facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 24, 2014, 10:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Default What's your ultimate Bangladesh (cricket) fantasy?

Bollow!....Bollow!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old June 24, 2014, 10:53 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

A 3peat.
Old June 25, 2014, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

Bangladesh wining Ashes by whitewashing England/Australia

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 25, 2014, 01:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Our cricketers becoming coachable and working hard on their own to improve like true professionals, no matter how good they are already. Bangladeshi batsmen playing each ball according to its merit, rotating the strike with ease, and putting away the loose ones with high percentage shots. Bangladeshi bowlers bowling with accuracy and venom. Bangladeshis fielding like agile cats. A Bangladeshi captain with brains, cojones and the insatiable desire to win. Qualified scouts and selectors. A competitive FC setup played on a variety of pitches, so that those FC stats actually mean something.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 25, 2014, 03:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Reza winning the balon dor.
Old June 25, 2014, 04:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

players like mushy, shakib, tamim, shuvagata getting 15+ test tons and bowlers getting 250+ test wickets. cricketers being coachable and a competitive FC league (by global standards). i hope mushy has a sangakkara like career in that he drops the gloves and becomes much more consistent. i also hope BD plays more test matches. basically i want them to be the standard of the other test nations. i hope shakib realises his potential and becomes a 40+ test batsman and sub 30 bowler, mushy a 45+ test batsman, tamim a 45+ test batsman.
Old June 25, 2014, 07:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Assuming I live for another 50 years, I'd like to see us reach #1 in the Test rankings and win the ODI world cup. I'd also like to see us playing 8 tests a year. Winning a Test in each of the other 9 countries would also be nice.

Individually, its harder to say. But I hope Mominul ends his career with a 50+ avg and 30 tons. That would really be special.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 25, 2014, 01:53 PM
Cricket Savant

That a boy!! ^^

ki shob apnader pita pita dreem fantsy.... koi? koi? koi gelo tamim will score 10th 100th ton at Lord's? Koi gelo Bangladesh Shakib breaking the speed barrier? Koi gelo Mushy breaking the sound barrier? Koi gellow Taskin bowling all out lbw?? Koi? Koi gelo Raqibul SR > R? ?

Old June 26, 2014, 04:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Lot of personal achievements above. I could careless about that. I won't feel bad if they all got out on 99 and fell short of a 5for and missed out from the stat sheets, if we win trophies that matter.

Plus 3peat in cricket should be lot easier now. There's a Championship every year. And unlike franchise sports, they don't have to deal with cap issues. Australia had to do it the hard way when they had to it every 4 years.
Old June 27, 2014, 05:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

beat Pakistan & Hong Kong.
Old June 27, 2014, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Lot of personal achievements above. I could careless about that. I won't feel bad if they all got out on 99 and fell short of a 5for and missed out from the stat sheets, if we win trophies that matter.

Plus 3peat in cricket should be lot easier now. There's a Championship every year. And unlike franchise sports, they don't have to deal with cap issues. Australia had to do it the hard way when they had to it every 4 years.
top shelf personal achievements will ensure a greater chance of wins and trophies. also trophies are nice and all but it would be just as nice for BD to actually have some genuine greats who can be talked about with players like sangakkara, dravid, kallis, kumble etc. SL still struggles on this point, really only murali and sangakkara are considered greats and some people still like to argue against sangakkara.
Old June 27, 2014, 01:23 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

3 of those 4 names never won anything big, specially one of them who's a choke master. And Sanga been to 3 finals and failed.

Team > Superstars.
Old June 27, 2014, 04:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

3 WC in a row!! Winning the Test Championship when it is on. Someone breaking Bradman's 99.96 average playing 100 test.
Old June 27, 2014, 05:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
3 of those 4 names never won anything big, specially one of them who's a choke master. And Sanga been to 3 finals and failed.

Team > Superstars.
So you think a team of mediocre players will win championships? Dreaming.

Agree team>superstars. Doesn't mean you don't need them to get the wins.
Old June 27, 2014, 06:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
3 WC in a row!! Winning the Test Championship when it is on. Someone breaking Bradman's 99.96 average playing 100 test.
hehe dada to dekhi hukkuh'r sathe onek kichui ajkal tanchen go dekhi dada!?

Old June 27, 2014, 07:42 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
So you think a team of mediocre players will win championships? Dreaming.

Agree team>superstars. Doesn't mean you don't need them to get the wins.
I never said we don't need them. It's not rocket science that good players=good team. But My ULTIMATE Fantasy is not about certain players getting 30-100's or 10-5/for or averaging certain amount. As I said if we can win big games, big tournaments, I'll be ok with players missing out on personal milestones by 1 run or 1 wicket. Good stats don't necessarily mean we'll be world beaters. We had Shak-Tamim-Rahim-Riyad-Nasir averaging healthy numbers at one point, but the team was still #10.

To sum up, personal milestones will come if the team is good. But personal milestones won't bring championships. And my fantasy is not their milestones, but team's milestones.
Old June 27, 2014, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Watching the maestro Imrul Kayes opening the batting for Bangladesh instead of Tamim.
Old June 27, 2014, 08:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I never said we don't need them. It's not rocket science that good players=good team. But My ULTIMATE Fantasy is not about certain players getting 30-100's or 10-5/for or averaging certain amount. As I said if we can win big games, big tournaments, I'll be ok with players missing out on personal milestones by 1 run or 1 wicket. Good stats don't necessarily mean we'll be world beaters. We had Shak-Tamim-Rahim-Riyad-Nasir averaging healthy numbers at one point, but the team was still #10.

To sum up, personal milestones will come if the team is good. But personal milestones won't bring championships. And my fantasy is not their milestones, but team's milestones.
nothing wrong with both being the ultimate fantasy, plus it's not like i said i want them to get 30 tons, i said 15+ which if they play a decent amount of matches they can all realistically achieve anyway it's not like they're going to have to average 55 to get there (tamim already has 4 so 10 more years of playing he can easily get to 15), besides averages as you say don't always mean a whole lot, you can have a good average but unless you've put up those big innings and those important innings you still won't win the championships. it's big and important performances that will win you games and trophies, those usually come from great players.

also i never said i want a player to get 100 instead of 99 but the team lose, when if they scored 99 the team would win, i don't think anyone on this forum would want that.

as far as shak-tamim-rahim-riyad-nasir averaging good numbers but the team doing poorly well that supports my point of needing those big personal performances. they're averaging well because they score a lot of 50s, but they're not getting a lot of 100s and that's why the team was failing despite the batsmen having good averages.

checkout kapil devs 175* against zim, he doesn't average that well but a significant performance like that put india back into the match and ultimately was the catalyst for them winning the WC.

ian botham averages 33 in tests but he has 14 tons, you don't have to average in the 40s and 50s to help your team win but you certainly still need those big performances. at the end of it though, great players will play more big performances and do it more consistently, that's what makes them great.

Last edited by Gowza; June 27, 2014 at 09:05 PM..
Old June 27, 2014, 10:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ I never actually directed my arguments toward you, until you replied to me. So I never said 'you said this, and that.' My original post was a general observation. I simply pointed out that I was the only one who had more team-based fantasy, while everyone else had player-based fantasies. But I do think however one is better than the other. Because team-based fantasy guarantees at least half a dozen world class players, otherwise as you said, without good players it's not possible. But couple of world class players doesn't guarantee team success. Cricket-Gods might grant you those wishes, but not any actual glories.

Sachin's world full of personal glories didn't bring any cups. It took team-players like GG, Dhoni, Yuvi to get it. As for Kapil's example. That's a match-winning knock. No here said, 'I want our players to score match winning 100's.' Going by these post, they just want to see someone score 175, or score this many 100's. So I don't get how that example applies to your fantasy. Again, Ian Botham, that should be an example for my argument, not the other way around. Based on this thread Botham wouldn't make the "ultimate teams." He isn't a superstar, he's a team-player. He doesn't need to average 40-50, score certain amount of 100's. But that's what the ultimate fantasies want. Big stated players, which once again, doesn't guarantee any team success.
Old June 27, 2014, 10:50 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

All these talk only makes me sad because at the end of the, neither kinds of fantasies will come true. they'll just be fantasies. Couple of skilled players will come and go and the team will forever be ranked <8.
Old June 28, 2014, 01:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
^ I never actually directed my arguments toward you, until you replied to me. So I never said 'you said this, and that.' My original post was a general observation. I simply pointed out that I was the only one who had more team-based fantasy, while everyone else had player-based fantasies. But I do think however one is better than the other. Because team-based fantasy guarantees at least half a dozen world class players, otherwise as you said, without good players it's not possible. But couple of world class players doesn't guarantee team success. Cricket-Gods might grant you those wishes, but not any actual glories.

Sachin's world full of personal glories didn't bring any cups. It took team-players like GG, Dhoni, Yuvi to get it. As for Kapil's example. That's a match-winning knock. No here said, 'I want our players to score match winning 100's.' Going by these post, they just want to see someone score 175, or score this many 100's. So I don't get how that example applies to your fantasy. Again, Ian Botham, that should be an example for my argument, not the other way around. Based on this thread Botham wouldn't make the "ultimate teams." He isn't a superstar, he's a team-player. He doesn't need to average 40-50, score certain amount of 100's. But that's what the ultimate fantasies want. Big stated players, which once again, doesn't guarantee any team success.
Who mentioned personal milestones other than me? If you don't wish for great players then who will win BD the trophies? Like you say you need multiple players to do it. The botham example was to show that just because someone (as I did) says they want players to score x amount centuries doesn't mean they have to have high averages but that a lot of big innings are still necessary. Btw just to be clear even though I mentioned specific players they were just the most likely examples to achieve it to date imo, it could be anyone, but you do need those players and without them you won't win championships.

No hard feelings of course so sorry if I come off disgruntled but that isn't want I'm wanting to portray. The reason I mentioned personal milestones is because the players who achieve those will be the ones to win BD series and tournaments, a team simply won't repeatedly win those unless you have a really good set of players. Lesser players will give inconsistent wins like the current standard, I want there to be a better standard in all facets of BD cricket.
Old June 28, 2014, 01:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

No fantasy combination of professional culture and infrastructure, no fantasy milestones for individual players at the highest level. No fantasy milestones, no fantasy wins against the best in the sport. Nothing exists in a vacuum, not even in cricket fantasies. Just sayin' ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 28, 2014, 02:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
No fantasy combination of professional culture and infrastructure, no fantasy milestones for individual players at the highest level. No fantasy milestones, no fantasy wins against the best in the sport. Nothing exists in a vacuum, not even in cricket fantasies. Just sayin' ...
truth be told. that's exactly it, fantasy is fantasy.
Old June 28, 2014, 11:07 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Me playing for the team
Old July 5, 2014, 04:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

amar bashar chaaade BD cricket team kutkut khelar final e champ hobe ....