facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 14, 2005, 04:53 AM
Street Cricketer

Default The deficiancies are:

(ref the players)

SKILL, PHYSIQUE and MENTAL STRENGTH

Every time we have we play a Test match or ODI I always track the score. This morning I logged on to Cricinfo to find the score 86 all out. The newspapers, TV and radio coverage are all about Freddie Flintoff and Pieterson's heriocs in the Ashes series here. I have to say that as someone that is born and brought up in this country (with Bangla parents) I am proud that England won the Ashes but I certainly didn't cry like I did when Bangladesh beat Australia.
The simple truth is that the Bangladeshi players are not good enough. Where you don't have SKILL, you need to have POWER to bowl and bat and I am afraid we Bangladeshis have physical deficiencies which do not help.
I went to the Oval to watch England V Bangladesh in the one-day game that we last by 10 wickets. The players are physically inferior to the English. Flintoff looked like he was shaking hands with a boys team after the game. Other countries in the sub-continent have a little better PHYSIQUE but an abundance of SKILL.
One final thing, as much as I enjoyed Ashraful get his 100 against Australia, his elation showed that he was ultimately weak minded, especially when he kept on saying, "thanks Allah" all the time. He seems like a nervous person and you cannot play test cricket if you're of a nervous disposition. The English have far more control of their emotions and are able to focus.

Old September 14, 2005, 05:08 AM
Club Cricketer

amar bolar kichu e nei..............
Old September 14, 2005, 05:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cosy Slippers
(ref the players)

One final thing, as much as I enjoyed Ashraful get his 100 against Australia, his elation showed that he was ultimately weak minded, especially when he kept on saying, "thanks Allah" all the time. He seems like a nervous person and you cannot play test cricket if you're of a nervous disposition. The English have far more control of their emotions and are able to focus.
So in your opinion expressing gratitude towards God is sign of weak mindedness ?
The lad was nervous because of his inability to express himself properly in english in England.
Old September 14, 2005, 08:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Umpires

ash is a boka cho**, thats want Cosy slippers meant and he is right..

too much praise for short lived (almost accidental) good performance. player gulo ke nagto kore Anju Ghsh diya chabuk maira lobon lagate hobe..shapla chottorer upor. they live on our taxpayers money..and they humiliate us.
Old September 14, 2005, 08:19 AM
Club Cricketer

thanking Allah dont mean you are weak....ur very wrong mate.
Old September 14, 2005, 08:28 AM
Club Cricketer

its nothing to do with bd players being small....look at . bd is lacking experience.
Old September 14, 2005, 09:03 AM
Cricket Sage

I think they have vitamin E deficiancies.
Old September 14, 2005, 09:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
I think they have vitamin E deficiancies.
You forgot A through D and F through Z.
Old September 14, 2005, 12:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Remembering Allah does not mean he's weak. We're Muslims and we should always remember Him either if we're going through a good time or a bad patch.
Old September 14, 2005, 04:12 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by loyalfan
My point is that if Mohammed Ashraful gets a century THEN he alone has got a century. You have to believe in your own ability and not rely on any deity. He comes across as someone that is poorly focused and lacks confidence.
Old September 14, 2005, 07:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by loyalfan
My point is that if Mohammed Ashraful gets a century THEN he alone has got a century. You have to believe in your own ability and not rely on any deity. He comes across as someone that is poorly focused and lacks confidence.
some players are more religious than others, it doesnt mean they are weak minded. few pak players i.e. inzimam thanks god after every innings. u cant call him weak minded or lack of focus.
Old September 15, 2005, 12:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

stop this utter b.s bashing of ashraful. absolutely unbelievable comments!! for all that is wrong with our cricket team, it is the only bright light in our sports arena. they represent us and put us in the sporting map. and ashraful is the bright shining light in this team. he is a phenom and the only cricketer ever in our cricket who can aspire to be great. i admit, he has been going through a psychological barrier which has consistently hindered his performance. but remember he came into a team who accepted defeat before coming on the field, never had a role model to nurture his skills and is expected to be the senior member at 20-21 years of age. Not everyone develops maturity and wordly knowledge at such a tender age. give him space to grow up, because ash and his likes are our only chance of sporting success in the years to come.
Old September 15, 2005, 08:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

I think whatever your belief is you should keep that out at least during the interviews. If he's trying to be modest than it's a different thing. Many other people believe in god but they don't bring it up... Look at Dravid, Sachin, Kallis, Ponting, Lara, Mcgrath, Warne, Bond etc they don't mention god's name and it's not because they don't believe in gods. It's a personal thing i guess. But it shouldn't be because you're not only representing yourself but the whole country. Aussies get that. To me Pakistan is the only team that does it all the time and I hate it when we Bangladeshis support something because of religion. In cricket you're representing your country first and foremost not your religion. I think Ash is trying to forget the word in front of his Jersey which says "Bangladesh". I remember when an australian fielder missed a easy catch against India because he didn't put the effort Steve pointed at the Baggy green logo just to remind him what he was representing. That's called pride. Too often Bangladeshi lack that. By making this kind of statements, he is separating people of other religions in Bangladesh. If talks about the country itself people would feel united and can relate to it. Pakistan is a bad example for many reasons and thus he should stay away from it... I remember when Sachin score a century against Pakistan in world cup 2003 he mentioned that this is the third time India beat Pakistan. Talked about country didn't talk about god and as most of you know Tendulkar is very religious. That made everyone feel good about the country. Imagine if Ash was Christian started making reference to Jesus I would still say the same thing. Religion doesn't matter when play for your country and thus, such statements should not be made in public just for the reasons i mentioned.
I don't know... it's just an observation and an opinion don't read too much into it...
Finally, I just hope i didn't offend anyone here, hopefully won't get banned from this site because my opinion.
Old September 15, 2005, 11:23 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Ashraful was saying 'thanks to Allah' because he was finding it difficult to search for proper English words and that's it.
Old September 15, 2005, 12:05 PM
Street Cricketer

'thanking Allah' is great and a desirable thing. After all it is Allah who made us from nothing and gave us the speech, vison, hearing and all bodily organs which we utilize in our day to day life including playing cricket. There is nothing wrong in 'thanking Allah publicly', in fact it can serve as good reminder for many of us muslims, who should be thankful for all the favours Allah bestowed upon us. Good job Ashraful!.
Old September 15, 2005, 01:35 PM
Street Cricketer

Some great opinions from everyone. It is important to discuss these issues. No offence is meant to be caused.

I agree with FWULLAH he was struggling with the English, especially as it was Michael ' I've got a broad Jamaican accent' Holding asking the questions. BUT, when Ash scored his 100, he looked to the skies and then did what appeared to be a 'namaz (prayer) motion'. However, looking at HELLO_CRICKET's response, does Ash blame Allah publicly for his lack of form? As you indicate, if he goes on to the pitch believing that Allah will choose if he has a GOOD or BAD day at the crease then he will never fulfill his potential.
Someone needs to tell Ash that he has talent and yes, I agree with ROARING TIGER, it is a shame that he cannot transfer to another country with players oozing in confidence.
Old September 15, 2005, 06:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
(ref the players)

so if ash had said "f**k australia, they ain't s**t. if i had down's syndrome, and was blindfolded, i woulda scored a 50 ball 300 against them" he would be strong-minded. yea i actually agree with you. what was this moron happy about. he should have committed suicide in shame. who the hell is proud of a hard fought win?

