facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 26, 2019, 04:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Vixen bhai sahaab probably at the front line right now.

Old February 26, 2019, 05:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I wonder why Vixen isn’t posting any scores anymore
Old February 26, 2019, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

and you wanna have a political show. So much depth there.
Depth is for those who first have the basics covered. You want me to tell you about how WB's Mamata B questions the timing of the attack? Or the payloads not reaching their target as Pakistan claims, but refusing to fly out int correspondents to those locations because of "weather concerns". What good will all that do. One country protects militants and exports terror. The first priority should be self defense and promotion of it.This was a preemptive strike, not a retaliatory one. People are not even united on this front, resorting to BJP phobia. Hence, depth shall come later, pay full respect to IAF first who did the right thing.
Old February 27, 2019, 02:03 AM
Test Cricketer

According to news two Indian Jets have been shot down in Pakistan across LoC. It's escalating quickly
Old February 27, 2019, 02:44 AM
Cricket Guru

It’s been a long time since India and Pakistan played a series on sub continent conditions with each other. Is this going to be a draw?
Old February 27, 2019, 04:07 AM
Cricket Legend

You have to admire the Pakistani response. But sanity must prevail.
Old February 27, 2019, 06:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Externally I wonder who are the gainers and losers from Ind-Pak wars and how does Bangladesh stand?

I know China must be enjoying this seeing India in a war.
Old February 27, 2019, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Externally I wonder who are the gainers and losers from Ind-Pak wars and how does Bangladesh stand?

I know China must be enjoying this seeing India in a war.
Bangladesh should not even make a comment. I hope Hasina does not make a statement in support of India. No one is our friend, Rohingya crisis reflected it. And we should definitely look into arming ourself so none of our neighbours can push us around
Old February 27, 2019, 06:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Bangladesh should not even make a comment. I hope Hasina does not make a statement in support of India. No one is our friend, Rohingya crisis reflected it. And we should definitely look into arming ourself so none of our neighbours can push us around
I agree about no one is our friend but thats not what I was asking. I wanted to know implications on Bangladesh or other countries due to the IndvsPak conflict.
Old February 27, 2019, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I agree about no one is our friend but thats not what I was asking. I wanted to know implications on Bangladesh or other countries due to the IndvsPak conflict.
Probably some economical setback. But hopefully minimal
Old February 27, 2019, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Bhai.... I came online just to comment how good of a comment this is
Old February 27, 2019, 10:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
With the escalating tension between these two countries reaching unprecedented levels since the Kashmir suicide bombing, and the tit-for-tat reactions from the Indian side we can't rule out the possibility of another war breaking out between them (unlikely it will happen but still likely).

With the current geo-political situation at play, a war breaking out between them will be different from previous instances with countries (besides the usual players such as US and Russia) such as China, Afghanistan and possibly Iran getting involved explicitly or implicitly on either side.

Question is, where does this leave BD? We currently have a shrewd government/PM and have been able to attract investments and establish favourable relations with both the Chinese and Indians despite the friction between them but on the other hand its no secret we have a very Pro-Indian party in power. When push comes to shove it is likely we will have to join a side as we can't escape neither country's sphere of influence. Or do you think our PM will be able to cleverly maneuver through the regional political game and manage to keep us neutral? The Sauds were somehow able to get our government and our army be at their beck and call over their shameless war on Yemen.
You are right, our honourable pm sheikh Hasina would certainly support India if she HAD to choose (wont happen)

But if she decides to go for a popular vote i think majority of Bangladeshis (minus neutrals who does not want to choose a side) would took Pakistan's side. I am 100% sure. (Observation from Fb comments, tweets of fellow bangladeshis it seems although most don't want to take a side but those who wants to are favoring Pakistan, BC is the only place where i see more anti Pakistan rhetoric (Roey,Tonmoy,Adsamn..whatever) than vice versa. Lol.

I am not insane. I am, just like most other Bangladeshis don't wantto choose a side, but just like our pm if i HAD to choose a side i know my preference and i believe most bangladeshis (not bc folks) are with me

Choosing a side doesn't mean war.. i am no no for war..

Last edited by SH Anik; February 27, 2019 at 11:27 AM..
Old February 27, 2019, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
There will be no war. If there is a war then both side would not hesitate to use their nuclear powers. That would be insane. Thus, no war.
It is counter-intuitive but the possession of Nuclear weapons indeed prevents escalation of full fledged war. No way either country will ever use them. It will set the region back at least 50 years. India is finally coming up in map to matter in top world economy. So nuclear weapons are actually instrumental in keeping and maintaining peace.
Old February 27, 2019, 11:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH Anik
You are right, our honourable pm sheikh Hasina would certainly support India if she HAD to choose (wont happen)

But if she decides to go for a popular vote i think majority of Bangladeshis (minus neutrals who does want to choose a side) would took Pakistan's side. I am 100% sure. (Observation from Fb comments, tweets of fellow bangladeshis it seems although most don't want to take a side but those who wants to are favoring Pakistan, BC is the only place where i see more anti Pakistan rhetoric (Roey,Tonmoy,Adsamn..whatever) than vice versa. Lol.

