facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 17, 2019, 04:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Best case Scenario: We will win all 9 games
Worst case Scenario: We will lose all the game that we play.

The reality is in between (BCS and WCS)

Old May 17, 2019, 10:16 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
1st Match South Africa:- I am sad that we are facing SA this early in the WC, if only we met them in the latter stages and if there were a situation where SA had to win against us to qualify for the Semis, we can bet on them to Choke..but this early I dont think we can beat them.

Result Prediction:-100% towards SA

2nd Match NewZeland:- We have never beaten NZ in world cup but I think the 2017 CT win will give us huge confidence going forward to this match. NZ might win but it wont be one sided and we might even pull it off.

Result Prediction:- 50-50 to both team

3rd Match England:- we defeated England in last 2 world cups but rule of thumb has to come to play right? specially with Eng in red hot form. I am sure after 2 WC defeats Eng would take us on with full priority. I just cant see us getting a hattrick of win vs Eng here.

Result Prediction:-100% towards Eng

4th Match Srilanka:- We should win this, If we play to our potential we should win. but it wont be just come and role over SL. We are not at that place. It will be a good match.

Result Prediction:-70% towards Bangladesh 30% Srilanka

5th Match WestIndies:- Uff this is a tough one. We have had the better of WI in last couple of matches but don't know why It feels to me we had the better of them in places that did not matter and they will have the better of us in the place that matters(i.e the WC). With batting friendly pitches and big hitters like gayle russle haytmair, pooran I wont bet against Windies totally.

Result Prediction:-60% towards Westindies 40% Bangladesh

6th Match Australia:- our record against the ozzies is really bad in the WC, not only we lost every match, we lost to them quite comprehensively. But that team was the ATG team of Australia. The current team is not as strong but I feel the history wont change this time.

Result Prediction:-
100% towards Aus

7th Match Afghanistan:- uff another tough one to call. if we can handle Rashid,Mujib and Nabi there is no reason we should not win this match. I think at this point of the WC Afg might be out and we might have a slim chance to qualify if we win. this puts added pressure to our players where Afg will play with a free mind. this can be a factor.

Result Prediction:-70% towards Bangladesh 30% Afghanistan

8th Match India:- This match depends on the status of the two teams at this point of the WC. If India is already through to the semi they will rest many of their players and play with a free mind. I dont think we can beat India in this case. but if this match means something to India like they need to win to qualify then this will turn out to be a slobber knocker. after 2015 WC almost every BD vs IND important match(i.e finals, T20 WC match where India needed to win) has been very close. It went down to the wire or at least for a certain period of the match Indian supporters were worried(even the biggest BD hater and Indian Supporter will have to agree with that).

Result Prediction:-I will give two prediction here if this is a dead rubber match than 100% towards India, they can drop kholi/Rohit/Bumrah/B.Kumar still they will win. If this is a qualification Match for India then 65% to India 35% to Bangladesh.

9th Match Pakistan:- I think at this point we will be out of the WC. Pak might also be out or need to win this match to stay in contention for Semi. We have had the better of Pak for last couple of matches and I think the trend will not die here with our players in free mind. but if this match turns out to be a virtual quarterfinal some how then most likely we will choke

Result Prediction:-if we are out of the WC then 70% towards Bangladesh 30% Pakistan. if Somehow we and Pak both are in contention for a semi spot,knowing our choking history and Pak who usually dont choke in these cases, my prediction will be 80% towards Pak and 20% towards BD
What a pessimist
Old May 17, 2019, 10:49 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
What a pessimist
hey I might be a pessimist but I gave realistic reasons
Old May 17, 2019, 11:00 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
hey I might be a pessimist but I gave realistic reasons

Even Roniuk would put our team ahead against Pakistan and WI.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

All I do is win win win win win win win win win (9) no matter what.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:12 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Even Roniuk would put our team ahead against Pakistan and WI.
flat pitch..gayle haitmare,russle,pooran back..already 3-0..WI tatay thakbe..

I did put our team ahead of pak..but i put pak ahead if that match comes down to a win and go to semi situation for us..we arw bigger chokers than saffas
Old May 17, 2019, 11:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Remember boys never put your team down and slap “being realistic” on it because you don’t know what will happen. You really don’t. Each of these games are truly 50-50 for the first time I feel.

Enjoy it if the coin flips towards victory. Still enjoy it if it doesn’t
Old May 18, 2019, 01:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I am both optimist and realistic.

After the NZ series my expectation was low but the final changed everything:

1st Match South Africa:- BD to win

2nd Match New Zealand:- BD to win

3rd Match England:- BD to lose

4th Match Srilanka:- BD to win

5th Match WestIndies:- BD to win

6th Match Australia:- BD to lose

7th Match Afghanistan:- BD to win

8th Match India:- BD to lose

9th Match Pakistan:- BD to win

Damn!! 6 out of 9 - That would put us to the final.. well almost.

talking my a true fan
Old May 18, 2019, 05:12 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
I am both optimist and realistic.

After the NZ series my expectation was low but the final changed everything:

1st Match South Africa:- BD to win

2nd Match New Zealand:- BD to win

3rd Match England:- BD to lose

4th Match Srilanka:- BD to win

5th Match WestIndies:- BD to win

6th Match Australia:- BD to lose

7th Match Afghanistan:- BD to win

8th Match India:- BD to lose

9th Match Pakistan:- BD to win

Damn!! 6 out of 9 - That would put us to the final.. well almost.

talking my a true fan
There you go. I agree 100%
Old May 18, 2019, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

It's good to see some positivity around here again, few weeks ago it would have seemed like Bangladesh was some associate nation coming into the world cup through the qualifiers with West Indies and Afghanistan and hoping for shommanjonok porajoys like 1999
Old May 18, 2019, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Expectations realistic and not high. We should win games but not against top 4.
Old May 18, 2019, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Just my intuition, Eng and India are not unbeatable. We have beaten them both before, and especially with India, it's only a matter of closing the deal, as we come close every time. Rather the challenge will be facing equal talent to us imo who we are not taking that seriously only because they may be ranked lower down. But these teams are not just twiddling their thumbs, they are also improving, and coming up with ways to beat Bd. As for Nz, that was an easy one, just look at the last 3 ODIs in NZ, where we got crushed. They have our number for sure. All of their weapons are better than ours, spinners included.

1st Match South Africa:- Loss

2nd Match New Zealand:- Result Prediction:- Loss

3rd Match England:- Result Prediction:-Win

4th Match Srilanka:- Result Prediction:-Win

5th Match WestIndies:- Result Prediction:-Win

6th Match Australia:- Result Prediction:-Loss

7th Match Afghanistan:- Result Prediction:-Win

8th Match India:- Result Prediction:- Win

9th Match Pakistan:- Result Prediction:-Loss
Old May 18, 2019, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^Can you please tweak your intuition to get one more win? We need to make it to the semis
Old May 18, 2019, 06:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

My expectation is to win 4 matches. My prediction is to reach semifinals.
Old May 19, 2019, 06:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Personally I think Bangladesh will win 3-4 games but fail to qualify, probably finish 5th-6th.

Cant see ye beating England, India or Australia.

Ye will/should beat Afghanistan and Sri Lanka and the WI.

Leaving Pakistan, SA, NZ, Think you can win 1 here, but not 2-3.

Win the winnable games and get fortunate with washouts i.e CT2017 though, could be a big difference.
Old May 19, 2019, 08:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

1st Match South Africa:- Loss

2nd Match NewZeland:- Loss

3rd Match England:- Win

4th Match Srilanka:- Win

5th Match WestIndies:- Win

6th Match Australia:- Loss

7th Match Afghanistan:- Win, as long as we have learnt how to tackle legspin of ...

