facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 19, 2012, 03:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Mufi bhai aie boston shalai amarew dhorsilo ekbar. Bole naki taka nai, bus ticket kinbe taka dite.

I always run into this scam artist on I95 South on the way to NY. McD te daraya thake ae bole amar gari nosto hoye gese ar wallet sathe nai bashai rekhe aschi, 50 taka daw gari thik korbo. So far I saw him there at least 3 times. Next time ami bolbo ami mechanic let me see where is your car, maybe I can fix it. Dekhi ki bole
He must have an earmarked junk nearby to show you...must have done his home work.. you may end up paying more...

Old April 19, 2012, 03:57 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Ki? Amerikay BDeshira bikkha kore?
France e BDeshira bikkha kore na
amago eikhane romania (gipsy) ra bikkha kore,
RER ba metro te ekta kagoj e kichu kotha lekhe regarding their condition,kagoj gula seat er pashe raikkha dey,ekdin amar pashey kono seat chilona tai haat e dhoraya disilo -___-
ekdin train e char pach jon teen aged chele donation er naam koira ektu beshi insist korchilo,parle jor koira nibe, ektu kora koira bolchi tarpor choila gesey,era chance pailei churi kore.
echara super market er baireo kharaya thake,kokhono dei.
There are a lot of reasons why the Roma have a hard time finding stable work. They face open segregation in places like the Czech Republic and they find themselves shuttling from country to country. They're not all thieves and scroungers as European countries paint them to be.
Old April 19, 2012, 04:04 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Beggars can often be irritating but I love seeing the performances of buskers. People know about the ones in the NY Tube or the London Underground but some of them in Continental Europe are amazing:

Old April 19, 2012, 04:04 PM
Cricket Guru

So much drama regarding taking parcels to BD for another person, didn't know it was that common lol.
Old April 19, 2012, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Also I know many guys making one baby after another so they can show more dependent on tax files
i think this is not true. it is simply a perception. cost of raising a kid is much higher than any tax benefits u will get unlesss u are octomom or something wehere everything will be given to u by various companies.

Regarding taxes, i agree with asif every bit. USA charity system sounds like similar if not worse than canadas.

i think people should be taxed equally whatever that percentage is 25 or 40. you shouldnt pay higher taxes for making more money. the problem with US is its taxed heavy on the middle class, lenient on poor and rich.

rich ppl income usually are from business/capital gain which is taxed at only 15 pc. it should be higher but then tax deductions on losses has to be more linient.

middle income taxing has to go down.....otherwise end of taxes middle and lower are being blurred with similar net pay.

anyways thats a very complex and different topic.

but on topic... charity system of us is broken and i disagree with whoever says it is being taken advantage of by few ppl, its the opposite, it is helping few ppl but being taken advantage of by most... but as human being, our morals dictate that we shall free10 criminals even if we have to to save 1 innocent man.
Old April 19, 2012, 05:40 PM
Cricket Legend

what i wrote above regarding morals is the same reason many of you gave money to the well dressed guy for bus fare because your inner thoughts were this guy could just easily be me and it could have been me who needed the money. so i should help him out. what if he does need it...

recently there was a news about a fake cancer lady appealed to ppl for money to have a dream wedding. people related to her. they felt sad, each one of them felt, she is just like me, it could have been me with cancer and they give generously ... only to find later (a year later when husband ratted on her on divorce) they were duped. Things like this will create ppl who will doubt evryone and one day there will be a genuine person who will need help and who would deserve our help will be ignored.
Old April 20, 2012, 02:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

The beggars on Oxford St seriously annoy me. Firstly, they don't look like the beggars I'm used to... these are usually arab-looking women in nice clean hijab (at least all the ones I encountered on Oxford St were like this... wonder if it's some gang). Sometimes they'll have a kid in a stroller or some slightly older kids around them. These kids (quite well-dressed) go into the fast food places like McDonald's or KFC and beg right at the table: "Can I have your chicken?" Most of the time these places are too packed for the staff to keep track of who's coming in and what they are upto... so these kids just keep hopping table to table asking for food.
Old April 20, 2012, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

that sounds disturbing goru. I don't know if they really want the chicken or it's a trick to get money - you can tell.

For example, one day i was in jackson heights, bought a somosa and was eating it in street (ok ok stop with all those FOB/KHET comments - F YOU - i like somosa and I eat it whereever i want to wearing a lungi), anyways I was half way through, this elderly oriental lady, comes to me , asks for the rest of the somosa while I was eating...

I felt so ashamed for her... I mean I would never give food that I have already beaten into to someone else... that's just nasty... I took out two dollars and told her to go buy some for herself. She gladly took the money, put it in her little bag and started walking...

But i ddin't feel so bad, that lady looked visibly happy... but maybe intentionally played on my weakness who knows... putting me in an uncomfortable situation.
Old April 20, 2012, 07:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

^nice happy ending.
Old April 21, 2012, 06:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Everyone talking about beggars in a forum for Bangladeshis and NOT A SINGLE POST mentioning beggars in Bangladesh. Ironic?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

You can contribute from Bangladesh end but I think you guys are too used to it. Here in other parts of the world, we are not so much exposed, so little things here and there makes it worth of conversation. But in bangladesh I guess such extreme things happen like maimed bodies that sometimes its better to just ignore and not talk about it.

I haven't in in bd in last 12 years, when I go, I think i will be pissed off - I can feel it.
Old April 21, 2012, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

So at work yesterday this bengali lady comes in. In the years I have worked retail, I dont think I have ever encountered someone as rude and condescending as her. The way she treated the employees was shocking to say the least. I have seen behaviour like this before in Bangladesh. Usually how people talk to their kajer bua. She figured out a way to drop that she drives an Audi a few times with her broken *** english. Don't know why I am mentioning it here but I guess just wanted to share. Some people have absolutely no shame or respect for others. Definitely enjoyed putting her in her place.
Old April 21, 2012, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
So at work .....,,Definitely enjoyed putting her in her place.
How? Showed her to the comfy chair or....?
Old April 21, 2012, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
You can contribute from Bangladesh end but I think you guys are too used to it. Here in other parts of the world, we are not so much exposed, so little things here and there makes it worth of conversation. But in bangladesh I guess such extreme things happen like maimed bodies that sometimes its better to just ignore and not talk about it.

I haven't in in bd in last 12 years, when I go, I think i will be pissed off - I can feel it.
You feel wrong. Every time I go to BD, I feel energized. I am strengthened by the strength of the people who smile and enjoy their lives inspite of the cards they were dealt in the game of life. There is a vibrancy and a spirit of 'we will get it done' in spite of the government that amazes me. The resiliency is amazing.
Old April 21, 2012, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
How? Showed her to the comfy chair or....?
Lol. Funny enough we do sell a lot of overpriced comfy patio chairs.

Our policy is if the customer is not respecting you then you can tell them to be respectful or expect no service. She continued to be rude so a friendly reminder about how to talk people and walking away was enough.
Old April 21, 2012, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

or you could have been a true bangali and pissed in her Car.
Old April 23, 2012, 05:21 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
+1

Well said iDumb bhai.

I was moron enough to lend one of my so called friend $1600. He needed to pay for his ticket to BD. At the time he was all thankfull and what not. 2 months later he comes back from BD I don't hear from him anymore. When he went to BD I gave him some things to drop off to one of my aunt for my mom. I don't know about other people but if someone lend me $1600 when I really needed it and than asked me to do something for them I would make sure no matter what I don't let them down. This jack a** didn't even deliver it to the right place, tells me he is too busy after going to BD. Now he is back from BD 4 month goes by he is MIA. He has enough time to update facebook status but not enough time to retuen my messages. Meanwhile I need money to pay for my own ticket to BD. I had to literally hunt him down to pay me back portion of the money and he has the guts to show me attitude. He replys to my messages saying morning sir I was busy. Finally after 7 longs months he decided to pay me back. The truth is even upto this day even if he didn't pay me back I would have managed somehow. Had he stayed in touch with me and told me what was going on I would have managed. But its the principle the killed me. Someone tries to help you out and in return you act like a complete jack a**. When I lend him the money I was staying at NY for my internship. I send him txts saying I'm at NY lets hangout, I told him to call me no reply. But 2 weeks latwr txts me and comes up with the most abusurd lie and tells me he has to go to BD and he needs money. As soon as I said ok I'll give you the money. 2 min later boom I get a phone call from him.

There now I'm done with my rant.

Sorry I went all off topic.
It's sad how what happened to you happened to so many of us living abroad at different levels while dealing with deshi ppl.
Old April 24, 2012, 12:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
You feel wrong. Every time I go to BD, I feel energized. I am strengthened by the strength of the people who smile and enjoy their lives inspite of the cards they were dealt in the game of life. There is a vibrancy and a spirit of 'we will get it done' in spite of the government that amazes me. The resiliency is amazing.
+1 to that

That being said, the aggressive, in your face "canvassing" by roving platoons of sari-clad hot and educated art college chicks during this year's Pauhela Boishakh myala at Raumna Park was disconcerting.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 24, 2012, 12:56 AM
Cricket Savant

+1 too

"I see God in every human being. When I wash the leper's wounds, I feel I am nursing the Lord Himself. Is it not a beautiful experience?" -Mother Teresa....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 9, 2012, 12:15 AM
Cricket Savant

I like this news:

They beg but don't like to be called beggars
(DS)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles