facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 14, 2012, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default BCB World T20 Media Release: ‘The team spirit is excellent’: Tamim

'The team spirit is excellent’: Tamim

Friday, 14 September 2012

COLOMBO: Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal shares his thoughts on his own and that of his team’s preparedness for the ICC WT20:

He had once said that he is still searching for his Twenty20 game. Whether he has finally come to grips with the demands of the shortest version now

I believe I am much better prepared. I have played over 20 matches in Twenty20 format during the last few months and I definitely have a fair idea of what is required. The best thing is that I have tasted different conditions and playing in Sri Lanka (in the SLPL) was definitely good experience ahead of this competition.

On Bangladesh’s prospects

I am very hopeful. We have really gelled as a unit and we have been playing a lot of Twenty20 matches. I can not complain about preparation. The team spirit is excellent and everyone is helping each other. If we can take that camaraderie on to the field and perform to the level we are capable of then I see no reason why we should not get our desired result.

Bangladesh’s not so remarkable record in the World T20s

I think we did quite well in the first edition in 2007 when we made it to the Super Eights but haven’t done as well as we should have since. But this is a different tournament and we have a different team.

The SLPL experience

I think it has raised my confidence level and that of my teammates who played in the competition. We have a better understanding of Sri Lankan conditions and know what to expect. It was a well-run tournament and I am happy for the experience.

The wicket at Pallekele

It is a very fine sporting wicket with a bit in it for everyone. If you get set then you can play your strokes. On the other hand it also keeps the bowlers interested.  

Old September 14, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

The words "Team Spirit", "Gelling as Unit", "Well Prepared" are frequently used in interviews these days. Work of Richard Pybus perhaps. I ve read this is what he does-he gets the players working together as a group. Stuart Law also had a role with his "Champion Team Vs Team of Champions" philosophy. Nice to see
Old September 14, 2012, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Nice interview. I agree with Jeesh Bhai. Pybus seemed to have given a lot of emphasis on team work rather than individuals.