facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 30, 2015, 01:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
only problem with our system is... you have players that are starting to perform late into their career and its a quite a gamble if you want to knock them off to accommodate the uncertain prospects.

You have to think from a franchise perspective and a coaches perspective of these teams. You have two players fighting for one spot. Mosaddek on one hand and Nadif on the other. We have Mosaddek who is a great prospect but so far only made 24 runs in 4 innings! Surely thats not enough to rule him out but it does help his competitor Nadif in edging ahead because of his seasons after seasons worth of experience. We all know Nadif is a mediocre 30s player that will occasionally give you 50s. I dont know about you guys, but as a coach, i would give Nadif a nod even though i dont like his prospects of making it to the national
Of course that is the other side to it, but the big prospects need to be given the gamble, even more so when they're competing with someone who although may have a lot of experience middle of the road in terms of output. But the idea is to have a good balance of youth and experience.

Old January 30, 2015, 01:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
Watch out for mehedy hasan. So far nobody mentioned him. Even last under 19, he was star performer at the age of 16. He has chance of becoming great allrounder.i think mosaddek got attention in last under19 but its time for mehedy.
The off spinner? He's been doing well in u19s, not only that but he's played 16 list A games already and is only 17, with a bowling average in the 25s, certainly someone to watch for I agree.
Old February 1, 2015, 01:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Rony and majid scoring runs, a century opening partnership with more to come, liton not quite reaching the 50, out for 48 and we've got Razzak who has taken 5 wickets out of 5 so far.
Old February 1, 2015, 03:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Rony and majid both with tons, 267 opening stand so far, Razzak with an 8fer.
Old February 1, 2015, 04:15 AM
Cricket Guru

What's the biggest opening stand in NCL? 303 so far for rony and majid.
Old February 1, 2015, 04:31 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

If roni can perform even half as good as he is for the rest of the season... He should be in consideration for the test xi. Liton and Majid has a chance as well.
Old February 1, 2015, 04:38 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Mosaddek playing for Barishal. Only scored 7
Old February 1, 2015, 04:46 AM

10 centuries already! What's more... Almost half of them have reached or crossed 150..... Very positive sign.
Old February 1, 2015, 05:01 AM

Quick question... Why aren't they using ZACS, SANS or Syllet rather than the BKSP grounds...
Old February 1, 2015, 06:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Quick question... Why aren't they using ZACS, SANS or Syllet rather than the BKSP grounds...
Because of Hortal & Oborodh.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 1, 2015, 07:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

All of a sudden we have quite a few viable top-order options now. Liton, Rony, Mehedi and Abdul Majid all have been performing quite consistently. Shadman is one for the future. I think at the moment Liton and Rony are the most promising uncapped batsmen in the country. Rony has been spectacular. When is the next 'A' team series? I'd like to see how these guys perform at the next level. Liton, I think, is ready to make his debut this year. If Rony carries on he too could find himself in the national team.
Old February 1, 2015, 09:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
All of a sudden we have quite a few viable top-order options now. Liton, Rony, Mehedi and Abdul Majid all have been performing quite consistently. Shadman is one for the future. I think at the moment Liton and Rony are the most promising uncapped batsmen in the country. Rony has been spectacular. When is the next 'A' team series? I'd like to see how these guys perform at the next level. Liton, I think, is ready to make his debut this year. If Rony carries on he too could find himself in the national team.
Abdul Majid and Mehedi Maruf, a certain A team prospects,
Rony Talukdar, pretty darn close to getting a national call up
Litton Das, not that far also close to getting a national call up but needs to prove himself more

Again, right now, the top 15-17 players from the country are not participating in NCL, so let's see them perform over a certain period of time, when the world cup is over. Bangladeshi players in some sense are very fortunate since due to our lack of batting depth in the national team a couple of 100s in a row or a solid Domestic season gives you a test debut. in other countries like India, England, Australia the climb to stardom is an uphill battle. you have to fight season after season and really prove that you are not just a flash in the pan, and then also perform in A team for a long time to get a national call up. There are plenty of examples to boot. Which is why Australia produces cricketers like Mike Hussey(granted this leads to players debuting at their late twenties, but they do end up with a spectacular average, international career, for most cases). At the other side of the coin, Some of these seasoned veterans never really kickstart their career in the international arena due to whatever reason(technical flaws exposed or other reasons).