Edited on, September 15, 2005, 11:22 PM GMT, by al Furqaan.
Old September 15, 2005, 06:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally posted by Ishtylish cricketer
I think whatever your belief is you should keep that out at least during the interviews. If he's trying to be modest than it's a different thing. Many other people believe in god but they don't bring it up... Look at Dravid, Sachin, Kallis, Ponting, Lara, Mcgrath, Warne, Bond etc they don't mention god's name and it's not because they don't believe in gods. It's a personal thing i guess. But it shouldn't be because you're not only representing yourself but the whole country. Aussies get that. To me Pakistan is the only team that does it all the time and I hate it when we Bangladeshis support something because of religion. In cricket you're representing your country first and foremost not your religion. I think Ash is trying to forget the word in front of his Jersey which says "Bangladesh". I remember when an australian fielder missed a easy catch against India because he didn't put the effort Steve pointed at the Baggy green logo just to remind him what he was representing. That's called pride. Too often Bangladeshi lack that. By making this kind of statements, he is separating people of other religions in Bangladesh. If talks about the country itself people would feel united and can relate to it. Pakistan is a bad example for many reasons and thus he should stay away from it... I remember when Sachin score a century against Pakistan in world cup 2003 he mentioned that this is the third time India beat Pakistan. Talked about country didn't talk about god and as most of you know Tendulkar is very religious. That made everyone feel good about the country. Imagine if Ash was Christian started making reference to Jesus I would still say the same thing. Religion doesn't matter when play for your country and thus, such statements should not be made in public just for the reasons i mentioned.
I don't know... it's just an observation and an opinion don't read too much into it...
Finally, I just hope i didn't offend anyone here, hopefully won't get banned from this site because my opinion.
so if tapash plays well should he not have the right to say "thank baghavan"? of course he should. ash wasn't saying that allah makes him play bad or well, he was expressing gratitude, hence the word 'thanks'. when you thank someone for a gift are you saying that person gives you gifts as well as grief? not at all.

ash forgot the word bangladesh on his jersey? maybe cuz bangladesh has been around since 1971 and allah has been here forever. and if someone ever drops a nuke on bangladesh, well then there it goes. but who is gonna nuke god?
Old September 15, 2005, 11:17 PM
Club Cricketer

O gosh! Guys and Gals! Just focus on cricket! Ash is a brilliant player.

Score a century against Australia and then show what you got. Total nonsense. I don't care what he says, Allah or Bhogoban at this stage.
Old September 15, 2005, 11:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Come on guys. Ease up on Ash. There are only 1 to 3 players in our team who can give us hope of a better team and performance. When they don't perform we get bitterly disappointed.

Religon is a personal issue. It is separated from nation, sports, etc. Leave it be.

We share our thougts, views about BD cricket in this site. Don't be disrespecting to the members. If you have to talk about religon please go to the appropriate site.
Old September 17, 2005, 12:25 PM
Street Cricketer

Again, I repeat no offence was meant to be caused. I am just at the end of my tether with the team and probably grappling at straws. I think Ash is a great player and he wasn't meant to be singled out.
Old September 17, 2005, 02:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BanglaCool
Quote:
(ref the players)

So in your opinion expressing gratitude towards God is sign of weak mindedness ?
The lad was nervous because of his inability to express himself properly in english in England.
exactly, Thanking Allah has nothing go to do with his mental strentgh. he was nervous, anyone can tell, he is only 21 for god sakes.
Old September 17, 2005, 02:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by hello_cricket
'thanking Allah' is great and a desirable thing. After all it is Allah who made us from nothing and gave us the speech, vison, hearing and all bodily organs which we utilize in our day to day life including playing cricket. There is nothing wrong in 'thanking Allah publicly', in fact it can serve as good reminder for many of us muslims, who should be thankful for all the favours Allah bestowed upon us. Good job Ashraful!.
nicely put bro, perfect/
Old September 17, 2005, 10:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

why do we always say taxpayers money! in fact very few pay real taxes in BD. the system of tax collection is not like india or us. and many just cheat thier way through during tax season just by bribing the appropriate tax officer.

the other topic about saying thanks to Allah is very praiseworthy. i.e., you belief that nobody is superior to God, whatever may be the religion. I have no doubt Ash has the nerve to face anything.
Old September 18, 2005, 09:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by DotBall
Come on guys. Ease up on Ash. There are only 1 to 3 players in our team who can give us hope of a better team and performance. When they don't perform we get bitterly disappointed.

Religon is a personal issue. It is separated from nation, sports, etc. Leave it be.

We share our thougts, views about BD cricket in this site. Don't be disrespecting to the members. If you have to talk about religon please go to the appropriate site.