I am not insane. I am, just like most other Bangladeshis don't wantto choose a side, but just like our pm if i HAD to choose a side i know my preference and i believe most bangladeshis (not bc folks) are with me

There is no way in hell Bangladesh is going to support Pakistan in a war even if it was someone else in power, there would have been public outrage at such a thing. Social media comments and tweets is not a correct representation of 160 million BD population. Most would prefer to remain neutral.
Old February 27, 2019, 11:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

^LOL i don't think that's an appropriate discussion of who Bangladesh is gonna support. Bangladesh does not have the necessary military strength to matter in this conflict. They will simply be a victim here regardless. I rather like to see BD flex its muscle against Burma on rohingya crisis but the country is not run by someone who is capable to handle international conflicts. Rohingya is a more pressing issue for BD not kashmir.
Old February 27, 2019, 11:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur,Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
There is no way in hell Bangladesh is going to support Pakistan in a war even if it was someone else in power, there would have been public outrage at such a thing. Social media comments and tweets is not a correct representation of 160 million BD population. Most would prefer to remain neutral.
I didn't disagree with you that majority of Bangladeshis won't choose a side for Bangladesh to support any one from Indo-Pak war. Not even me. I just wrote most are more likely to support Pakistan against india by mindset but they won't want bangladesh the 'state' to officially/diplomatically or politically support any of the nation.

I am also on that group, although i know i may have bias for one of the countries but if i was to decide which side bangldesh should take on this war, i would be neutral. Same goes for our PM
Old February 27, 2019, 12:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

But if she decides to go for a popular vote i think majority of Bangladeshis (minus neutrals who does not want to choose a side) would took Pakistan's side. I am 100% sure. (Observation from Fb comments, tweets of fellow bangladeshis it seems although most don't want to take a side but those who wants to are favoring Pakistan, BC is the only place where i see more anti Pakistan rhetoric (Roey,Tonmoy,Adsamn..whatever) than vice versa. Lol.

Shabash Bangali!!!
We have come so far as a country, we can now openly support Pakistan and want to fight for them!! Musolman musolman bhai bhai after all... Massive respect to Mumin brothers and sisters.
Old February 27, 2019, 12:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Its cute that a Pakistani is trying to stir up some support from Bangladeshis for their country
Old February 27, 2019, 12:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Anik miah ashise...from Sylhet to East London to Kashmiri Shawl.
Old February 27, 2019, 12:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Shabash Bangali!!!
We have come so far as a country, we can now openly support Pakistan and want to fight for them!! Musolman musolman bhai bhai after all... Massive respect to Mumin brothers and sisters.
Arrey Rakho miah Tonmoy...Musolmani, Hindustani, Khatnah, Sunnat, bris millah circumcision all hell broke loose!
Old February 27, 2019, 12:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
^LOL i don't think that's an appropriate discussion of who Bangladesh is gonna support. Bangladesh does not have the necessary military strength to matter in this conflict. They will simply be a victim here regardless. I rather like to see BD flex its muscle against Burma on rohingya crisis but the country is not run by someone who is capable to handle international conflicts. Rohingya is a more pressing issue for BD not kashmir.
Our military and foreign policy prowess is limited to রাষ্ট্রদূতকে পররাষ্ট্ মন্ত্রণালয়ে তলব করে খুবি কড়া ভাষায় দুই কথা শোনানো।
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old February 27, 2019, 03:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Our military and foreign policy prowess is limited to রাষ্ট্রদূতকে পররাষ্ট্ মন্ত্রণালয়ে তলব করে খুবি কড়া ভাষায় দুই কথা শোনানো।
HEheheh! TBF Miah bhaiyo, Kora bhasha is only if the Rashtrodoot is from Bootan, Congo or Papua New Guinea (no offence to these nations/countries - great people).

But if the Doot is from UN, Argentina or MExico - then (while mone mone still upset) kintoo upore upore ..."Dipakkhik moto-binimoy and SHamojhota skakkhor Plus Shapla Chottor theke Gulab fooler malaa prodan.

Ar jodi UK, US, Russia, KSA, India, Deutschland or Netherlands - Toholey Jamdani shari, Otobi theke Crest + cha-nasta -Haloowa ebong khoob aste aste dukkho prokaash (aka kanna-kati).
Old February 27, 2019, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
You and him, both.
Old February 27, 2019, 07:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:

Only and idiot would choose to support Pakistan, Pakistan cannot win in the air or on land. If a war does break out, Pakistan has the most to lose.
Old February 28, 2019, 04:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Only a Pakistani and Rajakar will support Pakistan on this forum IMO