facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 13, 2010, 06:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Default "These people have no future, they are gangsters..." - Zoran

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=126201
Quote:
The regime of Serbian football coach Zoran Djordjevic has come into an early end as the Bangladesh Football Federation refused to make a new four-year contract with the successful Serbian coach citing lack of money.

Over the last three days, the football governing body had been struggling to retain the service of the Serbian coach as well as waiting for president Kazi Salahuddin for the final decision on Zoran, who had demanded a long-term contract upto 2014 after guiding Bangladesh to emerge as unbeaten champions in the football event of the just concluded South Asian Games on home soil.

"He (Zoran) wants a four-year contract at the moment and he won't go with the national team in Sri Lanka until the new contract worth Tk 7 crore is signed. But we have no ability to get such a large amount of money. Besides, it is also not possible to sign a new contract within a very short period and I thanked him for his service in the SA Games," said Salahuddin after emerging from a short meeting with Zoran at the BFF House yesterday.

Djordjevic and his two assistants Zoran Kraljedic and Berber Dabor arrived here in January to guide the national football team in the South Asian Games as well as the AFC Challenge Cup finals under a two-month contract.

Salahuddin returned home last morning from London and had a discussion with the Serbian coach in a bid to retain his service as the national team are scheduled to leave here for Sri Lanka for the AFC Challenge Cup finals today.

Zoran, who claimed he was a free man after clinching the football title in SA Games on February 8, skipped conducting the training despite the declaration of a 20-member squad that he chose for the AFC Challenge Cup.

Accepting Zoran's notion, Salahuddin offered him another one-month contract, but the Serbian stuck to his demand of signing a four-year deal in the discussion.

"You are right that you had a one-month contract and now we are ready to offer him another month-long contract, but he stuck to his demand of signing a four-year contract though I was ready to give him double of what was in the first contract," said the BFF boss adding that there was no opportunity to negotiate with Zoran again.

Zoran, however, rejected that the BFF offered him for another month contract and said he would leave Bangladesh as soon as he gets his due.

"I am very sorry for Bangladesh and the future of football.

I don't feel better here and will leave Bangladesh when I get my passport, tickets and remuneration," said the 57-year old coach.

Zoran, however, was also critical of the BFF officials.

"I am very upset. They don't have vision and they don't want the betterment of football. These people have no future, they are gangsters and they are not working for football,' claimed Zoran.

Salahuddin, however, said that he found Zoran totally a different person after and before the SA Games.

"There is no similarity in his words and behaviour before and after the South Asian Games as he had prepared two teams -- one for SA Games and other for AFC Challenge Cup during the training but he was now talking other things and I can't accept this," said Salahuddin.

Salahuddin is now looking forward to gaining a good European coach before the national team's assignment in the World Cup Qualifying in October.

The BFF boss said that Zoran had contribution in making Bangladesh champions, but the federation did a great job investing a lot of money during the off-season.

"Zoran has contribution but it is not a lone success of Zoran because we spent a lot of money to keep the players fit throughout the year after arranging a conditioning camp during the off-season," said the former Bangladesh international.

He also believed Zoran wanted to cash in on the people's passion on football through pressing them hard to make a new contract.
I guess it's fair enough if we can't afford to keep him then we can't keep him buy why have things turned so sour? Who is he referring to as gangsters?

Old February 13, 2010, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=126201

I guess it's fair enough if we can't afford to keep him then we can't keep him buy why have things turned so sour? Who is he referring to as gangsters?
Lol. I watched him on TV. He was crying. Lmaoo. He is just upset he got fired. Idiot. He should have waited till the SL tournament. Thats what SalahUddin said.
Old February 13, 2010, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

another scapegoat by BFF
Old February 13, 2010, 11:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Good riddance! The Serbian doughboy got much too much credit for Dido's work and wanted too much money based on that. Dropping Enamul and retaining an open-net missing, unfit modon like "Ameli" was nothing short of criminal. But he WAS right about the contract. "Until" does not mean "Through" in a contractual understanding. Then again guys like Badal Roy are barely literate in English.

That said, Badal Roy and his chamchas need to get fired. They represent the idiocy and poison of today. Badal had Dido fired in order to reinstate akaimmahs like Rajani, Nazrul and "Ameli", and never paid the price for his BS even after the shameless failure of SAFF tournament. Dido's boys were brought back and they won the gold.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; February 17, 2010 at 01:10 AM..
Old February 15, 2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

I truly believe Kazi Salahuddin is not able to control or lead the BFF the way he wants to.
Old February 15, 2010, 11:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

In this case BFF is right. This serbian is a gangstar. Just like our politicians he tried to take credit of other's work (read Dido) and based on that he wanted to cash in. He is not prepared to take chance in SL if he failed as he has no idea on the team. Otherwise he would not drop enamul but emily remain
Old February 16, 2010, 06:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

all the players were happy with ZORAN. all the players said that zoran had that extra bit in him, that actually helped the team to win the SA games. even enamul was in favour of the coach even he was dropped.

i think we should appoint a long term coach for the development of football. and zoran was ready t serve. but the gangsters of BFF did not let him. lots of money are wasted in lots of areas. 7 crore as not a big amount considering that.
Old February 16, 2010, 01:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Gangster = Roy and goons.
Old February 17, 2010, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Bring Dido back!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)