facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 28, 2012, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Why?\!?

He failed to take Bangladesh to the final - he failed to motivate his colleagues to play as a team!!

May be a 1/2 congrats instead!!!
Shetai, naam e bijoy, kaam e haru party. No congratulations until we win the World Cup.

Old August 28, 2012, 03:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Lucky for me we're not in Parliament. So bhashon aside, Sohel bhai, what is the guarantee that you, having watched domestic cricket and made predictions that have gone wronger than an attempted Ashra-scoop off a Dale Steyn yorker, are right this time and why do you think so?
No one has a crystal ball...but haven't you seen the record in front of you? Its all about probabilities which are capped at < 1. And on that front, Anamul has the highest probability based on his record than anyone before him. If Tamim, Shakib, Mushy can be as good as they are with lower probabilities, the odds are in Anam's favor (relatively) speaking.

U-19 level: Scored consistently on England tour 2010
Top scored in WC, only man with multiple hundreds

Academy level: hit 169 vs RSA team with FC bowlers (I think some of them were quite experienced)...just looked it up, guy named Merchant de Lange opened the bowling. Viljoen has lots of FC experience. And Graham Hume has a ridiculous FC avg of under 18! So definitely was against a more than decent attack.

Domestic NCL: 5 hundreds, one of the highest averages, scores consistently...scores in SF/Final matches (118, 49, 193 in the past 2 seasons).

NO ONE has a penchant for big scores like Bijoy does. Not Shakib, not Tamim, not Nasir, not Sir Ashraful who is greater than ALL.

And to all the sissies who are afraid of him "failing", then why play cricket at all? What if we fail. Its not like we've never had failures before. Secondly, give him 10 matches to assert himself. Let him fail, remember that Atapattu had score 5 ducks in his first 6 innings! Don't treat him like Ashraful and yank him after one bad innings. Seriously most of us fans need serious medication!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 28, 2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I don't think Ashraful was yanked after one bad inning. That happens now, because even after eleven years of international cricket, he talks, plays and acts like an U-15. Ashraful was given ample chances - more than any international cricketer including Atapattu can dream of.

But anyways, bringing Ashraful into this conversation is pointless, because I doubt anyone can be as brainless as him (there, Anamul: jinxed). I don't think those who don't want him in the team right now need medication or are sissies that are afraid of failure. I think the assumption here is that a more refined Anamul in a couple of years (given the right kind of exposure, coaching, etc) will yield greater returns and be able to hit the ground running with contributions from day one, compared to a more raw version who will likely need twenty innings before making an impact. Given how we're under constant pressure to perform, we probably can't afford to carry a dead wood along for such a long period of time (I know, I know about Ashraful, Abul, Roqibul, Mofizul, Kolimul et al, our selectors, what can I say). I think people who want him to train with McInnes feel that it's worth the wait and taking the hit in the short run for longer term gains, and there's nothing wrong with that line of thinking.

At the same time, there is nothing wrong with those who are thinking he might be ready and able to click right away. Personally, I'm on the fence here. Actually, I don't really give a crap. Losers will be losers until the WC is brought home, doesn't matter who does it for us - Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Anamul, Pybus, Mushtaq, Mofizul or Kolimul. They're all sissies who lose to Scotland.

I just want to win the MLC this year, then next year, then the next, until I die.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

we've been carrying dead woods in our 2nd opener and 1st drop for a long time so if anamul is ready but it takes him a few innings i don't see how having him there will be any worse than it has been.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I don't think Ashraful was yanked after one bad inning. That happens now, because even after eleven years of international cricket, he talks, plays and acts like an U-15. Ashraful was given ample chances - more than any international cricketer including Atapattu can dream of.

But anyways, bringing Ashraful into this conversation is pointless, because I doubt anyone can be as brainless as him (there, Anamul: jinxed). I don't think those who don't want him in the team right now need medication or are sissies that are afraid of failure. I think the assumption here is that a more refined Anamul in a couple of years (given the right kind of exposure, coaching, etc) will yield greater returns and be able to hit the ground running with contributions from day one, compared to a more raw version who will likely need twenty innings before making an impact. Given how we're under constant pressure to perform, we probably can't afford to carry a dead wood along for such a long period of time (I know, I know about Ashraful, Abul, Roqibul, Mofizul, Kolimul et al, our selectors, what can I say). I think people who want him to train with McInnes feel that it's worth the wait and taking the hit in the short run for longer term gains, and there's nothing wrong with that line of thinking.

