facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 3, 2006, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock
Funny thing is Ashraful was telling the newspaper how he will score a century within the first three matches. One thing he didn't consider that present BD can beat a team like Zim without any help whatsoever from him. Ashraful expected time will stand still for him but never considered it doesn't matter anymore if he scores a 100 or not because BD has got genuine batters like SN.
You said my words

Old December 3, 2006, 10:09 AM

Good bye everybody for now!!
Old December 3, 2006, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejaj
You said my words
Every players in the squad is important. Some players are having good time doesn't mean we don't need other's contribution. Cricket is a team game don't forget that!!!
Old December 3, 2006, 10:30 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

This is good professional show by Bangladesh. Now, they should take the series on tuesday with similar performance.
Old December 3, 2006, 11:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

I've watched the whole match LIVE..comment on BD's batting
Shahriar Nafees - he played very well..some risks..but calculated. His out was not his fault aswell..Williams took an awesome catch.
Mehrab Hossain Jr - played ok..throughout.. and the way of getting out was fair enough..not many mistakes just a good catch from Taylor.
Aftab Ahmed - Just a bad day!
Sakibul Hasan - Awesome batting. Only .5 mistakes out of 100..got run out for Mehrab's weak understanding of run.
Habibul Bashar - Well .. a captain's knock. He impressed me..actually he looked confident all the way (unlike Ash's starting )
Mohammad Ashraful - Okey..Just Okey.

I guess..bad days of our tailenders are erasing slowly..coming out and survive for 50 overs every match..no more ..:P
THATS ANOTHER POINT FOR REPLACING PILOT WITH RAHIM for atleast 2 matches or so..we can risk playing Rahim..because we barely need Mashud's slow,thinkful,awful batting..now.
He can stay in the test arena.
Old December 3, 2006, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

well played BD.... I dont feel like following this series ball-by-ball anymore. But undoubtedly this series is giving our batsmen their confidence back. Chasing 250+ wont be an issue now...
Old December 3, 2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

Hablu is talking too much, although he had almost NOTHING to do with the wins. The architect of the wins was SN. Hablu, in his whole career, has never come across a player with this type of tenacity and mindframe. I think Bashar should acknowledge it more. I think the biggest warning we have in these two matches so far:

Our pace attack is become completely toothless. We must try out newer, faster pacers in this series, after our third win...
Old December 3, 2006, 12:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Our pace attack is become completely toothless. We must try out newer, faster pacers in this series, after our third win...
relax...firstly mash, rajib, and rasel are the three best we got. no newbies will be able to do anything these guys aren't already doing. at least not for the forseeable future.

the pacers only had 1 wicket between them in first match, and finished with 3 today. i just don't think the wickets are that good for them. especially in khulna, wicket was damn flat. if we batted first, we would have scored at least 270+. khulna wicket was a 300 wicket, not a 184 wicket. zim just aren't that good.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 3, 2006, 12:47 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

After todays win, for the fisrt time in BD cricket history we have broken through 1000 ranking point in ICC official ranking.

Current rating point 1036.
Old December 3, 2006, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
This is good professional show by Bangladesh. Now, they should take the series on tuesday with similar performance.
Miraz Bhai, the same comment has been made by ex-cricketer Rakibul Hasan in an interview immediately after the match. He repeated that today's match by Bangladesh (particularly batting) was simply professional.
Old December 3, 2006, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Here is a comment in the CI bulletin "Nafees and Mehrab set up easy win" on today's match, which is worthy to put attention:
Quote:
This result, coupled with Bangladesh's nine-wicket win in the opening match, continues to suggest there is even a noticeable gulf appearing between these two teams - especially in sub-continental conditions.
And it is right.
Old December 3, 2006, 01:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

We Win We Win.
Old December 3, 2006, 02:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Welll done BD

achcha ekhaane onekei Ashraful ke nie onek kichu bolchilo tader udddeshshe ami kichu kotha bolte chai, Ashraful jokhon bhalo kore thokhon tho tiki laafaan apnera r akhon shei lafanir kotha mone thake naa kan bhai? mone ase India r against e shei innings ter kotha amisure thokhon apnera shobai lafaisilen rite? shunen IMO Ashraful chorom talented akta batsman r o taana 20 match e 0 run korelu oke team e rakha uchith n akhon naa lafaileu atleast criticise koiren naa

sorry for all the offensive words and spelling, grammatical mistakes i am just a naive kid
Old December 3, 2006, 02:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I don't think there is any pacer in Bangladesh who is faster than Mashrafee or Shahadat. The pitch is really spin friendly and there is no life in the pitch for the pacers to make anything out of it. The ball didn't even carry to the keeper sometimes and I think Mashrafee and Shahadat did a decent job.

Quote:
Old December 3, 2006, 05:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

lets do something like closup1 in cricket. find best three batsmen. use three best cricketrs or coaches as judges from australia.
Old December 3, 2006, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
In the last two matches, both Mash and Rajib seemed to have lost their rhytms. But I don't think bringing newbies in the team is the answer here. What we need now is a good bowling coach.
Old December 3, 2006, 06:24 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Well, when mash got married we knew what was coming. I don't know about rajib, why he is below per. however, i do not see anyone else who is more capable at this moment. may be days are coming when we have to open with SLA's.
Old December 3, 2006, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

well first off, the pitch wasn't really assisting the quickies, or so i've read. secondly, this was a D/N game with the pacers bowling early in the afternoon, when the sun is out and conditions are pretty dry. so i guess the weather wasn't helping them either.

having said that, I would like to see them do better in the last two games - had this been a stronger opponent, they'd probably have got belted.

but it's ok; let's see how they fare in the next couple of games.
Old December 3, 2006, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
What is the Average of SN now? If he goes on like this, at the end of the series, he will have a 50 + average
class mat inns no runs hs ave bf sr 100 50 4s 6s ct s

ODIs 30 30 3 1125 123* 41.66 1640 68.59 3 6 139 3 6 0

He needs a max of 375 runs in the rest of the three matches to reach a 50 avg (i.e. if he gets out on all three occassions).
Old December 3, 2006, 06:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Mashallah. 41.66 is great...specially with 3 centuries and 6 half centuries in just 30 ODIs. But can't help notice that he only got 3 sixes in his career! Nafees...hit some sixes boy!
Old December 4, 2006, 05:27 AM
Test Cricketer

I watched BD batting last night and was a bit worried the way SN started his batting...May be Zim bowlers were not really upto the mark but with a decent pacers he should play with better defence. Too many shots were played.