With that being said, Abdul Majid, Rony Talukdar, Mehedi Maruf and Litton Das certainly deserve an A team callup at least.
Old February 1, 2015, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Abdul Majid and Mehedi Maruf, a certain A team prospects,
Rony Talukdar, pretty darn close to getting a national call up
Litton Das, not that far also close to getting a national call up but needs to prove himself more

Again, right now, the top 15-17 players from the country are not participating in NCL, so let's see them perform over a certain period of time, when the world cup is over. Bangladeshi players in some sense are very fortunate since due to our lack of batting depth in the national team a couple of 100s in a row or a solid Domestic season gives you a test debut. in other countries like India, England, Australia the climb to stardom is an uphill battle. you have to fight season after season and really prove that you are not just a flash in the pan, and then also perform in A team for a long time to get a national call up. There are plenty of examples to boot. Which is why Australia produces cricketers like Mike Hussey(granted this leads to players debuting at their late twenties, but they do end up with a spectacular average, international career, for most cases). At the other side of the coin, Some of these seasoned veterans never really kickstart their career in the international arena due to whatever reason(technical flaws exposed or other reasons).

With that being said, Abdul Majid, Rony Talukdar, Mehedi Maruf and Litton Das certainly deserve an A team callup at least.
I think if the selectors and the team management deem their (Liton and Rony) technique and temperament sufficient to be able to survive in international cricket then we should throw them in there straight away. I agree that we can't just go by fleeting stats especially since the level of competition is diluted at the moment and the general lack of efficacy of NCL stats in projecting a player's performance at the international level however unlike the countries you mentioned we can't rely on our domestic structure for sustained development of players. We also don't play a lot of A team cricket. Therefore, when a potentially special talent turns up we should pick them without delay and see what they are made of in international cricket at a young age and let them develop by playing high-quality opposition and training with national team coaches/facilities. We did it with the likes of Shakib, Mushfiq, Tamim, Anamul and Mominul and I think we should carry on doing the same instead of leaving talented players languishing in domestic cricket.
Old February 1, 2015, 10:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Personally, I would like Coach Haturasinghe to continue after the world cup(hoping he doesn't get sacked or resigned or running away) to attend a few of our domestic games and maybe we can get a clearer idea of with whom he was most impressed by. Then yes, we can perhaps give one of these guys an extended run with the national team.
Old February 2, 2015, 01:07 AM

Wonderful knock from Majid........ getting a double ton is never easy regardless of the condition, opposition........
Old February 2, 2015, 02:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Majid just passed 250
Old February 2, 2015, 02:38 AM

retd hurt.... declared i think...... what a knock! What is the higest FC score by any BD batsmen?
Old February 2, 2015, 02:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Retired hurt on 253 during an Abu haider over.
Old February 2, 2015, 02:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
retd hurt.... declared i think...... what a knock! What is the higest FC score by any BD batsmen?
Raqibul has got a triple 313* if I'm remembering correctly.
Old February 2, 2015, 02:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Junaid gets his ton
Old February 2, 2015, 02:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Imrul brings up his 10th first-class century
Old February 2, 2015, 10:01 AM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

In reply of Dhaka's massive 525, Dhaka metro is allout for only 90 runs!!!!!!!! Is this the same pitch???? Shuvagata 5 for 17 and Jubair 4 for 23
Old February 2, 2015, 01:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awla
In reply of Dhaka's massive 525, Dhaka metro is allout for only 90 runs!!!!!!!! Is this the same pitch???? Shuvagata 5 for 17 and Jubair 4 for 23
You are joking!!
Old February 2, 2015, 01:50 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Shows how fit these players are.
Old February 2, 2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Shows how fit these players are.
And, shows how good our spinners are!