At the same time, there is nothing wrong with those who are thinking he might be ready and able to click right away. Personally, I'm on the fence here. Actually, I don't really give a crap. Losers will be losers until the WC is brought home, doesn't matter who does it for us - Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Anamul, Pybus, Mushtaq, Mofizul or Kolimul. They're all sissies who lose to Scotland.

I just want to win the MLC this year, then next year, then the next, until I die.
The fact that you wrote a few paragraphs means you give more of a crap than you're letting on :p

That said, you mentioned Anam should be refined provided he gets access to refinement opportuities. Its Bangaldesh, he won't get that chance guaranteed. We don't have the infrastructure - its good enough we've produced his talent, we don't have A team tours, etc. We risk regression. I have no issues with giving him 20 innings to get his groove on. What are we going to do in those 20 innings aways? We'd just let Kayes edge his way to nowhere or watch Ash alternate between brain-farting and brain-freezing. Those 20 innings would be an investment, and likely we'd have a better shot at winning more with him in than with Kayes/Junaid/Ash/whoever. It would be a win-win for image conscious folk.

Now what happens if he fails and "is ruined forever". Well then it means he wasn't mentally strong enough to begin with. No lose done.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 28, 2012, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Man. I haven't seen this much excitement over one of our players since ... since the early Ash years. Not even Ash or Tamim garnered such fervor.
Old August 28, 2012, 08:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
No one has a crystal ball...but haven't you seen the record in front of you? Its all about probabilities which are capped at < 1. And on that front, Anamul has the highest probability based on his record than anyone before him. If Tamim, Shakib, Mushy can be as good as they are with lower probabilities, the odds are in Anam's favor (relatively) speaking.

U-19 level: Scored consistently on England tour 2010
Top scored in WC, only man with multiple hundreds

Academy level: hit 169 vs RSA team with FC bowlers (I think some of them were quite experienced)...just looked it up, guy named Merchant de Lange opened the bowling. Viljoen has lots of FC experience. And Graham Hume has a ridiculous FC avg of under 18! So definitely was against a more than decent attack.

Domestic NCL: 5 hundreds, one of the highest averages, scores consistently...scores in SF/Final matches (118, 49, 193 in the past 2 seasons).

NO ONE has a penchant for big scores like Bijoy does. Not Shakib, not Tamim, not Nasir, not Sir Ashraful who is greater than ALL.

And to all the sissies who are afraid of him "failing", then why play cricket at all? What if we fail. Its not like we've never had failures before. Secondly, give him 10 matches to assert himself. Let him fail, remember that Atapattu had score 5 ducks in his first 6 innings! Don't treat him like Ashraful and yank him after one bad innings. Seriously most of us fans need serious medication!
I know the temptation to test him out is really high, and it could be worth it as well. But just try to remember how helpless he looked against the Zimbabwean/Saffers in the T20 tournament.

He has the ability, he as the mentality, no one is arguing about that. But the step up from "A" team to national team is a huge one, let alone the U19->National team one. So, I say let's be sissies for once and see what waiting another year can give us. From all the scores he has had, and his average, he alongside Asif Ahmed looks like our future batting backbone. I would hate to see us losing a player like him or Asif. [And yes, I have seen Asif play in Dhaka, haven't seen Anamul, but Asif can be as good as Anamul in the near future]

And as Asif bhai said, once this promising kid will have 5-6 straight failures, it will be these fans that will be asking for his head. Bangladeshi media/selectors/fans are not as kind as some other nations. We will not be able to give Anamul a run of say 20 guaranteed games, as much as we would like to, that is the harsh truth. So, I will be a sissy, and hope to see a matured, better Anamul knocking Ashraful out of the team in a year.
Old August 28, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

There's an A team tour coming up against the WI HP team. Let's see how he does there. If he performs well there then give him a chance in the WI national team tour. I'm sure things will clear up by then and we'll see if he's ready or not.
Old August 28, 2012, 09:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
I know the temptation to test him out is really high, and it could be worth it as well. But just try to remember how helpless he looked against the Zimbabwean/Saffers in the T20 tournament.
UNOFFICIAL T20 series is the WORST place to judge any cricketer. Shakib sucks at T20, look how good he is in Tests and ODIs. This is why T20 cricket is not real cricket. What elements of T20 require classicism? Bear in mind Anamul is a classic batsman, of the "get set then score big" mold.

Quote:
He has the ability, he as the mentality, no one is arguing about that.
If he really has ability, he will be fine. But he needs time.

Quote:
But the step up from "A" team to national team is a huge one, let alone the U19->National team one. So, I say let's be sissies for once and see what waiting another year can give us. From all the scores he has had, and his average, he alongside Asif Ahmed looks like our future batting backbone. I would hate to see us losing a player like him or Asif. [And yes, I have seen Asif play in Dhaka, haven't seen Anamul, but Asif can be as good as Anamul in the near future]
Why would we lose him? If he has genuine ability, he will shine. What do we expect will happen by leaving him out of the side? Will he magically get better and be immune to failure. Why not leave Ash out of the side for a year or so if its a magic pill?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 29, 2012, 12:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

@Asif: There are no guarantees bro. It's about whom you put your faith in and why. Sure, the AAA let many of us down, but Shakib, Tamim and Nasir, each debuting in his teens, didn't. Maybe there's still hope for JSI once he finally sorts out his front foot and bottom hand issues, or for IKS once he stops premeditating strokes and blocks. You win some, you lose some and until proven otherwise, I believe we have major winners in Bijauy, Hom (was dropped unfairly IMO in light of his ODI performances) and Rumman.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 29, 2012, 12:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Asif bhai boshen apne. ajaira pechal pairen na.

kotoi to shomiti korlen...koi? kisuu laab hoilo? konoi laab holo na... TNO shaab er tch'ddya dofa krira nirman er komiti koirao to ajke shei je tamim the tamim roye gelo. koi? kisui hoilo na.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 30, 2012, 07:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
@Asif: There are no guarantees bro. It's about whom you put your faith in and why. Sure, the AAA let many of us down, but Shakib, Tamim and Nasir, each debuting in his teens, didn't. Maybe there's still hope for JSI once he finally sorts out his front foot and bottom hand issues, or for IKS once he stops premeditating strokes and blocks. You win some, you lose some and until proven otherwise, I believe we have major winners in Bijauy, Hom (was dropped unfairly IMO in light of his ODI performances) and Rumman.
Shuvagata and Shabbir could be good #7 batsmen for us for both T20's and ODI'S. They could be picked in subcontinental conditions when we need some overs of spin. Shabbir especially adds variety since he's a leggie. I don't think either should be playing Tests anytime soon though.
Old August 30, 2012, 07:15 PM
Cricket Guru

shabbir for #7 is a good option imo, shuvagata could be at #7 though i'd prefer him higher. i definitely think shuvagata was unfairly dropped from the national team, i know he was in poor form in domestics but he did nothing wrong playing for the national team, plus by the time the national team played again he was coming back into form. it just doesn't make any sense to debut a player in one series in which they did a decent job and then get dropped the next series. if you're not series about a player as a long term prospect then don't debut them, it's not like he was debuted because someone got injured and they came back the next series, he was genuinely selected then dropped for no reason.
Old August 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
shabbir for #7 is a good option imo, shuvagata could be at #7 though i'd prefer him higher. i definitely think shuvagata was unfairly dropped from the national team, i know he was in poor form in domestics but he did nothing wrong playing for the national team, plus by the time the national team played again he was coming back into form. it just doesn't make any sense to debut a player in one series in which they did a decent job and then get dropped the next series. if you're not series about a player as a long term prospect then don't debut them, it's not like he was debuted because someone got injured and they came back the next series, he was genuinely selected then dropped for no reason.
From what I remember, he got dropped in favor of Alok Kapali who performed much better than him in domestics. Obviously, that didnt work out too well.Also what didn't help him was Nasir's rise as a batsman and the already packed middle order. You could say it was harsh for him to get dropped but as a professional, you have to be able to bounce back once your out of the team but he hasn't done that. He hasn't even scored a half century in the A team. That's why I have no complaints. If he wants it bad enough, then let him score his way back. I know he has it in him, we'll just have to wait and see if he does.
Old August 30, 2012, 09:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
From what I remember, he got dropped in favor of Alok Kapali who performed much better than him in domestics. Obviously, that didnt work out too well.Also what didn't help him was Nasir's rise as a batsman and the already packed middle order. You could say it was harsh for him to get dropped but as a professional, you have to be able to bounce back once your out of the team but he hasn't done that. He hasn't even scored a half century in the A team. That's why I have no complaints. If he wants it bad enough, then let him score his way back. I know he has it in him, we'll just have to wait and see if he does.
from memory, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't shuvagata debut in the zim series where nasir started his rise? if that's correct then they did both fit into that team. i hear what you're saying, he definitely didn't perform well for the A team recently so yeah he didn't make a case for himself there, but earlier on in domestics he still scored decently and he did ok in the national team matches he played, alok on the other hand has always been pretty decent in domestics but generally failed in international cricket, so selecting alok was just as big a gamble as taking shuvagata if not bigger.

