facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old October 4, 2016, 02:13 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Oh I know that, just saying once you're dropped, especially as an opener, you probably won't see him in the national team. Unless you're Kayes.

Might as well say goodbye to the young Sarkar
this flat track in fotullah should be his last chance, kaedge took the chance and he needs to be selected atleast for the first 2 odis, Sarkar will be back..you and I both know Kaedge will not last long
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote

  #502  
Old October 4, 2016, 02:16 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 9,865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
this flat track in fotullah should be his last chance, kaedge took the chance and he needs to be selected atleast for the first 2 odis, Sarkar will be back..you and I both know Kaedge will not last long
Yeh but in the meantime we might unearth the next best, young, BDeshi opener since sliced bread like we always do. Kayes will always be played in that awkward transitional period where the superstar we thought we found, fades away and we quickly go looking for another one.
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old October 4, 2016, 05:56 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,468

he is not a permanent drop but a temporary one.

He never had any special stats except a double Hundred in u-19 level and coach liked him. Haturasinghe has a vastly different style of coaching then Siddons. Haturasinghe give splayer the freedom to express himself i think Haturasinghe is applying the Marvan Attapattu principle with Soumya thinking *He will eventually come good* meaning short term loss/long term gain...
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old October 4, 2016, 08:19 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 28,727

It's a soft drop, not a hard one...he will be back
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old October 4, 2016, 08:19 AM
Shadow Shadow is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Posts: 1,412

Hathurasinghe saw a brief innings by Soumya where he played couple of amazing shots and took two catches in the slip and he thought " This is the guy I want". Haturashinghe will definitely give Soumya more chances as he genuinely believes Soumya will develop as a player in the long run. If it was anyone else he would have already dropped him.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old October 4, 2016, 09:22 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 28,727

Soumya, I suggest you look at the film, Miracle. This quote will resonate with you:

Quote:
You think you can win on talent alone? Gentlemen, you don't have enough talent to win on talent alone.
- Herb Brooks

Let that sink in..

Thank me later.

P.S.
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old October 4, 2016, 09:40 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,880

He needs to be playing the NCL instead of this series. FC can do wonders to a young batsman
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old October 4, 2016, 09:43 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 13,503

I hope he will come back stronger and be better than just an ODI specialist.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old October 4, 2016, 10:03 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Hathurasinghe saw a brief innings by Soumya where he played couple of amazing shots and took two catches in the slip and he thought " This is the guy I want". Haturashinghe will definitely give Soumya more chances as he genuinely believes Soumya will develop as a player in the long run. If it was anyone else he would have already dropped him.
Hathurasinghe saw, believed on him. Do you remember the WC 2015? Anamul gets hurt (shoulder dislocated) in the first game? BD scrambles to get Imrul in. An in-form Imrul I might say. Al-Amin is sent back. Imrul flops big time. Sarkar repaid his belief and some more.

This boy who had no big game experience opens with the NEW BALL for BD. Do you know how much nerve it takes to open with the new ball at this stage?

For batting he was promoted up the order. He never opened in Domestic before. Now he is #3 playing in the World CUP?

Then he is pushed even farther. Now he is opening with Tamim and out performing him. Yes, averaging 42+ with the current slump.
20 30 18 4 0 111.11 3 caught 2 v Zimbabwe Dhaka 1 Dec 2014 ODI # 3559
28 51 25 3 1 112.00 3 lbw 1 v Afghanistan Canberra 18 Feb 2015 ODI # 3605
25 24 15 5 0 166.66 3 caught 2 v Sri Lanka Melbourne 26 Feb 2015 ODI # 3615
2 7 5 0 0 40.00 2 caught 2 v Scotland Nelson 5 Mar 2015 ODI # 3624
40 83 52 5 1 76.92 3 caught 1 v England Adelaide 9 Mar 2015 ODI # 3630
51 94 58 7 0 87.93 3 caught 1 v New Zealand Hamilton 13 Mar 2015 ODI # 3634
29 59 43 3 1 67.44 3 caught 2 v India Melbourne 19 Mar 2015 ODI # 3641
20 62 36 3 0 55.55 2 run out 1 v Pakistan Dhaka 17 Apr 2015 ODI # 3647
17 12 11 4 0 154.54 2 caught 2 v Pakistan Dhaka 19 Apr 2015 ODI # 3648
127* 182 110 13 6 115.45 2 not out 2 v Pakistan Dhaka 22 Apr 2015 ODI # 3649
54 56 40 8 1 135.00 2 run out 1 v India Dhaka 18 Jun 2015 ODI # 3658
34 70 47 2 1 72.34 2 lbw 2 v India Dhaka 21 Jun 2015 ODI # 3660
40 47 34 5 2 117.64 2 caught 2 v India Dhaka 24 Jun 2015 ODI # 3661
27 37 27 4 0 100.00 2 caught 1 v South Africa Dhaka 10 Jul 2015 ODI # 3663
88* 126 79 13 1 111.39 2 not out 2 v South Africa Dhaka 12 Jul 2015 ODI # 3666
90 107 75 13 1 120.00 2 caught 2 v South Africa Chittagong 15 Jul 2015 ODI # 3668
0 4 3 0 0 0.00 2 caught 1 v Afghanistan Dhaka 25 Sep 2016 ODI # 3781
20 52 31 2 0 64.51 2 caught 1 v Afghanistan Dhaka 28 Sep 2016 ODI # 3783
11 21 11 1 0 100.00 2 caught 1 v Afghanistan Dhaka 1 Oct 2016 ODI # 3786


