facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 10, 2010, 12:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Kariya could be traded at the deadline if Blues manage to fall behind. His salary is huge though. That might save him from getting traded. Rumor swirling of Teemu joining Pens ! We need wingers..

Old February 11, 2010, 02:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Kariya could be traded at the deadline if Blues manage to fall behind. His salary is huge though. That might save him from getting traded. Rumor swirling of Teemu joining Pens ! We need wingers..
The Blues are serious underachievers.

Selanne is one of the greatest RWs ever and anyone could always use a player like him especially during the playoffs. Trying to contain him opens up opportunity for others to deliver also ...

I always fantasized about seeing Kariya and Selanne wearing the Winged Wheel. Don't see how Holland/Yzerman/Babcock can manage that.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 2, 2010 at 01:07 AM..
Old February 11, 2010, 11:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Kariya and Teemu were a deadly duo. They used to fly..

Capitals win streak comes to an end with 14 consecutive wins. Sigh of relief here! The '92 Pens record of 17 straight wins is still intact. However, Caps are the most dominating team I have seen in a long time. 5 goals is avg for them. Only concern from a Caps fan perspective could be that they peaked too early. I doubt it. They are driven this year..
Old February 13, 2010, 01:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Leafs are out of the playoffs!
Old February 13, 2010, 01:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:

Capitals win streak comes to an end with 14 consecutive wins. Sigh of relief here! The '92 Pens record of 17 straight wins is still intact. However, Caps are the most dominating team I have seen in a long time. 5 goals is avg for them. Only concern from a Caps fan perspective could be that they peaked too early. I doubt it. They are driven this year..
Yap. They played a gem of hockey.
Old February 13, 2010, 11:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

Playoffs are the true test of endurance, character and skill under lethal pressure. Caps did well in the playoffs last year, and if they've managed to learn something from that experience, they'll do better theoretically. The Pens did and won the Cup ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 14, 2010, 01:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Sohel..The Boss has spoken.

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/721724
Old February 15, 2010, 12:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Sohel..The Boss has spoken.

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/721724
Indeed bro ...

Winning the Cup changes things.
Old March 2, 2010, 01:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Wings edge Avs to take eighth in West
Monday, 03.01.2010 / 11:31 PM
Rick Sadowski - NHL.com Correspondent

DENVER -- The Detroit Red Wings have sent a resounding message to the rest of the NHL: They’re ba-ack.

Back in the playoff picture, that is.

Nicklas Lidstrom’s power-play goal with 9:03 remaining in the third period broke a 2-2 tie Monday night and gave the Red Wings a 3-2 win over the Colorado Avalanche in a fast-paced game at the Pepsi Center.

The victory gave the defending Western Conference champions 70 points and moved them from 10th place to eighth, one point ahead of Calgary with 20 regular-season games to play.

The Avalanche, who had won five consecutive home games, remained in sixth place in the West. Colorado and Northwest Division-leading Vancouver each have 76 points, but the Canucks have two more wins (37-35) and have played one fewer game.

Lidstrom took a back pass from Pavel Datsyuk in the slot and fired the puck by an off-balance Avalanche goalie Craig Anderson, who was partially screened on the play.

Tomas Holmstrom picked up an assist on the goal, his third point of the night.

The Red Wings skated circles around the Avalanche in the first period and grabbed a 2-0 lead on goals by Holmstrom and Johan Franzen.

But the Avalanche came alive shortly after referee Kerry Fraser waved off an apparent Red Wings power-play goal at 6:28 of the second period, ruling Holmstrom made contact with Anderson, though no penalty was called.

The Avalanche responded with goals from rookie T.J. Galiardi and Chris Stewart, who scored 2:45 apart to tie the game 2-2.

Galiardi banged the rebound of Paul Stastny’s close-range shot behind goalie Jimmy Howard at 8:29. Stewart reached the 20-goal mark with a shot from below the left faceoff dot that skimmed between Howard’s pads at 11:14.

Anderson made a huge save against Franzen at 16:40. Franzen skated across the slot and had a wipe-open net to shoot at, but Anderson managed to extend his right pad while on his belly to deflect the puck away.

Holmstrom opened the scoring at 6:06 of the first period. He accepted a pass from Datsyuk while skating down the slot before flipping a high shot that beat Anderson to the stick side.

Franzen, playing in his seventh game after missing the first 55 to recover from major knee surgery, connected for a power-play goal at 12:40. Anderson made a save against Lidstrom and the puck caromed into the corner. Holmstrom gained possession and gave it to Franzen, who put a move on Anderson and beat him to the short side.