but definitely you have a very valid point with shuvagata's A team results, he didn't make a case. mominul stood above the rest which is why when it comes to our next test series if he continues the way he has he should definitely be in the squad.

but had they picked shuvagata instead of alok....this could be different now, shuvagata could have continued in the fashion he did when he debuted and he would still be in the national team.
Old August 31, 2012, 02:06 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

http://banglacric.com/anamul-haque-best-of-the-best/

See this article about Bijoy.
Old August 31, 2012, 03:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasim Ahmed
http://banglacric.com/anamul-haque-best-of-the-best/

See this article about Bijoy.
is this link a link to your own website? That means you are basically advertising your website on BC.
Old August 31, 2012, 05:37 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
is this link a link to your own website? That means you are basically advertising your website on BC.
I want to share my views with others that's why I shared the link. All those photos were taken by me. I don't think we have any rule here of not posting any link. Why are you taking it so negatively!!!???
Old August 31, 2012, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasim Ahmed
I want to share my views with others that's why I shared the link. All those photos were taken by me. I don't think we have any rule here of not posting any link. Why are you taking it so negatively!!!???
how am i speaking negatively...
Old August 31, 2012, 08:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
from memory, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't shuvagata debut in the zim series where nasir started his rise? if that's correct then they did both fit into that team. i hear what you're saying, he definitely didn't perform well for the A team recently so yeah he didn't make a case for himself there, but earlier on in domestics he still scored decently and he did ok in the national team matches he played, alok on the other hand has always been pretty decent in domestics but generally failed in international cricket, so selecting alok was just as big a gamble as taking shuvagata if not bigger.

but definitely you have a very valid point with shuvagata's A team results, he didn't make a case. mominul stood above the rest which is why when it comes to our next test series if he continues the way he has he should definitely be in the squad.

but had they picked shuvagata instead of alok....this could be different now, shuvagata could have continued in the fashion he did when he debuted and he would still be in the national team.
Ya Nasir and Shuvagata came in at the same time and look at both of them now. Nasir has established himself as a key member in the national team whereas Shuvagata is struggling at the A team level.

I agree looking back at that decision, bringing in Alok ahead of Shuvagata was the wrong decision and Shuvagata should've gotten a longer run before he was discarded.

Judging by A team stats, Mominul should be ahead of all the backup middle order batsmen. There's a lot of competition now for the middle order so Shuvagata has to outperform many players.
Old August 31, 2012, 08:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Ya Nasir and Shuvagata came in at the same time and look at both of them now. Nasir has established himself as a key member in the national team whereas Shuvagata is struggling at the A team level.

I agree looking back at that decision, bringing in Alok ahead of Shuvagata was the wrong decision and Shuvagata should've gotten a longer run before he was discarded.

Judging by A team stats, Mominul should be ahead of all the backup middle order batsmen. There's a lot of competition now for the middle order so Shuvagata has to outperform many players.
yes no doubt mominul should be the next middle order bat called up.
Old August 31, 2012, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I think some of the T20 picks will eventually make it to the ODI team we well. Pybus has not seen players like Shobhogoto, Mominul etc. and I think players like Jahirul, Zunaid, Forhad, Zia, Ashraful etc. will be within his 'preferred' list of probably ODI players too.. I don't think even Akram led selection committee is thinking beyond those players... Hence, Shubhogoto, Shubho, Alok, Nafees, Shahadat, Imrul like players return looks very unlikely this year...
Old August 31, 2012, 10:27 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I would attribute an accusatory tone to this. He's allowed to share a link to a personal website - even more so as it's related to cricket.
Old August 31, 2012, 03:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
I think some of the T20 picks will eventually make it to the ODI team we well. Pybus has not seen players like Shobhogoto, Mominul etc. and I think players like Jahirul, Zunaid, Forhad, Zia, Ashraful etc. will be within his 'preferred' list of probably ODI players too.. I don't think even Akram led selection committee is thinking beyond those players... Hence, Shubhogoto, Shubho, Alok, Nafees, Shahadat, Imrul like players return looks very unlikely this year...
hopefully being that mominul was the best of the batsmen in the recent A team matches that pybus will know of him. i know if is was coach of the national team i'd be looking at results of the A team so i'm sure pybus is.
Old August 31, 2012, 04:03 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Anamul Haque: Best of the best

Anamul Haque becomes the first Bangladeshi player to top the batting chart of a World Cup. Anamul adapted very well in the bouncy track of Australia and he did it so well that he amassed 365 runs from 6 outings at an average of 60.83. He is the only batsman to score two tons in the competition and the second highest run scorer Babar Azam fell 78 runs short of Anam’s tally.