8th Match India:- Loss

9th Match Pakistan:- Win
Old May 19, 2019, 11:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

My prediction is based on all the following hopes becoming real:
- We will utilize the Rhode's knowledge of English grounds (slopes, boundary shape, etc). For example, coping to bowl up the slope can be very difficult for certain bowlers. We will need to plan beforehand and practice accordingly.
- We will pick horses of courses. We will make use of Liton, Mosaddek, Jayed, Mithun and Mehid at the most opportune times, in grounds and against oppositions they will be most effective.
- We will pick up early wickets in first 10. We will not be afraid to have ppl in the slip in first few overs.
- We will minimize the unforced errors as much as possible (dropped catch, no balls, silly run outs, rank bad balls).
- Study players, every day. Be familiar not only with their actions but also how they react in different situations. More you can pick up about the opposition the better it will make you prepared for the battle. Also, players should also think about their own "known" vulnerabilities that opposition will try to exploit. For example, India will almost certainly attack Soumya with short ball.

First match will be the key. If we can win the first one, it will set a great momentum for us. I am hopeful that we will win
6 matches out of the 9

1st Match South Africa:- Win
Plus: South Africa would have been thrashed by England in their first game before this match
Negative: Recent history in Kennington Oval (where we lost to England after scoring 305 in champions trophy, also we got shot out for 182 against Aus)
Plus: Injury/lack of readiness of key players in SF
Negative: Oval bounces a bit more than other England pitches
Plus: Short square boundary means short bowling will be less effective if we play smartly and listen to Neil.
Plus: Neil McKenzie insights on SAF plan
Plus: Somya's form
Chances: Bd 51% SAF 49%

Negative: NewZealand would be confident after winning against Sri lanka
Negative: Recent history in Kennington Oval
Negative: Recent history with New Zealand
Chances: Bd 40% NZ 60%

3rd Match England:- Loss
Chances: Bd 20% ENG 80%

Chances: Bd 60% SRI 40%

5th Match WestIndies:- Loss
Negative: Taunton is a very small ground. I am afraid what Gayle and Russel will do to us.
Chances: Bd 40% WI 60%

6th Match Australia:- Win
Positive: Trent bridge is one of the best pitches in England for swing with the new ball. We will bring in Abu Zayed for this match. He will get us early wickets (hopefullyWarner and Smith). On the flip side, Tamim will be smart to see off Starc
Positive: Trentbridge has also traditionally been good for spin. Miraz and Shakib will stifle Aus middle order.
Chances: Bd 60% Aus 40%

7th Match Afghanistan:- Win
Negative: Used pitch in Ageas bowl will make it even harder to face Rashid/Mujib
Negative: Ageas bowl has the longest straight boundary in England. We can't hit our way out of it. We have to rotate
Positive: Liton reads Rashid/Mujib and plays demoralizing sweep. Absolute must for this game
Positive: Mithun is one of few bd players comfortable agains Rashid/Mujib. Absolute must for this gam.
Positive: Mosaddek is a must in this game. We should NOT play Soumya in this game.
Chances: Bd 51% AFG: 49%

8th Match India:- Win
Positive: Having already made the Semis and taken the top spot, India will take a bit easy, subconsciously, of course.
Positive: We will be desperate because this will be a must-win match for us getting the 4th semi berth.
Positive: Edgbaston is a historically a good ground for finger spinners. Used pitch will give something for Shak/Mehedi to work with.
Positive: Liton and Mosaddek must play
Chances: Bd 51% India 49%

Chances: Bd 60% PAK 40%
Old May 19, 2019, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif1530
My prediction is based on all the following hopes becoming real:
- We will utilize the Rhode's knowledge of English grounds (slopes, boundary shape, etc). For example, coping to bowl up the slope can be very difficult for certain bowlers. We will need to plan beforehand and practice accordingly.
- We will pick horses of courses. We will make use of Liton, Mosaddek, Jayed, Mithun and Mehid at the most opportune times, in grounds and against oppositions they will be most effective.
- We will pick up early wickets in first 10. We will not be afraid to have ppl in the slip in first few overs.
- We will minimize the unforced errors as much as possible (dropped catch, no balls, silly run outs, rank bad balls).
- Study players, every day. Be familiar not only with their actions but also how they react in different situations. More you can pick up about the opposition the better it will make you prepared for the battle. Also, players should also think about their own "known" vulnerabilities that opposition will try to exploit. For example, India will almost certainly attack Soumya with short ball.

First match will be the key. If we can win the first one, it will set a great momentum for us. I am hopeful that we will win
6 matches out of the 9

1st Match South Africa:- Win
Plus: South Africa would have been thrashed by England in their first game before this match
Negative: Recent history in Kennington Oval (where we lost to England after scoring 305 in champions trophy, also we got shot out for 182 against Aus)
Plus: Injury/lack of readiness of key players in SF
Negative: Oval bounces a bit more than other England pitches
Plus: Short square boundary means short bowling will be less effective if we play smartly and listen to Neil.
Plus: Neil McKenzie insights on SAF plan
Plus: Somya's form
Chances: Bd 51% SAF 49%

Negative: NewZealand would be confident after winning against Sri lanka
Negative: Recent history in Kennington Oval
Negative: Recent history with New Zealand
Chances: Bd 40% NZ 60%

3rd Match England:- Loss
Chances: Bd 20% ENG 80%

Chances: Bd 60% SRI 40%

5th Match WestIndies:- Loss
Negative: Taunton is a very small ground. I am afraid what Gayle and Russel will do to us.
Chances: Bd 40% WI 60%

6th Match Australia:- Win
Positive: Trent bridge is one of the best pitches in England for swing with the new ball. We will bring in Abu Zayed for this match. He will get us early wickets (hopefullyWarner and Smith). On the flip side, Tamim will be smart to see off Starc
Positive: Trentbridge has also traditionally been good for spin. Miraz and Shakib will stifle Aus middle order.
Chances: Bd 60% Aus 40%

7th Match Afghanistan:- Win
Negative: Used pitch in Ageas bowl will make it even harder to face Rashid/Mujib
Negative: Ageas bowl has the longest straight boundary in England. We can't hit our way out of it. We have to rotate
Positive: Liton reads Rashid/Mujib and plays demoralizing sweep. Absolute must for this game
Positive: Mithun is one of few bd players comfortable agains Rashid/Mujib. Absolute must for this gam.
Positive: Mosaddek is a must in this game. We should NOT play Soumya in this game.
Chances: Bd 51% AFG: 49%

8th Match India:- Win
Positive: Having already made the Semis and taken the top spot, India will take a bit easy, subconsciously, of course.
Positive: We will be desperate because this will be a must-win match for us getting the 4th semi berth.
Positive: Edgbaston is a historically a good ground for finger spinners. Used pitch will give something for Shak/Mehedi to work with.
Positive: Liton and Mosaddek must play
Chances: Bd 51% India 49%

Chances: Bd 60% PAK 40%
What a great analysis , where have you been all this while around here man. Front page material.
Old May 19, 2019, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

fantastic analysis. Very good points about Australia and Afghanistan. Btw Starc is in pretty trash form at the moment so we shouldn't have that mindset of seeing off Starc. But our spinners will be key in that game for sure.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Saffas - 50-50
NZ - NZ 70-30 BD
England - 100% England
Lanka - BD 60-40 Lanka
Windies - 50-50
Australia - Aus 70-30 BD
Afghans - 50-50
India - 100% Ind
Pak - BD 70-30 Pak
This is more realistic one. I would say 50-50 for Pakistan and 70-30 in favour of South Africa.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I'm expecting a few upsets from us, but we're not going to win it. Even England has a small chance despite being favourites because it the semi final stage, anything can happen, and that's what happened in the Champions Trophy. Slim chance of us qualifying. I'd be happy if we can beat one of Australia/South Africa. We have nothing to lose. Nobody expecting us to do anything amazing. Just go there and play a good game.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:04 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I will be happy if we win at least 2 matches against teams ranked above us.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Mash and Shakib would say... One game at a time. We are focusing on South Africa.