “I hope this way slowly and gradually international cricket will come back to Pakistan”.

Old December 17, 2011, 08:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Obosheshe tholer beral ber hoye elo ............
Old December 17, 2011, 08:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

They needed a home series.
We needed an overseas series.

With our cricket spiraling nowhere, the reality is we had to give in to this much.
Had our boys showing strength on the field, the Board could have done so on the board room.

Just hope the security is VVIP.
Nothing less than what Obama would get.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 17, 2011, 08:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

How can PCB back an individual ? PCB has the right to support BCB. Its BCB job to select candidate and then other ICC members will vote for that Candidate.
Old December 17, 2011, 08:15 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This is so dangerous in so many ways! What's more scary? Touring Pak or Lota as President of the ICC!!

I don't want to say it, as I don't want anything happening to our players! Please Allah have mercy!
Old December 17, 2011, 08:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Naimul, PCB backs BCB Chief.
At the moment, Loitta is that Chief.
Highly unlikely for any change, though personally I'd vote for you know who.
Old December 17, 2011, 08:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
How can PCB back an individual ? PCB has the right to support BCB. Its BCB job to select candidate and then other ICC members will vote for that Candidate.
It works in a cycle. Next term is for a Bangladeshi/Pakistani. This has already been decided. Now it's for the BCB and PCB to decide among themselves on who gets the Presidency. Wonder if we'd ever see a sacrifice like this from Loitta for the sake of our cricket. The man, Zaka Ashraf has passed along the opportunity to become ICC President to get International cricket back in his country.
Old December 17, 2011, 08:18 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Lota should get his *** out of his face and know that it is still just one vote. That's probably THE ONLY vote he will get, so please don't risk the players' life like that! This is not a game!

Someone please put a stop to this!

(EDIT)

I guess he only needs one vote than! ^
Old December 17, 2011, 08:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
বাংলাদেশকে নয়, মোস্তফা কামালকে সমর্থন দিলেন পিসিবি সভাপতি!

স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম
ছবি: বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর
ঢাকা: আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট কাউন্সিল (আইসিসি)’র সহ-সভাপতি পদে বাংলাদেশের প্রার্থীকে সমর্থন দিয়েছে পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (পিসিবি)। শনিবার বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) এবং পিসিবি সভাপতিদ্বয়ের যৌথ সংবাদ সম্মেলনে এই ঘোষণা দেওয়া হয়।

আইসিসির পরবর্তী সহ-সভপতি বাংলাদেশ এবং পাকিস্তানের মধ্য থেকে নির্বাচন করা হবে। পিসিবির সমর্থন পাওয়ায় এখন একক ভাবে আইসিসির সহ-সভাপতি জন্য লড়বে বাংলাদেশের প্রতিনিধি। মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে এক সংবাদ সম্মেলনে পিসিবি সভাপতি জাকা আশরাফ জানান, গেলো আক্টোবরই (পিসিবি সাবেক সভাপতি ইজাজ বাট) বাংলাদেশকে সমর্থন দিয়েছেন। পিসিবি বর্তমান সভাপতিও পূর্বের সিদ্ধান্ত বহাল রেখেছেন।

যদিও জাকা আশরাফ সরাসরি বিসিবি সভাপতি মোস্তফা কামালকে সমর্থনটা দিয়েছেন। বিসিবি থেকেও তেমনই প্রচার করা হচ্ছে। এক সংবাদ বিজ্ঞপ্তিতে জানানো হয়, ‘আইসিসির সহ-সভাপতি পদের জন্য বিসিবি সভাপতি মোস্তফা কামালকে সমর্থন দিয়েছেন পিসিবি সভাপতি। এখন বিসিবি পরিচালকদের সমর্থন পেলেই মোস্তফা কামালের আইসিসির সহ-সভাপতি পদের জন্য নির্বাচন করতে পারবেন।

মোস্তফা কামাল সাংবাদিকদের জানান, ২৪ ডিসেম্বরের মধ্যে বিসিবি থেকে তাদের প্রতিনিধির নাম পাঠাতে হবে আইসিসিতে। একক প্রার্থী হলেও আইসিসির পরবর্তী নির্বাহী কমিটির সভায় সাত দেশের সমর্থন লাগবে সহ-সভাপতির হওয়ার জন্য। বাংলাদেশের প্রার্থী আইসিসির কাছে গ্রহণযোগ্য হলে দুই বছর সহ-সভাপতির দায়িত্ব পালন করে সভাপতি হবেন। সেক্ষেত্রে আইসিসির পূর্ণ সদস্য ১০ দেশের মধ্যে সাতটি দেশের সমর্থন লাগবে।

কোন কারণে সাত দেশের সমর্থন না পেলে বাংলাদেশের প্রতিনিধি আইসিসির সহ-সভাপতি হতে পারবেন না। অস্ট্রেলিয়ার সাবেক রাষ্ট্রপতি জন হাওয়ার্ডের ওপর অনাস্থা প্রকাশ করায় নিউজিল্যান্ড থেকে সহ-সভাপতি নির্বাচন করা হয়েছিলো। নিউজিল্যান্ডের এলান আইজ্যাক বর্তমানে আইসিসির সহ-সভাপতির দায়িত্ব পালন করছেন। ২০১২ সালের জুনে পালাক্রম পদ্ধতি অনুসরণ করে সভাপতি হবেন।

বাংলাদেশ সরকার মোস্তফা কামালকে আইসিসির সহ-সভাপতির জন্য মনোনয়ন দেবে কি না তা চূড়ান্ত হয়নি। অথচ পিসিবি থেকে সরাসরি মোস্তফা কামালকে সমর্থন দেওয়া হয়েছে। পিসিবি সরাসরি কোন ব্যক্তিকে সমর্থন দিতে পারে না। তারা সমর্থন দেবে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডকে। আইসিসির নির্বাহী কমিটির সভায় বাংলাদেশের প্রতিনিধিকে সরাসরি সমর্থন দিতে পারবে।

আইসিসির পালাক্রম নিয়মে এর আগে পাকিস্তান থেকে আইসিসির সভাপতি হিসেবে দায়িত্ব পালন করেছেন এহসান মানি। ২০০৩ সাল থেকে ২০০৫ সাল পর্যন্ত এই দায়িত্ব পালন করেন তিনি। আগে পাকিস্তান থেকে আইসিসির সভাপতি হওয়ায় এবার বাংলাদেশ থেকে ওই পদের জন্য জোর দাবি ছিলো। দ্বিপাক্ষিক সমঝোতার ভিত্তিতে সে পথে অনেকটাই এগিয়ে গেলো বাংলাদেশ।

সরকারকে পাশ কাটিয়ে মোস্তফা কামাল লবিং করায় এবং পিসিবির সভাপতিকে দিয়ে তার নাম ঘোষণা করায় বিসিবি পরিচালকদের মধ্যেও ব্যাপক প্রতিক্রিয়া দেখা দিয়েছে। সমালোচনার ঝড় বইছে বিভিন্ন মহলে।

Source
Just what i was saying.
Old December 17, 2011, 08:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Lota should get his *** out of his face and know that it is still just one vote. That's probably THE ONLY vote he will get, so please don't risk the players' life like that! This is not a game!

Someone please put a stop to this!

(EDIT)

I guess he only needs one vote than! ^
Phew !! You just edited on time !!
Yes, that's the ONLY vote he needs.
Old December 17, 2011, 08:24 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

This is truly the most frightening thing I've heard in a while. Devil's deal
Old December 17, 2011, 08:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Phew !! You just edited on time !!
Yes, that's the ONLY vote he needs.
Not yet. If loitta gets green signal from BD Govt then he needs 7 out of 10 votes to get his ICC position.

Quote:
বাংলাদেশের প্রার্থী আইসিসির কাছে গ্রহণযোগ্য হলে দুই বছর সহ-সভাপতির দায়িত্ব পালন করে সভাপতি হবেন। সেক্ষেত্রে আইসিসির পূর্ণ সদস্য ১০ দেশের মধ্যে সাতটি দেশের সমর্থন লাগবে।
Old December 17, 2011, 08:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Well since we are playing, hope LK has secured a full tour. And by that I mean 1 T20, 5 ODIs and 3 Tests.
Old December 17, 2011, 08:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Not yet. If loitta gets green signal from BD Govt then he needs 7 out of 10 votes to get his ICC position.
So I was wrong then. So let's see he already has two votes (Pak and BD). India, Zim and SL will definitely vote in his favour. WI possibly too. So one more vote required from the remaining four members. Sounds easy but could be tricky. Aus and England will want to hear some concrete plans from him before giving their approval.
Old December 17, 2011, 08:32 AM
Cricket Guru

বাংলাদেশ পাকিস্তান যাবে, তবে...

স্পোর্টস করেসপন্ডেন্ট
বাংলানিউজটোয়েন্ট ফোর.কম

ঢাকা: বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দলের পাকিস্তান সফরে যাওয়ার বিষয় আলোচনা হয়েছে দুই দেশের ক্রিকেট বোর্ড সভাপতিদের মধ্যে। শনিবার এক সংবাদ সম্মেলনে জানানো হয়, পাকিস্তানে নিরাপত্তার দিকটি খতিয়ে দেখার পর এবিষয়ে চূড়ান্ত সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হবে।
২০১২ সালের এপ্রিলে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দলের পাকিস্তান সফরে যাওয়ার কথা রয়েছে। তার আগে পাকিস্তানে নিরাপত্তা ব্যবস্থা পর্যবেক্ষণের জন্য একটি প্রতিনিধিদল পাঠাবে বিসিবি। সংবাদ সম্মেলনে বিসিবি সভাপতি মোস্তফা কামাল জানান, তাদের নিজস্ব নিরাপত্তাকর্মী, বিসিবি পরিচালক, সরকারের প্রতিনিধি ও নিরাপত্তাকর্মী এবং সাংবাদিকদের পাকিস্তান সফরে পাঠানো হবে। প্রতিনিধি দলের প্রতিবেদনের ওপরই সিদ্ধান্ত হবে জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দল পাকিস্তান সফর করবে কি না।

পাকিস্তান সফর নিয়ে বিসিবি সভাপতি তাদের অবস্থান ব্যাখ্যা করেছেন,“আগামী মাসে আমাদের নিরাপত্তাবাহিনীর একটি প্রতিনিধি দল পাকিস্তানে পাঠাবো। আমরা অগ্রসর হতে চাই। খুব বেশি সময় নেওয়া যাবে না। এসবই তারা আমাদের জন্য ব্যবস্থা করবে। অনেক দিন ধরেই আমরা এনিয়ে কাজ করছি। আমরা জাকা আশরাফের সঙ্গে আলোচনার জন্য অপেক্ষা করছিলাম।”

পাকিস্তানে বর্তমান নিরাপত্তা পরিস্থিতি নিয়ে জাকা আশরাফ ভাষ্য,“পাকিস্তানে এখন স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা বিরাজ করছে। আমি মনে করি নিরাপত্তা নিয়ে উদ্বিগ্ন হওয়ার মতো পরিস্থিতে নেই। সেজন্যই আমরা পাকিস্তানে আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট ফিরিয়ে নেওয়ার চেষ্টা করছি।”

দুই দেশের ক্রিকেট সম্পর্ক উন্নয়নের বিষয়েও পাকিস্তান ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (পিসিবি) সভাপতি জাকা আশরাফ এভং বিসিবি সভাপতি মোস্তফা কামালের মধ্যে আলোচনা হয়েছে। জাকা আশরাফ বলেন,“বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটারদের স্কিল উন্নয়নে পাকিস্তান স্কলারশিপ দেওয়া হবে।”
Old December 17, 2011, 08:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Unless you appoint a controversial political figure like John Howard, these votes are mere formalities.

Loitta being the incumbent Head of BCB, or even SHC for that matter, they are not controversial figures and you could expect them to get those 7 votes easily.
Old December 17, 2011, 08:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
So I was wrong then. So let's see he already has two votes (Pak and BD). India, Zim and SL will definitely vote in his favour. WI possibly too. So one more vote required from the remaining four members. Sounds easy but could be tricky. Aus and England will want to hear some concrete plans from him before giving their approval.
I'd count SA vote too, since it was them who moved in with their heavy weight to give Bangladesh/Pakistan their rotation chance and ensured we could nominate our candidate.
Old December 17, 2011, 08:44 AM

To me its a good political move for both Bangladesh and Pakistan. Unless AUS, NZ, ENG and SAF oppose Lotta/BCB for a huge reason, ICC President or Vice President is at reach of BCB. Tough I fear how good they would be for ICC and co.
Old December 17, 2011, 08:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

loitare age pak patha..jodi janto fire ase tobe amader team jabe
Old December 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

strongly hate this move. ICC presidency is not more important than the safety of our players. Why should we be the guinea pigs to certify Pakistan is safe? How can one person unilaterally make a decision like that for his own self interest! Etto backdoor dealings kore ICC president hoite hobe keno.. if he has quality then there should be no issue anyways... this is not a business
Old December 17, 2011, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

If Mostafa Kamal become ICC president , how is it going to benefit Bangladesh cricket? All he's going to do is suck out all the money possible for him to do. And this is a clear case of bribery, Pak's will support Kamal if BD plays in pak in 2012...like wtf, I don't want our players to die.

If they do eventually go, I don't want Nafees to go, morbey shob morbey!
Old December 17, 2011, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Loitta is truly a shameless man. BCB Cancelled the Under 19 tour due to security problem 2 months ago and now within 6 months they are sending our national team WTF
Old December 17, 2011, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ei shalao jate jay amader team er shathe!
Old December 17, 2011, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

This is so wrong! This guy will do more damage to our image holding a position of such magnitude! We should put forward Saber Hossain Chowdhury who has what it takes to do this job and work this post to our benefit! Seriously! Wake up BCB or Hasina or whoever it takes to make this choice!!!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Oh my...Loitta for ICC chief!!!