facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 3, 2011, 11:26 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Not really. On many occassions he indirectly said that our players don't have the desire to do well.
Let me correct you before you defame me. I never said our players don't have the desire to do well. I said world class players have that desire.

If ANY player wants to do well they need 'improvement in their heart', because what's in your heart is more important than what's in your head.

My view is that some players did not have the confidence in themselves or their ability. They lacked the belief. When I arrived in September, I said I wanted the bowlers to be the best version of themselves possible. I do feel we are seeing a road towards that and progress is made.

Any cricketer has to take responsibility for his own career and his own performances. This is what PROFESSIONAL sports people do. A desire to do well is part of that professionalism, otherwise there is no point in playing.

If you want to be world class and have the things world class players have, you have to do the same things those world class players do. This is pretty obvious. A coach is here to facilitate and make it happen, but only the player can take the steps.

Old April 3, 2011, 05:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Not really. On many occassions he indirectly said that our players don't have the desire to do well.

Listen man, in any sports or any discipline, if you have to be world class, you got to sacrifice a great deal. Have to give up a lots of comfort and leisure for self improvement. You all know as a student that merely understanding in the class isn't enough. You had to spend prolonged hours in study/research to be the best. And when it comes to skill develioment, you got to spend more time in nets/indoors practicing to perfect skills. There is hardly a few guys who are known to be doing it occassionally and Tamim is one of them.

Why even Ian have to say that, There are characters who donot display the desire to learn or are not able to improve further in fan's eyes. You can see a lots of Fans saying the same for last 4 years. And pont said, that our players take much more time to learn than other top international players. Do you have any dispute in that? then Follow BD cricket more closely.

And your, point of Ian making fans by coming to BC, was so cheap. BC would be a chaotic place during world cup, if he wasn't explaining certain facts and giving those information. WC is just over and you people forget everything so fast, How over whelmed all BCites were when they came? Just read a few begining posts if you haven't yet.

Our bowling & Fielding unit was way better than Batting and I feel both these IP & JF are capable coaches, that's one of the reasons they didn't hessitate facing the fans & their questions. In my book they have proven their capacity, professionalism, personality in their positions.
Old April 4, 2011, 06:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

If members here take cheap shots at Ian, he will be disgusted and not visit anymore, he has made improvements to the fast bowlers, it is up to the bowlers, as they have to work hard and practice what the coaches teaches them. They should take example of Malinga who bowls at the toes of a pair of cricketing boots.
Old April 4, 2011, 10:31 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Player Who Can Play ;

Glenn Mcgrath but he won't come ;

So , try Shaun Pollock instead ;

Thanks for your contribution so far without you we never would have had any single win in this world cup for sure caz our bowlers won us these matches what we have just won in that world cup ;
Old April 7, 2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricFreaky
Glenn Mcgrath but he won't come ;

So , try Shaun Pollock instead ;

Thanks for your contribution so far without you we never would have had any single win in this world cup for sure caz our bowlers won us these matches what we have just won in that world cup ;
I think the players deserve someone who can carry on the work to be honest. We have made some steady (and good) progress with this current group that includes, Shafiul, Nazmul, Rubel, Shahadat, Robin and Rusty (Syed Rasel). I feel sorry that Mash's fitness has caught up with him as he had also showed progress towards the end of 2010.

Other good lads like Shumon, Emon and Rabbi, too are potentials for the future hopefully.

I do fully understand the BD attitudes, fans and culture. I have good plans. Plus of course I know the players. My heartfelt view is BD has a whole bunch of talented quicks who would really benefit from direct coaching on speed and accuracy training. I sincerely hope I can continue at some stage and at some level
Old April 7, 2011, 04:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
......... My heartfelt view is BD has a whole bunch of talented quicks who would really benefit from direct coaching on speed and accuracy training. I sincerely hope I can continue at some stage
Do you think Bangladesh should set up a Pace academy ?
Would such move help the talented players to become good fast bowlers?

How about moving your business MCI to Bangladesh ?
Old April 7, 2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Do you think Bangladesh should set up a Pace academy ?
Would such move help the talented players to become good fast bowlers?

How about moving your business MCI to Bangladesh ?
I know there is/has been a Pace Foundation. But I would love to see a Pace Academy (similarly funded like MRF has been) with the sole aim of producing great fast bowlers from Bangladesh. In a country of 160 million people, there really has to be AT LEAST 50 high quality prospects!

What BD lacks through no fault of BD, is quality fast bowling coaching that will develop the talent around. This is an area I can very much help in and also give some hope to the national team by helping the selectors choose more than two fast bowlers!

I am always open to an "MCI" style academy... which is what MRF really is in a way.

If the BCB are willing...