SOURCE
Great, purposeful hockey from the Winged Wheel in yet another Wings-Avs classic! FINALLY healthy and ready to build momentum for the playoffs, we were obviously inspired by Stevie and Babcock's success with Team Canada.
Old March 3, 2010, 11:05 AM
Cricket Guru

I went to the Pens-Sabres last night. Ryan Miller got a standing ovation ( he didn't play ), as did Orpik and all the other Olympians.

Trade Deadline today :
Pens acquired Jordan Leopold ( D ) from Florida for a second rounder.
Last night we also got our target, Alex Ponikarovsky for Luca Caputi ( a great prospect from W/BS baby pens ) from Maple Leafs. He is the winger that Geno needs so badly. Good moves so far by Ray Shero. Maybe, one more to come by 3 p.m today. Nashville Predators have great D men. We might try there.
Old March 4, 2010, 01:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Saw that on the nhl.com TV. Must have been fun

Lost to the Canucks last night. Can't win with 4 answered goals in the second. We need to come out and set the tone rather than play catch-up.

We traded Kris Newbury to NYR for Jordan Owens. Owens is expected to contribute to our third line centered by either Helm or Abdel Kader, if he finds his way back into the playoff lineup at some point. A minor move looking ahead to the future seasons no doubt.
Old March 4, 2010, 11:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Yea..it was fun. Going to games are always fun.
Old March 4, 2010, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Heard Miller got the loudest cheer at the introductions, followed by Sid?

Play in one of the highest profile games in the world on a Sunday night, hop on the plane Monday morning and back to work on Tuesday. Sweet.
Old March 4, 2010, 12:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Miller got the loudest cheer and a standing ovation, followed by Orpik. The Russian duo got some cheer as well. Now, Sid got some cheers, not even close to what Miller got, and some even booed!
lol..They had to show his GWG in the jumbotron, and the Red-White and Blue faithful didn't like that.

But, all changed when Sid got the first assist on Gonchar's goal, and the roof was raised when they announced his name. Fans are fans..

I should be going to a few more games from here till the playoffs. I was at the Game 6 of SCF last year, the best game I have ever been to. I was sweating the whole game.
Old March 4, 2010, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

We want pictures!
Old March 4, 2010, 01:42 PM
Cricket Guru

I didn't log a camera with me last game. Went to game straight from work ( couple of blocks from Mellon ). I will take it next game. You can see it on FB.
Old March 4, 2010, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
I didn't log a camera with me last game. Went to game straight from work ( couple of blocks from Mellon ). I will take it next game. You can see it on FB.
What about the ones (me) who dont have you fb? No love?
Old March 5, 2010, 12:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
What about the ones (me) who dont have you fb? No love?
You got it. Just send a friend invite. Asif can help..
Old March 5, 2010, 11:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Yea..it was fun. Going to games are always fun.
Definitely! One cannot truly appreciate the game until he/she is physically at the game. I always found both hockey and lacrosse to be so much more live.

On a different note. Something weird has happened to the Mule ever since he has been back from injury. He has become quite the finesse player! I saw hints of that at the Olympics ...

Check out the graceful stick handling here (the second goal). Who would have thought?

The Saint hit his 800th assist mark during the comprehensive win against the Predlies. Pav scored a typically classy goal.

Looking forward to Chicago game on Sunday. Good to have an old Original Six rivalry revived like this. Bowman worked his magic with the Habs, the Pens and the Wings, and now with a group of great young players he and his son are doing the same in Chicago.

Last edited by Sohel; March 5, 2010 at 11:56 PM..
Old March 6, 2010, 06:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Thumbs up Cool analysis from the Red Wings blog

The coolest approach I've seen in a while.

Quote:
Comment by Zetterbergfan on March 5, 2010 5:56 pm

Is Zetterberg Overpaid?

At a salary cap hit of 6.08 million dollars a year, are the Detroit Red Wings over-paying Henrik Zetterberg? The question has come up a lot recently in blogs and forums. With the Wings barely holding onto the 8th and final playoff position in the Western Conference, fans and critics are looking at Zetterberg and Datsyuk to “earn their paychecks” and carry the team into the post-season.

Let me start by saying that Datsyuk and Zetterberg lead the team in goals and points. Datsyuk has 17 goals/ 52 points in 61 games (.85 points per game.) Zetterberg has 17 goals/ 50 points in 55 games (.91 points per game.) Datsyuk is well off of his career .98 points per game average. Z is only .02 off of his career .93 points per game. While Henrik is on pace for just 22 goals, 44 assists, and 66 points in 74 games, his career average is only 29 goals, 36 assists, and 65 points a season. So, the perceived drop-off is based on expectations set by Zetterberg’s performances in the 2005-06 and 2007-08 seasons.

It’s pretty fair to say higher expectations were set when Detroit signed Hank to a 12-year/ 73 million dollar contract last year. Everyone expects Zetterberg to get 30+ goals and 75+ points a year. Based on these expectations, he isn’t producing what they are paying him for. But, is he really overpaid?

To answer the question I decided to do some research. I took a list of the top 50 points leaders amongst NHL forwards so far this season and merged it with a list of the top 50 highest paid (salary cap hit) NHL forwards this year. It ends up being a list of 80 forwards. I wanted to see how much money these guys were making per point. The average dollars per point equals $105,000. Amazing how much these guys are getting paid!

Zetterberg is the 28th highest paid per point at $122,000. So, he is paid more than the average. That being said, Z’s .91 points per game is better than 28 of the 52 forwards that get paid less per point. So, on the average, Henrik gets paid about the same as other elite players producing the same as him.

Zetteberg’s $ per point is comparable to: Jerome Iginla, Jason Pominville, Jason Arnott, and Andy McDonald. Z’s points-per-game is better than all of them.

Zetterberg’s 50 points are equal to: Stephen Weiss, Bobby Ryan, Jussi Jokinen, and Maxim Afinogenov. Z’s points-per-game is better than all of them.

Zetterberg’s .91 points-per-game is comparable to: Marian Hossa, Paul Stastny, Nik Antropov, Vinny Lecavalier, and Jarome Iginla. Z’s $-per-point is better than Hossa, Lecavalier, and Iginla.

Zetterberg has the 24th highest salary cap hit amongst NHL forwards. He is getting paid less-per-point than eleven players who earn more per year.

LINK
Old March 6, 2010, 10:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Sohel

I saw that goal by Mule. I believe that was the first game right after Olympics. He has great soft hands for a big man. He is easily one of the best power forwards in the league.

Zetterberg is great two way player. Believe me, we know all about it. His point production may not be up to par this year, but players like him are money players in playoffs. He has a great playoff record. There are some 'supposedly' great players, like Joe Thornton, who just can't produce in playoffs. Our two twin superstars are great in regular season and playoffs ( thats why they are great ). They have both crossed 60 point mark in career playoffs games already ( 22 and 23 yrs old! ), already more than Thornton.

I was reading this article the other day : Red Wings and Pens in last two years have played 45 more games ( two stanley cup runs ), on top of two 82 games season. That is two and a half season worth. That is a lot of games.
Old March 7, 2010, 09:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Great game. Coming back from 0-2 to lead 5-2 and then hang on to get the 5-4 win in Chicago showed a number of things we needed to see going into the playoffs. 3 out of 4 Ws since the Olympic break with only one bad game is the building the momentum we need. Great to have our guys healthy and ready to go. Not sure how Jimmy Howard will do in the playoffs but he has been the go-to-guy for us this season.

Pav doing what he does best! Take it away and score:

The game against Iginla and the Flames will be a scorcher as always.

Last edited by Sohel; March 7, 2010 at 09:33 PM..
Old March 9, 2010, 09:42 PM
Cricket Savant

We lost 2-4! The Flames, led by Iginla as usual from the front, turned it up a notch and we failed to match them in the final period. Fading away in the third is an issue we have to rectify BEFORE going into the playoffs. We need to get to the puck first, get good cycles going down low and finish whatever secondary chances we get in the third. Pav's not getting the support he needs in the final period.

We're in 9th place now. The Flames took the 8th place away from us.

Last edited by Sohel; March 9, 2010 at 09:50 PM..
Old March 9, 2010, 09:53 PM
Cricket Guru

You will make it. Can't win every game. Nashville plays hard, but Red Wings should move past them shortly.
Old March 11, 2010, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Can't believe that NHL didn't suspend our Matt Cooke for that hit on Savard. It was a dirty hit. Cooke is a dirty player and he has a long history of this. The failure to suspend such hits ( including the one by Richards on Booth ) on technicality is a dark spot on the league. Now, the NHL essentially put a bounty on Crosby and Malkin when we face Bruins next week. I won't blame them if some one goes after the head of our star player, as Cooke did on their star player. Can't wait for us to get rid of this bum next year. He is going to hurt us in playoffs as well. Refs will watch him closely and reputations go far in this league. Penalties will be called on him regardless if he is guilty or not.