He destroys Pakistan, India, and SA bowling attack. Suddenly, he can't forget how to bat. All he needs a little bit more time and confidence. My take is give him another chance against England. One game and that is all I ask.

I was always proponent of; to regain form International side is not the place. I still am. But this talent is not an every day talent. It is a generation talent. We can't just put him aside. Give him one more chance. 1st England ODI. Then send him back to NCL.

Case and point: Younis Khan had a terrible England series in the first three games (recently ended). He held the most important position in the lineup 2nd down. His scores in that series were 25, 33, 28, 1, 4, and 31. People were questioning his inclusion and he has past his prime. Then the storm came. 218, DNB.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old October 4, 2016, 10:06 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 13,503

^^ Soumya was groomed as an opener. At U/19, he and Liton opened while Anam came as one-down.

He did not suddenly forget how to bat, he struggled for a year since he came back from his rib injury.

Someone like Younis has years of experience, he came back from many dips in his career. Soumya facing first dip, and so far doing very poorly to get out of it. It's not going to be as easy to him given his lack of maturity at this point of his career.

Get your facts right T_E.
Reply With Quote
  #511  
Old October 4, 2016, 10:11 AM
Cricket4All Cricket4All is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 18, 2014
Posts: 852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Case and point: Younis Khan had a terrible England series in the first three games (recently ended). He held the most important position in the lineup 2nd down. His scores in that series were 25, 33, 28, 1, 4, 31, DNB. People were questioning his inclusion and he has past his prime. Then the storm came. 218.
I guess Pakistani think-tank made the call based on Younis Khan's large sample size. On the other hand Soumya is an emerging player who played exceptionally well only in one calendar year (2015).
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old October 4, 2016, 10:14 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ Soumya was groomed as an opener. At U/19, he and Liton opened while Anam came as one-down.

He did not suddenly forget how to bat, he struggled for a year since he came back from his rib injury.

Someone like Younis has years of experience, he came back from many dips in his career. Soumya facing first dip, and so far doing very poorly to get out of it. It's not going to be as easy to him given his lack of maturity at this point of his career.

Get your facts right T_E.
Hmm!!! May be.

However, in league play I am certain he came down the order in domestic cricket.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old October 4, 2016, 10:32 AM
Rifat_02's Avatar
Rifat_02 Rifat_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 18, 2007
Posts: 2,145

3 or 4 good series is not enough, there have been many players who looked like a star when they came and faded away with time. Anyone remember Shamsur Rahman now? he looked a star in making back in 2013 so did Anamul but neither of them are in the squad now. Nasir Hossain has also disappointed after his start.

Pakistan's Nasir Jamshed and Junaid Khan are same as well, they looked a million bucks in series against India, doing well away from home and where are they now?

Soumya will be finished if he doesn't get his act together and work hard on improving his deficiencies

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old October 4, 2016, 10:39 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,880

3 days before the match begins and BCB hasn't made any announcement regarding ticket sales.

Also, is star sports going to broadcast this show?
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old October 4, 2016, 10:40 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
3 or 4 good series is not enough, there have been many players who looked like a star when they came and faded away with time. Anyone remember Shamsur Rahman now? he looked a star in making back in 2013 so did Anamul but neither of them are in the squad now.
back to back to back? No BD player has ever been so consistent and faded away. None. Try to name any.

This is Samsur Rahman's batting scores:

25, 96, 62, 0, 25, 7, 0, 39, 8, 4. Avg 26.

Apples vs Oranges.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old October 4, 2016, 11:16 AM
Rifat_02's Avatar
Rifat_02 Rifat_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 18, 2007
Posts: 2,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
back to back to back? No BD player has ever been so consistent and faded away. None. Try to name any.

This is Samsur Rahman's batting scores:

25, 96, 62, 0, 25, 7, 0, 39, 8, 4. Avg 26.

Apples vs Oranges.
You conveniently picked only one player out of the whole lot I gave as examples. Shamsur Rahman may not have done it back to back but he was definitely touted as a star after the New Zealand series and after his great BPL.

What about the likes of Nasir Hossain, Anamul, Nasir Jamshed and Junaid Khan etc. These guys did well not just one series but multiple and yet now struggling to get into their national squad.

About no Bangladeshi player doing it, Ashraful also did something no other player in the world did at age of 17 vs one of the best bowlers in the world, yet he averages 23/24/25. Consistency is key and Soumya has been failing for the past one year for many matches now.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old October 5, 2016, 03:52 AM
Cricket4All Cricket4All is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 18, 2014
Posts: 852



Former Bangladesh captain Gazi Ashraf Hossain in his popular column in a local newspaper on Thursday said his innings in the qualifying round provided a kind of message that Bangladesh coach Chandika Hathurusinghe should have read.

“I have said earlier Soumya needs a break,” said Ashraf. “Sometimes players give a message through their performance and body language, which is what Soumya is giving now.”

“Coaches need to understand that. For some reason, our coach cannot understand the message. He is pushing an out of form player to a more hapless situation.”


Source: http://cricwizz.com/bangladesh-give-...-sarkar-break/
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old October 5, 2016, 04:26 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
3 days before the match begins and BCB hasn't made any announcement regarding ticket sales.

Also, is star sports going to broadcast this show?
Yh star sports will show the whole series.
__________________
হোঁচট খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবুও হার মানিনি। বাঁধা এসেছে বারবার, তবুও থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকুন... ইনশাল্লাহ আল্লাহ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old October 5, 2016, 09:15 AM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,666

As I said earlier he is figured out by the opposition. The same shots he played before and got runs are the shots that are costing him the wickets.. It was just a matter of setting him up and setting up the field accordingly. I dont even know what he needs to be honest. He had all the time to get his confidence back in DPL and last BPL and all the practice matches... He was terrible in all of them. So something tells me its beyond a confidence and a technique issue. With his current playing style, he seems more suited for a finishers role or even a middle order role. But to do that atleast, he needs to go back to the domestic and test it. Making the team as a no.6-7 won't be easy as we have decent players already for that.
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old October 5, 2016, 09:51 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
As I said earlier he is figured out by the opposition. The same shots he played before and got runs are the shots that are costing him the wickets.. It was just a matter of setting him up and setting up the field accordingly. I dont even know what he needs to be honest. He had all the time to get his confidence back in DPL and last BPL and all the practice matches....
Really? DPL and BPL players do research on opponent players?

If it was that easy then SA should have done better against him because they had tons of video on him (Pak and Ind series).
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #521  
Old October 5, 2016, 10:05 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 13,503

^^ BPL/DPL have BKSP coaches as well as Soumya's former BKSP classmates. They are actually in the best position to know his limitations (until he overcome those).
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old October 5, 2016, 03:17 PM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 10,847

আলোর সন্ধানে সৌম্য

ব্যাটিংয়ের সমস্যাটা কি ধরতে পারলেন?
সৌম্য: বুঝতে পারছি না। আমার তো এখন প্রত্যেকটা জিনিসেই সমস্যা মনে হচ্ছে। মনে হচ্ছে কিছুই ঠিক হচ্ছে না। খারাপ সময় যাচ্ছে তো, বোধ হয় সে জন্যই।
 জাতীয় দলে আসার পর তো এ রকম পরিস্থিতিতে এই প্রথম পড়লেন...
সৌম্য: সেটাই...দেখা যাক কী হয়। চেষ্টা তো করতে হবে।
 সমস্যাটা কি মানসিক নাকি টেকনিক্যাল? কিছু বুঝতে পারছেন?
সৌম্য: টেকনিক্যাল বোধ হয় না। মানসিকই হবে। ভালো একটা ইনিংস খেলতে পারলে হয়তো সব ঠিক হয়ে যাবে।........


সৌম্য: অনেকের সঙ্গেই কথা বলেছি। আমার বিকেএসপির কোচ, দলে বড় ভাইরা যাঁরা আছেন...সবার সঙ্গে। ওনারা ভালো ভালো পরামর্শ দিয়েছেন। কিন্তু সবাই সবার অভিজ্ঞতা অনুযায়ী বলেছেন। কারোটার সঙ্গে কারোটার মিল নেই। এসব শুনে আমি আরও সমস্যায় পড়ে যাই। কারটা শুনব! কার কথামতো কাজ করব?
সৌম্যর প্রশ্নটা নিজেকে উদ্দেশ করেই। এরপর নেটের দিকে হাঁটা শুরু করলেন ধীরপায়ে। যেন সব সমস্যার সমাধান ওই চতুষ্কোণে। সবার কথা শুনতে হবে, কিন্তু কাজটা করতে হবে মনের কথা শুনে। সৌম্যকেই খুঁজে বের করতে হবে সৌম্যের সমস্যা। সমাধানও।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A7%8D%E0%A6%AF

He is now confused as hell. Reading his interview I am now even more convinced it's better for him to get a break for now.
__________________
Don't be a blind fan, be rational
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old October 5, 2016, 03:38 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 13,503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket4All

“I have said earlier Soumya needs a break,” said Ashraf. “Sometimes players give a message through their performance and body language, which is what Soumya is giving now.”

Source: http://cricwizz.com/bangladesh-give-...-sarkar-break/
I think Lipu is right on the money here.
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old October 5, 2016, 03:52 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
আলোর সন্ধানে সৌম্য

ব্যাটিংয়ের সমস্যাটা কি ধরতে পারলেন?
সৌম্য: বুঝতে পারছি না। আমার তো এখন প্রত্যেকটা জিনিসেই সমস্যা মনে হচ্ছে। মনে হচ্ছে কিছুই ঠিক হচ্ছে না। খারাপ সময় যাচ্ছে তো, বোধ হয় সে জন্যই।
 জাতীয় দলে আসার পর তো এ রকম পরিস্থিতিতে এই প্রথম পড়লেন...
সৌম্য: সেটাই...দেখা যাক কী হয়। চেষ্টা তো করতে হবে।
 সমস্যাটা কি মানসিক নাকি টেকনিক্যাল? কিছু বুঝতে পারছেন?
সৌম্য: টেকনিক্যাল বোধ হয় না। মানসিকই হবে। ভালো একটা ইনিংস খেলতে পারলে হয়তো সব ঠিক হয়ে যাবে।........


সৌম্য: অনেকের সঙ্গেই কথা বলেছি। আমার বিকেএসপির কোচ, দলে বড় ভাইরা যাঁরা আছেন...সবার সঙ্গে। ওনারা ভালো ভালো পরামর্শ দিয়েছেন। কিন্তু সবাই সবার অভিজ্ঞতা অনুযায়ী বলেছেন। কারোটার সঙ্গে কারোটার মিল নেই। এসব শুনে আমি আরও সমস্যায় পড়ে যাই। কারটা শুনব! কার কথামতো কাজ করব?
সৌম্যর প্রশ্নটা নিজেকে উদ্দেশ করেই। এরপর নেটের দিকে হাঁটা শুরু করলেন ধীরপায়ে। যেন সব সমস্যার সমাধান ওই চতুষ্কোণে। সবার কথা শুনতে হবে, কিন্তু কাজটা করতে হবে মনের কথা শুনে। সৌম্যকেই খুঁজে বের করতে হবে সৌম্যের সমস্যা। সমাধানও।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A7%8D%E0%A6%AF

He is now confused as hell. Reading his interview I am now even more convinced it's better for him to get a break for now.

No problem. Remember when Tamim first came into the Scene...Tamim had a super aggressive mindset to go after every ball...so Tamim also suffered a dip in form...(fishing outside the offstump and edge it to slip) but he learned to curve his intuition and make better judgement and Alhamdulillah over a long period of time Tamim has learned how to pace his innings. Soumya played well until he threw his wicket away in the 2nd ODI...he was doing just fine it was just a judgement error. I think if he paces himself well and only stick to advice Chandika and Samaraweera gives him and no one else he should be fine. Too many people giving advice can sometimes make things wayyy worse.

Soumya and Tamim are type of player that if they hang around in the wicket for a really long time, once the fringe bowler comes or opposition gets tired, they can really demolish the opposition. If Soumya places a value on his wicket and check his early aerial shots I think he should be fine.

He is not timing things properly...he needs to go back to domestics and play a long slowish innings to get used to things. One he gets into very good rhythm he can come back to the National team.
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old October 5, 2016, 04:59 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 9,865

Bring him one down
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket