facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old May 16, 2019, 11:37 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 19,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Liton's century against the current india side was a top class knock. If these two (liton and SS) find consistency like Tamim our ODI team will go to the next level.
Joined the club!











Signed ^.^//
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old May 16, 2019, 11:45 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 19,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Liton
4. Mushfiq
5. Shakib
6. Riyad
7. Sabbir
8. Miraz
9. Saifuddin
10. Mash
11. Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
i would go with this for the final
We might have to play against India in the semi with this squad! I will then change Liton with Mithun in the final!!
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old May 17, 2019, 01:07 AM
ahnaf's Avatar
ahnaf ahnaf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 31, 2010
Location: Dhaka,BD
Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Posts: 5,111

Never was a fan of playing shakib at no. 3 . But he has been great in that position. I don't think anyone in our whole cricketing history has performed as half good as him at that position. Its not even close.

Only a fool will consider anyone else now. Given the wc is only weeks away
__________________
আমার অপার সীমানাতে তোমার চিহ্ন তবু রবে বেঁচে ...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old May 17, 2019, 02:56 AM
WorldCup11's Avatar
WorldCup11 WorldCup11 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 24, 2010
Posts: 2,117

just stumbled for a moment, looking at the Thread Title "World Cup XI" - I thought you guys are talking about me
__________________
We were, we are and we will be always with you Tigers.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old May 17, 2019, 04:16 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCup11
just stumbled for a moment, looking at the Thread Title "World Cup XI" - I thought you guys are talking about me
lol, And I thought what would this kid to do in 2015, 2019? After 2011 passes. Forever, people will bring you back. Good choiced name.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old May 17, 2019, 08:01 PM
Tausif's Avatar
Tausif Tausif is offline
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 9, 2015
Location: Gotham City
Favorite Player: Fizz
Posts: 3,592

Tamim Iqbal
Soumya Sarkar
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mosaddek Hossain(always thought he would do well there)
Mahmudullah Riyad
Sabbir Rahman
Mohammad Saifuddin
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abu Jayed/Mehedi Miraz(depending on the pitch and conditions)
Mustafizur Rahman
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 17, 2019, 10:25 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
2019 WC Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,916

For me this is lineup after what we have seen in this series:
1. Tamim
2. Soumya/Liton
3. Shakib
4. Mushfiq
5. Ryad
6. Mosaddek
7. Shabbir/Mithun
8. Miraz
9. Saifuddin/Rubel
10. Mash
11. Fizz/ Zayed
__________________
Caught Somewhere in Time
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 17, 2019, 10:33 PM
Threshold Threshold is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Posts: 44

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Shakib
4. Mushfiq
5. Ryad
6. Mosaddek
7. Liton /Shabbir/Mithun
8. Miraz
9. Saifuddin
10. Mashrafee
11. Fizz/ Abu Zayed
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 17, 2019, 10:37 PM
Max100's Avatar
Max100 Max100 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 12, 2012
Location: Queens,NYC
Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL
Posts: 2,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Tamim Iqbal
Soumya Sarkar
Shakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mosaddek Hossain(always thought he would do well there)
Mahmudullah Riyad
Sabbir Rahman
Mohammad Saifuddin
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abu Jayed/Mehedi Miraz(depending on the pitch and conditions)
Mustafizur Rahman
i like this team. more balanced
__________________
My ODI Team:Rohit,Warner,Ken Williamson,Root,Shakib,Stokes,Butler, starc, Archer,Bumrah,Chahal/santner
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 17, 2019, 11:01 PM
fuadomar fuadomar is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2011
Location: Lalmatia, Dhaka
Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11
Posts: 981

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Shakib
4. Mushfiq
5. Mosaddek
6. Riad
7. Liton
8. Saifuddin
9. Miraz
10. Mashrafee
11. Fizz
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 18, 2019, 01:36 AM
Roni_uk's Avatar
Roni_uk Roni_uk is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka, London, Sydney
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Posts: 16,473

the win in the final put the management in a BIG dilemma but I hope we select the best team.

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Shakib
4. Mushfiq
5. Mosaddek
6. Riad
7. Mithun/Liton
8. Saifuddin
9. Miraz
10. Mashrafee
11. Fizz Abu Jayed

Fizz almost costed us the match yesterday. Bigger teams will destroy him, therefore we will need to bring in someone new.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 18, 2019, 10:17 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 13,277

While it was good to win those prep matches, we should not get carried away with wins against Ireland and a half strength WI side. I am still not convinced Mosaddek can clear the field on a proper sized ground. IMO, Mithun should be persisted with.

My XI:
Tamim
Soumya
Shakib
Mushfiq
Mithun
Riyad
Sabbir/Liton
Saifuddin
Mash
Miraz/Rubel
Fizz
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 18, 2019, 10:20 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
While it was good to win those prep matches, we should not get carried away with wins against Ireland and a half strength WI side. I am still not convinced Mosaddek can clear the field on a proper sized ground. IMO, Mithun should be persisted with.

My XI:
Tamim
Soumya
Shakib
Mushfiq
Mithun
Riyad
Sabbir
Saifuddin
Mash
Miraz/Rubel
Fizz
while I agree with you about mossadek but I think his efforts should be rewarded, he now deserves a place in the team atleast for the first 2 matches. droping him after his match winning knock can dent the young guys confidence.

Sabbir on the other hand has no business in this playing XI. I give credit to his 100 in NZ, well done...but in context of the match that was of 0 importance
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 18, 2019, 11:04 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 13,277

^^ If Mosaddek is still so fragile, he should not be in the squad to begin with. As for deserving a place, I think Mithun deserves better with his consistency over last one year.

Replacing Sabbir at #7 with Mithun or Liton is always a possibility. But I would stick with him for now, given amount of experience he has playing in crunch match situations.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 18, 2019, 11:20 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ If Mosaddek is still so fragile, he should not be in the squad to begin with. As for deserving a place, I think Mithun deserves better with his consistency over last one year.

Replacing Sabbir at #7 with Mithun or Liton is always a possibility. But I would stick with him for now, given amount of experience he has playing in crunch match situations.
what has sabbir done in crunch match situation?
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old May 18, 2019, 11:39 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 14,582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
what has sabbir done in crunch match situation?
A big zero. He is the most useless player of the team.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 18, 2019, 11:48 AM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 4,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
what has sabbir done in crunch match situation?
Can't remember any winning knock aside from that 80 odd vs SL that won us the game. Failure to hit the cricket ball, but expert at hitting kids outside the field lol
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 18, 2019, 01:12 PM
nightman nightman is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 17, 2016
Location: capitalist country
Favorite Player: where do i start from?
Posts: 367

I don't know about bowlers, as they won't matter since wc will be on flat pitches and runs will be above 300(as pointed out in previous posts by member)..hence my squad will be

1.TI/LKD
2.Ss (fixed)**
3.TI/LKD**
4. Sakib
5. Mousefkure
6.msadek/Mraz***
7 shebeer/ mutton
8. Marmadukla
9. Masscafe
10. Rubal
10. Trashking/ pasta seizure (if he bowls better)/ or any other bowler better than them


**/***Won triseries yesterday, hence thought thousand times before posting this:

**Lkd is must... Why?

The inclusion of both lkd & ss increases/decreases the chance of ban winning by ~30-40%.
BD is not going to win any matches against above ranked teams wthout luck/rain or extraordinary bowling(questionable)/batting.

Therefore, opening should be ss/lkd. Ti can play anchor role without pressure if he is shifted down to 3(no need to go above 6sr), while both openers go all guns blazing.

Or

**ss/ti followed by lkd. But with strict directions for lkd to value his wicket more than his life.

Regarding the mossaddhek blinder, i dont think he would have changed the course of the match if the bowler was some one like bomblastrahi, hddpanda, lyril Stain, rabid a, mirinda, boult.. he could because of wi skipper using amphibian allen. However, congratulations to everyone and thanks to soumya+masadek for winning us a trophee.


Thus my squad will have TI/SS/LKD in top 3, with SS as fixed no 2.

My preference ti-ss opening followed by lkd for keeping runrate going.


*****EMERGENCY***** Need to let go of shebeer the child abuser.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old May 19, 2019, 05:59 AM
Shaan's Avatar
Shaan Shaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2004
Location: somewhere in the GaLaXy
Favorite Player: TIGERS !!
Posts: 4,954

I’ll go with:
Tam
Lit
Soum
Shak
Mush
Riad
Mosa
Miru
Mash
Saif
Msuta

I don’t see Sabbir in the main eleven because he is very unpredictable compare to Liton or Mosaddek. Mosaddek is a smart cricketer with brain who can bat and ball, also a good fielder. Shabbier is waste of place, the guy is more kind of movie hero then cricket hero in mental setup, he is way too inconsistent.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old May 19, 2019, 09:53 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 10,846

My XI:

1. Tamim
2. Sarkar
3. Shakib
4. Mushfiq
5. Mithun
6. Mahmudullah
7. Mosaddek
8. Sabbir
9. Mashrafe
10. Rubel
11. Mustafiz

Riyad and Mosaddek will share the 5th bowler role instead of Miraz.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old May 19, 2019, 03:56 PM
nightman nightman is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 17, 2016
Location: capitalist country
Favorite Player: where do i start from?
Posts: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightman
I don't know about bowlers, as they won't matter since wc will be on flat pitches and runs will be above 300(as pointed out in previous posts by member)..hence my squad will be

1.TI/LKD
2.Ss (fixed)**
3.TI/LKD**
4. Sakib
5. Mousefkure
6.msadek/Mraz***
7 shebeer/ mutton
8. Marmadukla
9. Masscafe
10. Rubal
10. Trashking/ pasta seizure (if he bowls better)/ or any other bowler better than them


**/***Won triseries yesterday, hence thought thousand times before posting this:

**Lkd is must... Why?

The inclusion of both lkd & ss increases/decreases the chance of ban winning by ~30-40%.
BD is not going to win any matches against above ranked teams wthout luck/rain or extraordinary bowling(questionable)/batting.

Therefore, opening should be ss/lkd. Ti can play anchor role without pressure if he is shifted down to 3(no need to go above 6sr), while both openers go all guns blazing.

Or

**ss/ti followed by lkd. But with strict directions for lkd to value his wicket more than his life.

Regarding the mossaddhek blinder, i dont think he would have changed the course of the match if the bowler was some one like bomblastrahi, hddpanda, lyril Stain, rabid a, mirinda, boult.. he could because of wi skipper using amphibian allen. However, congratulations to everyone and thanks to soumya+masadek for winning us a trophee.


Thus my squad will have TI/SS/LKD in top 3, with SS as fixed no 2.

My preference ti-ss opening followed by lkd for keeping runrate going.


*****EMERGENCY***** Need to let go of shebeer the child abuser.
Autocorrect killed me lol..
__________________
the only truth i found at my age is life... yeah.. it exists.. every thing else is irrelevant..
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old May 20, 2019, 12:32 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 13,971

My XI

1. Tamim
2. Sarkar
3. Shakib
4. Mushfiq
5. Mahmudullah
6. Liton/Mithun
7. Mosaddek
8. Shabbir
9. Saif
10. Mash
11. Mustafiz/Rubel

I do not want Miraz and Mosaddek playing together. Based on Latest form, I will go with Mosaddek. If the wicket is little spin friendly, I would drop Shabbir and add Miraz

Saif needs to be there. He had displayed his capability to bowl brilliantly during death overs. Also got very useful bat.
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old May 20, 2019, 12:40 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightman
Autocorrect killed me lol..
Shebeer. Fazal is demanding Hebeer. Or he will file a lawsuit of gender discrimination.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old May 28, 2019, 11:29 AM
ma_o_mati's Avatar
ma_o_mati ma_o_mati is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 4, 2008
Posts: 1,359

Halfway through the bd-india warm up(25 overs). This is my xi:

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Liton
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiq
6. Riyad
7. Sabbir
8. Mosaddek
9. Saifuddin
10. Mash
11. Fizz
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old May 28, 2019, 11:34 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,591

Mithun - Mosaddek swap. I can live with that. Bowling a little weak. But I think we make it up in fielding.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket