facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 6, 2009, 03:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.
Default "Jewish Internet Defense Force"

What audacity!

Has anyone else heard of this group? I joined a group on facebook recently, titled "Stop the Israeli Massacre on Gaza" ... within a week, this "Jewish Internet Defense Force" seized it and deactivated it. Here's the page now: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...0844983&ref=mf

Uh, is this even LEGAL? I did some research, and they do these "operations" quite a lot! There are lots of Pro-Palestinian/Anti-Israeli facebook groups that are deactivated by these a**holes.

I am livid right now...

Old January 6, 2009, 05:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

These guys have their own website: http://www.thejidf.org/
Old January 6, 2009, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

You can't win against these people. Today I tried to report some islamophobic channels but wasn't sure on how to. So I went to the help center in the Youtube, Abuse & safety > Hateful content. And what I got was "Tips for Confronting Hate speech" by none other than the ADL (Anti Defamation League).

For those who don't know what ADL is. Its basically an Jewish interest group that runs campaign on combating anti-semetism. Which seems harmless in every sense. But then you have this JIDF with similar goals so I am pretty sure these 2 goes hand in hand. The difference being JIDF uses cyber terror tactics like mass spamming, complaints, harrasment to achieve its target. Ironically they claim to be "non-violent". Well you can't kill people over the net so Al-Qaeda website is also non violent in that respect.

Given the JIDF's success rate in blocking youtube channels, its fair to say these guys have inflitrated key websites like Facebook, MySpace and block sites they deem "antisemetic".
Old January 6, 2009, 08:25 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

lawl
Old January 6, 2009, 09:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Agree with Alien; next you will hear that criticising killing of Palestinian children can be deemed anti-semitism..
Old January 6, 2009, 09:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

just like our fundoos, these despicable people tarnish the image of the jewish people as a whole.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 6, 2009, 10:04 AM
Cricket Sage

interestingly larger groups haven't been touched.

which is strange, if one site is hijacked, any of the others can be too.

why do they pick only certain sites???

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 6, 2009, 11:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Hm.... you sure those people arent watching our own forum?
Next thing u know, BC is over taken and we all are homeless of a sudden.

Freedom of Speech is a fantasy.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 6, 2009, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Jews "hijacking" websites to fight antisemitism.
Muslims burning down buildings to protest Mohammad cartoons.
Catholics calling cops on a kid who refused to swallow a piece of wafer/cracker.

Although, I'm sure none of them can beat Scientologists...
Old January 6, 2009, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
What audacity!

Has anyone else heard of this group? I joined a group on facebook recently, titled "Stop the Israeli Massacre on Gaza" ... within a week, this "Jewish Internet Defense Force" seized it and deactivated it. Here's the page now: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...0844983&ref=mf

Uh, is this even LEGAL? I did some research, and they do these "operations" quite a lot! There are lots of Pro-Palestinian/Anti-Israeli facebook groups that are deactivated by these a**holes.

I am livid right now...
why don't you start a new group with the same purpose and see if that gets closed down as well? any kid with a pc and a little knowledge of html, java and mysql could put together a fairly impressive website these days.
Old January 6, 2009, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

I have emailed facebook staff about 6 groups that I found that were hacked into by JIDF.

Two previous ones that were hacked into are now back.

If you have a facebook account, please join this group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...id=56247324907

I have also found out how they operate. Apparently, they pose as pro-Palestinians amid these forums/groups and send them a "link" to join another group. By doing so, individual accounts or groups are infiltrated by these lowlife bastards.

The JIDF also go around the web deleting pictures of raided Palestinian villages during the Israeli occupation of 1948, as well as current pictures of the aftermath of the Gaza invasion.
Old January 6, 2009, 03:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
interestingly larger groups haven't been touched.

which is strange, if one site is hijacked, any of the others can be too.

why do they pick only certain sites???
Well, the "Stop the Israeli Massacre on Gaza" was approaching 20,000 members.

And not all of them can be infiltrated so easily. If the moderator of the groups are alert of JIDF tactics, they can dodge them.
Old January 6, 2009, 06:01 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

There's nothing to be upset about really. Don't you think that its pretty stupid and redundant to create an ostentatious group who is as effective as Britney spears with a third grade math book? Not to be harsh or anything, but crap groups like this on a social network deserves to be hacked. Besides, who would still be stupid enough to fall for those phishing sites anyway? If you would like to really help out with activism, time should be spent on something more productive. But that doesn't mean I am any better person. I have given up on these pretentious humanitarian causes a long time ago. In fact, I hardly care about whats going on around the world these days. But I would wish no one harm.

Last edited by tonoy; January 6, 2009 at 06:06 PM..
Old January 6, 2009, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
There's nothing to be upset about really. Don't you think that its pretty stupid and redundant to create an ostentatious group who is as effective as Britney spears with a third grade math book? Not to be harsh or anything, but crap groups like this on a social network deserves to be hacked. Besides, who would still be stupid enough to fall for those phishing sites anyway? If you would like to really help out with activism, time should be spent on something more productive. But that doesn't mean I am any better person. I have given up on these pretentious humanitarian causes a long time ago. In fact, I hardly care about whats going on around the world these days. But I would wish no one harm.
Well, tonoy, these groups aren't ones that you just join to give your conscience a boost. These groups actually had important information about how YOU could play your part in assuaging the horrors of this conflict. The groups also had LOTS of valuable information in pictures, videos, etc. Some of these groups also brought people in their communities together for protests. Overall, they weren't "pretentious" groups. I understand where you are coming from, though. Some groups are just...well, purposeless.
Old January 6, 2009, 09:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Well, the "Stop the Israeli Massacre on Gaza" was approaching 20,000 members.

And not all of them can be infiltrated so easily. If the moderator of the groups are alert of JIDF tactics, they can dodge them.
gotcha...i thought the JIDF had like magic powers or something...

so basically they have to go into a group and infiltrate it. yeah hard to do on big groups.

tho to be honest, i checked out their actual website, and most if not all the facebook groups they mentioned clearly had bigoted names and such. they actually didn't mention decent groups. so the JIDF might be that bad after all.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 7, 2009, 01:50 PM
BC Editorial Team

If there was have a similar one against overly pro-Zionist, bigoted sites then JIDF and this other group would serve a wonderful control job of keeping only the quality sites around ...
Old January 7, 2009, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
If there was have a similar one against overly pro-Zionist, bigoted sites then JIDF and this other group would serve a wonderful control job of keeping only the quality sites around ...
Aye, it would, it would ... only if JIDF was shutting down overly pro-Palestinian bigoted sites.
Old January 10, 2009, 01:00 AM
Cricket Legend

One of the largest pro-Palestinian groups on Facebook with over 125,000 members, "Stop the Invasion of Gaza," was hacked into and DELETED today by JIDF. This group had no "questionable" material or posters, and admins were actually banning anyone who seemed to post inappropriate comments/photos/videos.

This is an egregious action...
Old January 10, 2009, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

http://www.thecommentfactory.com/don...nt-speaks-1326
Quote:
Our group on Facebook, “PREVENT A NEW GENOCIDE; SAVE GAZA”, got hacked by a group called the Jewish Internet Defense Force (JIDF). They changed the picture in the group to a picture of the Israeli flag and wrote, “This group is closed due to the fact that there is no such thing as Palestine”. In the info section of the forum they wrote, “game over”.
Old January 10, 2009, 10:59 AM
Cricket Legend

eirokom open shontrash !!! they are getting away with the powerful backing they have....

dont mind the battle over the internet if the actual war stops...
Old January 11, 2009, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

I still dont get how they hack facebook groups. Unless they have Admin status or the admin made one of the JIDF guys an admin which is a very stupid thing to do, I cant see how they hack. Unless they have some magic power.
Old January 11, 2009, 02:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
One of the largest pro-Palestinian groups on Facebook with over 125,000 members, "Stop the Invasion of Gaza," was hacked into and DELETED today by JIDF. This group had no "questionable" material or posters, and admins were actually banning anyone who seemed to post inappropriate comments/photos/videos.

This is an egregious action...
i don't know why the JIDF bothers...someone will just put up another group...its just as futile as the violence in the middle east, even more so, since bloodlust cannot be quenched with internet or facebook battles.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 11, 2009, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Facebook is under contruction, or possibly down at the moment

Coincidence?
Old January 13, 2009, 05:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

They have suspended and closing down many Youtube accounts with Gaza or related videos. Is there anything can be done against this???
Old January 13, 2009, 07:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
They have suspended and closing down many Youtube accounts with Gaza or related videos. Is there anything can be done against this???
Nope.